Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? (23767 Views)

I Don't Want To Bear My Husband's Surname / I Will Not Bear My Husband’s Name-What are the Consequences? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by antontech(m): 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Don't try this, the wahala is too much. It will be difficult for him to invite you to abroad. To even claim things go hard. I know how difficult it was to get my parents passport. Again don't try it

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Vinnie2000(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
talented321:
Ayebe

Lolss,

So you be Ijaw Guy?😮

That ur Nairaland Babe, IconicR aka Iyaebe is also an Ijaw lady o. 🤨
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Princeton92(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
I wanna do the same for my kids too

Tayorshd87:
From a friend though
Am the last born in my family and there are too many ups and downs and wahala in my family because it was a polygamous home and my father was one of the man I mistakenly ever met on earth and unlucky for me he is my father 😭😢
So how I wish I should start my life with my own fresh lineage from my wife and children. Like I don't want to be part of the father tree again.

I gave birth 3days ago and I don't want my son to bear my surname 🤔 I want my own name to be his surname so my father lineage will be cut off
☹️

Please is there any future implications in this decision?
Or rather something bad behind this decision??

Thanks 😌
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Livingshadow: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hmmm if you really must cut your ties with your father's lineage then start by deleting yourself because you are part of his lineage. You forget that a tree, big or small, always have root.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by talented321: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2023
Some guys too mumu for here'' lol'' babe ke'' u be delta izon?[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=124673249]

Lolss,

So you be Ijaw Guy?
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by lomprico(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

Am the last born in my family and there are too many ups and downs and wahala in my family because it was a polygamous home and my father was one of the man I mistakenly ever met on earth and unlucky for me he is my father 😭😢
So how I wish I should start my life with my own fresh lineage from my wife and children. Like I don't want to be part of the father tree again.

I gave birth 3days ago and I don't want my son to bear my surname 🤔 I want my own name to be his surname so my father lineage will be cut off
☹️

Thanks 😌

None at all. Go ahead and do as you wish.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by tojahh(m): 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
My daughter uses my name. Funny enough my name is an English name as I don't have a native name.

My father will always laugh when my daughter introduces herself.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by linearity: 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌

You did not mistakenly met your father, good or bad there is a purpose for him to be your father.

Unfortunately, we erroneously believe that in life all our experiences, relationships and happenings must be positive, that is not God’s will and that is not the reality in life.

If everyone in the society is rich, no one will want to be a gateman for you, life would be boring as there would be no meaning and purpose to life.

If all our relationships in life are positive, we would be able to appreciate God and our efforts because we would not know the difference between negative and positive to realize how far we have come around.

Appreciate your father for the things his attitude has instill in you, the direction they have given you, the man they have made you, the challenges they have made you to pass through in other to refine you to be a better man.

Now you have made something of yourself inspite of the negativity from your father, never run away from that reality, let that knowledge forever continue to instill in you the will power not to be your father when you look directly into the mirror.

Changing names means nothing, yes you can give your child any surname of your choosing, but diamonds are found in rough, while not be determine to be the one to turn the negativity in that name to positive. It is far easy to cut and run, but difficult to take a stand and be the very change that you desire.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Nyanabo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
It's totally fine. My father ditched his fathers MINTO name while filling our birth certificates. Rather he gave us his name as our surname. The only difference is that the extended family bear MINTO while ours is different. Nobody coughed.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Elizmife: 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Please someone should bless me 0090093633 sterlings God bless us all
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌

None at all.. only do the changes in the Spirit i.e. on the altar of prayer and ask to God ratify your name as your new surname. Mere change may not do much. Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by vickydevoka(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
If you want to begin a new chapter with your kids fine but have in mind that one of them must take after your hated father.

I have a British friend who boast of their family name. He said the name have been in the family for 600 years. And I believe there must have been scoundrels and all sorts along the line in the family but none of them planned to changed that name anytime soon.

OP, I hope you don't plan to call him, Samuel Peter or Francis Emmanuel or Philip Paul?
Abeg we be Africans o.
Surname brings tribalism and bigotry. If you want people to like you unconditionally remove tribal name from your names
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by BJanta: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
Why Is he a bastard ?
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by vickydevoka(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2023
OKOATA:
Your story reminds me of me, infact I just changed my 6 year old daughters surname to mine. I firstly went to a Health center and paid 1k for it. Thereafter went to her school and changed her name on the school portal. Paid 5k for the change of name through the court issuing an avidavit. Since yours is still young you won't need all that stress. I had to do what I did cos my own dad was involved in my divorce and was even the one that hired a lawyer for mu ex all in the bid to take my daughter away from me. I know I can't change my surname cos of my BVN, passport and the likes but it's what it is.
Wow!!! I keep telling people single father pays more than marriage this days. When I see prominent person getting married I shook my head
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Kanixt(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌

If you don't forgive your father , you will end up acting exactly like your father.

Remember: What you hate you become but what you forgive you are free from.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by loganx: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2023
Legally you can change your surname and wipe it off your records, spirtually, you are daring the spiritual powers and law of nature who bestowed you upon your father or parents; go and ask Dele Alli.

