Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (406892 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iffylove: 2:11am On Dec 28, 2023
Hello everyone,
If the child of an applicant is sending a passport for stamping on behalf of the parent to vfs Lagos in a city different from the residence of the parent. Does the process of sending through dhl differ? Will the child provide any document along the submission?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 5:26am On Dec 28, 2023
Did you get a response?
I'm also confused if its two years or 1 year tuition needed.
Stardor:
Tuition for one year or 2 years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 6:11am On Dec 28, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gratitudee: 7:30am On Dec 28, 2023
Good morning boss, I just received a message from IRCC to go for my biometrics whereas I submitted the application for my spouse and I. Should I wait for them to send my spouse another message or will my own cover up since im the primary applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kad199: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2023
austino677:
you mean to book medical? I don't understand processing time..
I met if I decide not to do d medical now, would there be consequence. And also after biometrics what is d next stage? Am I too just wait for their response?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2023
Gratitudee:
Good morning boss, I just received a message from IRCC to go for my biometrics whereas I submitted the application for my spouse and I. Should I wait for them to send my spouse another message or will my own cover up since im the primary applicant.
If you submitted same time with your spouse be informed that both application are treated on there own merit. So I would advise going for your biometric except on scene your place of abode is far then you can exercise patient for her own biometric to drop. Goodluck to you both.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lady25(f): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2023
mfonox:

1. Yes u have to go to the bank for reference letter
2. You can either request for MyBankStatement. That one is sent to the embassy. But they’ll provide you with a slip. That slip has a passcode. You’ll upload that slip in ur application. With that code, the visa officer will be able to view ur
Thank you soooooo much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2023
kad199:
I met if I decide not to do d medical now, would there be consequence. And also after biometrics what is d next stage? Am I too just wait for their response?
no consequence... Yes wait for their response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kad199: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2023
austino677:
no consequence... Yes wait for their response
okay thank you very much, may God bless u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 8:53am On Dec 28, 2023
Gratitudee:
You can wait a while (24-48 hours) for your spouse request to drop.
Biometrics should be given within 30days. But your application wont be actively processed until they receive the biometrics.
If you live close to a biometric centre and spouse’s request is being delayed. Then you can proceed for yours.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Deeegbee: 8:54am On Dec 28, 2023
Deeegbee:
I’m offering short term accommodation (few days to some weeks) to any student landing in Calgary, Alberta. The home is located at the City Centre with only 12 mins drive to both the University of Calgary and Bow Valley College in Downtown Calgary. Just 14 mins drive to ABM College in NE Calgary, 15 mins drive to SAIT and 8 mins drive to Mount Royal University. I can also offer to pick you up from the Airport for free. You can shoot me a mail at dee.egbee@gmail.com for bookings.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gratitudee: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

If you submitted same time with your spouse be informed that both application are treated on there own merit. So I would advise going for your biometric except on scene your place of abode is far then you can exercise patient for her own biometric to drop. Goodluck to you both.

Thank you so much, we live far away from cities where biometrics are done. I'll just have to wait them. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AMOSKENEX(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2023
Teefab:

There is a telegram grp for UCW students, let me know if you will like to be added

please what is the telegram group link. I would love to join
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lijay92: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2023
Good day Boss. I submitted my Visa application on November 2023. My school will resume January 8, 2024. Please what should I do. I'm confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Stardor: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2023
No I didn't
Abigbo:
Did you get a response?
I'm also confused if its two years or 1 year tuition needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 9:53am On Dec 28, 2023
Lijay92:
Good day Boss. I submitted my Visa application on November 2023. My school will resume January 8, 2024. Please what should I do. I'm confused
It's always rang as a bell to avoid been in a rush or pressure that been said, it's always advisable to apply for school resumption at least 6 months before resumption date. For instance, you can apply for Jan 2025 from now so as to have enough time to apply for a study permit. This Countries expect you to be time conscious about your application. Nov is not up to 9 weeks as stated on Ircc website. First week of Jan will be 9 weeks if you applied earlier Nov.
Unless listed defer you admission to avoid loosing your deposit to the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2023
Stardor:
No I didn't
The whole tution fees for your entire 2years duration in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2023
How do I apply to fanshawe since I can’t apply directly as Nigerian. I email the address but not receiving any reply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2023
Necksonnel:
How do I apply to fanshawe since I can’t apply directly as Nigerian. I email the address but not receiving any reply
Check other colleges ... there are multiple colleges in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2023
Stardor:
No I didn't

