Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,336 members, 7,836,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (429935 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 11:01pm On Jan 09
enemerci:

November 10th. No decision yet.
I just sent a web form today with the new letter of acceptance.
Don't even know what to do again
Medical was passed since 20th December.

PPR come forth! !!!!!
It is well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tolue42(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09
zubizareta:

Whether a licensed immigration consultant or not, anyone can make an oversight error. So don't hesitate to write down the detailed explanation of your past refusals and send to them. Then they can appropriately use the information.

Good evening my brother, about this POF, aside building account since November, when is the better time to put that actually tuition and living expenses in the account?
For example UK always advocate for 28 days,I.e the money is expected to be in the account.

But Canada do ask for at least 4 months statement, when can someone deposit that money in the account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ImaIma1(f): 11:58pm On Jan 09
ollyontheboard:

LOOL, i don't know oh, I also applied to George brown college and seneca but Mohawk gave me admission. I'm still waiting for visa approval, but in the meantime i just wanted to find other people going to the college and connect with them

Hello, please I'll like to ask some things about Mohawk?

What are the specific requirements for Nigerian applicants?

Do they require Secondary school marked sheets?

I studied English for my B.A. though my work experience is in HR ,and I am applying for Global Business Mgt. Would that be an issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 12:54am On Jan 10
enemerci:

PPR come forth! !!!!!
My own is since nov 3 already done medicals and biometrics before hand still waiting

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 1:37am On Jan 10
Cleversheva9:
Elders please I need an advise for my wife:
The issue is that my wife's dad forced her to read Computer Science against her wish. She was so scared of him and couldn't challenge him because he threatened not to pay her fees if not for that course.

So, she had to accept it because he was responsible for the fees.

She struggled and struggled with that course and came out with a Third Class.

She actually wanted Public Health or any Health related course.

So, if she sees any opportunity to study Public Health or any Health related course, she'll be really happy.

Can she apply for a health related program in Canada and not get rejected, considering the fact that there's no record of career progression.
Please advise. quote author=Clikkz post=127683326]Hi Everyone, I’ll make this short as possible. I think this wouldn’t just help me alone.
I’ve been scrolling for a while and I’m kind of confused.
I want to do a one year diploma and when I’m done get a job and get a permanent stay if possible. So I need help and advices.
1. Do you think I should go for a one year diploma considering it’s too short till I get a job?
2. Can you suggest or recommend schools for that?
3. The whole application process from scratch is very hard to understand for a beginner can you help with a summary or guide?

Thank You.

Hi

Public Health is only available at Masters/PHD level in Canada, and an applicant need to have a minimum of 2.1 (with good GPA in their last two years in the University) and relevant degree e.g. Microbiology, Biochemistry, Food Science etc. Interestingly, someone who studied Computer science can still be able to study Public Health at MSC/PHD level cos Public Health has Computer Science oreiented research areas like : Health Informatics, Epidemiological modelling, Bioinformatics, Health Data Analytics, Digital Health Intervention etc. (NO KNOWLEDGE IS LOST). Due to her grade, she won't be able to do a Masters.

First Option she can consider
For Academic and Career Progression, with her Computer Science background, If she has some work experience that has to do with the Health sector and/or she can use Excel for Data Analytics or she knows how to use the likes of R, Python etc. for data analytics , she can go for a Post Graduate Certificate Program in HEALTH ANALYTICS. It has some connection with Public health/Epidemiology. There is a school in Ontario called CAMBRIAN COLLEGE, they have that program. She can explore it and look at the courses done in that program and see if it's something she can go for.

Second option she can consider, if she has work experience in the health sector (career progression), the programs below can/might suffice:

PG. Cert in Health Related programs

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/612#104848779

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/356#103678541

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

AWAIT MORE RESPONSE FROM THE HOUSE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by odii: 5:34am On Jan 10
MatrixReloaded:

You cant pay with naira debit card. Chipper cash as i read works but most times they glitch. Give it a try or fund a friends dom account and get them pay for u..
Thank you bruv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 7:56am On Jan 10
Gabriel2005:

My own is since nov 3 already done medicals and biometrics before hand still waiting

That means you did both upfront biometrics and upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 10:11am On Jan 10
adinnu4:

That means you did both upfront biometrics and upfront medical
I was denied July last year so biometrics was still valid and I did upfront medicals so I even thought my application will be sped up as I was applying the second time this week is making it the 10th week of application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmyrez(m): 10:28am On Jan 10
My OND I studied Science Laboratory Technology and HND Microbiology. I want to apply for Canada admission.

If I go for Clinical Research Program, after the course can I switch to Nursing course.

I go for Pre-Health science pathway to certificate and diplomas Program, after the course can I switch to Nursing course.

Please assist me if you got any answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 10:54am On Jan 10
Gabriel2005:

I was denied July last year so biometrics was still valid and I did upfront medicals so I even thought my application will be sped up as I was applying the second time this week is making it the 10th week of application

Okay. I understand it now. Don't worry bro, you will get your ppr this week by God's grace. Even today is possible.🙏

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by HealthCoach1: 11:10am On Jan 10
Hello, please I have a question

I once applied for a student visa but i was denied. I did biometric in which my passport was carrying my maiden name then. I want to update my passport to my new surname, please will it affect me as I intend applying for the visa again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by realpearl(f): 11:27am On Jan 10
Hello gurus in the house. Can someone please explain what this refusal means and how I can handle the reapplication Ejoor

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Imoegwu84: 11:36am On Jan 10
enemerci:

PPR come forth! !!!!!

