Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,051 members, 7,825,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (417991 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (471) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
Mikkosh11:
@zubizareta
Good day everyone please I need help concerning my application and I'll need opinions on how to go about it as am thinking of applying for refund from the school..

I moved the fund I use for my POF the third day I subm,itted my application and l waited for seven weeks before I was refused a visa on Friday as a family of three for finance..

Reapplying is now the issue am facing as I don't know how to explain in my LOE reason to move the fund.... @zubizareta kindly give a professional advice on how to go about itll
As seen in the receipt their was no indication that the reason from VO was actually moved funds. It could be that your balance wasn't up to take your whole family. what documents did you submit and POF balance for the family of 3? Did you explain in your SOP how you will use this funds for your whole family, most times there is every need to elaborate in details since you are not going alone. It could be that you are not fully informed or you didn't gather enough resource here before filing your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Neche207:
Please anyone answer me
1. Sponsorship letter detailing duration of your study, school, and amount which they are releasing for funding your study
2. CAC certification of company
3. Affidavit of sponsorship from the companies Human resource or general manager certified by a law court.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BenYeshua: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
My wife is a graduate of English education but we intend for her to go to a college in Maritoba to get a diploma in Early childhood education (2years) Please what are my chances? Do I need to indicate that she has a degree already or we should just skip that part.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ok thank you 🙏
feelingmyswag:

1. Sponsorship letter detailing duration of your study, school, and amount which they are releasing for funding your study
3. Affidavit of sponsorship from the companies Human resource or general manager certified by a law court.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by EyesonJC: 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
You can add bank statements too

feelingmyswag:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
BenYeshua:
My wife is a graduate of English education but we intend for her to go to a college in Maritoba to get a diploma in Early childhood education (2years) Please what are my chances? Do I need to indicate that she has a degree already or we should just skip that part.
You need to get admission first, if you are presenting her as an O'level applicant to the school, you need to check the requirements before applying. Also Age will be a crucial role for a diploma pursuit. Regardless a detail SOP to the admission team will play a vital role as why she intend choosing this course and her career and future plans. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
EyesonJC:
You can add bank statements too

I think bank statement is not necessary for a company sponsorship. The funds need to be in the applicant bank account. That will clear the case of funds not accessible for the applicant.
Neche207
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rapujoshua: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
Good evening everyone.
Please if I want to send money to a family/friend account as support for his study. And he want to use that account as POF, other than stating and giving explanation on the transaction and money.

My question is. Do I need to give any letter, note or anything from my side, stating I send the money to him. What am I to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by spacevice(m): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
Dear all,

I have my salary account which receives monthly salary, allowances and bonuses - most active account. I also have a savings account with a different bank into which I make transfers from my salary account. Almost all my funds for POF are in this savings account - which also includes investments in Government Tbills.

Question:
1. Should I transfer this huge money from my savings account into my salary account and use that for POF? OR-
2. Should I rather print both account statements and present as POF. (Eyes on document size)

Advice needed please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

I understand that you're facing some challenges with your visa application due to insufficient funds for your fees and living expenses in Canada. It can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but let's see how we can approach this situation.

First, it's important to note that the embassy doesn't have access to the actual funds in your bank account after you've applied for a visa. They officer in charge of an immigration application, exercises his/her discretion based on the evidence on file. If there is any discrepancies, they will request for updated statement but in your case none of this happened.

Going forward, when reapplying for your visa, it's crucial to provide a clear and detailed explanation in your Letter of Explanation (LOE) about why you moved the funds after submitting your application as it will be very obvious from your updated bank statement that the money was moved. So, be honest and transparent about the reasons behind the fund transfer and provide any supporting documentation if available. Did you loan the money to a family friend or a close relative? Did you engage in any business transactions or projects? You've to provide evidence to that effect.

Additionally, you may want to consider the following steps:

1. Review the specific financial requirements of the visa application process and ensure you meet them. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your fees and living expenses without relying on work.

2. Provide strong evidence of your financial situation, such as bank statements, sponsorship letters, and any other documents that demonstrate your ability to support yourself and your family in Canada.

Furthermore, It might be better to give it another shot instead of going for a refund right away. Applying for a visa can be a bit tricky, but don't lose hope just yet!

Lastly, it's crucial to be honest, thorough, and provide all necessary documentation when reapplying. Good luck with your visa application, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

@frankrobbn
The fund used for the POF was loaned that was why it was returned as the interest on it was much....the narration used to return the loan is payment for gooda
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2023
There is no need moving the funds around, just use both account for the POF
spacevice:
Dear all,

I have my salary account which receives monthly salary, allowances and bonuses - most active account. I also have a savings account with a different bank into which I make transfers from my salary account. Almost all my funds for POF are in this savings account - which also includes investments in Government Tbills.

