Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

To go or stay in naija - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To go or stay in naija (16417 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
clems88:
The only thing that can make me japa without looking back is if available been offered an employment letter with life permanent residency, apart from that I'll just be going on vacation to flex . I rather be a big boy in Nigeria than be an average man for another mans land😉
You’re still an average man in your home country. Say something else.

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by sheflat: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
My guy, I no lair to you if you are earning upto that amount according to you. My candid and family advice to you is to stay and plan for your future. No place is easy, if you dare try to japa when you get there you will understand better. If you have a family or friend over there call them ask
Re: To go or stay in naija by sleekybaba: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
[quote author=colossus91 post=124671669][/quote]

His bonus and business alone is trice yours, i know what i am saying. He still japa, bought a condo house in Canada. Bro don't let anyone or that figures deceive you, you will forever be thanking God if you make use of your opportunity now.
Re: To go or stay in naija by ClearFlair: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
oneMalik:
All of the above .

if no be laziness ..... 2million naira you intend to japa with is enough to make you a director here ......but safe journey .l

So that agbero can come and shut down his business without warning one day abi

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by clems88(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Biola67:

You’re still an average man in your home country. Say something else.
I feel like insulting you but I wount. I jump and pass this temptation 🤨

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
clems88:
I feel like insulting you but I wount. I jump and pass this temptation 🤨
E pain am 🤣

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by phemmyfour: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.
stay....your remote job is paying you in foreign currency. Nothing beats earning in forex and spending in naira.

3 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by clems88(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
Biola67:

E pain am 🤣
when I no get sound for body.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Luxurydriverng: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
A305:
It's better to be a king in the village than than being a peasant in the city.

If you earn in dollars and also earn good on your regular bank job. You doing better than 60% of Nigerians. And you get to enjoy the slippage different of dollar over naira exchange — as at today naira to a dollar is 820 in the black market.

Just invest wisely here and you would be good. Even if you do bad in investment, your constant dollar earning would afford you the opportunity to try out other opportunities.

On the flip side, when you eventually japa and begin to earn say 3000 dollars monthly, there are taxes to be paid and other expenses and in the process, you will be slow to build wealth, it will take you years compared to when you in Nigeria enjoying the Naira dollar slippage difference.

If you single, finding a wife there would be difficult except you japa-ing with your wife.

Oga stay back and secure your future here, save in dollars, invest with naira and stay ahead of the market here.

You said it all, but them nor go gree.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Aguogba(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.

Once you're over 20-24 years and you relocate abroad, you're not doing so for your comfort but for the benefit of your offsprings. Ever wondered why immigration is extremely easy for children and made very difficult for adults? This is because, to them (Oyinbos) you've lived the most important part of your life in your homeland (CHILDHOOD/TEENAGE). They indoctrinate, mold, educate, train and shape the career of people here from a very young age.

Except you're a special talent back home and continuing with your career after immigration (programmers, nurses, experienced doctors),
your "new country" don't really know how "USEFUL" you'd be at this point in your life. All they see is LIABILITY or at most, a GAMBLE. This is why they will happily offer important and strategic job openings, financial assistance, or social acceptance to "home born /home grown" immigrants before other categories.

With all these said, make the move. Swim against this tide. Create a base for your children so that they won't start where you started. They will be grateful that you started their lives on a better footing.

I hope this is simple enough for anyone to understand.

Peace off.
Re: To go or stay in naija by SayNo2SmallPrik: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
phemmyfour:
stay....your remote job is paying you in foreign currency. Nothing beats earning in forex and spending in naira.
Person wey hear paying you in foreign currency go think say na like $5k, na $400 una Dey pamper like this? Na wa

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by ViktorCash: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
Bro please what’s the side hustle
colossus91:
Re: To go or stay in naija by phemmyfour: 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Person wey hear paying you in foreign currency go think say na like $5k, na $400 una Dey pamper like this? Na wa
Even japarians can save more that in abroad monthly after tax and bills. The man will be spending in naira here, so that $400 will continue to appreciate
Re: To go or stay in naija by Yoighaman(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hawkler:

That money is not enough again in Nigeria when having a family with children inclusive but as a bachelor, it is not bad. Japa is better your skills in IT will fetch you more in Canada or Australia than the N500k

He currently makes about N500K + $400 (side hustle); that's about N10M as a YOUNG, SINGLE guy. Not bad at all. Maybe the story will be different when gets married.

He should travel abroad often and do his research in order to test the waters, if he is convinced, he can japa, if not, he should stay and build a career. Japa is not meant for everybody. I know someone doing well in Nigeria, travels often and decided to not relocate; now, he is doing extremely well, 5X of when he considered relocation. I also know another person not doing too badly, he flung his job and relocated abroad, he is also doing well.

Truth is, our destinies and paths in life are different, we are all running different races.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by addexx: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

Don't Japa
Re: To go or stay in naija by Sultty(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
CodeTemplar:
400 USD is about N340k now. Maybe you didn't consider that.
he will still continue the side hustle abroad (so far it's online) naija no be here wink
Re: To go or stay in naija by SayNo2SmallPrik: 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
Yoighaman:

He currently makes about N500K + $400 (side hustle); that's about N10M as a YOUNG, SINGLE guy. Not bad at all. Maybe the story will be different when gets married.

He should travel abroad often and do his research in order to test the waters, if he is convinced, he can japa, if not, he should stay and build a career. Japa is not meant for everybody. I know someone doing well in Nigeria, travels often and decided to not relocate; now, he is doing extremely well, 5X of when he considered relocation. I also know another person not doing too badly, he flung his job and relocated abroad, he is also doing well.

