Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? (10585 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Nigeria: Jigawa Polio Free For 2 Years - Emir / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by KnowAll(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2011
lthough there are others such as Kebbi, Bayelsa, Taraba

How can Bayelsa be amongst the list of unknown states. Are u telling me there are Nigerians who does not know the President comes from Bayelsa? undecided
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ebonyi state,south east of Nigeria.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aieromon(m): 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
A state where 70% of top civil servants and legislators stay in Kano.
Jigawa tops the list.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by MMM2(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
KWARA STATE is d worst angry
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
M M M:

Kwara least known in Nigeria ? Who be this one ?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by odumchi: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
Most popular States:

Lagos
Kano
Anambra
Rivers
Enugu
Kaduna
Imo
Ogun

Least Popular States:
Kebbi
Gombe
Jigawa
Nassarawa
Niger
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by olawalebabs(m): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2011
M M M:

KWARA STATE is d worst  angry
totally disagree
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by lagcity(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
M M M:

for where? Kwara is one of the twelve original states created by Gowon. Kwara na grandfather of other baby states in Naija.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by publisher(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2011
How can some people here mention Ebonyi as one of the least popular, when the whole country know about Abakiliki rice?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by moremi2008(m): 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
odumchi:

Most popular States:

Lagos
Kano
Anambra
Rivers
Enugu
Kaduna
Imo
Ogun

Least Popular States:
Kebbi
Gombe
Jigawa
Nassarawa
Niger

Niger is NOT a state. It's a country that shares a border with Nigeria in the North. I would definitely put Oyo State before Ogun State. Including Anambra & Imo states in the list is just silly! Nobody outside Imo and Anambra knows anything about the states besides the fact that they are both in the East.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
publisher:

How can some people here mention Ebonyi as one of the least popular, when the whole country know about Abakiliki rice?

How can Bayelsa be one of the least popular state when the whole country knows Jonathan is from there.

It has nothing to do with resource but general perception
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by asha80(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
moremi2008:

Niger is NOT a state. It's a country that shares a border with Nigeria in the North. I would definitely put Oyo State before Ogun State. Including Anambra & Imo states in the list is just silly! Nobody outside Imo and Anambra knows anything about the states besides the fact that they are both in the East.

the first bolded shows you are a dunce.

second bolded ignorance is not bliss.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Jarus(m): 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
Thanks to the Saraki family, my Kwara no dey carry last for popularity.

Top 5 most popular:
1, Lagos
2, FCT
3,Kaduna
4,Kano
5, Rivers

Least 5
1, Ebonyi(as politically conscious and current I usually am, I dont know the governor of this state. I even do sometimes forget the capital)
2, Taraba
3, Kebbi
4, Jigawa(save Sule Lamido, could have also ranked lower)
5,Gotta throw a coin btw Gombe and Nasarawa.

Meanwhile, I read someone mention Anambra in the list of Top 5, even ahead of Kaduna and Kano, well, go to a village in Kebbi or Zamfara state and tell an average man on the street you're from Anambra, if the response you get is not 'where is that?' then come back and tell what it is.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Relax101(m): 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
moremi2008:

Na aw o. na so e bad reach. How can a Nigerian say all this trash, ehh? Abi we go blame Goodluck Jonathan for your blissful ignorant rants?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by asha80(m): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
Jarus:

Thanks to the Saraki family, my Kwara no dey carry last for popularity.

Top 5 most popular:
1, Lagos
2, FCT
3,Kaduna
4,Kano
5, Rivers

Least 5
1, Ebonyi(as politically conscious and current I usually am, I dont know the governor of this state. I even do sometimes forget the capital)
2, Taraba
3, Kebbi
4, Jigawa(save Sule Lamido, could have also ranked lower)
5,Gotta throw a coin btw Gombe and Nasarawa.

