Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (428137 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ultimateagent:
What is up front medical.... is it the best? Please i need more enlightenment on it.

Upfront medical exam is an option for applicants who want to get their medical exam done before submitting their application or prior to
medical request by IRCC which can help speed up the processing time of the application.

I will only advice you to do upfront if you have not submitted your application, in this case, you can submit your e-medical information sheet with your application. But if you have already submitted your application, I will suggest you wait for the VO to request for it.

I did upfront but submitted through web form because I had already submitted my application. It took two months for IRCC to upload my medical records. There are many applicants who had similar experience...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by youngemperor(m): 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
hgg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
youngemperor:
hello guys, i came with another question, i was advised on this platform not to use kuda bank for statement and my kuda bank is my most active bank with inflow and outflow of about 220m in the last 2 years.

i want to start building another bank statement, how do i liquify over 40m i have i crypto into this new bank within the period of 6 months without the bank account looking suspicious and faked

Not every information can be disclosed on the internet,
You don’t know who is reading.
Anyway, if you have a business, that can play a role
If you don’t have, then I guess you will have to do it in a systematic way.
But crypto is not an illegal thing, so if you can proof that the fund is coming from crypto, and when the digital asset was purchased, how long it was held, and other transactions related to it, you don’t need a systematic way to build your account.
Also, if your regular account is Kuda, you can have your proof of funds move to a commercial bank, explain it and submit both account for clarity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adigun27: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2023
Please am filling the application form for conestoga college plsss I need help did I need to put my birth certificate, English proficiency, police report, marriage certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mummywifey: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
damyzel:
Dear Gurus in the house,

please, who knows any school in Alberta that offers Post Graduate Diploma for an accounting graduate in Business Adm or Business Management etc. i am almost giving up. kindly recommend.
i initially apply to a certificate course of 16months only to be told i will be entitled to only one Year PGWP, i need recommendation jare. i am tired. i want to stay in calgary or Edmonton.

Thanks in anticipation.

Check university of lethbridge ( dillion business school) . I just applied for advanced accounting (1 yr) . However they have another one for 2 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Good day everyone,
Please I want to know if a single sponsorship is better than the applicant coming as a co-sponsor in showing POF.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by WealthLegend(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
[quote author=humblesifon post=126538370][/quote] I will appreciate if you could connect me with your proof of fund contact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
Good evening guys

1) Please which universities in Canada accept a 2.2 cgpa

2) Also are universities cheaper than colleges?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adigun27: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
Please house I need school that give post graduate diploma certificate in any related computer science course I have third class in computer science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ultimateagent:
What is up front medical.... is it the best? Please i need more enlightenment on it.

Up front medical is a part of the Canadian visa application process where you have to undergo a medical examination. This examination is to ensure that you are in good health and don't have any medical conditions that could pose a risk to public health or safety in Canada. The examination is usually conducted by a panel physician approved by the Canadian government.

During the medical examination, the physician will assess your overall health, conduct various tests, and may require you to provide medical history and records. The specific tests and procedures may vary depending on your age, country of residence, and the type of visa you are applying for.

Once the examination is completed, the panel physician will provide you with a medical report. This report will be submitted along with your visa application to the Canadian immigration authorities. It's important to note that you are responsible for covering the costs of the medical examination.

The up front medical is an essential requirement for the visa application, and without it, your application may be considered incomplete. It's always a good idea to schedule the medical examination early in the application process to avoid any delays.

I hope this explanation helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
adigun27:
Please house I need school that give post graduate diploma certificate in any related computer science course I have third class in computer science

No worries about your third class degree. There are several Canadian institutions that offer post-graduate diploma programs in computer science-related fields. These programs can provide you with valuable skills and knowledge to enhance your career prospects.

Here are a few institutions in Canada that offer post-graduate diploma programs in computer science or related fields:

1. Centennial College
2. Humber College
3. Seneca College
4. George Brown College
5. Sheridan College
6. Conestoga Colleeg

These institutions offer a range of programs in areas such as computer programming, software development, network security, and more. It's important to check the specific requirements and admission criteria for each program to ensure they align with your educational background and goals.

Remember, a post-graduate diploma can be a great way to gain specialized knowledge and skills in your field, and it can also serve as a stepping stone towards further studies or career advancement.

Let me know if you need any more information or have any other questions!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
freshStarz:
Good evening guys

1) Please which universities in Canada accept a 2.2 cgpa

2) Also are universities cheaper than colleges?

When it comes to universities in Canada, the admission requirements can vary from one institution to another. While some universities may have a minimum CGPA requirement of 3.50 or higher, there are a few universities that may consider applicants with a CGPA of 2.2 like Memorial University of Newfoundland, University of New Brunswick and Crandall University just to mention a few. It's also important to note that meeting the minimum CGPA requirement doesn't guarantee admission, as universities also consider other factors like your statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and relevant work experience.

