Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator (6338 Views)

Agnosticism / Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / What's The Difference Between A Religious Answer And A Scientific Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The question is not silly because there is no reason to take whatever anyone calls god to be anything more than nonsense. If you are agnostic about gods then it follows that you should also be agnostic about Jaeohoenix’s dragon.

If you say that Jaephoenix’s dragon is a silly idea and a nonstarter, then whatever you are agnostic about can be dismissed the same way. So, I changed dragon to god in your post.

Triplechoice and workch, can y’all see your folly now.

What’s the meaning of “god”, then we will know if “god” has the ability to exist or not.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The question is not silly because there is no reason to take whatever anyone calls god to be anything more than nonsense. If you are agnostic about gods then it follows that you should also be agnostic about Jaeohoenix’s dragon.

If you say that Jaephoenix’s dragon is a silly idea and a nonstarter, then whatever you are agnostic about can be dismissed the same way. So, I changed dragon to god in your post.

I didn't say it's silly idea. I said the question shouldn't be asked in the first place if he knows what he is doing.

There are good reasons to speculate or talk about the source of our universe, and it's why people everywhere have concluded about a God , big bang, or anything else closer to it ,but non whatsoever for flying dragons over people's head.

Tell me ,on what basis is he asking about that? How does it connect to anything tangible that normal people discuss everyday?

Your friend claimed not to ever see a flying dragon or believe in it, and it's also certain he doesn't know of anyone else who has ever seen or believed in it.

If that's the case, why asking another person in the same position as himself to prove why they cannot see what is not there ?

Is that not madness?

Who knows? He probably might be seeing one recently and wants to test if others are begining to see the same thing..Tell him to see a doctor or let him read about the "five whys of insanity" so he stop with the mad talk.

I only responded to him at first because of his mentions that I was running away and also to see if has anything to surprise me with, but non so far and you want to come and defend the craziness. You are jobless really

I think both of you can't stand the thought you might be making a mistake concerning the position you have taken on the matter and because of that wants to drag others who have decided to be neutral.

There are agnostics theist, I know, but I'm not that .So, don't try to use subterfuge to drag me into your usual fight with theists on this board.

This is the last response you will get from me concerning this issue.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2023
Maynman:

Triplechoice and workch, can y’all see your folly now.

What’s the meaning of “god”, then we will know if “god” has the ability to exist or not.

U LOVE USELESS DEBATES BASED ON BASELESS QUOTING OF GOOGLE

triplechoice,Workch,LordReed,
jaephoenix,Wilgrea7,budatuum,
etc have spent ten to twenty
to 30 years or more on this abominable bunkum
which is worse than the greatest
of rape tru the anus,damn damn damn......cuz itz self destroying
or u cant escape the brutal consequences....unlike dem french rapists devouring black women,u must regret wasting ur goddamned
time,spits on the future of seun.

let Dtruthspeaker try to be honest here,he also has a weakness that his children will never understanded in the
understanding of the understander.

The bala blu which leads to hocus debris in the name of zeh zu za can be summarised as an evidence of agbako agbako, ooooogbohhh, spitz on ur ancestors.

The greatest madness must be let loose till ur sanity is corrupted and ur disdain buried then we see crazy as they neva see us coming.

Not amen. angry
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 12:19am On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

I didn't say it's silly idea. I said the question shouldn't be asked in the first place if he knows what he is doing.

There are good reasons to speculate or talk about the source of our universe, and it's why people everywhere have concluded about a God , big bang, or anything else closer to it ,but non whatsoever for flying dragons over people's head.

Tell me ,on what basis is he asking about that? How does it connect to anything tangible that normal people discuss everyday?

Your friend claimed not to ever see a flying dragon or believe in it, and it's also certain he doesn't know of anyone else who has ever seen or believed in it.

If that's the case, why asking another person in the same position as himself to prove why they cannot see what is not there ?

Is that not madness?

Who knows? He probably might be seeing one recently and wants to test if others are begining to see the same thing..Tell him to see a doctor or let him read about the "five whys of insanity" so he stop with the mad talk.

I only responded to him at first because of his mentions that I was running away and also to see if has anything to surprise me with, but non so far and you want to come and defend the craziness. You are jobless really

I think both of you can't stand the thought you might be making a mistake concerning the position you have taken on the matter and because of that wants to drag others who have decided to be neutral.

