Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (408260 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by godstino(m): 12:26am On Nov 27, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Good evening to you too! It's great to hear that your sister is considering further studies in Canada. With a 3-year diploma in medical records from Nigeria, she definitely has options for continuing her education.

In Canada, there are diploma programs available for various fields, including healthcare. These diploma programs can provide practical skills and knowledge that can be valuable for career advancement. Your sister can explore diploma programs related to healthcare administration, medical office administration, or health information management. These programs can help her enhance her skills and open up more opportunities.

Apart from diploma programs, there are also other options like certificate programs or even bachelor's degree programs, depending on her long-term goals and interests. It's important to research and find the programs that align with her career aspirations and meet the admission requirements.

I would recommend checking out the websites of Canadian colleges and universities to explore the specific programs they offer. They usually provide detailed information about admission requirements, program duration, and course content. Additionally, it's a good idea to reach out to the admissions offices of these institutions for personalized guidance and advice.

I hope this helps your sister in her pursuit of further studies in Canada! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Good luck to your sister on her educational journey!

It will end in praise
thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shayhune: 3:30am On Nov 27, 2023
jscoder:

Well, I had deposits of 2k5, 3k, and 4k USD in my DOM account. my wife's Program is 1 Year. so the amount is for 1 year.
I explained part of the money was for the balance of my wife's tuition of 8600 CAD.
I provided a breakdown of the expenses for me and my 3 kids- 4k for me and 9k for my kids. I provided a breakdown for flight tickets and daycare for my 3-year-old and an additional 5k for miscellaneous.

Oh I see. Re-echoing what Predator188 said, you didn't provide where those funds came from since you didn't use your salary account. When re-applying, kindly provide the source of the funds like paystubs etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ozone0801(m): 5:35am On Nov 27, 2023
Heritagebib:
How true is the attached screenshot for Egypt airline? I can see that it's cheaper that is y I want to go for it.
Is Egypt airline a good one or I should NOT

I'm not sure this applies to student. I booked one-way egyptair at their V/I office in lagos, and they didn't mention this condition to me.
The only thing about egyptair is; for students, you must pick a date that's within 3weeks or 1months to your resumption date, or else they'll send you back to lagos from Cairo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ultimateagent: 6:06am On Nov 27, 2023
Ohhhh thanks i mean medical
MatrixReloaded:

What kind of question are u asking?
Your friend went for biometric (Oct 17)
(He's even yet to go for biometrics up till now)
You both needs rehabilitation.
I assume u mean medicals. 😏
Nevertheless he should expect a feedback for his medicals from Ircc. Let him check his email regularly if he is the main applicant. If he is using agent let him ask the agent too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kaydelegend01: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2023
So sorry to hear about this. My advise . Kindly pay the first year tuition. Paying tuition or over 70 percent of your tution gives the VO this confidence that you guys are financially stable. It will end in praise

jscoder:

Well, I had deposits of 2k5, 3k, and 4k USD in my DOM account. my wife's Program is 1 Year. so the amount is for 1 year.
I explained part of the money was for the balance of my wife's tuition of 8600 CAD.
I provided a breakdown of the expenses for me and my 3 kids- 4k for me and 9k for my kids. I provided a breakdown for flight tickets and daycare for my 3-year-old and an additional 5k for miscellaneous.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 7:43am On Nov 27, 2023
Good morning ppl

My observation so far is that most courses that I'm seeing in this Canadian school journey are mostly in the range of $16k cad or above for a one year program

Are there even courses below this amount. Like a course of $10k to $12k cad for a one year program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2023
shanny001:
Hello everyone, I need assistance from study visa experts in the house.

I've been offered admission in two schools;
1. Red river Polytechnic, winnipeg - science laboratory technology 2 years (my second choice)
2 Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta - Medical Laboratory assistant certificate 1 year (my first choice) (cheaper fees)

I have a BSc in Microbiology and a year experience as a medical laboratory assistant (three years ago)

Now I'm confused as to which to go with as per which would give me a higher chance of visa approval (2yr diploma vs 1yr certificate);
I intend to travel with my spouse and 2yr old kid and I have enough proof of funds for either schools.

Please it's urgent

If I were in this position these will be my consideration.

I will choose Manitoba only if I have a family or friend that can contribute to my PR process.
Other wise I will choose Alberta. Also if you both are still young and have all the time why not go for the two years. But if you are staring in your late thirties and above. Please do away with 2years course.

