Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator (6388 Views)

Agnosticism / Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / What's The Difference Between A Religious Answer And A Scientific Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Whatever, at least you take it as fact without testing!

The point is, no testing of it but you take it as fact.

You can't say "You don't know just because of the purpose of this thread" you already take Big bang as fact.

So, you don't need to test before taking things as FACT. That's the point.
Do you have comprehension issues or you are dyslexic?
I said I don't know!
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

How does this address my point above?
I should be asking you the same.
We were having a perfectly sane discourse and you started quoting some fairy tales
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lemme humor you a bit.
Humans look for gods when they cannot fathom some phenomena like flood, disease etc. Now that science has ramped up its game and can give explanations for such, humans are seeing their folly in their god beliefs and recoursing to science. Areas that are more scientific inclined tend to disbelieve in gods.
Reason why Africa is more religious than Western world.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Has science helped to keep humans together as one big and happy family of peace loving creatures? That's what only the knowledge of God can achieve. Science belongs to everyone you can't give the wisdom beyond human understanding to science! wink
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

See an example of a “miracle” here 😂
I remember that case. Some christians were hailing the woman. I kept on telling them that the woman has a rare limb problem but it was like talking to break walls. Nigerians are truly daft

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Check your answer in the attached below
Good. That dictionary used an example. That is rising from the grave. Now if someone rises from the grave, do you see the person as a breathing and living being, or dead? grin
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you have comprehension issues or you are dyslexic?
I said I don't know!

I don't, I reply your post!

So if you don't know then you should ready to take any one thrown at you.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Has science helped to keep humans together as one big and happy family of peace loving creatures? That's what only the knowledge of God can achieve. Science belongs to everyone you can't give the wisdom beyond human understanding to science! wink
What is the definition of science? Is the aim to keep humans from killing each other? As a physician, is my job to defend criminals?
By the way, it has been found out your folks molest kids. So no, I'd rather stay away from JWs
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

I don't, I reply your post!

So if you don't know then you should ready to take any one thrown at you.
Lol. Ok.
Do you know me? Do you know if I have wings and can fly?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

I should be asking you the same.
We were having a perfectly sane discourse and you started quoting some fairy tales

What is fairy tale in that statement?

You didn't even bother to answer my question before you deviated.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good. That dictionary used an example. That is rising from the grave. Now if someone rises from the grave, do you see the person as a breathing and living being, or dead? grin

See question cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Ok.
Do you know me? Do you know if I have wings and can fly?

Out of the topic!
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

What is the definition of science? Is the aim to keep humans from killing each other? As a physician, is my job to defend criminals?
By the way, it has been found out your folks molest kids. So no, I'd rather stay away from JWs
That's why i believe SCIENCE belongs to humans in general whether you want to search for God or not so think intelligently because the Bible talks about things relating to science doesn't make it a science textbook.
The title GOD connotes SUPREME BEING not SCIENCE PROFESSOR/TEACHER, the one who is supreme only needs to maintain peace within His domain. That's what is expected of God! smiley
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

Theism and Atheism are greek words and it refers to “theos”, look up what “theos” are and ask yourself if they have the ability to exist or not.
An agnostic does not have knowledge of what he is, he is sympathetic to the monotheist god.

Just show how agnostics are sympathetic to a monotheist god then you would be listen to . That's all.

You have not proven anything
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Just show how agnostics are sympathetic to a monotheist god then you would be listen to . That's all.

You have not proven anything

Which “god” is the agnostic talking about?
Let him define it.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

Let the agnostic define what is “god”?
What makes a thing to be a “god”?
Some people god is a stone, a stone does exist.

And when you say this god created the universe, define universe?
Universe means existence
So Do you mean this “god” created existence?

Agnostics have not made any God claim and so cannot explain anything to you .

An agnostics is doubter not a believer
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Agnostics have not made any God claim and so cannot explain anything to you .

An agnostics is doubter not a believer
Yes they have made claims, they said they don’t if “god” exist or not.
Let them define the “god” that they don’t know exist or not.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

Which “god” is the agnostic talking about?
Let him define it.

