Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded (75345 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by FireUpNow(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
kokoA:
If dem get money for tickets dem for no dey complain na.
Na one way ticket dem buy ni?
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Confirm4real(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
angry

I have lived in UK so I understand their plight...

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:

I guess you don't have anyone that's into farming to tell you their experience with herdsmen. And this is in south west.
Am here in the North and many local - rich families only farm, even my friends parents.

Do you know how big Nigeria is? Can you count how many villages and forest that are peaceful ?

Farming is the way out of trouble of hardship in this generation

7 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by omoadeleye(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
kokoA:
If dem get money for tickets dem for no dey complain na.

They can a UK citizen and they will be given a free ticket back to Nigeria
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bisimilahi772: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
HELLO NAIRALAND, I wish everyone one happy new week and happy new month in advance 💖💖

I need an advice. I got a Canada visit visa, I check the the travel expenses it very high at least 3M UP, I keep asking which work will I do there once I get there!!! I have not hear any advice on that regard. Can someone advice me will I get a good work with a travel visa or I should stay in Nigeria and work more. Or which hand work can I learn over here that will make good use for me in Canada. I currently own a bet9ja shop bariga Lagos.

Please I need advice no money to waste o

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Tinyemeka(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Japa crew will NEVER learn! angry

The best you will get from relocating abroad is change of location.

After years of trying to settle down, you return to almost the exact routine you had back in Nigeria - maybe even stricter. embarassed

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm running my personal projects, while my wife paid N12.5m of her own funds to buy land back in Nigeria, within a year of moving abroad. While she was in Nigeria, her employer was paying her N45,000 per month and doing guy on top.

What worked for Adam might not work for Adamu.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by ednut1(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
bisimilahi772:
HELLO NAIRALAND, I wish everyone one happy new week and happy new month in advance 💖💖

I need an advice. I got a Canada visit visa, I check the the travel expenses it very high at least 3M UP, I keep asking which work will I do there once I get there!!! I have not hear any advice on that regard. Can someone advice me will I get a good work with a travel visa or I should stay in Nigeria and work more. Or which hand work can I learn over here that will make good use for me in Canada. I currently own a bet9ja shop bariga Lagos.

Please I need advice no money to waste o
to get work visa some agents are charging 20k canadian dols. Hustle more use the visa to visit and come back hone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by ednut1(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Lol tales that never happened grin grin grin
it happens o. My dad’s former staff went to uk with his wife, 4 kids and the wifes mum on study visa, the mother in law visiting visa. Madam refused to help with bills and his outstanding school fees. Baba is working illegally over his 20 hours and battling depression.

11 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by tonicyril: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
kettykings:

What is your definition of doing well with naira exchanging at almost 800 to a dollar.
5 children is not really easy, they would nit have had issues with 2, but if the husband can take up extra jobs they will be fine

Is this not mental slavery?? Must u guys always measure in dollar??
Stop converting for us living in Nigeria bike, we re not spending dollars here, we re spending naira

If u can make significant amount if money in naira here that is sustaining ur luxurious life then u have no business relocating, unless u want to experience sufferness small

6 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Godsonkemz(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
You didnt see any European country other than UK that doesn't expect one to rise. If you have two cars, you must explain how you acquired the wealth. I would rather remain in Nigeria hustling than to travel to UK, except I want to relocate to Canada from UK.

My godfather, a chief gynaecologist and retired university prof who owns and operates a hospital in Nigeria travelled to UK to join his wife who has been there for decades, choosing a simple lifestyle in a paid apartment. A landlord of many houses in Nigeria but a tenant in UK.
If you are generous before relocating to UK, UK will eventually make you become stingy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bdon12: 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Am sure a travel agent with sugar tongue decieved them

Travel agent won't make heaven

But on a serious note, many Nigerians in diaspora make videos to warn people of the harsh reality abroad but we call them enemies of progress

If you have a good job or business in Nigeria, travel abroad on a return ticket which is two ways ticket and don't resign, or announce to anyone you are traveling abroad, don't go with your family at first

