Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? (10587 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Nigeria: Jigawa Polio Free For 2 Years - Emir / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2011
1Dray:

U must b sick, Maybe its high tym u get your head examined. If u dont knw a thing or u aint sure abt something u dont jst come here nd bla, I said go nd do a good survey of wats on ground nd stop 'bla'ing out here. Get bleeped!
Survey wetin ? Lmao. . . .That your shiithole has not produced anything in Nigeria.list the achievements of the state if there is any or else my point about ebonyi being known for salt and producing old men as governors stand ! Mofo
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2011
freecocoa:

Are you for real or is it that I can't read and understand again?cos my niece in nursery 2 won't sound like this,you need to learn how to recite the 36 states and their capitals ASAP,I'm sure you don't know it.jesu mere anyi ebele na obodo.

@ Topic How can Ebonyi be infamous when half or more of the nation eats Abakaliki rice?

How can you say half of the nation eats abakaliki rice

be truthful to urself, abakaliki rice is not even 2 % of the national rice

we import majority of our rice and even the national grown rice is Ofada rice which everyone is familar with, how can you now call abakaliki rice ?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by freecocoa(f): 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
Well I for one just saw that name OFADA for the first time in my life today but I've been hearing abakaliki rice since I was a kid(mind you I was born and bred in the north)take it or leave ebonyi is not on the list of infamous states in nigeria.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Xtranoble: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
i actually thought AKWA IBOM with capital at Uyo and Gov. Godswill Akpabio would be among the unpopular state, but i now see that some states like Yobe, jigawa, Ebonyi, Osun, even Niger is not in anyway popular based on my location down south
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
What is abakaliki rice ? Is it like the imported ones ?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by benzion72(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
I served n Jigawa State in 1999, Gwaram Local government then Alhaji Saminu Turaki was the governor. It may not necessarily be an unknown state but you have started a campaign here to popularize your state
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
benzion72:

I served n Jigawa State in 1999, Gwaram Local government then Alhaji Saminu Turaki was the governor. It may not necessarily be an unknown state but you have started a campaign here to popularize your state
better ! grin
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by http(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
Hey, atleast i know Jigawa well enough, Hadeija is cool as capital city. wink
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by musawisdom(m): 12:41am On Oct 10, 2011
There is something very small like a pinch of salt u can do to make jigawa popular as a state. Why can't u try a bomb. The nxt day u'll realise dt jigawa will b the world talk
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by emiye(m): 12:47am On Oct 10, 2011
I guess Yobe state, and most likely the least developed.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by ak47mann(m): 1:07am On Oct 10, 2011
Nigeria: Masterweb Team Scores Governor Obi High

Masterweb team was on the ground in Awka August 25 to 27 for celebrations marking the twentieth anniversary of the creation of Anambra State. Anambra was created on August 27, 1991 by the military government of General Ibrahim Babangida. Our team operating as independent observers travelled across the state on August 25 inspecting projects by Governor Obi’s administration. The team began their trip at 9.00 am ending at 7.00 pm when it was getting dark and did not completely cover all the targeted projects. Our team returned to Anambra on August 30 after the celebrations to visit remaining projects.

It took us this long to file a report on our assessment of Governor Obi’s performance which we are rating “excellent”, because we employed both visual, common sense and scientific methodology in arriving our rating. We visually saw the projects and not a third party describing them to us, used common sense to assess them and scientific methods to cross-check assumptions and conduct accurate analysis.

In our analysis we compared Anambra State under Governor Obi to other states in Nigeria and not in the United States nor anywhere-else in the developed world. Comparison of a Nigerian city or state to any place in the developed world can not be made until the federal government delivers on her responsibilities. The infrastructural and power supply situation in Nigeria is shameful, to say the least. These are constraints among others, in the ability of a non-corrupt efficient governor doing his best.

In our statistical comparative analysis, the performance of Governor Obi was above the mean (average) and significantly too. Using a confidence interval around the mean of 3 standard deviations, Obi's score was determined to be statistically significant. This ranked him one of the best governors in the country.

In the analysis we rated the projects by Obi’s administration assigning each project a number between 1 to 10 (10 for excellent), adding up the total and deriving the mean value. We came up with mean values for other states from figures from members of our team and reliable contributors, in a survey organized for that purpose. These were the numbers we used in our statistical analysis.

In the next couple of days we will commence the release of our inspection reports and photos. Our reports will be on few projects at a time, to enable readers devote more time and attention on each project.