There are agnostics theist, I know, but I'm not that .So, don't try to use subterfuge to drag me into your usual fight with theists on this board.

The Dragon is as qualified as gods to be “the source” of universe. Just because they haven’t “concluded about the Dragon” doesn’t mean it’s not the source.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 6:30am On Aug 07, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The Dragon is as qualified as gods to be “the source” of universe. Just because they haven’t “concluded about the Dragon” doesn’t mean it’s not the source.
How about aliens then?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:
How about aliens then?
“Alien” is a government propaganda that has ties with theosophy.
Who depicted “aliens” to be grey?

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:
How about aliens then?

Ignore that person.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 9:41am On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

Ignore that person.

How can you be “neutral” to something you are ignorant of but when we replace “god” with “dragon”, you were no longer neutral 😂

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:
How about aliens then?

What does agnosticism have to do with aliens?
What do nonsense like gods have to do with aliens?

An “alien” is simply a living organism on a planet other than earth and given the amount of planets that exists, it’s highly probable that these organisms exist. There is no supernatural or other mumbo jumbo regarding aliens.
Life exists on this planet so it follows that life exists on other planets.

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

Ignore that person.

Lol, the Dragon got your panties in a bunch? Shit, the Almighty Leprechaun hasn’t even shown up yet and you’re already discombobulated!

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
KnownUnknown:

What does agnosticism have to do with aliens?
What does nonsense like gods have to do with aliens?

An “alien” is simply a living organism on a planet other than earth and given the amount of planets that exists, it’s highly probable that these organisms exist. There is no supernatural or other mumbo jumbo regarding aliens.
Life exists on this planet so it follows that life exists on other planets.
What does a dragon got to do with agnosticism?

Is the dragon a creator?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:

Is the dragon a creator?
Do you believe in gods or not?

His followers claim He is a “god”, they can claim he is also a creator.
Is that not what “THEISM” is? It’s A BELIEF SYSTEM. Workch knownunknown

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
[quote author=Workch post=124943191Is the dragon a creator?[/quote]
Agnosticism is about gods not “creator”, is atheism about a “creator”?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:

Is the dragon a creator?

The Dragon created the world.

The Sun is the result of the Dragon’s breath when They thought “This expanse We have created deserves to experience the sensation of existence”.
Then , the Dragon thought, “Let there be an object to provide light and warmth, to nourish the earth and also cause destruction” and They took a deep breath and exhaled such that the Sun emanated from the Dragon and there was light and warmth along with destruction.
The Book of Scales and Fire - Chapter 3:16

The day turned into night, the birds chirped at the sudden darkness, the crickets came to life in a cacophony of clicking sounds. The Dragon’s spirit came down on The Twins and declared them the good and the evil to balance out creation. Then the Expanse opened up and the spirit descended like a seven-headed dragon and a roar was heard in the celestial realms, “These are Our progenies, in whom We are well pleased”
The Book of Brimstones and Sapphires - Chapter 4:19

The fool says in his mind, there is no Dragon.
Psalm 101

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

Is that not madness?

You're actually jumping the gun here. All this your hyperventilation is because you cannot prove that there is no red dragon swirling above your head right now. And I insist its there

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by jaephoenix(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:

Is the dragon a creator?
How do you know it/he/she/they isn't/aren't a creator/s?

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

It seems workch has a specific kind of “creator” in his mind.
Why does workch think a thing can be “omnipotent”, is it not a cartoon thinking to think there is a single thing capable of creating the universe?
Or to even use the word “create”, a human concept.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

I don't know, so why are asking when I don't know? When did I tell you that I know?
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The Dragon created the world.

