Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

To go or stay in naija - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To go or stay in naija (16331 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

To go or stay in naija by colossus91(m): 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by Nigerfine3: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ask your sister and her husband to honestly tell you how much is thier savings after expenses, that's the first step.
If you must travel try hard to be in a country you can make good money

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by sageb: 6:04am On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.

Since you have the funds to migrate, Japa to a good country like Germany,Canada,etc and don't look back.

36 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by youngreezy(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
run,keep running,never stop running... Nigeria don cast,make nobody decieve you oOoOO, nothing come out, think of how bad our health system dey,you know how many people don die for upth for port Harcourt here? because of wickedness?the nurses Dem no send your papa ooo,I see person dey die, nurses dey gist dey laugh oooo,dey even shout for the family members of the woman wey dey cry oooo,you want talk about our police?wey dey frame innocent person?or kill innocent people?abeg the matter too plenty to talk ..so run

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by inoki247: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
Lol anyone that makes you happy....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by sofeo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
The ball is in your court bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by A305: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
"It's better to be a king in the village than being a peasant in the city." This was the quote Don Jazzy told Dbanj who insisted on kissing Kanye west A$$ for international record deal instead of growing Afro beat back home. This disagreement ended Mo-hits records. Today Don Jazzy is more successful.

If you earn in dollars and also earn good on your regular bank job. You doing far better than 60% of Nigerians. And you get to enjoy the slippage difference of dollar over naira exchange — as at today naira to a dollar is 820 in the black market.

Just invest wisely here and you would be good. Even if you do bad in investment, your constant dollar earning would afford you the opportunity to try out other opportunities.

On the flip side, when you eventually japa and begin to earn say 3000 dollars monthly, there are taxes to be paid and other expenses and in the process, you will be slow to build wealth, it will take you years compared to when you in Nigeria enjoying the Naira dollar slippage difference.

If you single, finding a wife there would be difficult except you japa-ing with your wife.

Oga stay back and secure your future here, save in dollars, invest with naira and stay ahead of the market here.

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by adonainana: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
Omo this topic again
Please we are tired now

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by fastseo: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
sad
Re: To go or stay in naija by Sultty(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
japa, 500k does not do much for u. Even the side hustle can still continue when u get to the other side, so u work there and still continue your side hustle (I guess it's online side hustle)

7 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by ltctechng: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
wink
Re: To go or stay in naija by thaoriginator: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
angry

Teach me that side hustle wey dey pay you 400$ per month 🙏

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by oneMalik: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
All of the above .

if no be laziness ..... 2million naira you intend to japa with is enough to make you a director here ......but safe journey .l

6 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Hezzyluv: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
Japa....
Re: To go or stay in naija by OkCornel(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
Look before you leap

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by mbahdi(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
We going no where..nowhere like home

4 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by whippersnapper(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
this country na cruise
Re: To go or stay in naija by Jestin: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
Run for your dear life

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by seunny4lif(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
You are earning almost 1M a month in this present Nigeria cool cool cool.
That's a good thing, as you don't have any kids yet.
I will say depending on what you want for yourself and your future.
You can be in Nigeria and be earning dollars etc but once you starting having kids is when the reality of Nigeria economy will show you, matter of Nigeria as a nation.
The more you earn the more you want better things for your kids, like moving them to good and peaceful schools, and those schools per term are from 500K per term.

Businesses in Nigeria, get as the matter be because what you buy today for 10K will be 25K overnight, market is a not stable.
Anything can happen economy, sleep as a rich guy but wake up as poor by the time you convert your Naira to Dollar.
1M Naira is less than 2K dollars now

Unless your family owned the company, Nigeria working environment get as the matter be.
I have seen people on 2M per month moved from Nigeria to abroad esp IT sectors always getting offers easy than anyone, some started all over again esp Bankers.

Many people moved out of Nigeria for the future of their kids and even over Politicians don't believe in Nigeria and that's one of the reason they are sending their kids outside Nigeria to school.
If Dangote can said he has moved more than 50% of his money oversea then you should think of Nigeria matter
They all have houses over there

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by MarketDispatch: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
Japa if you can afford it, Stay in Nigeria if you can visit and return

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by rattlesnake(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
japa and do care home workn where u will become a sysadmin of pads, poo and changing bedsheets

5 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by OBTOREPA(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
You want to leave a country where you are treated like a king to go where you will be treated like a slave. Think about it, you have peace of mind here.

15 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Ventura1: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2023
Please Japa so that another person can take up your 500K job
The population is stifling the resources, we need to dispense off some people

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by Racoon(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2023
Nope! Problems dey everywhere but may not be as worst as the one back home. Me just simply ask the Lord to grant me immigration privilege if it is really His desire for my life and not as a must for me.

5 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by emmaitive(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Na japa sure pass like this at least for the sake of your families and uborn children. but sha pray t God for direction

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Elvis2kay: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
cool
Re: To go or stay in naija by itzElijah(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
Boss what's the side hustle that give you 400 dollars monthly. Help a bro 🥺🙏

5 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by YeyeGbami: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

Japa straight. now wey you never get dependents.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Beverages: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
Get the fvck outa naija bruh
Re: To go or stay in naija by DesChyko: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
Run away from here!!! Is anything stopping you from continuing your remote job when you change location?

Only two categories of people are not leaving Nigeria for a better life outside any time soon.

1. Those who have been feeding from it.

2. Those who do not have the opportunity yet.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amasa Firdaus: How God Used Me To Break Hijab Barrier / Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages / Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.