Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator (6399 Views)

Agnosticism / Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / What's The Difference Between A Religious Answer And A Scientific Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

abrahamic religion.
When it comes to religion matter, you are little.
Christianity and islam is from Judaism, Judaism is from yahwism, yahwism also gave rise to Samaritanism.

Judaism was influenced by Zootranism. Zoostranism and Hinduism from the same root.

I didn’t become an atheist because i was without knowledge.

Look up zeus, a greek god.
What’s the origin of the word zeus, does it take you back to sanskirt, as in vedic, as in Hinduism lol.
Do you now know what “greek gods” mean?

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

Goodday
If you look up the word “chaos” it means disorder, but that exact meaning is from someone’s perspective, it wasn’t because of usage.

In his work “Metamorphoses,” Ovid proclaimed that chaos was not a void, a chasm, or empty space as its original Greek meaning suggested. Instead, he described it as a disorganized mass.

The word didn’t “evolve”, it was someone opinion that you are gobbling.
If you want to know what chaos TRULY means. Look up the origin of the word.

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
triplechoice:

No . We are not talking that.

you talking to yourself.

I have left you.

Goodday
he argues off point, makes the whole argument tiring and directionless. That's why I ignore him
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Workch:
he argues off point, makes the whole argument tiring and directionless. That's why I ignore him
When you understand what “god” means, then you will see the foolishness in agnosticism.

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by vdestro: 5:45am On Jul 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

So lets say you get diabetic foot and it got amputated. You show up in church and your pastor lays hands on you and pronounced you healed, but your foot is still missing.
20 years later, your foot is still off.
Pray, how do you determine if you're healed?

Who told you that a miracle only occurs when at the hands/mouths of a pastor?

Common sense already tells you that anyone who relies on a pastor for a miracle is not a christian and any pastor who says come to me for miracles is not a christian. That is a customer with his babalawo.

There is no way your amputated diabetic would be healed that he would not know and that he would not show all who were aware of his condition that he has received a miracle. And that is how a miracle is verified.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by vdestro: 5:58am On Jul 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ever heard of carbon dating, Remote Sensing and Stratigraphy?
Which century did you pop out of? undecided

Do all this devices not use the things found or fabricated things which are put in them or..., to do whatever work their maker claims it can do?

Did they enter "There is no God Motors to travel to the past to test it?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
Emusan:

See question cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
It may sound stupid. But that is fact. Just answer it
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
vdestro:

Do all this devices not use the things found or fabricated things which are put in them or..., to do whatever work their maker claims it can do?

Did they enter "There is no God Motors to travel to the past to test it?
So youre saying they are lying?
How did they reconstruct dinosaurs?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by vdestro: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

So youre saying they are lying?
How did they reconstruct dinosaurs?

I am happy that you see that they could be lying and that it is capable of being a lies as every thing used, whether big or small, down to the result they claim to have obtained is fully within their full possession and control and mannipulation.

Thus, all they say and claim is not True!
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 10:55am On Aug 01, 2023
vdestro:

I am happy that you see that they could be lying and that it is capable of being a lies as every thing used, whether big or small, down to the result they claim to have obtained is fully within their full possession and control and mannipulation.

Thus, all they say and claim is not True!
Dtruthspeaker, do you have comprehension issues? Where did I say they actually lied. I asked you a question if you think they lied. Then I asked you how you think they reconstructed the dinosaurs
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2023
Emusan:

Out of the topic!
No its not. Just answer the question. Why do people evade my questions here. First these agnostics, now this theist
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i believe SCIENCE belongs to humans in general whether you want to search for God or not so think intelligently because the Bible talks about things relating to science doesn't make it a science textbook.
The title GOD connotes SUPREME BEING not SCIENCE PROFESSOR/TEACHER, the one who is supreme only needs to maintain peace within His domain. That's what is expected of God! smiley
What are you on about? undecided
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

No its not. Just answer the question. Why do people evade my questions here. First these agnostics, now this theist

because your questions are pointless!

Imagine asking "if there is EVIDENCE of Moses parted red sea for it to BE TESTED"

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Ignorance makes many to conclude that they can prove the existence of God through physical things whereas in all cultures and traditions God/Gods has to do with none physical things. So whether God exist or not it can't be proved by anyone other than using an approach having to do with high intellect.

My uncle attended only secondary school so whenever he gets the sense of something that's difficult to grasp he will say
"I see"
Of course he isn't seeing anything that could be pointed to but it simply means he has grasped what others may fail to grasp.

That's how to approach the understanding of God but it's a pity that the REAL atheists have blindfolded many with lies making them feel that God must be seen, heard or even touched before they can be satisfied that He exist.

Most people claiming atheists today are the results of false religious ideas spread by REAL atheists who are claiming pastors! Matthew 7:16-18
What is this sodomist saying?

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
Maynman:
“ My uncle attended only secondary school so whenever he gets the sense of something that's difficult to grasp he will say
"I see"
Of course he isn't seeing anything that could be pointed to but it simply means he has grasped what others may fail to grasp.”

