Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (406679 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CornOak(m): 6:29am On Nov 26, 2023
Iyke6505:
Please gurus in the house I need assistance.
I am about to schedule a biometric appointment for me and my wife, my wife is the primary applicant for study permit, I am her dependant for SOWP.

Both of us got different biometric instruction letters, now while scheduling for biometric appointment are we going to create two different accounts with vfs or just one account?

In the field that says number of applicants, should I select 1 or 2, please I need directions here.

Create one VFS account with the main applicant's details.

In the field that asks the number of applicants, select 2 and add each applicant's details one after the other, according to your BIL.

Then proceed to book a date, VFS will give you the same date and time for biometrics.

This way, your application will now be 2-in-1.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CornOak(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2023
Iyke6505:
Also we didn't do upfront medicals before we submitted our visa application, is it advisable we still do it now or we should wait for IRCC to request for it.

If we are to Schedule for the medical appointment with IOM, the space for IME number what are we going to fill there. Thanks

The IME number is not compulsory for upfront medicals. Your best bet is to book manually by sending them an email requesting for an appointment.

Lagos IOM email address: iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Heritagebib: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2023
Bt do I need a return ticket for student visa?
Is this just about Egypt airline or others do ds too?
I saw that Egypt airline is cheaper than other airlines, ds y I'm jumping at it

sheikh007:

It means you must book a return flight, otherwise you will be refused a connecting flight to Canada and forced to return back to Nigeria..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by queenhecate: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2023
Good morning everyone. Please I need candid advise from people who are experienced.
I am married with four children under 10 and graduated with a computer science third class in 2006. This is mostly because I was kinda forced into the course and had no passion for it so didn't understand it.
I have done varieties of jobs since like teaching, customer care but recently doing business of my own. I want to relocate with my family and my husband is insisting on Canada study visa since UK seems to be banning Nigerians soon.

I would like to switch to a business management course.

Is there cheap colleges I can apply to in Canada that will take me and a dependant and give us access to stay back and bring our kids over later.

Please I need your candid advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Freeman6771: 7:48am On Nov 26, 2023
gabby18:

Send a mail to canadang@vfshelpline.com
3weeks seems like a long time..
I’ve done all that and I’ve even call them, I was told it’s still with the embassy. I don’t know if it takes this long sometimes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 8:15am On Nov 26, 2023
CornOak:

The IME number is not compulsory for upfront medicals. Your best bet is to book manually by sending them an email requesting for an appointment.

Lagos IOM email address: iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Thanks you very much, we are using Abuja, please can you also help me with ABUJA IOM email address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shanny001(f): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations on your admission offers! It's great that you have options to choose from.

Sure! I can provide you with more details to help you make an informed decision. When it comes to visa approval for family application, the duration of the program can play a role in convincing the officer and also in demonstrating your commitment to your field of study. Going for a 2-year diploma in Science Laboratory Technology from Red River Polytechnic can show that you are dedicated to gaining in-depth knowledge and skills in your chosen field. Personally, I would recommend the two years course.

However, it's important to consider other factors as well. The relevance of the program to your career goals is crucial. If the Medical Laboratory Assistant certificate program at Red Deer Polytechnic aligns better with your aspirations and has cheaper fees, it can still be a strong choice. You can highlight your previous experience as a medical laboratory assistant, which can be an advantage in the visa application process.

In addition to program duration, consider the reputation of the institutions and their respective locations. Look into the resources, facilities, and opportunities available to students in each program. It's also worth considering the cost of living in Winnipeg versus Red Deer, as this can impact your overall expenses.

Recall to provide comprehensive documentation to support your application, including proof of funds for your spouse and child. Showcasing strong ties to your home country, such as property ownership or job prospects upon your return, can also strengthen your application.

I hope this gives you a more detailed perspective. If you have any further questions or need more information, feel free to ask here. Good luck with your decision-making and the visa application process!

It will end in praise
The part in bold. Yes, I intend to try to convince the VO that even if the course is just a certificate course, it actually helps me progress in my dream career and will enable me get certified in my home country faster than when I take the course in my home country. But I'm still worried as to if my SOP will be convincing enough. So I basically just want to know if there's any case of anyone with a bsc who applied for a certificate program (not postgraduate certificate) and got their visa approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CornOak(m): 8:41am On Nov 26, 2023
Iyke6505:

Thanks you very much, we are using Abuja, please can you also help me with ABUJA IOM email address.

iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

Welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Makindezak: 8:54am On Nov 26, 2023
Hello house, please what rate am I supposed to use in calculating my proof of funds(official bank rate/aboki rate)….thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 9:26am On Nov 26, 2023
Oanda rate
Makindezak:
Hello house, please what rate am I supposed to use in calculating my proof of funds(official bank rate/aboki rate)….thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Headward: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2023
Ethanuella:
Some SOP tips that I used. They might come handy. I got my PPR in 19 days.

First, start with an intro : My name is xxxx, and I am writing in respect to my application for a Canadian study visa to pursue a xxxx at xxxx University.

Write a summary of your personal background. : State your name, spouse n kids (if any), siblings and parents. Please list their full name. You may also want to include the jobs they do.