Can you wash and work as dish washer long hours with machine

Can you be a caregiver nanny to a dementia old shitting grandpa

Can you work as farm hand or picker

Can you drive long ours or construction site

Are you rugged

As someone that has been to over 15 countries n still living in naija.i tell u this,its not d poor who cannot afford to eat that are japaring...its those who are comfortable in naija n can afford d big expense involved.i tell u this,security of life n property is real reason.also securing anothet passport for their kids is d main motive n not necessarily for greener pastures.life expectancy is very low un naija.people hardly live beyond 50.something stupid n silly must jst kii u.its either police bullet,or accident, or kidnappers ...jst stupid tins that dont happen abroad.

7 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bisimilahi772: 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2023
ednut1:
to get work visa some agents are charging 20k canadian dols. Hustle more use the visa to visit and come back hone

Thanks for your response I have already gotten the Canada visiting visa. I’m asking what can I do to get a job or get something doing

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Ken4agent(m): 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2023
They were not informed the format Don cast since 18BC....it will take serious sacrifice mix with concious strategies to get out of the wrong move

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by ednut1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
bisimilahi772:

Thanks for your response I have already gotten the Canada visiting visa. I’m asking what can I do to get a job or get something doing
you can apply online too for jobs. Its hard because they prefer people with work status but miracle fit happen. U fit meet helper there too

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by headboyprince(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
bdon12:

As someone that has been to over 15 countries n still living in naija.i tell u this,its not d poor who cannot afford to eat that are japaring...its those who are comfortable in naija n can afford d big expense involved.i tell u this,security of life n property is real reason.also securing anothet passport for their kids is d main motive n not necessarily for greener pastures.life expectancy is very low un naija.people hardly live beyond 50.something stupid n silly must jst kii u.its either police bullet,or accident, or kidnappers ...jst stupid tins that dont happen abroad.
abeg tell them... they dont know... grin
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Too many fake stories just to drive in traffic. Sold house, car and borrowed millions and yet they couldn’t meet up with schools.
Most of you just want to paint abroad bad.
Please next fake story😂.

8 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by darkmarky(m): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2023
Eya
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by EconFinance: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
Godsonkemz:
You didnt see any European country other than UK that doesn't expect one to rise. If you have two cars, you must explain how you acquired the wealth. I would rather remain in Nigeria hustling than to travel to UK, except I want to relocate to Canada from UK.

My godfather, a chief gynaecologist and retired university prof who owns and operates a hospital in Nigeria travelled to UK to join his wife who has been there for decades, choosing a simple lifestyle in a paid apartment. A landlord of many houses in Nigeria but a tenant in UK.
If you are generous before relocating to UK, UK will eventually make you become stingy.

What's wrong with the second paragraph though?
Cos I see nothing wrong

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by lakefist(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
kettykings:

What is your definition of doing well with naira exchanging at almost 800 to a dollar.
5 children is not really easy, they would nit have had issues with 2, but if the husband can take up extra jobs they will be fine

Leave them make dem dey deceive themselves.

Abroad no be beans for starters but if they can persevere na dem go enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
And 25k is not small money in uk trust me. Most these stories are fake.
ba7man:
Your N 25 million is just £25,000.

The UK will collect all that money from you if you don't settle down on time with a job.

Some risk it and get lucky, some don't, just keep grinding.

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bisimilahi772: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
ednut1:
you can apply online too for jobs. Its hard because they prefer people with work status but miracle fit happen. U fit meet helper there too

Thanks my brother I will check the jobs online. Im thinking about the Qualification for the job I can apply for!!! because I’m planning on writing Weac next year I tried couple of times but im not getting maths hopefully I get it next year if I have not travel to Canada Amin!!! But surely before I leave I will check on jobs I can do and if you have any more advice edut we can exchange contacts thanks 🙏
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by lakefist(m): 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Too many fake stories just to drive in traffic. Sold house, car and borrowed millions and yet they couldn’t meet up with schools.
Please next fake story😂.

