Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

To go or stay in naija - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To go or stay in naija (16329 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.
Process Canada Express entry. Don’t dull yourself.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Bruxxels: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.

If you could acquire a 2nd passport which can give you opportunity whenever you're to travel out, that will be good. Otherwise, get international certifications in IT, get work abroad from here before you japa.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Ade1177: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hawkler:

That money is not enough again in Nigeria when having a family with children inclusive but as a bachelor, it is not bad. Japa is better your skills in IT will fetch you more in Canada or Australia than the N500k
10million is bad for a married man?

Ah

Somepeople no see 1million naira for 1yr o

And they are happily married with 3 kids doing very fine

The wife is also working

10million a year is a very good pay
Even if your rent is 1million
And house of 600k to 700k is usually very beautiful for rent

If 9.2million is not enough. As an Average Nigerian

Unless you are into luxury

How many nairaland online warriors have 1million 1yr that they are advising the guy

3 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by phemmylink(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
Everything is not all about money bro
Re: To go or stay in naija by Shinjawestside: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
oneMalik:
All of the above .

if no be laziness ..... 2million naira you intend to japa with is enough to make you a director here ......but safe journey .l

Director for which kind business...

Which business u wnt do with 2 million?

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Abbeytoy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Drone95:
How far chief, I get an international passport but I no get money sha o. Does this organisation fit a sponsored person? cheesy

Sorry, not for Charity.

But we can also help you market your property for easy access as many people do.

Just Dm me when you are ready.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Ikpunnegi01: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
Na run you wan leave us run abi? Never, this Shegé promax must go round! You must stay back and serve your father's land..
Re: To go or stay in naija by Shinjawestside: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
Ade1177:

Ah

The wife is also working

How many nairaland online warriors have 1million 1yr that they are advising the guy

No mind m...

No suprise say he no get even 50k for account
Re: To go or stay in naija by SayNo2SmallPrik: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
phemmylink:
Everything is not all about money bro
For a young Nigga, everything is all about money. Don’t whine OP
Re: To go or stay in naija by Leon4seismo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
Run ok... don't look back
what's the point making money without enjoying it
=>consider the future of your kids
=>consider security abroad they don't have high fences so you can pack your cars
=>enjoy good roads/with good mechanic Nigerian mechanics are vultures
=>good light and good school for your kids
j=>ob security you get another job and several job
good health facility
=> ticket to UK is 2 million goverment policies may change anytime to may be 5 million .... run o while u can ...

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by SayNo2SmallPrik: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2023
Ade1177:

Ah

The wife is also working

Bros, they’re not doing fine. Don’t whine. Na manage dem Dey manage abeg. Only if you want to live a basic life for the rest of your life.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Slimbae2: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
if you japa, please let me fill in the vacant position you at your work place.thanks
Re: To go or stay in naija by osothermal(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
kkins25:
youre earning over A million per month bro. I don't see the need to Japa, unless, you're certain u can earn at least $1500 per month.
Ignorance with confidence. Do you know as a tech guy in UK , you earn as much as £35 per hour ? Multiply that by 10hrs daily in 5 days a week and a month. Una go just dey talk anyhow. The only regret I have since coming here a Month ago is not coming here since

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by KIDfurniture(m): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
Another teenager seeking for advice on Nairaland. All of una dey mad at the same time. 500k monthly and 400$ monthly . Ok make una continue sha.

colossus91:
Re: To go or stay in naija by bakol: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2023
Don't be deceived. If your current income is sustainable, you better hold your peace.

First, to see husband or a wife overseas is an uphill task.

Second, you will feed 3 times a day quite right but 70% of your income will service your bills overseas couple with the fact that you wil have to do menial jobs.

Forget all the fake appearances you see online. Soke of those overseas are regretting it.

NOTE- if it is convenient for you to travel, do but do.not be pressured to Start selling your properties, borrowing money up and down just because you want to JAPA. You may regret such actions later. The decision is yours.
Re: To go or stay in naija by bakol: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
bakol:
Don't be deceived. If your current income is sustainable, you better hold your peace.

Second, you will feed 3 times a day quite right but 70% of your income will service your bills overseas couple with the fact that you wil have to do menial jobs.

Forget all the fake appearances you see online. Some of those overseas are regretting it.

NOTE- if it is convenient for you to travel, do but do.not be pressured to Start selling your properties, borrowing money up and down just because you want to JAPA. You may regret such actions later. The decision is yours.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Bossman(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2023
It can't always be about money. There is more to life than that. I see a lot of talk about how much you are making. What do you want? Do you feel you can grow in your current job, what are the prospects down the road. Do you want a sane environment to raise a family in? What about security, access to health care, etc. Weigh all those options and then make a decision. Remember, you are in IT, and it has good prospects abroad as well besides the good pay.
Re: To go or stay in naija by SIRTee15: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
I'm beginning to think Seun and his crew are using this Japa/abroad relocation thread to generate traffic.

There are millions of Nigerians abroad who made that decision without announcing their intentions even to their neighbours so I don't understand the purpose of all these threads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
bakol:

Forget all the fake appearances you see online. Some of those overseas are regretting it.

They’re regretting cuz they didn’t come with a good skill. Example na those wey pay 15k pounds to study *International Business*, funny 😆. Most believe everywhere na like naija where Microbiology graduate dey work for bank.
Re: To go or stay in naija by sleekybaba: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

It is indefensible for being in the teeth of plain reason and common sense.