I also submitted mine the same 10th November and it's my second application after my earlier refusal but I have not heard anything. I just want them to give me a decision whether favourable or otherwise so that I will use it to either travel or claim my 5k deposit. I can't afford to lose it as I am already being discouraged giving the recent information I have heard about Canada PR difficulty.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Imoegwu84: 11:38am On Jan 10
realpearl:
Hello gurus in the house. Can someone please explain what this refusal means and how I can handle the reapplication Ejoor

There are so many things fundamentally wrong with your application. I would suggest you seek advice from professionals on how to handle it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 11:49am On Jan 10
realpearl:
Like someone mentioned, there appears to be some major faults with your application.
For the sake of better clarity, request for the GCMS notes. This will pin point or give a better clarity in understanding the challenges with your application. I strongly advise you not to apply again till you get the GCMS notes. Share the notes here and you can get advised on how best to address the issues.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 11:52am On Jan 10
Imoegwu84:

I also submitted mine the same 10th November and it's my second application after my earlier refusal but I have not heard anything. I just want them to give me a decision whether favourable or otherwise so that I will use it to either travel or claim my 5k deposit. I can't afford to lose it as I am already being discouraged giving the recent information I have heard about Canada PR difficulty.
Oga , don’t be discouraged.
Just trust that God has got your back but you need to be in His will by being where He wants you to be.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:45pm On Jan 10
From the correspondence letter
1. Your application lacks home ties; the things that will compel you to return after your temporary stay
2. Your application did not clearly state your intention to study in Canada.
3. Your employment details
4. There might be things you miss out you can order your GCMS note or share the details of the application you submitted that led to this.
realpearl:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:49pm On Jan 10
Why use my MBS, the format might be different, so I will advise you to print and submit it yourself.
shinaxurdick:
Good evening everyone,

Pls is it possible for visa officer to know if lien or pnd is on the account using mybankstatement because wen I printed the statement it was not showing it only show normal bank account details. But am planning to use mybankstatement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by isiaka: 12:51pm On Jan 10
Gabriel2005:
Please is there anyone who applied late October or early November and hasn’t gotten he’s pope for study permit

I applied Nov 12, 2023
Upfront med. Aug. 2023
my biomentric was Nov. 21, 2023.

I'm expecting good news

All will end with praise.
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 1:06pm On Jan 10
It's like visa officer just pack November 10th applications for one side. Mine too was November 10th, no decision yet as well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 1:06pm On Jan 10
adinnu4:

Okay. I understand it now. Don't worry bro, you will get your ppr this week by God's grace. Even today is possible.🙏
Amen oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 1:08pm On Jan 10
isiaka:

I applied Nov 12, 2023
Upfront med. Aug. 2023
my biomentric was Nov. 21, 2023.

I'm expecting good news

All will end with praise.
Amen
Yes ooo I think say no only meee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 1:26pm On Jan 10
Mine and yours are same thing. My medical passed 19th December, no decision yet.
enemerci:

PPR come forth! !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by realpearl(f): 1:28pm On Jan 10
Imoegwu84:

There are so many things fundamentally wrong with your application. I would suggest you seek advice from professionals on how to handle it.

Please can you help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by realpearl(f): 1:29pm On Jan 10
danowena:

Like someone mentioned, there appears to be some major faults with your application.
For the sake of better clarity, request for the GCMS notes. This will pin point or give a better clarity in understanding the challenges with your application. I strongly advise you not to apply again till you get the GCMS notes. Share the notes here and you can get advised on how best to address the issues.

Ok. I’m on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dray1212: 1:41pm On Jan 10
airprince:
Who else got admission to Algonquin College? I’m resting January let’s vibe and see if we’d get an apartment together?
Gee... I got admission for May intake.
Are you in CA already? Send me a message l let's talk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dray1212: 1:46pm On Jan 10
Chisom2023:

I am going to Algonquin college this September
Hi chisom. are you in Ottawa already?.. Would love to chat with you. Can i have your WhatsApp number or Facebook handle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10
Vikkyexman:
Mine and yours are same thing. My medical passed 19th December, no decision yet.

We are many. We need to form one group and @enemerci will be our admin. 😂
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by voicephone: 3:28pm On Jan 10
Good day..please,is there any aspiring University of calgary student here.please i need to know when is the deadline for application for fall session 2024..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 3:31pm On Jan 10
Hello.....please I need help and guidance at this point......my decision came in today....and it came in as refusal...

But my decision came without medicals...

Please anyone can hold my hand and guide......

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10
Themillionman:
Hello.....please I need help and guidance at this point......my decision came in today....and it came in as refusal...

Very sorry about this. Please when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 4:01pm On Jan 10
Themillionman:

Sorry about this. It could be very disheartening after a long wait.
As with the initial mail sent, the reasons are just overviews and as such it is best you request the GCMS notes so we are very clear on the exact reasons . Nevertheless , we can have an idea if you share the list of documents that was submitted. Are you married with kids? Are your parents still alive? Do u have landed properties, houses or businesses? How Ony have you been working?

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (476) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: TradeSunMoore, Justimi, Putin007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.