Question:
1. Should I transfer this huge money from my savings account into my salary account and use that for POF? OR-
2. Should I rather print both account statements and present as POF. (Eyes on document size)

Advice needed please.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
He can do a gift deed for the cash received from you
Rapujoshua:
Good evening everyone.
Please if I want to send money to a family/friend account as support for his study. And he want to use that account as POF, other than stating and giving explanation on the transaction and money.

My question is. Do I need to give any letter, note or anything from my side, stating I send the money to him. What am I to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
Neche207:
Please guys what documents do I need to prove that the company I work for are the one sponsoring me for my 2years study

To prove that the company you work for is sponsoring your 2-year study, you'll typically need the following documents:

1. Sponsorship Letter: A letter from your company stating their commitment to sponsoring your studies, including details of the financial support they will provide.

2. Board resolution letter: A letter from your company approving to authorize and empower your education in Canada without any restrictions.

3. Financial Statements: Your company's financial statements or bank statements to demonstrate their financial capacity to support your education expenses.

4. Employment Verification: A letter from your employer confirming your employment status, position, and salary. This helps establish your connection to the company.

5. Tax Documents: Copies of recent tax returns or tax documents from your company to further support their financial stability.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

I understand that you're facing some challenges with your visa application due to insufficient funds for your fees and living expenses in Canada. It can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but let's see how we can approach this situation.

First, it's important to note that the embassy doesn't have access to the actual funds in your bank account after you've applied for a visa. They officer in charge of an immigration application, exercises his/her discretion based on the evidence on file. If there is any discrepancies, they will request for updated statement but in your case none of this happened.

Going forward, when reapplying for your visa, it's crucial to provide a clear and detailed explanation in your Letter of Explanation (LOE) about why you moved the funds after submitting your application as it will be very obvious from your updated bank statement that the money was moved. So, be honest and transparent about the reasons behind the fund transfer and provide any supporting documentation if available. Did you loan the money to a family friend or a close relative? Did you engage in any business transactions or projects? You've to provide evidence to that effect.

Additionally, you may want to consider the following steps:

1. Review the specific financial requirements of the visa application process and ensure you meet them. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your fees and living expenses without relying on work.

2. Provide strong evidence of your financial situation, such as bank statements, sponsorship letters, and any other documents that demonstrate your ability to support yourself and your family in Canada.

Furthermore, It might be better to give it another shot instead of going for a refund right away. Applying for a visa can be a bit tricky, but don't lose hope just yet!

Lastly, it's crucial to be honest, thorough, and provide all necessary documentation when reapplying. Good luck with your visa application, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

But I remove the pof money and pay back the loan company.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
He said how much was the balance in your account for the family of 3

Mikkosh11:

But I remove the pof money and pay back the loan company.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Oh ok thanks soo much
MatrixReloaded:

I think bank statement is not necessary for a company sponsorship. The funds need to be in the applicant bank account. That will clear the case of funds not accessible for the applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ohk I understand better now 🙏
Frankrobbn1:

To prove that the company you work for is sponsoring your 2-year study, you'll typically need the following documents:

1. Sponsorship Letter: A letter from your company stating their commitment to sponsoring your studies, including details of the financial support they will provide.

2. Board resolution letter: A letter from your company approving to authorize and empower your education in Canada without any restrictions.

3. Financial Statements: Your company's financial statements or bank statements to demonstrate their financial capacity to support your education expenses.

4. Employment Verification: A letter from your employer confirming your employment status, position, and salary. This helps establish your connection to the company.

5. Tax Documents: Copies of recent tax returns or tax documents from your company to further support their financial stability.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Naomijoddy: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kamsi99:
Please anyone here knows any universities in canada for BSc in pharmacy? From my research I can only see PhD in pharmacy in most universities but not Bsc.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW ANY

You may check university of Manitoba or university of Saskatchewan. Please note that You cannot begin this program directly from high school. You must have had a diploma/ degree to get admitted.
✌️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
Please I need help on how to write sound SOP.
I'm single and has no landed properties or business of my own. The only thing I have is my current job and with it I have been able to save around 8m to cover for living expenses. I however intend to apply for mpower loan to cover for tuition cost