As for your second question, the cost of education in Canada can vary between universities and colleges. Generally, college programs tend to be more affordable compared to university programs in some cases. However, this can vary depending on the specific program and institution you choose. It's a good idea to research and compare the tuition fees and other associated costs of different universities and colleges to find the best fit for your budget.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wonder1844:
Good day everyone,
Please I want to know if a single sponsorship is better than the applicant coming as a co-sponsor in showing POF.
Thanks

If you have the required funds in your own account and can provide the necessary documentation to prove it, being a single sponsorship can indeed be a strong indication of your financial stability and ability to cover your expenses during your studies in Canada. It shows that you have personal financial resources available to support yourself without relying on someone else.

When applying for a study visa, the key is to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs associated with your studies. As long as you can provide the required financial documentation and meet the immigration authorities' requirements, being a single sponsorship can be a viable option.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
adigun27:
Please am filling the application form for conestoga college plsss I need help did I need to put my birth certificate, English proficiency, police report, marriage certificate

It is absolutely not necessary for your admission application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
danowena:

Thank you for responding to @ Ghanagyal93 . However, I have interest in the bolded; are you saying that even though he has a valid visa and is already in Canada, he/she will have to be interviewed in a nearby country outside canada?

Sorry if there was any confusion. If you're already in Canada with a valid visa and you're looking to apply for a US visa, you generally don't have to be interviewed in a nearby country outside of Canada. The US visa interview for non-immigrant visas is typically conducted at the US embassy or consulate in the country where you are currently residing. In this case, since you're already in Canada, you would likely have your interview at the US embassy or consulate in Canada. However, it's always a good idea to check the specific requirements and procedures for applying for a US visa in Canada, as they may vary depending on your circumstances. Let me know if you have any more questions!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Flakky26:

which of these websites is the best to apply for canada study permit from ?

A. https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

OR

B. https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s25cb60742a109aa8ca65a2624456de04eb6db6baa

For Study visa applications to Canada, you can use this site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry if there was any confusion. If you're already in Canada with a valid visa and you're looking to apply for a US visa, you generally don't have to be interviewed in a nearby country outside of Canada. The US visa interview for non-immigrant visas is typically conducted at the US embassy or consulate in the country where you are currently residing. In this case, since you're already in Canada, you would likely have your interview at the US embassy or consulate in Canada. However, it's always a good idea to check the specific requirements and procedures for applying for a US visa in Canada, as they may vary depending on your circumstances. Let me know if you have any more questions!

It will end in praise
Thanks a lot for the clarity. 👍👍👍
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Thank you so much.
My elder brother want to stand in as my sponsor with the required amount of my tuition fees for 1 year, living expense and travel expenses in his account.

My question is, is there still need of me showing my funds as I have some money from my savings and I am married with 3 kids.

Frankrobbn1:

If you have the required funds in your own account and can provide the necessary documentation to prove it, being a single sponsorship can indeed be a strong indication of your financial stability and ability to cover your expenses during your studies in Canada. It shows that you have personal financial resources available to support yourself without relying on someone else.

When applying for a study visa, the key is to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs associated with your studies. As long as you can provide the required financial documentation and meet the immigration authorities' requirements, being a single sponsorship can be a viable option.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

When it comes to universities in Canada, the admission requirements can vary from one institution to another. While some universities may have a minimum CGPA requirement of 3.50 or higher, there are a few universities that may consider applicants with a CGPA of 2.2 like Memorial University of Newfoundland, University of New Brunswick and Crandall University just to mention a few. It's also important to note that meeting the minimum CGPA requirement doesn't guarantee admission, as universities also consider other factors like your statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and relevant work experience.

As for your second question, the cost of education in Canada can vary between universities and colleges. Generally, college programs tend to be more affordable compared to university programs in some cases. However, this can vary depending on the specific program and institution you choose. It's a good idea to research and compare the tuition fees and other associated costs of different universities and colleges to find the best fit for your budget.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

It will end in praise

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gabby18: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
Freeman6771:
Is there anyone here who is still waiting for collection email for his/her passport after submitting it for stamping in Lagos vfs?. It’s been almost 3 weeks now.

Send a mail to canadang@vfshelpline.com
3weeks seems like a long time..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hello everyone, I need assistance from study visa experts in the house.

I've been offered admission in two schools;
1. Red river Polytechnic, winnipeg - science laboratory technology 2 years (my second choice)
2 Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta - Medical Laboratory assistant certificate 1 year (my first choice) (cheaper fees)

I have a BSc in Microbiology and a year experience as a medical laboratory assistant (three years ago)

Now I'm confused as to which to go with as per which would give me a higher chance of visa approval (2yr diploma vs 1yr certificate);
I intend to travel with my spouse and 2yr old kid and I have enough proof of funds for either schools.

