Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

To go or stay in naija - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To go or stay in naija (16418 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To go or stay in naija by manuelkel(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, Iā€™m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if Iā€™m here than leaving just need advice on this.

You can also consider buying spamming tools, it costs about $3.5-4k. One loading job can give you about $200k. If you no fit run am, get vendors and buy the tools, employ me, I go work for you as a contract, we can bargain over that....there's huge money on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by osothermal(m): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2023
kkins25:

šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚..
like as if there are no unemployed tech guys.
Bros don't let anybody deceive you. There are more opportunities here once you meet the necessary requirements.
Re: To go or stay in naija by orjibra1: 9:26am On Jul 27, 2023
Hear from people who went and are back. Real life scenarios. Thank me later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM&list=PLUI_Fo2IKYCsfmW5GFULmOC45RBlFjbBq&index=10

colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, Iā€™m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if Iā€™m here than leaving just need advice on this.
Re: To go or stay in naija by gforce5: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2023
OP, you are earning close to N1million. 95% of Nigerians are not earning that amount. If you JAPA in haste, you may not earn the same amount or be able to replicate the lifestyle you have in Nigeria. My advise to you is to invest your money, make a profit and buy a second passport. Yes, go through the citizenship by investment route. When you have enough capital, you can acquire a caribbean passport (St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada) which will give you visa free access to most countries in the West. Don't put all your eggs in Nigeria. With a second passport, you have an exit strategy in case Nigeria gets too hot for you. With a second passport, your children's future is secure. With a second passport, you can be shuttling back and forth between Europe and Nigeria. With a second passport, you can work anywhere in world. Please, focus on what I just said and don't allow anyone to distract you (including women) until you have achieved this. Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by kkins25(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2023
osothermal:
Bros don't let anybody deceive you. There are more opportunities here once you meet the necessary requirements.
I'm not debunking that. He's not the first to japa and regret it. Plus, unless he's very good, they'd employ others over him

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2023
gforce5:
OP, you are earning close to N1million. 95% of Nigerians are not earning that amount. If you JAPA in haste, you may not earn the same amount or be able to replicate the lifestyle you have in Nigeria. My advise to you is to invest your money, make a profit and buy a second passport. Yes, go through the citizenship by investment route. When you have enough capital, you can acquire a caribbean passport (St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada) which will give you visa free access to most countries in the West. Don't put all your eggs in Nigeria. With a second passport, you have an exit strategy in case Nigeria gets too hot for you. With a second passport, your children's future is secure. With a second passport, you can be shuttling back and forth between Europe and Nigeria. With a second passport, you can work anywhere in world. Please, focus on what I just said and don't allow anyone to distract you (including women) until you have achieved this. Shalom.

European countries are beginning to cancel visa free access for carribean countries. The UK just cancelled access for Dominica.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by gforce5: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
I'm well aware that the UK and some European countries are canceling visa-free access for some of those caribbean countries as many people have used those countries passports as a backdoor to the UK and Europe. Nevertheless, it's still the OP's best bet as many European countries are canceling their own citizenship via investment routes (Malta,Cyprus and now Portugal). Otherwise, he may have to go through Canada PR express entry or go to Brazil and marry a citizen there. The caribbean citizenship via investment is his best bet as it's cheaper (minimum of $100K) and he doesn't have to live there in order to get it. That's what a lot of Nigerian politicians and captains of industry are doing right now.
tensazangetsu20:

European countries are beginning to cancel visa free access for carribean countries. The UK just cancelled access for Dominica.

3 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
gforce5:
I'm well aware that the UK and some European countries are canceling visa-free access for some of those caribbean countries as many people have used those countries passports as a backdoor to the UK and Europe. Nevertheless, it's still the OP's best bet as many European countries are canceling their own citizenship via investment routes (Malta,Cyprus and now Portugal). Otherwise, he may have to go through Canada PR express entry or go to Brazil and marry a citizen there. The caribbean citizenship via investment is his best bet as it's cheaper (minimum of $100K) and he doesn't have to live there in order to get it. That's what a lot of Nigerian politicians and captains of industry are doing right now.
True, however it's not easy growing one million to a hundred thousand US dollars o.
Re: To go or stay in naija by gforce5: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
I agree but what choice does he have? Citizenship via investment in Portugal, Cyprus, Spain or Malta starts at $500,000. Its $1million in Malta, 1million GB in the UK and at least $1 million in the U.S. You still have to live in those countries for at least 3 years before you qualify and acquire it. Otherwise, he may have to Japa to get it.
tensazangetsu20:

True, however it's not easy growing one million to a hundred thousand US dollars o.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
gforce5:
I agree but what choice does he have? Citizenship via investment in Portugal, Cyprus, Spain or Malta starts at $500,000. Its $1million in Malta, 1million GB in the UK and at least $1 million in the U.S. You still have to live in those countries for at least 3 years before you qualify and acquire it. Otherwise, he may have to Japa to get it.

Men a scary reality. The best time to do this japa thing is in ones early 20s get the passport and come back to Nigeria or go anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by gforce5: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
This is what I said in one of my posts a few months ago and I was lambasted as drunkard. grin Immigration is not for the faint-hearted. It's best to do it in your prime. It's best to do it when you have no responsibilities and no established career. There's a reason why student visas are the most common visas for those who want to JAPA LEGALLY. As a student, especially undergraduate, you have the advantage of learning how the system works at uni. It is also easier to form friendships and relationships while in uni than as a graduate in a company.

One can immigrate at a mature age. It's just that you have to start over from scratch except you are lucky to secure a job or already have something on ground before you arrive.
tensazangetsu20:

Men a scary reality. The best time to do this japa thing is in ones early 20s get the passport and come back to Nigeria or go anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by nwetadinobi042(m): 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
What's a loading job please, job description will do šŸ™šŸ¾
manuelkel:

You can also consider buying spamming tools, it costs about $3.5-4k. One loading job can give you about $200k. If you no fit run am, get vendors and buy the tools, employ me, I go work for you as a contract, we can bargain over that....there's huge money on that.
Re: To go or stay in naija by nwetadinobi042(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
Please sir tell me more about your side hustle that pays you $400 monthly
colossus91:
Re: To go or stay in naija by emperor4love(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
manuelkel:

de play bro,even wirecheck no see nd all no fit drop unless na irs bro or cc topup depend on log oooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? / Switching From Chemistry To Chemical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.