The Sun is the result of the Dragon’s breath when They thought “This expanse We have created deserves to experience the sensation of existence”.
Then , the Dragon thought, “Let there be an object to provide light and warmth, to nourish the earth and also cause destruction” and They took a deep breath and exhaled such that the Sun emanated from the Dragon and there was light and warmth along with destruction.
The Book of Scales and Fire - Chapter 3:16

The day turned into night, the birds chirped at the sudden darkness, the crickets came to life in a cacophony of clicking sounds. The Dragon’s spirit came down on The Twins and declared them the good and the evil to balance out creation. Then the Expanse opened up and the spirit descended like a seven-headed dragon and a roar was heard in the celestial realms, “These are Our progenies, in whom We are well pleased”
The Book of Brimstones and Sapphires - Chapter 4:19

The fool says in his mind, there is no Dragon.
Psalm 101
ok, it's great if that's your own version of the story says the dragon created the world.
So how does this give existence against or for a creator? Which is the crux of agnosticism

I don't understand, do you have a comprehension problem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:
ok, it's great if that's your own version of the story says the dragon created the world.
So how does this give existence against or for a creator? Which is the crux of agnosticism
Agnosticism has nothing to do with “creator”. Your monotheistic doctrine that was indoctrinated into you still dey worry you.

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:

I don't understand, do you have a comprehension problem?

It doesn’t give evidence for or against a creator because it’s just nonsense I made up, which is akin to the other nonsense you call god. There is nothing different from the claims I make and any other claim about a creator because they are all fabrications. Also, the notion of “creator” is also baseless nonsense and that was already shown when queried about your so called “creator”.

The crux of agnosticism is that whatever extraordinary claim you can’t provide evidence for or against is “unknowable”, therefore you should be agnostic about the Dragon just like you are agnostic about whatever you mean by the “deistic god”.

I do understand you have critical thinking and comprehension problems.

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

You're actually jumping the gun here. All this your hyperventilation is because you cannot prove that there is no red dragon swirling above your head right now. And I insist its there

Then see a doctor urgently if you "insists its there"

Or read up "the five whys of insanity" to understand why you alone sees what others cannot see.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Dtruthspeaker: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

Then see a doctor urgently if you "insists its there"

Or read up "the five whys of insanity" to understand why you alone sees what others cannot see.

grin grin grin
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by triplechoice(m): 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Good if you believe so, but please take it to those whose position you're opposed to ,not me.

You should realise that your atheism is founded on the god claims of the two popular abrahamic religion, and you're ignorantly using that to generalise about others you're too lazy to investigate.

What is refer to as God or 'creator is not the same for every religion out there

For instance, for some, it's the universe itself or the different forms of energy that exist , ,meaning that, there's no external entity that has created anything.

If you happen to meet with those who strongly hold on to such believes, and you try to dismiss them with your alternative dragon god which is not seen,you would be laughed at ,taken to be insane, and advised to seek professional help urgently.

Those ones only 'deify' and reverence what they see and not what is imagined.

There are other god or 'creator' descriptions to talk of ,but the one I just explained is enough to let you see how and your friends have been displaying stubborn ignorance on something you not too well informed on.

Every religion has not accepted and imaginary 'creator' claim that you can dismiss with dragons or the stale flying spaghetti monster talk common amongs some atheist. That kind of mockery is a product of lazy thinking, and largely ineffectual to make any theist abandon their believes.

Just rest and stop the clowning
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

You should realise that your atheism is founded on the god claims of the two popular abrahamic religion, and you're ignorantly using that to generalise about others you're too lazy to investigate.
You should realise that your assumptions is founded on ignorance.
How many religions apart from islam and Christianity are monotheistic?
Only monotheist religions call their deity “creator”.

Not everyone is without knowledge like agnostics.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

Every religion has not accepted and imaginary 'creator' claim that you can dismiss with dragons or the stale flying spaghetti monster talk common amongs some atheist. That kind of mockery is a product of lazy thinking, and largely ineffectual to make any theist abandon their believes.
This is illiteracy, do Muslims accept yahweh as their creator? Or do christians accept allah as their creator?
How many religions has accepted Yahweh as creator?
So why should he expect other religions to accept his own dragon doctrine?
The same way other religions are claiming their gods to be creator he is also claiming the same, he doesn’t need acceptance from other religions.

I don’t think you even understand what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

What is refer to as God or 'creator is not the same for every religion out there

For instance, for some, it's the universe itself or the different forms of energy that exist , ,meaning that, there's no external entity that has created anything.

Don’t you then need to apply common sense and define what “god” means?
Some people “god” is a stone.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Workch: 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
KnownUnknown:

It doesn’t give evidence for or against a creator because it’s just nonsense I made up, which is akin to the other nonsense you call god. There is nothing different from the claims I make and any other claim about a creator because they are all fabrications. Also, the notion of “creator” is also baseless nonsense and that was already shown when queried about your so called “creator”.