Make amends where necessary, train and guide your kids right, leave what nature does not give you control of alone.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by drololaaof: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌
Congratulations for the new born ,but if you change your entire name the gene in you cannot be changed, the blessings and curses inherited can not be changed unless by divine intervention and prayers with change of ways .
I am a believer of Jesus Christ I don't do native medicine ,my family is the ogun worshiper ( god of iron ) ,i try to raise dog in rented house it survive, but in my own house I have raised 5 dogs they all die mysteriously until somebody told me if it is a house I build it will not survive . So change of name have not change anything did you even know the meaning of the name you want to change to?
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by seunayantokun(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
My father bore his father's name, I bear my father's name, and my children bear my own name.

I think some people are afraid to lose the connecting tie in the great grandfather's name they are using, because there are no properly kept genealogies in Nigeria.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Bennysam: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
talented321:
The kind things some men dey think sef'' wetin concern my father concern my precious kid. Your father did mistake u don't like fine, now it is left for u correct those mistakes in ur time. Oga stop been too emotional abeg
Use whatever name u like it is ur son.
I don't even know what to tell him , this generation is something else
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by OKOATA(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
loganx:
Legally you can change your surname and wipe it off your records, spirtually, you are daring the spiritual powers and law of nature who bestowed you upon your father or parents; go and ask Dele Alli.

Make amends where necessary, train and guide your kids right, leave what nature does not give you control of alone.
Oga what if your lineage name is a curse on its own. For example someone bearing Ifadairo and he changes the name to Fadairo cos he doesn't want the IFA to be there? Some names are cursed ancestrally in the spirit realm. Everything isn't as it is.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Exmilitant(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
vickydevoka:

Surname brings tribalism and bigotry. If you want people to like you unconditionally remove tribal name from your names
And bear English names? Jesus!
Except you are ashamed of your tribe man, bear that Chidi, Okon, Ovie, Abba, Yemi. Raise up that flag.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Dearlord(m): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
This new generation fail to amaze me , keeping your family names will avert you so many unwarranted issues and problems here on earth for all your generation.
So many foolish and mad parents grazing the earth with their condemned brain cells.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by carbon1224(m): 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
It’s your own personal decision to change your sons name but if I won’t advise you to do so for so many reasons.first the family name doesn’t belong to your father but your great grand fathers and there will be a time that your son might need to identify him self to able to achieve something more important and they request for family route then you would now understand the consequences of the change.Remember in the next 30 years from now there will always be a change in everything and he might want to go for political post and you go understand .
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by 080bjaked(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
The more you grow as a father, the more you'd learn to respect yours.
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by EvangelistChuks(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
Name changing will amount to nothing for your children unless you have a spiritual family root transfer.There is what is called blood line identification,superior to DNA identification.How you may say . By being born again.The new birth or being born again means being cut off as a branch,a member of a tree with peculiar environment and then grafted unto another stem or tree in another healthy environment altogether.Without this,every of your progeny must inherit the assets as well as the LIABILITIES of your ancestors. Revelation 5:10 say that by Jesus’ blood ,you if you accept the sacrifice will be ransomed or redeemed or bought from your tribe,kindred,family,tongue,language etc unto God.
If any man be in Christ,he is a NEW CREATION,OLD THINGS have passed away and everything has become new-[2corinthians 5:17] .
Jesus is the answer to your problem not name change because bingo will always be bingo even if you change it’s name to Jimmy.
God bless you.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Anfieldboss: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
segunAde1:

But in case of any official documentation, how would you reconcile that , different last name?

Her birth certificate which shows I am her father is enough evidence for any official document. Also, my first name being her last name, proves it further.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
I understand
Your lineages is some how broke

If not you won't be saying this

No matter what we do not cut off our ancestors

Even that little boy from extraction 2 movie was still loyal to the family of his father ( the naggazi)

U sabi the thriller....
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Invest4growth: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
How are you.sure it is not you they are laying the blame on all the family misfortunes.
You are free to do as you wish but you will have future explanations to make. How will it sound if you document that your reason.for adopting a particular family was because the initial family name was too toxic. Bros, no family is perfect. There is a Yoruba proverb that says if a family is continually settled and prosperous, it is because the bastard is yet to grow. Congrats to your new lineage
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by ukaface(f): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌
Normally na like that E suppose be
Your children bear your name and not the name of a long time ancestor wey person no know
Even in the bible it’s like that
Let your children bear your name, your grandchildren will bear your children’s name, like that like that
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Rushna27(f): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
@Op, depending on your choice.... Where I come from in Edo State a child bears the father's name and not the family name.....for example Osagie gave birth to Osaro when Osaro gives birth his children will bear Osaro and not Osagie.......Simple....they belief in you having ur own generation and not a name that is far rotten in the grave.....thanks

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by millicivi(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2023
People change names for various reasons!!! The thing is about making your mind up before inserting the name on your child’s birth certificate. So the Child doesn’t have issues of name change!! However you need the guidance of God because this is a life changing decision
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by vickydevoka(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
And bear English names? Jesus!
Except you are ashamed of your tribe man, bear that Chidi, Okon, Ovie, Abba, Yemi. Raise up that flag.
Yes I am I will bear James Ruben. N I will be treated by a Yoruba man fairly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter / Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.