Remote job
Almost N500,000 in Naira

GROUND of conviction to japa:

REMOTE JOB
YOU HAVE THE MEANS NOW to Japa
IF YOU JAPA, Future secured.
Your unborn Child(ren) 's future secured.
SECOND citizen opportunity

Our first born was earning more than you N700,000 Petroleum Engineer, he Japa to Canada and always reference it as the best decision he ever made. $146k a year.

Don't go to US, appointment will frustrate you. Best for now to face: Canada, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.

I

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by SayNo2SmallPrik: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
SIRTee15:
I'm beginning to think Seun and his crew are using this Japa/abroad relocation thread to generate traffic.

There are millions of Nigerians abroad who made that decision without announcing their intentions even to their neighbours so I don't understand the purpose of all these threads.

Anything you like make you think. He’s making his money, you’re here lamenting.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Drone95(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Sorry, not for Charity.

But we can also help you market your property for easy access as many people do.

Just Dm me when you are ready.
grin

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Standardcosting(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
I wish I could ping you to read this.
Don’t relocate cos of someone else.
Weight your options well.
Have a mapped out plan.
For some of us we didn’t think it through b4 we japa, it was for same reason as you’ve stated, sister!!!
I don’t regret it though, at least not anymore.
Be sure that japa isn’t all about people
Re: To go or stay in naija by Emmaomotob(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
A305:
It's better to be a king in the village than than being a peasant in the city.

If you earn in dollars and also earn good on your regular bank job. You doing better than 60% of Nigerians. And you get to enjoy the slippage different of dollar over naira exchange — as at today naira to a dollar is 820 in the black market.

Just invest wisely here and you would be good. Even if you do bad in investment, your constant dollar earning would afford you the opportunity to try out other opportunities.

On the flip side, when you eventually japa and begin to earn say 3000 dollars monthly, there are taxes to be paid and other expenses and in the process, you will be slow to build wealth, it will take you years compared to when you in Nigeria enjoying the Naira dollar slippage difference.

If you single, finding a wife there would be difficult except you japa-ing with your wife.

Oga stay back and secure your future here, save in dollars, invest with naira and stay ahead of the market here.
So he should stay in Nigeria because of a woman? Lol. Dumbest idea ever. One needs a great nation to achieve great dreams. Elon Musk left South Africa for Canada and eventually moved to USA. If its true he earns that amount of money and has a good job experience, he'll be able to have a soft landing abroad. Do you think that any good thing can come out of Nigeria? I know how degrading the pride that comes from being better than most people around you is, but a great fighter seeks great opponents. You can easily save his useless salary here in the UK, as long as you don't despise little beginnings and live within your means. A lot of people that should have moved to abroad decades ago were also slaves to their so called salary.

Lastly, it is a shame that you adviced him to stay in Nigeria so that he can get married. This is the mentality of low class people without a will-to-meaning. A man should never relate with a woman because of where he is, but what he is becoming. A lot of great men have made this same mistake. Most women never improve themselves and you end up with someone that cannot cope with your level of greatness.

3 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by colossus91(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
sleekybaba:

It is indefensible for being in the teeth of plain reason and common sense.

Remote job
Almost N500,000 in Naira

GROUND of conviction to japa:

REMOTE JOB
YOU HAVE THE MEANS NOW to Japa
IF YOU JAPA, Future secured.
Your unborn Child(ren) 's future secured.
SECOND citizen opportunity

Our first born was earning more than you N700,000 Petroleum Engineer, he Japa to Canada and always reference it as the best decision he ever made. $146k a year.

Don't go to US, appointment will frustrate you. Best for now to face: Canada, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.

I have two jobs sir I earn almost a million Naira.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by planetx: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Another fake japa story by moonlight, can you people stop disturbing us with this endless asking for japa advice. You can japa to the moon nobody cares.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by Tydorcas(f): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
God will direct yhur path 🙏
Best wishes
Re: To go or stay in naija by professore(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
People are running away because Nigeria is not a safe place to be... it has nothing to do with money for some people, escape if you can.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Mom007(f): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
If you are doing well in naija, pls stay where you are. Unless you are recruited from abroad or get an overseas job. Do not go on any student route or whatever. You will regret it. Besides, there is more to life than earning foreign currency. Social life, friends and family relationships... Its a lonely life abroad, especially as a single person .
Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
Mom007:
If you are doing well in naija, pls stay where you are. Unless you are recruited from abroad or get an overseas job. Do not go on any student route or whatever. You will regret it. Besides, there is more to life than earning foreign currency. Social life, friends and family relationships... It’s a lonely life abroad, especially as a single person .
Have you been to the abroad or your advise is based on *dem say, dem say* lol
Re: To go or stay in naija by goldeneye94(m): 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
Notice how lots of people asked for what side hustle pays you 400 dollars 🤣but you wan hoard that info
Re: To go or stay in naija by clems88(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
The only thing that can make me japa without looking back is if available been offered an employment letter with life permanent residency, apart from that I'll just be going on vacation to flex . I rather be a big boy in Nigeria than be an average man for another mans land😉

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amasa Firdaus: How God Used Me To Break Hijab Barrier / Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages / Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.