Summarize your academic background : Please summarize every of your academic qualifications, including short courses, certifications, etc.

Summarize your professional background : Summarize every job experience listed in your cv/resume. Please list volunteering experiences too.

Write the reason for wanting to study course of choice : In this case, you might want to find a connection between your educational and professional experience, and then state it. In my case, I searched online and saw a major issue stated by the fed govt, and the issue was linked to my course of study. I stated this issue, wrote how this course will help mitigate this issue, and in turn, we would have a better Nigeria. I also copied the link to the news on punch website, and inserted it into my SOP.

Reason for studying in Canaaada : Truthfully, there was no university in Nigeria that offered the course I wanted to study, so I stated that. I made utmost research on this.

Finance : Please do a table of your funds in Naira, and then convert it to CAD. List the funds in both Naira and cad. Also list where each fund comes from. Include sponsorship, bank statement, savings, gist deed, property valuations etc

Draw a table for your expenses : Explain how you intend to spend the money (insurance, medicals, bus pass, etc)

Lump sum explanation : Explain every lump sum in details.

List every travel status : if you have ever been refused visa into any country, if you have/have had an express entry status, etc.

Conclusion : You can include your resumption date and appeal for a speedy application consideration. Also state an assurance that you will conduct yourself well, and adhere to the rules and regulations.

Underneath, do a comprehensive list of your supporting documents so that they can understand when checking. Eg

Enclosed documents

LOA
B.sc cert &transcripts
Xxxx certification
Pictures with parents and siblings
Picture at work
House doc etc.

Please be neat, use proper grammar, punctuations and paragraphs.

Proper paragraphs are very important. It makes it easy to read.

SOP shouldn’t bore the reader. 3-4 pages max. You can have less than that. (A friend’s SOP was just about 10 lines and was approved). Font size should be around 9 or 10. Please also make use of an official and professional font type.

Pray oh, pray for grace. If you are tired, you can switch to just singing praises. Remember that the walls of Jericho fell down flat when the children of God were praising the Lord.

Never underestimate the power of praises and thanksgiving.

Please, can you help me with the template,I'll do the editing please. Leave out some of your information please. I beg of you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sheikh007(m): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2023
Heritagebib:
Bt do I need a return ticket for student visa?
Is this just about Egypt airline or others do ds too?
I saw that Egypt airline is cheaper than other airlines, ds y I'm jumping at it

It’s best you avoid Egypt air.. it’s cheap yeah.. but in the long run you’d spend the same if not more than when you would have booked another.. there’s been lots of bad reviews from Egypt especially from Nigerian travelers..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GreatMikymiko: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2023
Great job you all doing here!
Please can someone help me with information on colleges that offer postgraduate diploma in Biochemistry or related courses in Canada?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adeola1097: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2023
Good morning everyone, please i’d like clarification on the tuition deposit of 2200 for mohawk college. it’s due tomorrow and i’d like to make the payment same tomorrow.
i thought i’d be able to gather my first semester fees complete that’s why i delayed till this time.
My course is in cybersecurity analytics and i hope there won’t be a problem if i pay on the due date. Thanks and i do hope i get a response 🙏🏽
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sam2305: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2023
Hello all,

Success to everyone expecting admission letter,PPR,funds to pay one fee or the other and processing updates.

Happy new week

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sam2305: 11:37am On Nov 26, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

It's great to hear about your educational and professional background in accounting and banking. As for your postgraduate certificate options in Canada, both Project Management and Data Analytics for Business Decision Making are excellent choices. The decision ultimately depends on your interests and career goals.

If you're interested in managing projects and leading teams, Project Management could be a great fit for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy working with data and using it to make informed business decisions, Data Analytics for Business Decision Making could be a valuable skillset to add to your repertoire. Consider your strengths and where you see yourself thriving in the future.

Regarding your job role involving presentations and reports, pursuing Data Analytics for Business Decision Making could definitely be convincing. It shows your dedication to enhancing your skills in data analysis and utilizing it effectively in your current and future roles.

As for the timeline to issue offer letter and tuition payment flexibility at Fleming College and Durham College, it's best to reach out to the respective colleges directly. They will have the most up-to-date information on their processes and policies. You can contact their admissions offices or visit their websites for more details.

Good luck with your application process.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much .God bless you big.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2023
GreatMikymiko:
Great job you all doing here!
Please can someone help me with information on colleges that offer postgraduate diploma in Biochemistry or related courses in Canada?

Thank you.

Sure, I can help you with that. In Canada, there are several colleges and universities that offer postgraduate diploma programs in Biochemistry or related fields. Some popular options include:

1. Seneca College
2. Centennial College
3. Humber College
4. Conestoga College
5. Fanshawe College

These colleges have programs that focus on practical training and provide a strong foundation in Biochemistry. It's always a good idea to check their websites or contact them directly for more information about specific programs and admission requirements. Good luck with your search!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 11:50am On Nov 26, 2023
shanny001:

The part in bold. Yes, I intend to try to convince the VO that even if the course is just a certificate course, it actually helps me progress in my dream career and will enable me get certified in my home country faster than when I take the course in my home country. But I'm still worried as to if my SOP will be convincing enough. So I basically just want to know if there's any case of anyone with a bsc who applied for a certificate program (not postgraduate certificate) and got their visa approved.

