Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,600 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77770 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2011
gattang202:

@ Softtouch, how can i update the cydia files then? Thanks and really appreciate your response,  

1. First make sure there is working Internet connection on your iPad:
2. Open your Cydia, allow Cydia to load and set-up all your file system.
3. When Cydia finished loading, check if u see any red-badge signifying a needed update. Try to update by clicking on it
4. Then allow the Cydia to self-reload.
5. Look below your Cydia Home page, you will see ur device name, your iOS version and the current Cydia version.
If Cydia version is less than version 1.1.1 (as at of today 17th Nov 2011), then Cydia need to updated.
If so, Exit Cydia, wait about 8sec, then re-open Cydia. Allow Cydia to self-reload then follow step 3 down to Step 5 again until your Cydia version shows 1.1.1

Anyway, there maybe another way, but this is how I always update Cydia whenever I jailbreak iOS4.1 and below using Limera1n. Anyone, with other method can share it, we all learn daily.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2011
soft-touch:

1. First make sure there is working Internet connection on your iPad:
2. Open your Cydia, allow Cydia to load and set-up all your file system.
3. When Cydia finished loading, check if u see any red-badge signifying a needed update. Try to update by clicking on it
4. Then allow the Cydia to self-reload.
5. Look below your Cydia Home page, you will see your device name, your iOS version and the current Cydia version.
If Cydia version is less than version 1.1.1 (as at of today 17th Nov 2011), then Cydia need to updated.
If so, Exit Cydia, wait about 8sec, then re-open Cydia. Allow Cydia to self-reload then follow step 3 down to Step 5 again until your Cydia version shows 1.1.1

Anyway, there maybe another way, but this is how I always update Cydia whenever I jailbreak iOS4.1 and below using Limera1n. Anyone, with other method can share it, we all learn daily.

@Soft Touch, Thanks a bunch. But the problem with my Cydia is that it only shows a white icon and if i press it to open it only come up and less than 1-2 second goes off (Can't really access the cydia), what do i do?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2011
gattang202:

@Soft Touch, Thanks a bunch. But the problem with my Cydia is that it only shows a white icon and if i press it to open it only come up and less than 1-2 second goes off (Can't really access the cydia), what do i do?

Ok, You may need to re-jailbreak. I don't know if the New Redsn0w will do for iOS 3.x.x because I learn the system key to all previous ipsw has been updated into it.
Let me do some search, I will get back to you.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 10:52am On Nov 17, 2011
soft-touch:

Ok, You may need to re-jailbreak. I don't know if the New Redsn0w will do for iOS 3.x.x because I learn the system key to all previous ipsw has been updated into it.
Let me do some search, I will get back to you.

@Softtouch, thanks i really appreciate your effort, i don't mind re-jail breaking it but what version of Redsnow should i use?
Expecting your swift response.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2011
gattang202, I don't still you should be having issues with limera1n. Do you see this when you start jailbreak with limera1n?

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2011
gattang202, I mean I don't think you should be having issues with limera1n. Do you see that when you initially jailbreak with limera1n?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
sun_temi:

gattang202, I mean I don't think you should be having issues with limera1n. Do you see that when you initially jailbreak with limera1n?

@Sun_temi, that's the exact icon i'm seeing for both limera1n and cydia on my iPad since i jailbreak, I've not used it one day since the jailbreaking about 2 weeks ago,

What do i do cos Oti su mi jare,
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
@ Tumababa, Thanks a bunch, My iPod restored successfully,

It remains my iPad that only need jail breaking, Thanks a millionnnnnnnnnnn bro,
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
gattang202:

It remains my iPad that only need jail breaking, Thanks a millionnnnnnnnnnn bro,
u welcome, like i sed, rejailbreak by lauching the limerain as admin, if still d same result, restore back to 322 using ifaith and jb before u even restore from backup.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 20, 2011
pls help me oh, i upgraded my iphone 3gs to ios5, now it does not recognize my MTN sim card and it won't even sync with my itunes. i am a complete novice in this stuff, i need help and advice oh, pls. what do i do?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2011
If u are a complete novice , y did u upgrade to ios5 without first asking questions?. Ur fone is now locked and u will need to install d iPad baseband. Pls note that installing ipad baseband on newer iphone 3GS kills d radio completely. I've not been able to really distinguish which serial numbers are affected, so if u want to install iPad bb, DO IT AT UR OWN RISK. U can av a tethered jailbreak by using redsnow 0.9.9 latest, after jailbreaking, run redsnow again and choose boot tethered. Call 08053250698 for more enquiries.
DON'T UPGRADE TO IOS5 IF U ARE NOT USING FACTORY UNLOCKED.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2011
calebo101:

pls help me oh, i upgraded my iphone 3gs to ios5, now it does not recognize my MTN sim card and it won't even sync with my itunes. i am a complete novice in this stuff, i need help and advice oh, pls. what do i do?
hope u've been able to sort out ur iphone 3GS? grin cheesy
gattang202:

how far with ur ipad? u didnt get back to me again.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2011
tumababa:

hope u've been able to sort out your iphone 3GS? grin :Dhow far with your ipad? u didnt get back to me again.