Truth is, our destinies and paths in life are different, we are all running different races.
Deduct his living expenses.
Re: To go or stay in naija by omoluka: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2023
Similar post was on front page yesterday, enough of all these. If you want to japa just go, if you want stay , stay and enjoy the peace and tranquility in one Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by Yoighaman(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Deduct his living expenses.

As a single young man staying in Lagos. He'd get a nice apartment in a serene area for between N1.8M to N2M. Let's assume this is for the renewal of his annual rent, he has all his gadgets and all, already.

Out of N10M, He has N8M left, that's about N700K a month, he can comfortably live on N400K monthly except he is a reckless spender.

He still has N300K per month to save, that's N3.6M in savings.

Is the above lifestyle bad for a single young man?
Re: To go or stay in naija by sageb: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
vickydevoka:

Germany u said?

Yes, Germany is a good country.
Do you have a reason(s) why you believe that Germany is not a good country?
Re: To go or stay in naija by SayNo2SmallPrik: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Yoighaman:

As a single young man staying in Lagos. He'd get a nice apartment in a serene area for between N1.8M to N2M. Let's assume this is for the renewal of his annual rent, he has all his gadgets and all, already.

Out of N10M, He has N8M left, that's about N700K a month, he can comfortably live on N400K monthly except he is a reckless spender.

He still has N300K per month to save, that's N3.6M in savings.

Is the above lifestyle bad for a single young man?

Okay. You mean he can save 3.6m naira yearly, that’s approximately 4,500 USD.

If this man should relocate abroad with this skills (Canada/US/Australia) just know $4,500 yearly is NOTHING to him. I won’t say more than that.
Even if na snow you Dey pack, no be like make you no get $4,500 for savings YEARLY.
Re: To go or stay in naija by aariwa(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
abroad is a rat race oo you work all your life and never rest till you are 65 and by then you are tired and most of your life spent on working because everything you will enjoy is tied to your work ie the day you decide to stop working you lose your house and car. It’s not laid back as you are enjoying in Nigeria now because above earning 800k per month is good pay in Nigeria and more freedom but if you feel you can cope with the fast pace till you are 65 in western world you can go ahead

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Backpedal: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
OBTOREPA:
You want to leave a country where you are treated like a king to go where you will be treated like a slave. Think about it, you have peace of mind here.

Treatec like a king ?

Really ?
Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Backpedal:

Treatec like a king ?

Really ?
Leave them😆
Re: To go or stay in naija by fifteen1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
wink wink wink grin grin grin
MarketDispatch:
Japa if you can afford it, Stay in Nigeria if you can visit and return
Re: To go or stay in naija by headboyprince(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
yusuf0876:
You don't need to japa,u re doing well and your online side hustle will favour you more here in Nigeria coz of the rate of naira to dollar,when you have the money here in Nigeria enjoyment is 💯 compared to abroad and I'm also sure ur pay will increase as time goes on.
which enjoyment is in nigeria if I may ask.. A country filled with war, hunger, bkackouts, potholes, bad internet, inflation, book haram, criminals, kidnappers has no enjoyment..
Reason why people go abroad and no one comes to Nigeria for vacation ..

Use your brain

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by headboyprince(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
Taiwo20:
Some people are better off staying than traveling
You can’t skip, postpone or avoid bill abroad.
You can decide not to pay PHCN and water bills for two months buy charge your power bank and getting water elsewhere in Nigeria.

Abroad is lonely, even for those that have spent long term there.

With your income and side hustle, I cannot advise you except if you are willing to pay.
Spend two hours in your bathroom and up will come up with a decision.

P.S: If you decide to go, kindly hand over your side hustle to me.
besides who will cut off his nepa for two months to start using powerbank What sort of foolish advice is this?

How will you charge the powerbank...

Youre saying he should choose on pu4pose blackouts over lights .. Typical suffer head Nigeria mentality 🤦
Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2023
Taiwo20:
Some people are better off staying than traveling
You can’t skip, postpone or avoid bill abroad.
You can decide not to pay PHCN and water bills for two months buy charge your power bank and getting water elsewhere in Nigeria.

Abroad is lonely, even for those that have spent long term there.

With your income and side hustle, I cannot advise you except if you are willing to pay.
Spend two hours in your bathroom and up will come up with a decision.

P.S: If you decide to go, kindly hand over your side hustle to me.
This one too want make naija better. See him advising someone he can decide not to pay PHCN

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by headboyprince(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
clems88:
The only thing that can make me japa without looking back is if available been offered an employment letter with life permanent residency, apart from that I'll just be going on vacation to flex . I rather be a big boy in Nigeria than be an average man for another mans land😉
lol it's 100x easier to be average man over there than a big boy here..use your brain ...if you doubt me, look at your politicians... They earn more than 100k$, but always running abroad.. All their kids are abroad. I guess you know more than them..

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by omolola12345(m): 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2023
Even if you earning is in dollars in Nigeria which is okay. You should think about the security in Nigeria. Personally for me there is no security in Nigeria. Over your life and your properties. So you can japa.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Yoighaman(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Okay. You mean he can save 3.6m naira yearly, that’s approximately 4,500 USD.

If this man should relocate abroad with this skills (Canada/US/Australia) just know $4,500 yearly is NOTHING to him. I won’t say more than that.
Even if na snow you Dey pack, no be like make you no get $4,500 for savings YEARLY.

I perfectly understand your point, but just as you shouldn't convert your earnings to Naira when you live, work, earn and spend in the UK; you shouldn't also convert your earnings to USD when you live, work, earn and spend in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by oneMalik: 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2023
Agbero don shut my business ?

Lazy thinkers !

ClearFlair:

So that agbero can come and shut down his business without warning one day abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Origins Of Ten Common Professions / Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.