He is not talking about any god.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

He is not talking about any god.

What does a “god” mean?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

Yes they have made claims, they said they don’t if “god” exist or not.
Let them define the “god” that they don’t know exist or not.

You're wrong.

If at any time an agnostic makes a God claim, he does so hypothetically; "if a God were to exist ,then" ..........

That's not affirming anything real
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

What does a “god” mean?

I should be asking you that.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

If at any time an agnostic makes a God claim, he does so hypothetically; "if a God were to exist ,then" ..........

What does “god” mean that “if it were to exist?…l”
Where did the agnostic learn the word “god” why not “hrieub”?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

I should be asking you that.
Atheist means “without gods”.
Atheists are like people that don’t believe in santa, you call them “Asanta”.
Religions are Ideologies that’s why they are called Doctrines, you need to BELIEVE IT.

but agnostics are saying they don’t know if “god” exist or not
What does “god” mean then we know if it has ability to exist or not?

What qualifies a thing to be a “god”?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

What does “god” mean that if it were to exist?
Where did the agnostic learn the word “god” why not “hrieub”?

I said he is neutral on the matter.

He's looking up to you and the theist to explain it for him since both if you are the ones claiming knowledge on the matter of gods or creators

Theist have described thousands of creators in their different religion which you have rejected based on what you know.

An agnostic doesn't have all the facts yet to assert anything confidently on the matter.

You know better so educate him.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

He's looking up to you and the theist to explain it for him since both if you are the ones claiming knowledge on the matter of gods or creators

shouldn’t the agnostic asked what “god” means before jumping to the conclusion that he doesn’t know if a god exist or not?

He is neutral on the matter he has zero knowledge on?

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Theist have described thousands of creators in their different religion which you have rejected based on what you know.
That’s a lie, you mean monotheists?

I don’t think you even know what theist or religion means.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

An agnostic doesn't have all the facts yet to assert anything confidently on the matter.

You know better so educate him.
What tiny, little facts does the agnostic have on an English word called “god”?

Even theists don’t have all facts, what small facts does the agnostic have?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

Atheist means “without gods”.
Atheists are like people that don’t believe in santa, you call them “Asanta”.
Religions are Ideologies that’s why they are called Doctrines, you need to BELIEVE IT.

but agnostics are saying they don’t know if “god” exist or not
What does “god” mean then we know if it has ability to exist or not?

What qualifies a thing to be a “god”?

Agnostics only mentioned God hypothetically because they have not being able to confirm anything yet on the matter but relying on you and the theist for explanation. They simply have no clue or not sure what a God refers to .

Please go a find the meaning of agnosticism and what position they have taken .

I dont want to waste my time with unending arguments .
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Agnostics only mentioned God hypothetically because they have not being able to confirm anything yet on the matter but relying on you and the theist for explanation. They simply have no clue or not sure what a God refers to .
What is the definition of this “god” that you are purposely writing the “g” in capital letter?
Don’t you need to know what “god” means to know whether it’s a matter you can “confirm”?

Most agnostics are uneducated, they don’t even know what theists or atheists mean.

What does “theos” mean?

How can you be neutral to jargons if not that you have sympathy for it.

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Please go a find the meaning of agnosticism and what position they have taken .
What is the meaning of Theist and A-theist?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
Maynman:

What tiny, little facts does the agnostic have on an English word called “god”?

Even theists don’t have all facts, what small facts does the agnostic have?

As usual, you want to focus on superficial stuff

God is an English word which doesn't mean anything elsewhere.

It's the reality which it describes that's the most important thing, and what's that?

Can you describe it in your local language
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

As usual, you want to focus on superficial stuff

It's the reality which it describes that's the most important thing, and what's that?

Can you describe it in your local language

As usual you are showing your ignorance

Is atheism and theism an English word?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Stop lying!

you will soon know why i call agnostics, theists sympathizers mostly monotheists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? / Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / Post Your Funny Santa Claus Pictures Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.