Tumababa, i still can not restore the ipad due to the fact that all the ipsw 3.2.2 that i try to download didn't download completely and it is not my internet network, The Cydia too didn't come up after restarting my Ipad,
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2011
yeah bro, was finally able to jailbreak it using sn0wbreeze and unlocked it with ultrasn0w. The process was tough though, like u said i tried using redsn0w buh the process was not smooth so i had to restore my iphone with itunes then started the process of jailbreaking again using sn0wbreeze, that was like a breeze. though the process was long buh it was simple cos it was done using  custom firmware, all the same thanks. And luckily for me i was on an old bootrom so it was an untethered jailbreak, currently m enjoying my iphone like never before without any problem. thanks a lot. i do appreciate
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2011
calebo101:

yeah bro, was finally able to jailbreak it using sn0wbreeze and unlocked it with ultrasn0w. The process was tough though, like u said i tried using redsn0w buh the process was not smooth so i had to restore my iphone with itunes then started the process of jailbreaking again using sn0wbreeze, that was like a breeze. though the process was long buh it was simple cos it was done using  custom firmware, all the same thanks. And luckily for me i was on an old bootrom so it was an untethered jailbreak, currently m enjoying my iphone like never before without any problem. thanks a lot. i do appreciate
Nice one, u welcome.

gattang202:

Tumababa, i still can not restore the ipad due to the fact that all the ipsw 3.2.2 that i try to download didn't download completely and it is not my internet network, The Cydia too didn't come up after restarting my Ipad,
Bros bring this thing and forget the stress.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by n3rve(m): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2011
Wassup guys? smiley
Any improvements with iOS 5.0.1? I'm still on 5.0 and my battery dies quite fast, perhaps it's Gevey causing the drains?
Other Gevey unlockers, do you notice any battery life improvements with iOS 5.0.1? I'm thinking it might be worth waiting and updating to 5.0.2 instead, what's your take?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2011
Nerve, I hear say 5.0.1 sef worst pass 5.0 I no too sure o cos me don downgrade back to iOS When iOS stable I go join una.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2011
i run ios 5.0.1 on my personal iphone4 with a tethered jailbreak and its ok for me.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
sun_temi:

Nerve, I hear say 5.0.1 sef worst pass 5.0 I no too sure o cos me don downgrade back to iOS When iOS stable I go join una.

No harm trying, in as much you don't restore from backups and Spotlight Search disable. Personally, I don't even a jaibreak for now.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 11:38am On Nov 27, 2011
Weapon Of Mass Destruction

The article is from Greenpois0n peronal blog; read thru

Greetings, friends & jailbreakers!

It has now been several months since I (posixninja) took the stage at JailbreakCon (fka MyGreatFest) in London. Since then, I & other members of the Chronic Dev team have been keeping quietly busy on many fronts, so I thought it was about time to give you all a brief update.

Update on iOS5 Jailbreak
First & foremost: during my JailbreakCon talk in September, I was excited to announce that the Chronic Dev team had already discovered 5 different exploits for use in our upcoming jailbreak. Unfortunately, that announcement was a bit premature, because in the subsequent weeks, Apple found & patched a (critical) few of those exploits, between the beta versions we used for testing and the final release of iOS5 on October 12.

Sadly (and trust us, we are much more sad about this than any of you could possibly be), this has prevented us from being able to release a new jailbreak as quickly as we wanted to. As I hinted at earlier this week on Twitter, I was initially disheartened to think that so many of the countless hours we’ve worked on this jailbreak seemingly went right down the drain.

Not to mention, these are by no means the first exploits that have been “lost” by Chronic Dev (or any other iOS hacking teams) in this manner. In fact, these are just a few in a long-running series of exploits that were patched by Apple before we hackers could make use of them in a free jailbreak for you, our loyal fans.

Well, to be frank… this is bullshit!!! And now, Chronic Dev is ready to turn this little information battle into an all-out, no-holds-barred information WAR. So we want to use this experience as an opportunity to explain the method Apple uses to find potential vulnerabilities, as well as to unveil our new master plan, which should not only prevent this from happening to us again in the future, but also allow us to use all of you to find more exploits, so we can ultimately get an untethered jailbreak into your hands as quickly as possible.

How Apple Finds Exploits
One of the primary challenges in working with userland exploits is that, every time any program crashes on your iPhone, a “crash report” is generated and instantly sent back to Apple. As you can imagine, while we’re working out all the kinks in the exploitation of a vulnerability, we may need to crash any particular program thousands & thousands of times.