Projects visited and inspected by our team include:

1. Amaku University Teaching Hospital

2. Anambra State Ultra Modern Fire Service Headquarters & State Emergency Management Complex, Awka.

3. New Anambra Govt. Secretariat (Twin Building)

4. Roads: Dualized Awka-Enugu Road (Zik’s Ave); Ora-eri-Obeledu-Akwaeze-Igbo Ukwu Road; Anambra State University, Uli Campus Road;

5. Alex Ekwueme Square

6. Prof. Kenneth Dike Library

7. Hydraform Block Industry

8. Anambra State Housing Development Corporation

9. Anambra State College of Agriculture, Mgbakwu

10. Obibia Bridge linking Okpuno and Mgbakwu

11. Neem Fertilizer Company

12. Otuku Bridge linking Umueze Anam – Nmiata

13. Faculty of Law, Moot Court, Library & Dept of Mass Communication –Anambra State University, Igbariam.

14. Onitsha Business Park

15. Onitsha Judges Quarters

16. Ministry of Justice

17. Onitsha North Local Govt. Headquarters

18. Onitsha Governor’s Lodge

19. Kidney Dialysis Center & Resident Doctors Quarters – Onitsha General Hospital

20. Justice Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium Onitsha North

21. Onitsha South Local Govt. Mini Stadium

22. Sabmiller Brewery (South African Brewery attracted to Anambra by Gov. Obi)

23. Obizi Water Scheme (Main Station at Uga, Booster Station at Uga, Reservoir Tank at Uga & Booster Station at Nkpologwu)

24. Ekwulobia Erosion Site Gully

25. Agulu Aguinyi Water Scheme

26. Odor Bridge linking Awgbu and Amaokpala

27. Comprehensive Secondary School, Nwafia (rebuilt by Gov. Obi)

28. Amansea-Ebenebe Road Bridge

29. Women’s Development Center (Rebuilt by Gov. Obi)

30. Okija Road Project (Okija to Ogbaru) & Okpu Bidge, Okija.

31. Dept. of Biochemistry - Anambra State University, Uli Campus

32. Lilu Road Project

33. Anambra State Judiciary High Court Complex

34. Umunze Cottage Hospital

35. Ekwulobia General Hospital (upgraded by Gov. Obi)

Anambra State is one of the names that can not be omitted in the history of Nigeria and Igboland. It has always been at the forefront of issues in Nigeria and South East Region. This is the reason why Anambra is among the places Masterweb has reportorial interest. Masterweb independently covered Anambra State Association-USA (ASA-USA) ‘09 Convention which held in Washington DC on October 24, 2009. In 2010, our team in conjunction with citizen reporters monitored (live) Anambra 2010 gubernatorial election. This year we were on the ground in Anambra touring the state and independently inspecting projects by Governor Obi’s government. Yes, eventually we touched down in Anambra to report the true situation of things in the state in terms of development. Masterweb is renowned for the authenticity and accuracy of her investigative, fact-finding and reportorial works. We do not operate based on hearsay, vindictive or tabloid reporting as some news media and authors have done in Anambra in the past.

Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by odumchi: 1:10am On Oct 10, 2011
Anambra is the second most populous southern state and third most populous state in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano so yeah it deserves a spot somewhere on the top.

Also many of Nigerias celebrities have originated from Anambra including Chinua Achebe.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by agentzakky(m): 1:23am On Oct 10, 2011
i would not say kebbi is unpopular coz argungun fishing festival put it on the map but states like gombe, taraba, ebonyi, jigawa are sure unpopular.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by moremi2008(m): 4:04am On Oct 10, 2011
Why do all these stupid states even matter?! It's not like there's anything worth discussion outside Lagos, Abuja and PH. The other places can just go hug a transformer and disappear from the face of the earth. Nobody cares about them!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by dayokanu(m): 5:17am On Oct 10, 2011
odumchi:

Anambra is the second most populous southern state and third most populous state in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano so yeah it deserves a spot somewhere on the top.

Also many of Nigerias celebrities have originated from Anambra including Chinua Achebe.

Stop lying

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

Rank State Population
1 Kano State 9,383,682
2 Lagos State 9,013,534
3 Kaduna State 6,066,562
4 Katsina State 5,792,578
5 Oyo State 5,591,589
6 Rivers State 5,185,400
7 Bauchi State 4,676,465
8 Jigawa State 4,348,649
9 Benue State 4,219,244
10 Anambra State 4,182,032
11 Borno State 4,151,193
12 Delta State 4,098,391
13 Imo State 3,934,899
14 Niger State 3,950,249
15 Akwa Ibom State 3,920,208
16 Ogun State 3,728,098
17 Sokoto State 3,696,999
18 Ondo State 3,441,024
19 Osun State 3,423,535
20 Kogi State 3,278,487
21 Zamfara State 3,259,846
22 Enugu State 3,257,298
23 Kebbi State 3,238,628
24 Edo State 3,218,332
25 Plateau State 3,178,712
26 Adamawa State 3,168,101
27 Cross River State 2,888,966
28 Abia State 2,833,999
29 Ekiti State 2,384,212
30 Kwara State 2,371,089
31 Gombe State 2,353,879
32 Yobe State 2,321,591
33 Taraba State 2,300,736
34 Ebonyi State 2,173,501
35 Nasarawa State 1,863,275
36 Bayelsa State 1,703,358
- Abuja Federal Capital Territory 1,405,201
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by odumchi: 5:27am On Oct 10, 2011
^^^

Those are outdated and inacurate census estimates not actual censuses. Today Anambra has a population of 8.5 million http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/html/anambra_state.html

Do not trust everything on wikipedia
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by dayokanu(m): 5:32am On Oct 10, 2011
^^ Can you show any actual census figure stat or quote that has it that Anabra is the second most populous SOuthern State in Nigeria?

