Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,376 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (423684 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (474) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by subzheero: 1:44am On Jul 30, 2023
Submitted 20th July and no update since then
Scogyoddyniv1:
Congratulations.
Please when did you submit?
My agent submitted ours 19th July,2023.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 2:19am On Jul 30, 2023
I am planning to apply for a Diploma/certificate program (1 year) in medical laboratory science, but I'm concerned about how it will affect my study visa approval. Someone told me that study visa for Diploma/certificate program as a bsc holder usually get rejected with logical progression of studies as reason for denial. Does anyone have any experience/idea concerning this?
P.S I have bsc microbiology and I graduated 6 years ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 2:37am On Jul 30, 2023
shanny001:
I am planning to apply for a Diploma/certificate program (1 year) in medical laboratory science, but I'm concerned about how it will affect my study visa approval. Someone told me that study visa for Diploma/certificate program as a bsc holder usually get rejected with logical progression of studies as reason for denial. Does anyone have any experience/idea concerning this?

You have been misinformed. With a good SOP showing career progression and successfully linking what you are currently doing now with the program you want to study. Question should be what are you doing now? What's your job role? Is it related to medical laboratory science??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 3:23am On Jul 30, 2023
zubizareta:

You have been misinformed. With a good SOP showing career progression and successfully linking what you are currently doing now with the program you want to study. Question should be what are you doing now? What's your job role? Is it related to medical laboratory science??

No, it's not. I work as a procurement agent (remote). Getting a Job in a medical lab with just bsc microbiology was not possible for me as they only accept certified med lab scientists. That's why I want to get the certificate and be able to work as a medical lab scientist in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:28am On Jul 30, 2023
shanny001:

No, it's not. I work as a procurement agent (remote). Getting a Job in a medical lab with just bsc microbiology was not possible for me as they only accept certified med lab scientists. That's why I want to get the certificate and be able to work as a medical lab scientist in canada

Your study gap is 6 years. Would be very difficult to show career progression and convince the VO that after 6 years you want to go back to medical lab after working as a procurement agent for a while.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by apasino01: 3:57am On Jul 30, 2023
Xixteen11:
Hello everyone,
Please I just got my passport stamped and my resumption date is September 5 but I’m thinking of changing my course. Please what’s the process and are there any implication to do that from here?🙏🙏🙏
come in first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Edyyadeola: 4:00am On Jul 30, 2023
shanny001:
wrong information!! just get yourself a good SOP. organize a good lie and you’re good to go. VOs are human too they’re not robots. Don’t overthink it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Edyyadeola: 4:06am On Jul 30, 2023
divine128:
Guys I have a question pls someone I know,let me say a family friend,she lost her waec certificate ,but she has a diploma from a uni,so with her diploma,and testimonial from her secondary school showing the completion of her waec exams,and an affidavit from court of lost waec certificate,can she use this to get admission in Canada and apply for study visa,
gonna be hard to believe because waec is not something you lose and can never get back. Results are online in WAEC portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Edyyadeola: 4:11am On Jul 30, 2023
Please 🙏 I’m looking for someone, anyone coming to Canada soon that would be willing to help me bring my SIM cards. Just two mtn SIM cards. I misplaced my lines here. Was able to do welcome back in Nigeria . I just need someone to bring it to me here. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by divine128: 4:48am On Jul 30, 2023
Edyyadeola:
gonna be hard to believe because waec is not something you lose and can never get back. Results are online in WAEC portal.

You can get the print out everywhere,but the original you cant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Edyyadeola: 4:52am On Jul 30, 2023
divine128:

You can get the print out everywhere,but the original you cant
go to waec office they should be able to give you something authentic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 5:11am On Jul 30, 2023
Has anyone ever applied and got OSAP ? if so how did you get pass Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by portablesuzy: 5:19am On Jul 30, 2023
Good.morning house pls is it true that you can't apply for GCMS notes outside Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by portablesuzy: 5:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Pls anyone has anyone requested for GCMS notes through the free online ATIP and gotten a feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrsam12: 6:14am On Jul 30, 2023
Good day fam.
please do i need a transit visa to pass through London heathrow while connecting to canada... i'm using British Airway... please i need urgent respond
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by doublestar21(m): 6:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Lekiboboe:

The IELTS requirement you see in college admission requirements is mostly for countries whose Official language is not ENGLISH E.g India, Vietnam, China etc..