Wtf is this 😂😂
Same response I had. Really MadMax needs a shrink fast. He's losing his grip on reality

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
elated177:
jae, you are the fruitcake. Are you ready to engage me on his behalf?
Bring it on!
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Workch:
I can't answer it, I can't answer whether or not I believe in aliens. Why should I believe or disbelieve if I csnt just b neutral and wait for evidence
I didn’t say anything about aliens, sir.
Lemme rephrase…
DO YOU SEE ANY RED DRAGONS HOVERING OVER YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW?
Its a simple question but its obviously giving you agnostics sleepless nights. I have asked you, Wilgrea, A001 and TripleChoice who are the noted agnostics here, but all I get is all flavors of dodge tactics.
CAN YALL PLEASE ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

What are you on about? undecided

SCIENCE is what God left to humans for us to work on the things He made and continue discovering a lot through research. He didn't want to tell us what we can achieve through scientific research but gave us the freewill to explore that's why the scriptures say :

Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” Genesis 1:28

He gave us His blessings to continue in making more things through scientific research and we can never ever get to the root of all the things He made we can only continue to improve daily:

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish. Ecclesiastes 3:11

So how do you expect Him to start telling us how to make electricity if truly He created us with the ability to invent?

Have you ever wondered why birds had legs that could stand on electric wires without been electrocuted?

Ọmọ the one and only area God doesn't want man to think towards is RULING OVER HIS KIND apart from that God gave mankind freewill to explore this planet! smiley
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2023
Workch:
the question it's a loaded question and false dichotomy.
You have to understand that some people are neutral and they will ewit for evidence for or against
How is that loaded? Just like somebody asking you if are in Lagos or not. Its either you are or aren't

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:14am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

What is this sodomist saying?

Atheist calling someone "SODOMIST" when he himself can't even prove LGBTQ as something evil. cheesy

Ọmọ calm down and let's reason instead of been judgmental like religious fanatics! smiley
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2023
vdestro:

Who told you that a miracle only occurs when at the hands/mouths of a pastor?

Common sense already tells you that anyone who relies on a pastor for a miracle is not a christian and any pastor who says come to me for miracles is not a christian. That is a customer with his babalawo.

There is no way your amputated diabetic would be healed that he would not know and that he would not show all who were aware of his condition that he has received a miracle. And that is how a miracle is verified.

So in effects, when someone is 'healed', we can ascertain it, right?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
Emusan:

because your questions are pointless!

Imagine asking "if there is EVIDENCE of Moses parted red sea for it to BE TESTED"

cheesy grin cheesy
No. They are intelligent questions. If its pointless, answer it and prove to me they are pointless.
Is there evidence that Moses in fact parted the Red Sea? If you have any, lets have it
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
Workch:
I can't answer it, I can't answer whether or not I believe in aliens. Why should I believe or disbelieve if I csnt just b neutral and wait for evidence
If they ask you, do you “believe” in god, it is either yes or no.

It is different if they ask you do you “know” god.

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by vdestro: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dtruthspeaker, do you have comprehension issues? Where did I say they actually lied. I asked you a question if you think they lied. Then I asked you how you think they reconstructed the dinosaurs

See twisting because you see how i have stuck it to you that they are lying and can lie and you are very displeased with it.

You saw i said that "you appreciate that they can be lying since everything from beginning to end comes from their mannipulation". Therefore, they cannot be believed. You saw it, so you can not change it.

And if you dont have anything reasonable to say, then i part.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by vdestro: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

So in effects, when someone is 'healed', we can ascertain it, right?

Sure!
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2023
Workch:
Why should I believe or disbelieve if I csnt just b neutral and wait for evidence
If you get the evidence you will no longer need to “believe or disbelieve”, you will KNOW.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

SCIENCE is what God left to humans for us to work on the things He made and continue discovering a lot through research. He didn't want to tell us what we can achieve through scientific research but gave us the freewill to explore that's why the scriptures say :

Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” Genesis 1:28

He gave us His blessings to continue in making more things through scientific research and we can never ever get to the root of all the things He made we can only continue to improve daily:

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish. Ecclesiastes 3:11

So how do you expect Him to start telling us how to make electricity if truly He created us with the ability to invent?

Have you ever wondered why birds had legs that could stand on electric wires without been electrocuted?

Ọmọ the one and only area God doesn't want man to think towards is RULING OVER HIS KIND apart from that God gave mankind freewill to explore this planet! smiley
Even basic high school science explained why birds don't get electrocuted on live wire. But an Intelligence Officer doesn't know. SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Emusan(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

No. They are intelligent questions.

It's actually unintelligent question.

If its pointless, answer it and prove to me they are pointless.

I should answer a pointless question shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is there evidence that Moses in fact parted the Red Sea? If you have any, lets have it

If you have evidence what do you still want to TEST?

That shows you don't understand yourself.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Atheist calling someone "SODOMIST" when he himself can't even prove LGBTQ as something evil. cheesy

Ọmọ calm down and let's reason instead of been judgmental like religious fanatics! smiley
To me, anyone that believes JWs are righteous is a sodomist. Take it or leave it

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:23am On Aug 01, 2023
vdestro:

See twisting because you see how i have stuck it to you that they are lying and can lie and you are very displeased with it.

You saw i said that "you appreciate that they can be lying since everything from beginning to end comes from their mannipulation". Therefore, they cannot be believed. You saw it, so you can not change it.

And if you dont have anything reasonable to say, then i part.
Did you skip your meds?
I’m really concerned about your mental health undecided
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:24am On Aug 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Even basic high school science explained why birds don't get electrocuted on live wire. But an Intelligence Officer doesn't know. SMH undecided

So who created them that way thousands of years before mankind discovered electricity?

My case has continue to hunt you but i'm not here to taunt you my guy so if you're not OK with my comments you can stop quoting me because i will continue to drag you towards the end you're scared of: EXISTENCE OF GOD! smiley
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 11:24am On Aug 01, 2023
vdestro:

Sure!
Good. So how come your fellow Christian here Emusan said miracles are spiritual and thus can't be proven physically?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? / The Essence Of Celebrating Good Friday / Where Are My Accusers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.