How do I present my situation to a VO. I want to do the process myself without using an agent. I'm sure it's doable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sakieja(f): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
Please someone should please respond to my question.May God bless you abundantly

quote author=sakieja post=127193620]Good afternoon house.please I need your assistance.my brother want to apply for diploma in agronomy in University of Saskatchewan.but when I read their admission requirements.ielts is among of requirements.please is it compulsory to include it because he didn't sat for it?how can we apply without it[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
seawealth:
Please I need help on how to write sound SOP.
I'm single and has no landed properties or business of my own. The only thing I have is my current job and with it I have been able to save around 8m to cover for living expenses. I however intend to apply for mpower loan to cover for tuition cost

How do I present my situation to a VO. I want to do the process myself without using an agent. I'm sure it's doable

Writing a strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) is definitely doable, and I'm here to give you some ideas! When presenting your situation to a visa officer, it's important to be honest, clear, and concise. Here are some tips to help you write a sound SOP:

1. Start with an engaging introduction: Grab the reader's attention by sharing your passion for your chosen field of study and your motivation for pursuing higher education.

2. Explain your academic background: Describe your educational qualifications, including your degree and any relevant coursework or research projects.

3. Highlight your work experience: Emphasize the skills and knowledge you've gained through your current job. Discuss your responsibilities, achievements, and how they relate to your chosen field of study.

4. Discuss your financial situation: Be transparent about your financial circumstances, including your savings and your intention to apply for an mpower loan to cover the tuition costs. Explain how you plan to manage your living expenses during your studies.

5. Demonstrate your commitment: Show the visa officer that you have a clear plan for your studies and how it aligns with your long-term goals. Discuss how the program you're applying to will contribute to your personal and professional development.

6. Address any study gap: If applicable, briefly explain your gap years since your graduation from the University . Focus on the strengths you bring to the table, such as your job stability and financial preparedness.

7. Proofread and edit: Ensure your SOP is well-written, error-free, and follows the guidelines provided by the immigration authorities.

Additionally, it's always a good idea to review sample SOPs and seek feedback from trusted friends or mentors who have experience in the application process. Good luck with your SOP, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ahaisibwe:
Praise God guys !! God did it after all this waiting God was faithful in the end as always

Was denied an F-1 USA visa in 2019
I’m a first time applicant

Course :bachelor in nursing
School :Lakehead university,Thunder bay ,Ontario

Application submitted: 28th June
Biometrics done: 3rd July
Medical passed: 9th august
Eligibility started :24th august
Passport request:20th November
Submitted passport:20th November
Collected passport:27th November

God is great and faithful

Congratulations! This is so cool.
I couldn't help but notice your passport submission and date of collection was just a week. How did you speed up the process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 12:02am On Nov 28, 2023
sakieja:
Please someone should please respond to my question.May God bless you abundantly

quote author=sakieja post=127193620]Good afternoon house.please I need your assistance.my brother want to apply for diploma in agronomy in University of Saskatchewan.but when I read their admission requirements.ielts is among of requirements.please is it compulsory to include it because he didn't sat for it?how can we apply without it

To clarify, for the diploma in agronomy program at the University of Saskatchewan, the IELTS is not a requirement for international applicants, including those from Nigeria. Instead, the university accepts the TOEFL iBT as an alternative language proficiency test.

Your brother can take the TOEFL iBT to fulfill the language proficiency requirement for his application. I would recommend him to review the specific requirements on the university's website and reach out to their admissions office for any further clarification.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by EyesonJC: 12:43am On Nov 28, 2023
I understand that but presenting the company's account statement as well as the applicant's own can be very helpful.

This is from my experience. I did an application for a woman in July. I added her husband's account statement, the company's account statement plus the other documents you mentioned - letter and affidavit of sponsorship, CAC documents. I did not add her account because she did not have money in her own account.

In fact, there was more money in the company's account and she got a medical exam request in 11 days and subsequently her approval.

MatrixReloaded:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2023
Good day my fellow Niaralanders
THE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS DONE IT FOR ME AND I GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORIES AND APPRECIATIONS!!!!
I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR GOD INTERVENTION AND MAKING EVERYTHING ENDED IN PRAISES!!!

Timelines

Upfront Medical 18 September
Submitted 13th October
Medical Pass 19th October
Biometric 26th October
PPR 27 November
Total 45 days.

I DID IT MYSELF, NO AGENT AND THIS IS MY FIRST APPLICATION

Self Sponsored
Ontario
1 year program
Fall 2024 Intake

I have attached documents I submitted.