Content creators will make up anything to drive traffic. They will not share the good side cos it doesn’t attract traffic. But bad one Dey will sugarcoat it very well to make it look bad.

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by izicooo(f): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2023
Humanz & mistake are like tube & tire. Oh God deliver us from heavy/costly mistakes. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
Check your ticket and see the government taxes attached to it both local and international. It massive.
Dotherightthing:

Flight ticket is something else entirely. We are being extorted by the foreign airlines. angry

Dollar fluctuation is not an issue here jor.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Earthquakes: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2023
Afamed:
You sold a house here in Nigeria to relocate abroad where it will take you not less than 20 yrs to get a house of your own.

Oyibo JuJu don work on you

Lol it depends on how and what you relocated to abroad as.
I am less than a year in Canada but I have the base percentage to get a mortgage, mind you I didn't sell any property to leave too wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
They are all lairs. How can someone sell a house, car, and borrow millions and still not meet up with fee payment of 10k after part payment. The story is fake and fake all fake.
lakefist:

Content creators will make up anything to drive traffic. They will not share the good side cos it doesn’t attract traffic. But bad one Dey will sugarcoat it very well to make it look bad.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Slynation(m): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
An Igbo man will never try this nonsense. I'm very certain about that!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Ken4agent(m): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
juman:

She needs lot of money.
Starting from paying her own school fees, paying other bills, paying debt at home in nigeria etc.
To be able to pay all the bills, the couple will need to work like horses.

Horses only 🏃‍♂️ run now dem no dey work....he will need to work like camel and donkey..... grin

Some folks know what am saying grin

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by LastProphet: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Quintessence44:

Stupid mor.on. Your mother’s stinking cunt is a shithole.

Imbecil.es who learnt ‘shithole’ from racist Trump, and like cursed, stupid cretins, now using it against themselves.

Peabrain dunce, 80% of nations on Earth are DEVELOPING COUNTRIES like Nigeria, and that is what we call them - DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, not ‘shithole’, you stupid airhead.

A goat called emefiele ruined your currency by stealing and sharing our foreign reserve with friends and your DSS can only arrest him for possessing a pistol, that's what a shithole is and you must be an exceptional oaf not to know that
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by DaddyJapan(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Please next fake story😂.

You clearly have not heard of the 'cost of living crisis' or the 'working poor' in the UK..

My advice to potential japarists is to carry plenty of independent research before travelling up the creek without a paddle.
Ukaria (UK-area) ain't what it used to be.

Migrant NHS charges more than quadruple despite UK's worker shortages

...Despite a raft of well-documented worker shortages across a range of UK industries from engineering to hospitality, the NHS fee for international workers is set to go up to £1,035 a year - a 418% increase over five years.

That means a worker moving to the UK on a five-year visa, for example, would have to pay an Immigration Health Surcharge lump sum of £5,175 up-front, along with visa application fees, which will also go up.
Source: https://www.itv.com/news/2023-07-14/migrant-nhs-charges-more-than-quadruple-despite-uks-worker-shortages

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:
Not funny.

Everywhere is an abroad. A British residing in Nigeria is also in abroad

Na so a friend spent N30m relocating to UK with his family. He borrowed money, sold some of his things for 20hours work weekly while the wife can't work.

The way Nigerians at home glorify this japa of a thing, even those in abroad dare not give them contrary advice to think twice before leaping. 90% of Nigerian youth population is obsessed with japa.

6 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Discreet90:
All this bearer of bad news won't let us rest with their lies and deciet. Please how much do you think is the cost of the post work visa. They make it sound like a big deal. The post work visa fee is less than 800pounds per person. How can you tell us that a family of five that spent over 20,000 pounds to relocate. And probably living in a house of at least 1,200pounds permonth can't afford ordinary 800pounds. We have people there that are doing very fine. If u wish to stay in this country no1 is stopping u. Only low iq people will believe all these cooked up lies.
fake story for likes and comment on TikTok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Killed By A Hit And Run Driver In Sapele, Delta. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) / Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.