Please it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wonder1844:
Good day everyone,
Thanks
Co-sponsor should be stronger especially if the second sponsor is from a family member like parents or siblings outside canada to support the application and both party having source of funds...
It will also prove to the visa officer that you have strong family ties outside canada...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wonder1844:
Thank you so much.
My elder brother want to stand in as my sponsor with the required amount of my tuition fees for 1 year, living expense and travel expenses in his account.

My question is, is there still need of me showing my funds as I have some money from my savings and I am married with 3 kids.

Absolutely! Including your personal bank statement is indeed a great idea. It helps demonstrate your personal financial establishment and strengthens your application. By showcasing your own financial status, you provide further evidence of your ability to support yourself during your studies in Canada. This can greatly convince the visa officer of your financial stability and increase the chances of a successful visa application. Remember to ensure that your bank statement reflects a consistent inflow with a reasonable balance in it.

I hope this detailed explanation helps you understand the importance of including a personal bank statement in your application. If you have any more questions or need further guidance, feel free to ask here. Good luck with your Canadian study visa application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
shanny001:
Hello everyone, I need assistance from study visa experts in the house.

I've been offered admission in two schools;
1. Red river Polytechnic, winnipeg - science laboratory technology 2 years (my second choice)
2 Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta - Medical Laboratory assistant certificate 1 year (my first choice) (cheaper fees)

I have a BSc in Microbiology and a year experience as a medical laboratory assistant (three years ago)

Now I'm confused as to which to go with as per which would give me a higher chance of visa approval (2yr diploma vs 1yr certificate);
I intend to travel with my spouse and 2yr old kid and I have enough proof of funds for either schools.

Please it's urgent

Congratulations on your admission offers! It's great that you have options to choose from.

Sure! I can provide you with more details to help you make an informed decision. When it comes to visa approval for family application, the duration of the program can play a role in convincing the officer and also in demonstrating your commitment to your field of study. Going for a 2-year diploma in Science Laboratory Technology from Red River Polytechnic can show that you are dedicated to gaining in-depth knowledge and skills in your chosen field. Personally, I would recommend the two years course.

However, it's important to consider other factors as well. The relevance of the program to your career goals is crucial. If the Medical Laboratory Assistant certificate program at Red Deer Polytechnic aligns better with your aspirations and has cheaper fees, it can still be a strong choice. You can highlight your previous experience as a medical laboratory assistant, which can be an advantage in the visa application process.

In addition to program duration, consider the reputation of the institutions and their respective locations. Look into the resources, facilities, and opportunities available to students in each program. It's also worth considering the cost of living in Winnipeg versus Red Deer, as this can impact your overall expenses.

Recall to provide comprehensive documentation to support your application, including proof of funds for your spouse and child. Showcasing strong ties to your home country, such as property ownership or job prospects upon your return, can also strengthen your application.

I hope this gives you a more detailed perspective. If you have any further questions or need more information, feel free to ask here. Good luck with your decision-making and the visa application process!

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Heritagebib: 12:34am On Nov 26, 2023
How true is the attached screenshot for Egypt airline? I can see that it's cheaper that is y I want to go for it.
Is Egypt airline a good one or I should NOT

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Logingist: 2:17am On Nov 26, 2023
Heritagebib:
How true is the attached screenshot for Egypt airline? I can see that it's cheaper that is y I want to go for it.
not bad. The most important is to land safely .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 2:59am On Nov 26, 2023
Hi guys please on average how long does it take vfs to return passport submitted in person ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by iykenet: 3:11am On Nov 26, 2023
Hello Please I need a help, am an international student in Mohawk college Mississauga campus, please I need help for a house please any one can help me how to get a place I did will appreciate that thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 3:24am On Nov 26, 2023
Please gurus in the house I need assistance.
I am about to schedule a biometric appointment for me and my wife, my wife is the primary applicant for study permit, I am her dependant for SOWP.

Both of us got different biometric instruction letters, now while scheduling for biometric appointment are we going to create two different accounts with vfs or just one account?

In the field that says number of applicants, should I select 1 or 2, please I need directions here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 4:59am On Nov 26, 2023
Also we didn't do upfront medicals before we submitted our visa application, is it advisable we still do it now or we should wait for IRCC to request for it.

If we are to Schedule for the medical appointment with IOM, the space for IME number what are we going to fill there. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 5:00am On Nov 26, 2023
Thank you so much
Frankrobbn1:

Absolutely! Including your personal bank statement is indeed a great idea. It helps demonstrate your personal financial establishment and strengthens your application. By showcasing your own financial status, you provide further evidence of your ability to support yourself during your studies in Canada. This can greatly convince the visa officer of your financial stability and increase the chances of a successful visa application. Remember to ensure that your bank statement reflects a consistent inflow with a reasonable balance in it.

I hope this detailed explanation helps you understand the importance of including a personal bank statement in your application. If you have any more questions or need further guidance, feel free to ask here. Good luck with your Canadian study visa application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sheikh007(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2023
Heritagebib:

It means you must book a return flight, otherwise you will be refused a connecting flight to Canada and forced to return back to Nigeria..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (475) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.