Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

To go or stay in naija - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To go or stay in naija (16434 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria? / I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To go or stay in naija by Bridget95(f): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
If you have the funds to leave this directionless country please do and you will be happier in the long run. We honestly have no clear outlook of how this country will be in 20yrs time because every administration is worse than its predecessor. This means we are heading to doom with the way things are going and the citizens are too hungry to ask which way?

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Yoighaman(m): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
You make about N9M to N10M per annum as a young man, not bad.

Travel abroad often in order to carefully research if it is a move you'd like to make. Once you are convinced you really want to relocate, then please do; but don't relocate blindly. Relocate legit, if you must.

4 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Nawteemaxie(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
Not this stupid question again! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by emmyvet(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.

You are an IT guy, it depends on what you want.

Is not bad to travel and then spend the next 5 to 7yrs getting a new passport and building an international reputational even if you decide to come back home in future you can do that easily with remote job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by yusuf0876(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
You don't need to japa,u re doing well and your online side hustle will favour you more here in Nigeria coz of the rate of naira to dollar,when you have the money here in Nigeria enjoyment is 💯 compared to abroad and I'm also sure ur pay will increase as time goes on.
Re: To go or stay in naija by MrBroke(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
So I currently work as a system admin in a new generation bank where I earn almost 500k while also having a side hustle that pays me 400dollrs monthly, I’m thinking of relocating as my sis and her husband have been on my case to migrate, I am in my early 30 no serious relationship just figuring if japa is the way cos my remote job actually pays me better if I’m here than leaving just need advice on this.

Nigga you better keep your ass here. Don't let the big exchange rate decieve you cause that rate becomes dead once you out of here, you face reality, so if the current pay is your reason then don't but if not that then you can leave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by Taiwo20(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
Some people are better off staying than traveling
You can’t skip, postpone or avoid bill abroad.
You can decide not to pay PHCN and water bills for two months buy charge your power bank and getting water elsewhere in Nigeria.

Abroad is lonely, even for those that have spent long term there.

With your income and side hustle, I cannot advise you except if you are willing to pay.
Spend two hours in your bathroom and up will come up with a decision.

P.S: If you decide to go, kindly hand over your side hustle to me.

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by adinoyi360: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
How some people will leave a comfortable life and choose to be a slave in another man's country still baffles me.
Guy if you don't a have a job or jobs waiting for you there, Oga stay here in Nigeria.

Abeg tell us your side hustle boss
Re: To go or stay in naija by romelady(f): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
Biko teach me the side Hussle that pays you 400$ per month... Help a sister
Re: To go or stay in naija by zed7: 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
This topic is over flogged it's becoming irritating. People should do what they deem fit. Social media has made everyone become a slowpoke.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To go or stay in naija by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
I make this much per month and I make that much naira in side hustle? Should I japa. Are you here to brag how much you make to oppress people here? Share your hustle, help a nigga out
Japa if you want to
Re: To go or stay in naija by karkinase(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Abeg before you japa .. teach me that ur $400 remote job wink

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Captaincool1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

No Japa ooo if na UK you dey come with the money you dey earn so.
Re: To go or stay in naija by xristos(m): 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
This topic is overflogged na..
Do what you please abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by winner37(m): 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

See this man , just the play !!!
See opportunity some like me am praying for but you just received on plater of gold and smatched on the mud....wait how are you seeing this Nigeria self ?

Sha, is a choice to make , you stay here or japa .
Re: To go or stay in naija by Backpedal: 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
Jaaapa
Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
A305:
It's better to be a king in the village than than being a peasant in the city.

If you earn in dollars and also earn good on your regular bank job. You doing better than 60% of Nigerians. And you get to enjoy the slippage different of dollar over naira exchange — as at today naira to a dollar is 820 in the black market.

Just invest wisely here and you would be good. Even if you do bad in investment, your constant dollar earning would afford you the opportunity to try out other opportunities.

On the flip side, when you eventually japa and begin to earn say 3000 dollars monthly, there are taxes to be paid and other expenses and in the process, you will be slow to build wealth, it will take you years compared to when you in Nigeria enjoying the Naira dollar slippage difference.

If you single, finding a wife there would be difficult except you japa-ing with your wife.

Oga stay back and secure your future here, save in dollars, invest with naira and stay ahead of the market here.
Story story.. make e save in dollar with 500k (650$) monthly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by FireUpNow(m): 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Guy just jwpw to th US or Canada fast. That side hustle I don't mind you teaching me if you can please. If you like call me a beggar. I beg to be taught the hustle man.
Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
adinoyi360:
How some people will leave a comfortable life and choose to be a slave in another man's country still baffles me.
Guy if you don't a have a job or jobs waiting for you there, Oga stay here in Nigeria.

