Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? (23970 Views)

I Don't Want To Bear My Husband's Surname / I Will Not Bear My Husband’s Name-What are the Consequences? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Aladeintl: 12:52am On Jul 28, 2023
I don't think there are any implications for your children to bear your name as surname. You are their father and they bearing your name doesn't mean they are not pay of your family.

Two, changing of name is not changing of characters, you share 50% of your father's DNA and your children will have 25% of his DNA. How are gonna change that?

Therefore, change of name is not the solution to change of characters.

First, pray and live intentionally. Your kids bearing your name doesn't mean you won't behave like your dad and they not bearing your father's name doesn't mean they won't behave like you. Blood is thicker than water.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Tayorshd87: 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Aladeintl:
I don't think there are any implications for your children to bear your name as surname. You are their father and they bearing your name doesn't mean they are not pay of your family.

Two, changing of name is not changing of characters, you share 50% of your father's DNA and your children will have 25% of his DNA. How are gonna change that?

Therefore, change of name is not the solution to change of characters.

First, pray and live intentionally. Your kids bearing your name doesn't mean you won't behave like your dad and they not bearing your father's name doesn't mean they won't behave like you. Blood is thicker than water.

Good idea
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by frozen70(f): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

Am the last born in my family and there are too many ups and downs and wahala in my family because it was a polygamous home and my father was one of the man I mistakenly ever met on earth and unlucky for me he is my father 😭😢
So how I wish I should start my life with my own fresh lineage from my wife and children. Like I don't want to be part of the father tree again.

I gave birth 3days ago and I don't want my son to bear my surname 🤔 I want my own name to be his surname so my father lineage will be cut off
☹️

Please is there any future implications in this decision?
Or rather something bad behind this decision??

Thanks 😌

You have the full right to give your son any of your names as surname

Your wife too can as well bear the same name you want to change to

So far it's in your names
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Tayorshd87: 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
Thanks jàre

frozen70:

You have the full right to give your son any of your names as surname

Your wife too can as well bear the same name you want to change to

So far it's in your names
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by frozen70(f): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2023
Tayorshd87:
Thanks jàre

Welcome
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Sharonstone7719: 1:32am On Sep 02, 2023
There's nothing wrong. His child can bear his first name
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by tdayoojo: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2023
Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

Am the last born in my family and there are too many ups and downs and wahala in my family because it was a polygamous home and my father was one of the man I mistakenly ever met on earth and unlucky for me he is my father 😭😢
So how I wish I should start my life with my own fresh lineage from my wife and children. Like I don't want to be part of the father tree again.

I gave birth 3days ago and I don't want my son to bear my surname 🤔 I want my own name to be his surname so my father lineage will be cut off
☹️

Thanks 😌

There is no implication whatsoever. You as adult can decide what you want your children to bear: your first name or middle name. It is not a crime. I have seen it happen over and over. My father was the only one out of all his siblings who didn't answer his family name. I answered my father's name while my wife and my children now answer a combination of my first name and that of my father's. No qualms from any quarters over this. There is no problem of any sort in our family, we just decided what name to answer. Feel free to choose the name you want.
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Tayorshd87: 5:37am On Oct 16, 2023
tdayoojo:

There is no implication whatsoever. You as adult can decide what you want your children to bear: your first name or middle name. It is not a crime. I have seen it happen over and over. My father was the only one out of all his siblings who didn't answer his family name. I answered my father's name while my wife and my children now answer a combination of my first name and that of my father's. No qualms from any quarters over this. There is no problem of any sort in our family, we just decided what name to answer. Feel free to choose the name you want.

Great one 🙂
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by bukitt: 4:10am On Feb 18
I thought as much.

Tayorshd87:
From a friend though

☹️

Thanks 😌
Re: I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? by Tayorshd87: 10:01am On Feb 19
bukitt:
I thought as much.

What do you think about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Mother Tattooed Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.