They recognize Nigeria as an English speaking country.

As an HND holder, you are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate Program in a College

See the link and contents below for

PG. Cert in Civil Engineering, Building Construction Management and related programs and Colleges in Canada offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/512#112887153

Also Check

Post Graduate Certificate in Construction Project Management, Centennial College, Ontario

Good luck..

Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by doublestar21(m): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Lekiboboe:

The IELTS requirement you see in college admission requirements is mostly for countries whose Official language is not ENGLISH E.g India, Vietnam, China etc..

They recognize Nigeria as an English speaking country.

As an HND holder, you are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate Program in a College

See the link and contents below for

PG. Cert in Civil Engineering, Building Construction Management and related programs and Colleges in Canada offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/512#112887153

Also Check

Post Graduate Certificate in Construction Project Management, Centennial College, Ontario

Good luck..

I will take a look at it . Thanks @Beautifulchy please always mention me when you find a suitable college because we are on the same page. I am making research here as well. Or you can as well drop your digits let's follow up on this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Yekebu(f): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Mrsam12:
Good day fam.
please do i need a transit visa to pass through London heathrow while connecting to canada... i'm using British Airway... please i need urgent respond
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Yes, you do.
Any stop in the UK or US requires a transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by angie88: 7:10am On Jul 30, 2023
Many have applied and gotten it within 28 to 30 days
portablesuzy:
Pls anyone has anyone requested for GCMS notes through the free online ATIP and gotten a feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2023
portablesuzy:

Yes. Alot of ppl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by operobo11: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2023
Hello guys,
Please for someone that was refused before and want to apply again, do i need to state that i was refused and why i was refused on my Sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by onyekachee(f): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2023
shanny001:
The person is just talking nonsense,so many people have gone for post graduate certificate programs and were given visa,if the course aligns with your work experience,then go for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mightydude: 9:07am On Jul 30, 2023
Good morning all, please is there anything like Government slot in Canada visa ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Yekebu(f): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2023
operobo11:
Hello guys,
Please for someone that was refused before and want to apply again, do i need to state that i was refused and why i was refused on my Sop
Yes you have to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Latyphat7: 9:14am On Jul 30, 2023
You do not need a transit visa based on below exemption

Check if you need a UK visa:
Information based on your answers
You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you’re exempt)
You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.

Exemptions
You do not need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a permanent resident visa issued by Australia or New Zealand
a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a permanent resident card issued by Canada on or after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section)
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to a Schengen country
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.
ote author=Mrsam12 post=124748345]Good day fam.
please do i need a transit visa to pass through London heathrow while connecting to canada... i'm using British Airway... please i need urgent respond [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Xixteen11: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2023
Scogyoddyniv1:
Congratulations.
Please when did you submit?
My agent submitted ours 19th July,2023.

I submitted on the 3rd of this month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dafuturis(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2023
Hello guys,

What does it entails applying for a US transit visa enroute Canada.

_The process time in Nigeria, Abuja or Lagos consulate
_Does it require physical interview
_Does it require submitting passport for stamping
_Any peculiarity with it DS-160

Is it obtainable?? Why do people avoid it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrsam12: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2023
[quote author=Yekebu post=124751454]
Yes, you do.
Any stop in the UK or US requires a transit visa[/quote) please How can i get one. my flight is next week saturday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrsam12: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Yekebu:

Yes, you do.

Please how can i get one my flight is next week saturday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrsam12: 10:37am On Jul 30, 2023
Yekebu:

Yes, you do.

Have you transit uk to canada before or do you have someone that has transit uk to canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oluayebenz: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oluayebenz: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2023
Mrsam12:

Please how can i get one my flight is next week saturday

I'm repeating it again.
Do not be mislead.

You do not need a transit visa if flying British airways, once you hold a valid canadian visa

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (474) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Bobomaigida, oluwaseyi218 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.