You think everyone that migrate is a slave. Keep deceiving yourself. Person be Sys Admin expert. Just Dey play

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by mdan(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

This is out of your topic sir.
But I started learning programing recently like you did in 2019.
Can you be my mentor sir 🙏. I just started python basics
Re: To go or stay in naija by vickydevoka(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
sageb:

Since you have the funds to migrate, Japa to a good country like Germany,Canada,etc and don't look back.
Germany u said?
Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
You’ve a good skill so JAPA to Canada or Uk. Enter Cyber security cux you’ve a good foundation with your Sys Admin.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by bjdon: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:
Here is the best advice I can give you. Take some vacation from work, even if it needs to be some unapid time, at least 4 weeks, better 6 weeks. Go and visit the intended country you want to Japa to(I assume it's either Canada, US or UK) Make sure you go in Winter(As you have a good job, getting a visitors visa should not be a problem). When you get there observe how people live, how hard they work, what their social life is like. Observe all these for yourself, then return to Nigeria, and be totally honest with yourself on weather or not that life is for you.
Only YOU know what is right for you, people telling you to either go or stay are simply reflecting their own personalities. Make the choice for yourself, but be armed with all the relevant knowledg and facts.

3 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Honestfrend: 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

Bro please teach me any side hustle that pays online.. Abeg even if it's is less..
Re: To go or stay in naija by CodeTemplar: 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sultty:
japa, 500k does not do much for u. Even the side hustle can still continue when u get to the other side, so u work there and still continue your side hustle (I guess it's online side hustle)
400 USD is about N340k now. Maybe you didn't consider that.

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Biola67: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
adinoyi360:

The naija wey you Dey, Wetin be difference between you and a slave? undecided

1 Like

Re: To go or stay in naija by Jasonjay101(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
One thing i always tell people thinking, because they're making some kind of money here in Nigeria and turning down the opportunity of traveling out because of that is that, just think about that same amount of money you're making now some years back, like just 2 or 3 years back that money is a huge amount of money way better than what it is now. The insecurity on the naira is just so unpredictable that the naira is becoming so valueless than you can imagine and just as you're hoping things get better that same amount you're earning making you to think you're doing well might just becoming nothing. Yes there's inflation in the world economy but I can categorically tell you that the price of some commodities in USA, UK, china and some other countries are still same for at least past 5 years now and others are just slightly above but can we say the same of this country in the last 2 month ago self?? lastly be truthful to yourself with what you have to go through in this country growing up till now and one day your parents wakes up one day and tell you they actually have the opportunity to leave this country for a better country before they gave birth to you but they choose to stay back for whatever reasons, will you be totally happy they stayed back knowing you could probably be a citizen of that country by now. Baba if you have the opportunity to japa leave this country for a better country to do legit hustle abeg no waste time don't even think about it. I use to be so optimistic that this country will get better all through my secondary and uni days but seeing what's happening and the attitude of even some Nigerians during elections, I just have a bad feeling for this country.

2 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by Metrofox(m): 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
OBTOREPA:
You want to leave a country where you are treated like a king to go where you will be treated like a slave. Think about it, you have peace of mind here.

Peace of mind with fuel 600 Naira and dollar 800naora grin joker .. 500k is the new 250k of 2yrs ago.. continue believing in Nigeria until Nigeria happens to you...I hope you have sorted your children's next school fees...lol peace of mind indeed.. grin many people are still asleep , they don't realize that they are in an existential crisis at this point

3 Likes

Re: To go or stay in naija by eneyomike(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
Bro I'll advise you to japa, almost everyone is giving up on the country.. but before you go pls introduce me to your side hustle... bolt no d profitable for now 08169047998 ..thanks in anticipation
Re: To go or stay in naija by Dadaboy: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
colossus91:

i had to log into my nairaland account to tell you this.

i created this thread before and asked thesame question.

https://www.nairaland.com/6597531/advise-me-relocation-plan-money

today, i have residency in United Kingdom and Europe and i can’t be more thankful i ran away from that place called Nigeria. with so much growth and progress. don’t listen to the nonsense discouragement some of these people are saying and move away after making a proper research on a place that serves you best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To go or stay in naija by kkins25(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
youre earning over A million per month bro. I don't see the need to Japa, unless, you're certain u can earn at least $1500 per month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? / Top HND Holders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.