Meanwhile, I read someone mention Anambra in the list of Top 5, even ahead of Kaduna and Kano, well, go to a village in[b] Kebbi or Zamfara state and tell an average man on the street you're from Anambra, if the response you get is not 'where is that?' then come back and tell what it is[/b].

seriuosly doubt that .
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Skii(m): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
Hmm, i didnt know where Jigawa was until I saw my NYSC posting letter. Infact I thought it was a mistake because i was expecting LG(Lagos cool cool) omo na lie o, na JG (JIGAWA shocked shocked).The only other info I had about Jigawa was because of primary school, where we learnt states and capitals.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2011
How its Ebonyi state least known

You all forgot a name

~ Adamawa ~

News from there is just far and between

Me thinks its all a vast expanse of land with nomads with herds of goats and cows only.  tongue
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by MeGaStReEt: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
Kebbi
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by publisher(m): 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
Quote from: moremi2008 on Today at 09:17:13 PM

Chineke!

Posted by: alj_harem
Insert Quote
Quote from: publisher on Today at 09:15:08 PM

How can Bayelsa be one of the least popular state when the whole country knows Jonathan is from there.

It has nothing to do with resource but general perception

Correction, your own perception!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2011
donspony:

How its Ebonyi state least known

You all forgot a name

~ Adamawa ~

News from there is just far and between

Me thinks its all a vast expanse of land with nomads with herds of goats and cows only.  tongue

adamawa is well known not only in Nigeria but all over the world

infact one of the most popular state in Nigeria
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
publisher:

Correction, your own perception!

Well the post by different people from different walks of life in Nigeria says it all.

Abakaliki rice is not well know compared to even Ofada rice, because it is eaten in the west and east unlike abakaliki
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by publisher(m): 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2011

adamawa is well known not only in Nigeria but all over the world

Adamawa ko',Gongola ni'.

Dont let Atiku's University decieve you!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
publisher:

Adamawa ko',Gongola ni'.

Dont let Atiku's University decieve you!

Yes, that University attracts people from far away ogun and river state to as far as UK and America.

In fact a foreign columnist wrote that American University of Nigeria uses up to 50% of the Nations Internet. Thus even more than the entire Lagos state. That should tell you the hight of the University
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
alj_harem:

adamawa is well known not only in Nigeria but all over the worl
d

Disagree!!

And who that saying Niger is not a state? Na wa o.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
donspony:

Disagree!!

And who that saying Niger is not a state? Na wa o.

LOL grin grin grin grin

Why do you disagree ?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by 1Dray(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
Whosoeva rates Ebonyi as 1 of the least unknown states must get 'em head examined. Ebonyi has always bn an household name when it comes producing men of integrity over d years in ds country. Go nd make ur research very well, Though a part of Ebonyi, as bn dragging d name of the state backward. But d fact remains dt in any higher institution of learning in ds country, most of d best students are from Ebonyi,
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by malele(m): 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
pls does anybody know whats wrong with nairalist.com
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
1Dray:

Whosoeva rates Ebonyi as 1 of the least unknown states must get 'em head examined. Ebonyi has always bn an household name when it comes producing men of integrity over d years in ds country. Go nd make your research very well,  Though a part of Ebonyi, as bn dragging d name of the state backward. But d fact remains dt in any higher institution of learning in ds country, most of d best students are from Ebonyi,  
fu-ck me ! Ebonyi is only known for salt and for producing old men as governors.so fu-ck off !
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
Lol. That person need deliverance.

Hardly hear nowt from there. All I know about its existence is from the mandatory 'state and capital' poem we all had to learn from Primary school.

Or maybe its just me ?   embarassed

alj_harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin

Why do you disagree ?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by 1Dray(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

fu-ck me ! Ebonyi is only known for salt and for producing old men as governors.so fu-ck off !
Get bleeped!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by 1Dray(m): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

U must b sick, Maybe its high tym u get ur head examined. If u dont knw a thing or u aint sure abt something u dont jst come here nd bla, I said go nd do a good survey of wats on ground nd stop 'bla'ing out here. Get bleeped!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by freecocoa(f): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
moremi2008:

Are you for real or is it that I can't read and understand again?cos my niece in nursery 2 won't sound like this,you need to learn how to recite the 36 states and their capitals ASAP,I'm sure you don't know it.jesu mere anyi ebele na obodo.

@ Topic How can Ebonyi be infamous when half or more of the nation eats Abakaliki rice?
Taraba tops my list of infamous states
Katsina
Zamfara
Yobe
Kebbi
Osun(my friend who was posted here thought it was an error)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates / Gani Adams: NNPC Officials, Police Frustrate Efforts To Prevent Oil Theft / Meet The New Chief Of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.