You will put cost of 1 year tuition plus the new 20,000 CAD plus others . But, since course is 2 years, you have to show how you will pay subsequent year fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 11:15am On Dec 28, 2023
Help! Help a sister.
Please I need your candid advice, I work with one of the security agencies, graduated 2012, Bsc in psychology. The organization is not approving study leave, and I want to transition to project management. I have diploma in project management and also currently doing internship with a private organisation part-time.
My questions
1.With online diploma and internship, is it enough to convince VO?
2. Since the program is 1 yr is it advice able to do ielts and Wes in Nigeria before going?
3. Is it advisable to take a yr project?
Please help me, am also open for assistance outside this forum,thank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2023
Necksonnel:
This holiday period might cause some response delays. You can try other schools as someone else mentioned. But if Fanshawe is your best option, you can reach out to me if you please for a way out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2023
Timeofgod:
Help! Help a sister.
Please I need your candid advice, I work with one of the security agencies, graduated 2012, Bsc in psychology. The organization is not approving study leave, and I want to transition to project management. I have diploma in project management and also currently doing internship with a private organisation part-time.
My questions
2. Since the program is 1 yr is it advice able to do ielts and Wes in Nigeria before going?

Hi,
Career or academic progression are key considerations that the VO take into cognizance.
Your diploma and experience shows you are already invested in project management and can be looked at as a positive.

You dont need to do Ielts before going. WES is not needed unless the school asks for it.

Nothing wrong with a 1yr program. Most people actually go for it because it is cheaper to show POF while applying for Visa or their course options has only 1yr programs. Most Project management (post graduate ) programs in Canada are 1yr except a few schools that have 2 years option. ( That being said, most people also go for a second 1 yr course after the 1st year in Canada in other to be eligible for 3yrs PGWP. It is called a 1 + 1 =2 strategy).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 11:47am On Dec 28, 2023
kweje:

Hi,
Career or academic progression are key considerations that the VO take into cognizance.
Your diploma and experience shows you are already invested in project management and can be looked at as a positive.

You dont need to do Ielts before going. WES is not needed unless the school asks for it.

Nothing wrong with a 1yr program. Most people actually go for it because it is cheaper to show POF while applying for Visa or their course options has only 1yr programs. Most Project management (post graduate ) programs in Canada are 1yr except a few schools that have 2 years option. ( That being said, most people also go for a second 1 yr course after the 1st year in Canada in other to be eligible for 3yrs PGWP. It is called a 1 + 1 =2 strategy).
kweje:

This holiday period might cause some response delays. You can try other schools as someone else mentioned. But if Fanshawe is your best option, you can reach out to me if you please for a way out.
. Thanks so much for this prompt respond, please will vo request a letter from organization should I include that I worked there for yrs? Or should I skip that I work as former security personnel? Or do I need to resigned my job to show that I was there but intent to transition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

You will put cost of 1 year tuition plus the new 20,000 CAD plus others . But, since course is 2 years, you have to show how you will pay subsequent year fees.
Stardor

That above narrative is not true. 2yrs Tution fees amount is what you should put where indicated on the ime form, if you submit say today your pof remains 10kcdn.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2023
Timeofgod:
Help! Help a sister.
My questions
First this thread should be your end of the tunnel. All you need is right here, just depends on your own profile. So as different faces and profiles but you will likely get 55% chances from here and the good thing is you did it yourself.
Secondly you cannot transition from psychology to project management, there is no correlation between career advancement. That been said, you can either opt for pgd in computer science. Having an online diploma in project management doesn't give you the full course modules as a full time course. It is like a part time career.
You can First straighten out your qualification and choose a new career path.
After succefully gaining admission then you can come here for SOP modification. All the best in your endeavours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
Timeofgod:
kweje
:

There is no way out, you don't work with fanshawe nor are you a rep? He did sent a mail and yet to get feedback. Why are you disturbed?
Justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
mfonox:

Thank you. Kindly assist me with the link to raise a web form. My resumption is in January

https :// secure. cic. gc. ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng . aspx ?mission=lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good day all, I need to pay for application form for Newfoundland and Manitoba University, so want know the procedure. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

That above narrative is not true. 2yrs Tution fees amount is what you should put where indicated on the ime form, if you submit say today your pof remains 10kcdn.
Put one 1 and show where subsequent payment will come from.
I just got a 4 years undergraduate visa approved for my second child. That is what I did in both. Cases my be different though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Queengel: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Congratulations to you and your family please can you direct me on how to apply for visiting visa please I really need this help here is my email if you can forward it there nkirucynthia@gmail.com

subzheero:
MY TESTIMONY

My family of 4 landed in Canada 10th December so I am writing from Canada. The journey started 2022 August/September when I got admission for Spring 2023 .We have enough funds to give an agent to help us handle it .However, I can handle it myself but I just wanted to focus on other things.

