Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator (6353 Views)

Agnosticism / Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / What's The Difference Between A Religious Answer And A Scientific Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
elated177:
Workch, how do you think thunder works? Would you say that thunder was created?

Another fruitcake. Worse than MadMax. On his own league
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Well you can't test Theists claim using scientific methods.

Theists claims are based on MIRACLES which means beyond natural processes and anything that beyond natural processes is beyond human comprehension.

If there should be a Creator called God then He should be the one who will tell us how to find Him and not us suggesting a way to discover Him.
How come he's suddenly shy and in hiding from his creation?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
At least you heed to instructions, now you're defending your so called faith in the midst of atheists and agnostics not just looking for JWs to exchange words.
Ọmọ that's commendable! cheesy

Emusan:

What is unstable in my posts you referenced?
If not because you're behaving like kid, I've been on this forum for more than 10 years and I can remember that I once told you that my first discussion on religion section was with Atheists. So cut the crab and face front.
You don't have to tell me or are you the one who invited me to this thread? If my posts are thoughtless and aimless then you won't find me important on this thread to single out.
I know you always learn from me. cool cool cool cool
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

I don't get your point here!

Well, you can't test miracles from God because it's never from Man.

Though many Theists as regards traditional religions claimed theirs can be tested.
So if we cannot test it, how did u know for a fact it happened?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

How come he's suddenly shy and in hiding from his creation?

You think so!
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

So if we cannot test it, how did u know for a fact it happened?

The same way you accept the fact Big bang happened.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
At least you heed to instructions

Who issued the instructions?

now you're defending your so called faith in the midst of atheists and agnostics not just looking for JWs to exchange words.
Ọmọ that's commendable!

That was because you're too dull because I've been doing that before you dream of joining this forum.... grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Who issued the instructions?
That was because you're too dull because I've been doing that before you dream of joining this forum.... grin cheesy grin cheesy

Everyone knows that except me! grin
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
The agnostic position when summarised is simply this;

I'm not going to take a definite position on the matter until I have all the facts concerning it .

In other words, I'm maintaining a neutral position, and not much interested in the discussion yet until there's enough evidence to assert something confidently.

That's it about agnostism at a glance.

Those who accuse agnostics of being sympathetic to theist don't know the difference between deism and agnosticism, and have also spoken from a position of bias .

A theist can equally make the same accusation since agnostics have not made any definite god claims, or support the ones made by any religion.

While an agnostic is someone who wants to be sure of what it really is before concluding, the theist and atheist, are opposed to each other from a position of false certainty caused by limited knowledge.

Deism shouldn't be confused with agnosticism. Deist, not agnostics, are the ones who claimed an unknowable God that doesn't interfere in human affairs.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

You think so!
Yup. In the Bible, he was all active and vocal, sending fire to consume peeps and all. Now… radio silence
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

The same way you accept the fact Big bang happened.
Actually the Big Bang Theory was postulated by a Christian like you. Not an atheist or agnostic.
Also there are competing theories about the origin of mankind, of which Big Bang is one of them.
My own decision…. Lets say I don't know. None of them have provided unassailable evidence to back their theories
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yup. In the Bible, he was all active and vocal, sending fire to consume peeps and all. Now… radio silence

Do you shout all the time?

He did that to achieve something and now it's time to wait for the judgement.

"The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." - 2 Pet 3:9
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

I'm not going to take a definite position on the matter until I have all the facts concerning it .

In other words, I'm maintaining a neutral position, and not much interested in the discussion yet until there's enough evidence to assert something confidently.

That's it about agnostism at a glance.

Those who accuse agnostics of being sympathetic to theist don't know the difference between deism and agnosticism, and have also spoken from a position of bias .

A theist can equally make the same accusation since agnostics have not made any definite god claims, or support the ones made by any religion.

While an agnostic is someone who wants to be sure of what it really is before concluding, the theist and atheist, are opposed to each other from a position of false certainty caused by limited knowledge.

Deism shouldn't be confused with agnosticism. Deist, not agnostics, are the ones who claimed an unknowable God that doesn't interfere in human affairs.

Okay. Nice theory.
Lets be practical.
Now answer this...
Is there a dragon hovering above your head right now? Yes or no is the answer.

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

How do you know there is no dragon flying above your head?
Its not a trick question. Just answer it direct
it's like asking me how do I know aliens don't exist
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Do you shout all the time?

He did that to achieve something and now it's time to wait for the judgement.

"The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." - 2 Pet 3:9
In The Book of His Noodly Limbs, Spicy chapter 4 verse 19 state "I, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I am God. I created all the other gods including Yahweh, Allah, and they all bow before me in obeisance"
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
Workch:
Its a yes or no question, kind sire.
Is it too difficult to answer?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:
Actually the Big Bang Theory was postulated by a Christian like you. Not an atheist or agnostic.

Whatever, at least you take it as fact without testing!

Also there are competing theories about the origin of mankind, of which Big Bang is one of them.

The point is, no testing of it but you take it as fact.

My own decision…. Lets say I don't know. None of them have provided unassailable evidence to back their theories

You can't say "You don't know just because of the purpose of this thread" you already take Big bang as fact.

So, you don't need to test before taking things as FACT. That's the point.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

In The Book of His Noodly Limbs, Spicy chapter 4 verse 19 state "I, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I am God. I created all the other gods including Yahweh, Allah, and they all bow before me in obeisance"

How does this address my point above?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Let the agnostic define what is “god”?
What makes a thing to be a “god”?
Some people god is a stone, a stone does exist.

And when you say this god created the universe, define universe?
Universe means existence
So Do you mean this “god” created existence?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Everyone knows that except me! grin

I like that! So upgrade your learning skills so that you won't be left behind in the things of knowledge.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Does the agnostic also want to be sure that “jeieu” exist?
Why is the agnostic so concerned about the word “god”?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Theism and Atheism are greek words and it refers to “theos”, look up what “theos” are and ask yourself if they have the ability to exist or not.
An agnostic does not have knowledge of what he is, he is sympathetic to the monotheist god.

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Do you even understand what is called Miracles?

I guess you don't!
What is a miracle, kind sire?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

See an example of a “miracle” here 😂

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Check your answer in the attached below

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2023
vdestro:

See another lie from devil scientist because he knows most nigerians church folk do not like sciences and are easily distracted by the toys and stupid boastings they make.

It is impossible to test the past Tests can only be carried out on things found or things fabricated.

It is impossible to test the past

Ever heard of carbon dating, Remote Sensing and Stratigraphy?
Which century did you pop out of? undecided
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
vdestro:

The test of a miracle is in itself in that it is beyond the natural course and flow we know.
So lets say you get diabetic foot and it got amputated. You show up in church and your pastor lays hands on you and pronounced you healed, but your foot is still missing.
20 years later, your foot is still off.
Pray, how do you determine if you're healed?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

So how do you test Moses parted red sea?

Was there any evidence it happened, in the first place?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Was there any evidence it happened, in the first place?

cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ if you can't figure out why humans from time immemorial and in all geographical locations on this planet are searching for God then there's no need mentioning me atheism is dead and buried! cheesy
Lemme humor you a bit.
Humans look for gods when they cannot fathom some phenomena like flood, disease etc. Now that science has ramped up its game and can give explanations for such, humans are seeing their folly in their god beliefs and recoursing to science. Areas that are more scientific inclined tend to disbelieve in gods.
Reason why Africa is more religious than Western world.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

I like that! So upgrade your learning skills so that you won't be left behind in the things of knowledge.
Hen! cheesy
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
Workch:
Just answer the question sire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Christ Is Coming Soon! / Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.