Preferably a link

http://www.geohive.com/cntry/nigeria.aspx

http://www.citypopulation.de/Nigeria.html

So show us your source
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by GAR3TH(m): 5:43am On Oct 10, 2011
Anambra state population according to the states website 4,182,022

http://www.anambrastate.gov.ng/
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by odumchi: 6:55am On Oct 10, 2011
Didn't I give you a source?

Anambra is one of the most densley populated places in Africa with over 1500-2000 people per square mile. It is also the second most populous Southern state.

Here's one source: In this source the 2005 estimate was given at 7.8 million http://www.ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/anambra.htm

Here's another one where the 2010 estimate for Anambra state was 8.5 million. http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/html/anambra_state.html

Don't believe everything on Wikipedia, anyone can log into it and change the data or worse put up false data as you were given.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Kc3000: 7:06am On Oct 10, 2011
My good ol' Abia state is very well known, for some awesome things and a host of unsavory reasons:

-Aba made merchandise: Not necessarily a bad thing if given the proper support from government to make original brands.

- Legendary Aba crime.

- Kidnapping: Even Mexicans talk say we take am too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Orji Uzor Kalu: Such a noise maker, brought us unnecessary attention.

Orji Uzor Kalu's mother: Anyi atala ahuhu okpoo!

-Osisi ka Nkwu: RIP

-Bakassi boys: Our little gift to the South East, turned rogues.

- TA Orji: No comment.

- The Abia 5: Bunch of h.orny guys that just had to make a s.ex t.a.pe!!!! Guyz, for real

- PPA: Whatever happened to this little experiment?

At least, Enyimba FC still dey make small noise. We have had our spectacular moments, and there's loads of potential. So Hope dey.!!!!!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by darne(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2011
Taraba State I think,, Oh & Btw Admin Thanks For The Ban Lift Off !!!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by asha80(m): 7:47am On Oct 10, 2011
moremi2008:

Why do all these silly states even matter?! It's not like there's anything worth discussion outside Lagos, Abuja and PH. The other places can just go hug a transformer and disappear from the face of the earth. Nobody cares about them!

covering up for your foolish ignorance by saying niger state is not a state abi?

my friend go and learn about your country and stop displaying crass ignorance
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by olawalebabs(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2011
@moremi take correction,humble yourself, u disappoint most of us with your post.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by ITbomb(m): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2011
Calabar , who is the governor of calabar state
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by asha80(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2011
ITbomb:

Calabar , who is the governor of calabar state

so calabar is a state?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by chakula: 8:43am On Oct 10, 2011
Hmm, i didnt know where Jigawa was until I saw my NYSC posting letter. Infact I thought it was a mistake because i was expecting LG(Lagos ) omo na lie o, na JG (JIGAWA ).The only other info I had about Jigawa was because of primary school, where we learnt states and capitals.

For the bolded How old are you for making such comment, and when was the Jigawa created as state?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by nagoma(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2011
Are you for real or is it that I can't read and understand again?cos my niece in nursery 2 won't sound like this,you need to learn how to recite the 36 states and their capitals ASAP,I'm sure you don't know it.jesu mere anyi ebele na obodo.

@ Topic How can Ebonyi be infamous when half or more of the nation eats Abakaliki rice?

Is Abakaliki in Thailand?
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by nagoma(m): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2011

Agreed but Honestly Anambra is more well known for crimes and political upheaval , also the Okija shrine.
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by maclatunji: 11:15am On Oct 10, 2011
You will be shocked to know that most Nigerians do not know that Abakaliki is in Ebonyi State- that's for all of you shouting about Abakaliki rice!
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by aljharem3: 11:19am On Oct 10, 2011
nagoma:

Is Abakaliki in Thailand?
maclatunji:

You will be shocked to know that most Nigerians do not know that Abakaliki is in Ebonyi State- that's for all of you shouting about Abakaliki rice!

are you minding this people. Some times you just have to stop arguing with them so they would not chop ur head off.

95% of Nigeria rice consumption is from imported rice

while 4.5 is ofada rice which is well known of even abroad

0.5 other sources
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2011
nagoma:

Agreed but Honestly Anambra is more well known for crimes and political upheaval , also[b]the Okija shrine.[/b]
Couldnt have said it any better.just the same way osisikanku brought fame to Aba !
Re: Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? by Jarus(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

are you minding this people. Some times you just have to stop arguing with them so they would not chop your head off.

95% of Nigeria rice consumption is from imported rice

while 4.5 is ofada rice which is well known of even abroad

0.5 other sources

I am hearing Abakiliki rice for the first time on this thread, while I grew up knowing ofada rice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Pay Any Nairalander N500, 000 If...... / Nigerian Government Muzzling Dissenting Voices - Amnesty International / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.