My spouse and I contacted @Frankrobnn1,this guy messed up our application ,after payment of 600,000(agency fee) for family of 4 ,I was calling to beg him to even submit my application. I could remember December 2022 had to send him 30,000 for Christmas so that more attention could be given to my application. if you see the way this guy handled the application coupled with the SOP he wrote to support it, newcomers to Canada Visa processing application will not write the type of SOP @Frankrobnn1 wrote to support my application.

After visa refusals, I had to cancel my admission with the school and request for tuition refund ,now process another admission to another school for Jan 2024 intake which brought me and my family to Canada now.

I had to handle this application myself ,when I compared my packaging with what your so called guru did for me, I now realized that agent is a scam ,waste of time and funds ,they are out to collect your funds ,they are not after your success ,Even after refusal he was expecting me to pay him another 600,000.

Please for God's sake, the government website is cic.gc.ca for those that doesn't know. everything is there .Try and read up and get all the information needed on the government website. You can handle your application yourself...PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR FUNDS WITH AGENTS add it to your POF. Expenses Dey here oooo you need lots of money. I am always available for questions and clarifications and so many others are here willing to help you. MAY GOD HELP US ALL. Happy Xmas and New Year in Advance.

My terrible experience with @frankrobnn1

See you all in Canada.

Ire oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
subzheero:
MY TESTIMONY

My family of 4 landed in Canada 10th December so I am writing from Canada. The journey started 2022 August/September when I got admission for Spring 2023 .We have enough funds to give an agent to help us handle it .However, I can handle it myself but I just wanted to focus on other things.

My spouse and I contacted @Frankrobnn1,this guy messed up our application ,after payment of 600,000(agency fee) for family of 4 ,I was calling to beg him to even submit my application. I could remember December 2022 had to send him 30,000 for Christmas so that more attention could be given to my application. if you see the way this guy handled the application coupled with the SOP he wrote to support it, newcomers to Canada Visa processing application will not write the type of SOP @Frankrobnn1 wrote to support my application.

After visa refusals, I had to cancel my admission with the school and request for tuition refund ,now process another admission to another school for Jan 2024 intake which brought me and my family to Canada now.

I had to handle this application myself ,when I compared my packaging with what your so called guru did for me, I now realized that agent is a scam ,waste of time and funds ,they are out to collect your funds ,they are not after your success ,Even after refusal he was expecting me to pay him another 600,000.

Please for God's sake, the government website is cic.gc.ca for those that doesn't know. everything is there .Try and read up and get all the information needed on the government website. You can handle your application yourself...PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR FUNDS WITH AGENTS add it to your POF. Expenses Dey here oooo you need lots of money. I am always available for questions and clarifications and so many others are here willing to help you. MAY GOD HELP US ALL. Happy Xmas and New Year in Advance.

My terrible experience with @frankrobnn1

See you all in Canada.

Ire oooo

Compliment of the season to everyone,

I want to take a moment to address some recent comments made about me. I understand that criticism is a part of doing business, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Firstly @subzheero, upon initial contact with our firm, you were informed that should your visa be refused, we do charge for reapplication, but we offer a discounted rate of 50%. This was clearly highlighted in the retainer agreement form before you had retained us to work on your application. The communication and how the entire process works, was made known to you right from the start.

Regarding the claim that we wrote a shabby Statement of Purpose (SOP) resulting in a rejection, I take this feedback seriously. We have a team of experienced professionals who work diligently to create strong and compelling SOPs tailored to each individual's unique background and aspirations. While we strive for excellence, we understand that not every application will have a positive outcome. However, our track record of approvals far outweighs our rejections. It's important to remember that the decision ultimately lies with the immigration authorities, and there are various factors they consider not just the sop.

The feedback presented here implying that your application was refused due to being poorly presented and prepared by me is not correct. The sop was also shared with you prior to submission as it required your approval. The application package was approved for submission by you, as there were no concerns at that point. It was only after receiving a negative outcome that you expressed concerns, which are here in this online feedback.

I also want to emphasize that even the best law firms in Canada receive negative reviews. It's impossible to please everyone, but I am committed to learning from feedback and continuously improving in my services.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors

It will end in praise

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.