The crux of agnosticism is that whatever extraordinary claim you can’t provide evidence for or against is “unknowable”, therefore you should be agnostic about the Dragon just like you are agnostic about whatever you mean by the “deistic god”.

I do understand you have critical thinking and comprehension problems.

How does your own version of a creator provide me with an evidence for or against a creator?

You don't get it at all.

There's no evidence for or against a deistic creator. It's why I don't believe or disbelieve, it doesn't matter if this deistic creator is your dragon, my alien or a leprechaun.
If you want me to believe it, bring evidence. if you don't believe it bring an evidence against it.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by Maynman: 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:

If you want me to believe it, bring evidence. if you don't believe it bring an evidence against it.
Are you not the one that should bring evidence why you don’t believe it?
Your quote should have said.
“ If you want me to believe it, bring evidence. And if i don't believe it i will bring an evidence against it.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
triplechoice:

Good if you believe so, but please take it to those whose position you're opposed to ,not me.[/quote

I’m not an atheist. The abrahamic gods are as ridiculous and fictional as the other gods from every other culture. That is not a statement of “belief” but what I know.

triplechoice:

At the organizational or individual level “god or creator” is baseless nonsense.

triplechoice:

That’s more bullshit. The universe is not god nor are the “different forms of energy that exist” god. Redefining things as god is just more nonsense.

triplechoice:

If you happen to meet with those who strongly hold on to such believes, and you try to dismiss them with your alternative dragon god which is not seen,you would be laughed at ,taken to be insane, and advised to seek professional help urgently.

Oh, I expect them to laugh just like I laugh at the nonsense that comes out of their minds. The laughter is the point because it shows just how ridiculous their god is. The Dragon and their gods (sky father, universe, energy, or whateverthefuck) are made from the same substance called bullshit.

triplechoice:

Those ones only 'deify' and reverence what they see and not what is imagined.

“Deify” what they see or their imaginary friend.
Doesn’t matter. Still bullshit.

triplechoice:

There are other god or 'creator' descriptions to talk of ,but the one I just explained is enough to let you see how and your friends have been displaying stubborn ignorance on something you not too well informed on.

Present other gods or “creator” descriptions and I’ll be here to call them bullshit. The arrogant ignorance of you lot is you act as if the bullshit you spew is somehow profound just because you call it “god”. When the same bullshit is called “dragon”, then you start whining.

triplechoice:

Every religion has not accepted and imaginary 'creator' claim that you can dismiss with dragons or the stale flying spaghetti monster talk common amongs some atheist.

Doesn’t matter what they accept when religion itself is based on bullshit. So, Dragons and Flying Spaghetti Monsters are in the same category as all their gods.

triplechoice:

That kind of mockery is a product of lazy thinking, and largely ineffectual to make any theist abandon their believes.

Just rest and stop the clowning

This kind of mockery is the product of a mind that isn’t handicapped by indoctrination, superstition, and ignorance. You inability to educate yourself and rid yourself of obvious nonsense doesn’t make what I say “lazy thinking”.

I’m resting well and i will never stop clowning. Religious beliefs provide too much opportunities for mockery. I don’t care if a theist abandons his beliefs but mockery might just make him keep his shit out of the public sphere.

3 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:
How does your own version of a creator provide me with an evidence for or against a creator?

It provides the umpteenth evidence that anyone can say make shit up about supernatural and claiming agnosticism about obvious bullshit is a valid position.
Re: Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator by KnownUnknown: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Workch:

You don't get it at all.

There's no evidence for or against a deistic creator. It's why I don't believe or disbelieve, it doesn't matter if this deistic creator is your dragon, my alien or a leprechaun.

I don’t want you to believe it or disbelieve it. I want you to see that it’s as nonsensical as your “deistic creator”. There is nothing to “believe” or “disbelieve”. I know your deistic creator is bullshit. It’s not a belief. I know for a fact it’s bullshit just like I know for a fact that the one eyed monster under your bed is bullshit. Fiction is fiction whether you call it “deistic creator” or “dragon creator”.

The only difference between the monster and your deistic creator is that the monster lives under your bed while the deistic creator lives outside the universe. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Anglican Church Honours Humanitarian Orby Agwuncha With Appreciation Award / Atheist Quotes / Where Else Will I Run To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.