Simply because of PR knowing fully well that the accompanying husband would have gained 1 year working experience that will strengthen our application. Remember Alberta cut off CRS points is 300. There is no way you won't surpass 300

Secondly go to indeed.ca and search for jobs that are you and your husband can fit into. Go to the province that has the higher job opportunity in your various fields.

Lastly knowing that taxes is lower in Alberta is conclusion of the whole matter.

The whole point is aside considering the school look at which gives you the best route to permanent residency
Hope this helps.
T

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2023
freshStarz:
Good morning ppl

My observation so far is that most courses that I'm seeing in this Canadian school journey are mostly in the range of $16k cad or above for a one year program

Are there even courses below this amount. Like a course of $10k to $12k cad for a one year program?

I totally get where you're coming from, and I did some digging for you. While it's important to note that tuition fees can vary depending on the specific program and institution, I found a couple of options that might fit within the $10k to $12k CAD range for a one-year program:

1. Centennial College in Ontario: They offer various programs with tuition fees in that range. You can check their website for more details.

2. Algonquin College in Ontario: They have some programs that might fall within your budget. Take a look at their offerings to see if anything interests you.

Don't forget to check the specific program details, admission requirements, and available scholarships or financial aid options for each institution.

If you need more suggestions or have any other questions, feel free to ask here.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Freeman6771: 9:33am On Nov 27, 2023
Thanks. I’ve sent them a mail.
gabby18:

Send a mail to canadang@vfshelpline.com
3weeks seems like a long time..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 10:28am On Nov 27, 2023
jscoder:
Hi Gurus,

I just got my GCMS notes and attached is the reason for the rejection. I am surprised it mentions limited funds since I presented 51,000 CAD as POF for a family of 5.

I am looking for someone to help me write SOP for my reapplication.
Hello , how long did it take you to receive the GCMS note after application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2023
Your responses has been uplifting and encouraging on this thread, thank you for your light.

I already applied to a school, however I want to have options as the school I applied to is open for September intake. I do not if there are recommendations for schools open for MAY intake 2024 without having to write Ielts...

Thank you sir

Frankrobbn1:

I totally get where you're coming from, and I did some digging for you. While it's important to note that tuition fees can vary depending on the specific program and institution, I found a couple of options that might fit within the $10k to $12k CAD range for a one-year program:

1. Centennial College in Ontario: They offer various programs with tuition fees in that range. You can check their website for more details.

2. Algonquin College in Ontario: They have some programs that might fall within your budget. Take a look at their offerings to see if anything interests you.

Don't forget to check the specific program details, admission requirements, and available scholarships or financial aid options for each institution.

If you need more suggestions or have any other questions, feel free to ask here.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2023
Your responses has been uplifting and encouraging on this thread, thank you for your light.

I already applied to a school, however I want to have options as the school I applied to is open for September intake. I do not if there are recommendations for schools open for MAY intake 2024 without having to write Ielts...I'm interested in business analytics or any business administration related course. I have HND and lower credit

Thank you sir

Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by peejay03: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2023
Thank you so much. This is quite helpful. Really appreciate.
Frankrobbn1:

When it comes to providing documentation to explain the source of funds received as support from your husband and sister, there are a few additional documents you can consider aside from bank statements. Here are some examples:

1. Gift letters: If the funds are considered gifts, you can provide a letter from your husband and sister stating that the money is a gift and does not need to be repaid. The letter should include their contact information, relationship to you, the amount of the gift, and a statement confirming that the funds are meant to support you.

2. Income verification: If your husband or sister is providing financial support through their income, you can include documents such as pay stubs, employment letters, or tax returns to demonstrate their ability to provide the funds.

3. Loan agreements: If the funds are provided as a loan, you can include a loan agreement that outlines the terms of the loan, including repayment plans and any interest involved.

4. Affidavits or sworn statements: You can also consider obtaining affidavits or sworn statements from your husband and sister, affirming their financial support and their intention to provide the funds.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ahaisibwe(f): 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2023
Praise God guys !! God did it after all this waiting God was faithful in the end as always

Was denied an F-1 USA visa in 2019
I’m a first time applicant

Course :bachelor in nursing
School :Lakehead university,Thunder bay ,Ontario

Application submitted: 28th June
Biometrics done: 3rd July
Medical passed: 9th august
Eligibility started :24th august
Passport request:20th November
Submitted passport:20th November
Collected passport:27th November

God is great and faithful

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by spacevice(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
Is it a MUST to touch on a study gap in the SOP? Which one is better? To mention it and address it or not to mention it?