I want to also say a big thank you to @Larryjam, this guy ensure I didn’t fill rubbish during the application process.
And another thank you to @Zubizareta, he worked on my SOP, Omo, I won’t lie oo, the moment he pointed out the obvious truth on my SOP, I went to work and I won’t lie, it took me 2 to 4 days to be able to add those important information that were missing. And also, with another reviews that made me to say I’m now done with SOP.
I say a combined thanks to you guys @Larryjam and @Zubizareta for the support. Keep up the good work.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by EyesonJC: 1:03am On Nov 28, 2023
Congratulations🎉🎊💃

Augrere2022:
THE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS DONE IT FOR ME AND I GIVE HIK ALL THE GLORIES AND APPRECIATIONS!!!!
I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR GOD INTERVENTION AND NAKING EVERY ENDED IN PRAISES!!!
Also,

Timelines

Submitted 13th October
Biometric 26th October
PPR 27 November
Total 45 days.

Self Sponsored
Ontario
1 year program
Fall 2024 Intake

I want to also, a big thank you to @Larryjam, this guy ensure I didn’t fill rubbish during the application process.
And another thank you to @Zubizareta, he worked on my SOP, Omo, I won’t lie oo, the moment he pointed out the obvious truth on my SOP, I went to work and I won’t like, it took me 2 to 4 days to be able to add those important information that were missing. And also, with another reviews that made me to say I’m now done with SOP.
I say a combined thanks to you guys @Larryjam and @Zubizareta for the support. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jscoder: 1:35am On Nov 28, 2023
Damilare5882:
Hello , how long did it take you to receive the GCMS note after application
28 days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jscoder: 1:40am On Nov 28, 2023
Augrere2022:
THE ALMIGHTY GOD HAS DONE IT FOR ME AND I GIVE HIK ALL THE GLORIES AND APPRECIATIONS!!!!
Also,

Timelines

Submitted 13th October
Biometric 26th October
PPR 27 November
Total 45 days.

Self Sponsored
Ontario
1 year program
Fall 2024 Intake

I want to also, a big thank you to @Larryjam, this guy ensure I didn’t fill rubbish during the application process.
And another thank you to @Zubizareta, he worked on my SOP, Omo, I won’t lie oo, the moment he pointed out the obvious truth on my SOP, I went to work and I won’t like, it took me 2 to 4 days to be able to add those important information that were missing. And also, with another reviews that made me to say I’m now done with SOP.

Congrats!!

please how do I contract @Zubizareta? I sent him a message. he hasn't replied. I need his help in writing SOP after initial refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scott99tish(m): 3:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lordfredrick: 3:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Congratulations to you sir.

Augrere2022:
Also,

Timelines

Submitted 13th October
Biometric 26th October
PPR 27 November
Total 45 days.

Self Sponsored
Ontario
1 year program
Fall 2024 Intake

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kimzy4u: 4:05am On Nov 28, 2023
Congratulations
How much was your total proof of funds

Augrere2022:
Also,

Timelines

Submitted 13th October
Biometric 26th October
PPR 27 November
Total 45 days.

Self Sponsored
Ontario
1 year program
Fall 2024 Intake

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 5:34am On Nov 28, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Writing a strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) is definitely doable, and I'm here to give you some ideas! When presenting your situation to a visa officer, it's important to be honest, clear, and concise. Here are some tips to help you write a sound SOP:

1. Start with an engaging introduction: Grab the reader's attention by sharing your passion for your chosen field of study and your motivation for pursuing higher education.

2. Explain your academic background: Describe your educational qualifications, including your degree and any relevant coursework or research projects.

3. Highlight your work experience: Emphasize the skills and knowledge you've gained through your current job. Discuss your responsibilities, achievements, and how they relate to your chosen field of study.

4. Discuss your financial situation: Be transparent about your financial circumstances, including your savings and your intention to apply for an mpower loan to cover the tuition costs. Explain how you plan to manage your living expenses during your studies.

5. Demonstrate your commitment: Show the visa officer that you have a clear plan for your studies and how it aligns with your long-term goals. Discuss how the program you're applying to will contribute to your personal and professional development.

6. Address any study gap: If applicable, briefly explain your gap years since your graduation from the University . Focus on the strengths you bring to the table, such as your job stability and financial preparedness.

7. Proofread and edit: Ensure your SOP is well-written, error-free, and follows the guidelines provided by the immigration authorities.

Additionally, it's always a good idea to review sample SOPs and seek feedback from trusted friends or mentors who have experience in the application process. Good luck with your SOP, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! 😊

It will end in praise

Thanks for the guide.

Please I also have some side hustles I do but the business is not registered, so is it advisable to mention such in my CV and SOP as well. I have pictures of some finished projects to show

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (471) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: GENUINEFILMS, creolehunt, u3fine(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.