I totally understand your concern about your Statement of Purpose (SOP) and whether it will be convincing enough. Although, i have experienced first-hand about applicants with a BSc applying for a certificate program and got their visa approved, it's definitely possible to achieve this if you make a compelling case in your SOP.

In your SOP, focus on explaining how this certificate program aligns with your long-term career goals and how it will enhance your skills and knowledge in your desired field. Highlight the unique opportunities and resources that the Canadian institution offers, which may not be available in your home country. Emphasize how this program will contribute to your professional development and how it will ultimately benefit your career in your home country.

Remember to showcase your passion, dedication, and commitment to your field of study. Providing specific examples and experiences that demonstrate your interest and motivation can make your SOP more convincing.

While there are no guarantees in the visa application process, a well-crafted SOP that clearly articulates your goals and justifies your choice of a certificate program can positively impact your application and ultimately result in the approval of your application. Good luck, and I hope your visa application goes smoothly!

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
Is medical exam require for those applying from UK?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ultimateagent: 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good day All ....pls a Friend of mine went for biometrics on October 17 of dis year but he is yet to get a respond and he is expected to resume school by january.pls how possible is dis for him to b given visa and he is even yet to go for biometrics up till now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2023
Please I booked an appointment at IOM Abuja office and made the payment through bank transfer but till now the status of the payment is still pending what should I do? I am afraid my appointment might be cancelled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
Please guru in the house how fast do you think my application will be if I have been refused before have a valid biometrics and did a medical since July reapplied nov 3 when do you think I’ll get my PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by EyesonJC: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hi everyone,
I really want to know if someone's applications go to the same visa officer to be evaluated. For example, where you have a valid visit visa and you are now applying for a study visa or when you are reapplying because of a refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2023
Gabriel2005:
Please guru in the house how fast do you think my application will be if I have been refused before have a valid biometrics and did a medical since July reapplied nov 3 when do you think I’ll get my PPR
Are u rushing to the moon? If your resumption date is near, you can defer to later date or have patient and be hopeful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by godstino(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good evening everyone! Please my sister is looking at further studies in Canada but she only has a 3 years diploma in medical records from Nigeria. Is it possible to go for a diploma? Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2023
EyesonJC:
Hi everyone,
I really want to know if someone's applications go to the same visa officer to be evaluated. For example, where you have a valid visit visa and you are now applying for a study visa or when you are reapplying because of a refusal.

Applications either visit or study goes tru same office regardless of the type of Visa you applied for. That been said, it's not the same processing time for either visit or study but both are processed in same office as any other applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2023
godstino:
Good evening everyone! Please my sister is looking at further studies in Canada but she only has a 3 years diploma in medical records from Nigeria. Is it possible to go for a diploma? Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks alot.
Since your sister already gotten her OND, she can go for any medical course in undergraduate depending on her age. She can as well apply for certificate courses in medical field.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GreatMikymiko: 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2023
Thanks.
Frankrobbn1:

Sure, I can help you with that. In Canada, there are several colleges and universities that offer postgraduate diploma programs in Biochemistry or related fields. Some popular options include:

1. Seneca College
2. Centennial College
3. Humber College
4. Conestoga College
5. Fanshawe College

These colleges have programs that focus on practical training and provide a strong foundation in Biochemistry. It's always a good idea to check their websites or contact them directly for more information about specific programs and admission requirements. Good luck with your search!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
Iyke6505:
Please I booked an appointment at IOM Abuja office and made the payment through bank transfer but till now the status of the payment is still pending what should I do? I am afraid my appointment might be cancelled
Still send them email

iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
kc6964:
Is medical exam require for those applying from UK?
Yes Tuberculosis.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ultimateagent:
Good day All ....pls a Friend of mine went for biometrics on October 17 of dis year but he is yet to get a respond and he is expected to resume school by january.pls how possible is dis for him to b given visa and he is even yet to go for biometrics up till now.
What kind of question are u asking?
Your friend went for biometric (Oct 17)
(He's even yet to go for biometrics up till now)
You both needs rehabilitation.
I assume u mean medicals. 😏
Nevertheless he should expect a feedback for his medicals from Ircc. Let him check his email regularly if he is the main applicant. If he is using agent let him ask the agent too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2023
adeola1097:
Good morning everyone, please i’d like clarification on the tuition deposit of 2200 for mohawk college. it’s due tomorrow and i’d like to make the payment same tomorrow.
i thought i’d be able to gather my first semester fees complete that’s why i delayed till this time.
My course is in cybersecurity analytics and i hope there won’t be a problem if i pay on the due date. Thanks and i do hope i get a response 🙏🏽
You are a joker, you don't need to gather all the money once before making a deposit to secure your spot. Even if you make the deposit tomorrow there are every chance the funds will take 2-3 days to reach the university. In that case it will be a late payment which might come with a penalty. Check your school website and see the finance policy before making payment to avoid been penalised..

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Sottybabe20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.