Frankrobbn1:

A 10-year study gap might raise some questions, but it doesn't necessarily mean your study application to Canada will be jeopardized. To handle this issue and make your case convincing to the visa officer, you can focus on explaining the reasons for the study gap and how it has contributed to your personal and professional growth. Highlight any relevant work experience or self-study you've undertaken during that time. Emphasize your motivation and commitment to pursuing further education in Canada. Providing strong supporting documents, such as recommendation letters, a well-written personal statement, and evidence of any relevant achievements, can also help strengthen your case. Just be honest, clear, and confident in your application. Good luck with your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Stardor: 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
Congratulations, This was indeed a long wait, 5 good months, did the VO at any point request for an updated bank statement from you?
Ahaisibwe:
Praise God guys !! God did it after all this waiting God was faithful in the end as always

Was denied an F-1 USA visa in 2019
I’m a first time applicant

Course :bachelor in nursing
School :Lakehead university,Thunder bay ,Ontario

Application submitted: 28th June
Biometrics done: 3rd July
Medical passed: 9th august
Eligibility started :24th august
Passport request:20th November
Submitted passport:20th November
Collected passport:27th November

God is great and faithful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
@zubizareta
Good day everyone please I need help concerning my application and I'll need opinions on how to go about it as am thinking of applying for refund from the school..

I moved the fund I use for my POF the third day I submitted my application and l waited for seven weeks before I was refused a visa on Friday as a family of three for finance..

Reapplying is now the issue am facing as I don't know how to explain in my LOE reason to move the fund.... @zubizareta kindly give a professional advice on how to go about itll

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Immacbaby: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hi good morning Nairalanders! I want to use this medium to appreciate God for what he has done for my junior Sister. I came to Canada September 2022 for my advanced study which I all did by myself and shared my testimony in this forum.

I applied for my sisters visa from Canada 14th October 2023, She got a medical request Nov. 7th 2023 even though she completed the medical on the 1st November 2023 with QLIFE. I know QLIFE hasn't updated IRCC by then.

My sister's Medical update and PPR for her Nursing school dropped this morning (Nov. 27th) and all I have to say is thank you Lord.

To God be the glory for great things he has done!!!! some one hear me out Your testimony is near!!!!!!!

I can't thank this forum enough because it keeps me updated.

Congratulations to her.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ahaisibwe(f): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Stardor:
Congratulations, This was indeed a long wait, 5 good months, did the VO at any point request for an updated bank statement from you?

No they didn’t ask for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ladasha: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hello friends, anyone in Trent University, Peterborough campus looking for a roommate, someone to share an apartment with or knows how to secure accommodation in Peterborough please, please and please reach out to me. πŸ™πŸΏπŸ™πŸΏπŸ™πŸΏ
abundantgrace1308@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwatitamilore: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hello everyone

What school in Canada will you recommend for undergraduate studies for two siblings with interest in business admin and mass communication?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Choiceart0710:

I already applied to a school, however I want to have options as the school I applied to is open for September intake. I do not if there are recommendations for schools open for MAY intake 2024 without having to write Ielts...I'm interested in business analytics or any business administration related course. I have HND and lower credit

Thank you sir

l

I totally understand where you're coming from. It's great that you've already applied to a school for the September intake, but it's always good to have options. If you're interested in business analytics or any business administration related course, and you have an HND with a lower credit, I recommend considering the following institutions without the requirement of IELTS:

1. Fanshawe College in Ontario: They offer programs in business analytics and business administration, and they may have a May intake option. Check their website for more information.

2. Durham College in Ontario: They also have programs in business analytics and business administration, and they may offer a May intake. Take a look at their offerings to see if anything catches your interest.

3. Conestoga College: They also have a program in Business Analytics as well.

Be mindful to check the specific program requirements, and admission criteria. However, I don't think there are any colleges in Canada that has available slot for May 2024.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
Oluwatitamilore:
Hello everyone

What school in Canada will you recommend for undergraduate studies for two siblings with interest in business admin and mass communication?

For undergraduate studies in business administration and mass communication in Canada, I recommend considering the following schools:

1. University of Toronto: They offer a wide range of programs, including a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in business administration and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in communication.

2. Ryerson University: They have a strong business program called the Ted Rogers School of Management, offering a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with various specializations. They also have a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Media Production for mass communication.

3. York University: They have a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) program in business administration and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) program in Communication Studies for mass communication.

These schools are well-known for their academic excellence and have a variety of resources and opportunities for students in both fields.

Remember to check the specific program requirements, admission criteria, and any additional application materials needed for each school.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sakieja(f): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Good afternoon house.please I need your assistance.my brother want to apply for diploma in agronomy in University of Saskatchewan.but when I read their admission requirements.ielts is among of requirements.please is it compulsory to include it because he didn't sat for it?how can we apply without it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
@zubizareta and all the professionals
Good day everyone please I need help concerning my application and I'll need opinions on how to go about it as am thinking of applying for refund from the school..

I moved the fund I use for my POF the third day I submitted my application and l waited for seven weeks before I was refused a visa on Friday as a family of three for finance..

Reapplying is now the issue am facing as I don't know how to explain in my LOE reason to move the fund.... @zubizareta kindly give a professional advice on how to go about itll
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by realpearl(f): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
freshStarz:
Good morning ppl

Yes there are. Colleges though

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Mikkosh11:
@zubizareta

I understand that you're facing some challenges with your visa application due to insufficient funds for your fees and living expenses in Canada. It can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but let's see how we can approach this situation.

First, it's important to note that the embassy doesn't have access to the actual funds in your bank account after you've applied for a visa. They officer in charge of an immigration application, exercises his/her discretion based on the evidence on file. If there is any discrepancies, they will request for updated statement but in your case none of this happened.

Going forward, when reapplying for your visa, it's crucial to provide a clear and detailed explanation in your Letter of Explanation (LOE) about why you moved the funds after submitting your application as it will be very obvious from your updated bank statement that the money was moved. So, be honest and transparent about the reasons behind the fund transfer and provide any supporting documentation if available. Did you loan the money to a family friend or a close relative? Did you engage in any business transactions or projects? You've to provide evidence to that effect.

Additionally, you may want to consider the following steps:

1. Review the specific financial requirements of the visa application process and ensure you meet them. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your fees and living expenses without relying on work.

2. Provide strong evidence of your financial situation, such as bank statements, sponsorship letters, and any other documents that demonstrate your ability to support yourself and your family in Canada.

Furthermore, It might be better to give it another shot instead of going for a refund right away. Applying for a visa can be a bit tricky, but don't lose hope just yet!

Lastly, it's crucial to be honest, thorough, and provide all necessary documentation when reapplying. Good luck with your visa application, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
spacevice:
Is it a MUST to touch on a study gap in the SOP? Which one is better? To mention it and address it or not to mention it?

When it comes to addressing a study gap in your Statement of Purpose (SOP), there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer. It depends on your specific situation and how you choose to present it.

If the study gap is significant and may raise questions, it might be a good idea to address it in your SOP. You can briefly explain the reasons behind the gap and how it has contributed to your personal and professional growth. This can help provide context and show that you have utilized that time effectively.

On the other hand, if the study gap is not significant or doesn't impact your qualifications for the program, you may choose not to mention it. Instead, focus on highlighting your relevant experiences, skills, and motivations for pursuing the program.

Ultimately, the decision is up to you. Consider the impact of the study gap on your overall application and how addressing it or not addressing it aligns with your story and goals.

Note that it's important to be honest and transparent in your SOP, but also focus on showcasing your strengths and suitability for the program. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! 😊

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2023
peejay03:
Thank you so much. This is quite helpful. Really appreciate.

Glad to hear you found the piece of information helpful. Feel free to ask questions here.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
Damilare5882:
Hello , how long did it take you to receive the GCMS note after application

The processing time for receiving the GCMS note can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of application and the workload of the immigration authorities.

On average, it can take around 30 to 60 days to receive the GCMS note after submitting your application for it. However, please keep in mind that this is just an estimate, and the actual processing time may differ in individual cases.

Patience is key during the application process. I hope you receive your GCMS note soon! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here. 😊

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2023
Please guys what documents do I need to prove that the company I work for are the one sponsoring me for my 2years study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
Please anyone answer me
Neche207:
Please guys what documents do I need to prove that the company I work for are the one sponsoring me for my 2years study

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Yekebu(f), ehiremen2002 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.