It’s possible to change your iTunes settings to stop sending this diagnostic information back to Apple, and of course everyone in Chronic Dev has made this change on all our development machines. However, even this is not always 100% effective at preventing Apple from obtaining our data. For instance, if one of us is at a friend’s house and plugs our iPhone up to his or her computer (even just to charge it), it’s very likely that computer is set up to send all our valuable data & crash reports right back to Apple.

As a side note, this is also the primary reason we’re unable to perform or allow any public beta testing of our software before it’s released. Any potential beta tester could be unknowingly sending crash reports back to Apple, which would prematurely alert the company to our exploits & the discovery of their vulnerabilities before we even have the chance to release.

Help Us Help You: Send Us Your Crash Reports
Instead of allowing this vicious cycle to continue, we decided to write a new program to turn Apple’s own beast against its master, per se. All this program requires from you is to attach your iOS device to your computer and click a single button!

At this point, the program copies all the crash reports off your device (which, under normal circumstances, would be sent right back to Apple), and instead sends this data to a secure, private server hosted by your friendly Chronic Dev team. Next, our program proceeds to neuter your copy of iTunes, simply by changing your settings to prevent your computer from sending any further diagnostic information from your device to Apple.

Using this agglomeration of your crash reports and our ninja skills, Chronic Dev will be able to quickly pinpoint vulnerabilities in various programs by using the same techniques Apple currently employs. At the very least, your data will help point us in the direction of which applications are the most vulnerable, so we can focus our time & energy on these with laser-like intensity. And, of course, this will also prevent Apple from accessing all your valuable data, just so they can then turn around and use it against you.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 11:47am On Nov 27, 2011
Here is how to prevent sending crash reports to Apple, if you dont want to download the program fron Greenpois0n, however this will submit ur crash report to anyone.
To disable iTunes taking the time to send error or crash reports to Apple every sync, turn off automatic syncing (if enabled) on your phone/iPod, right-click on the unit in iTunes, and click "Reset Warnings." The next time you sync, your system will ask if you want to send the reports. Un-check the "Do not ask me again" option, hit "Don't Send," and you're good to go.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2011
soft-touch:

Here is how to prevent sending crash reports to Apple, if you dont want to download the program from Greenpois0n, however this will not submit your crash report to anyone.
To disable iTunes taking the time to send error or crash reports to Apple every sync, turn off automatic syncing (if enabled) on your phone/iPod, right-click on the unit in iTunes, and click "Reset Warnings." The next time you sync, your system will ask if you want to send the reports. Un-check the "Do not ask me again" option, hit "Don't Send," and you're good to go.
Post Edited
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
i dont really think their adventure will work,but goodluck to them.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by n3rve(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
tumababa:

i dont really think their adventure will work,but goodluck to them.

Why do you think it won't work? It's simple logic, they are simply changing the address that iDevices will submit (crash) logs to. It's similar to TinyUmbrella & requesting SHSH from Cydia.
As far as I know, it's already working (they are receiving crash dumps) & that can be used to discover vulnerabilities.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
d same crash dumps that apple will collect and patch before dey finish their experiment.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2011
tumababa:

d same crash dumps that apple will collect and patch before dey finish their experiment.
I think crash dump collection will work. iOS 5 got a lot of crashes on stock Apple applications. By the time ur itunes is neuter by greenpoison software, the itunes stop sending any error report to Apple.

While setting up email on iOS 5.0 on Exchange Server email, the phone crashes to home screen, an opportunity to inject untether codes. But I discovered Apple has fixed this problem on iOS 5.0.1, that is just one example.
If you experiment with ALL items in your iPhone settings, you will notice some flaws, most especially on iOS 5.0

Let keep our finger crossed, unfortunately, untether exploit on iOS 5 is mainly on user-land, I pray we have boot-rom manouver.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by bland: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2011
Hello NLs,

I just need help with some information, I will be glad to receive useful info, I m asking someone to get me an ipad from the US, after reading this thread, i need to ask questions/confirmation.

1. I understand that it needs to be from AT&T to get it to work in Nja
2. Are there any other places one can buy from in the US outside of the carriers for use overseas?
3. If one is purchasing from AT&T, is there any action that must be taken in the US before being used in 9ja or its just plug & play with your the local sim

thanks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2011
bland:

Hello NLs,

I just need help with some information, I will be glad to receive useful info, I m asking someone to get me an ipad from the US, after reading this thread, i need to ask questions/confirmation.

1. I understand that it needs to be from AT&T to get it to work in Nja
2. Are there any other places one can buy from in the US outside of the carriers for use overseas?
3. If one is purchasing from AT&T, is there any action that must be taken in the US before being used in 9ja or its just plug & play with your the local sim

thanks

Just plug and play. iPad 3G are factory unlocked.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by bland: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2011
^^^ ok Thanks a lot
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2011
You are welcome
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by mjay(m): 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2011
Help, I have upgraded my ipad 3g to os5 now I need to rejailbreak it . jailbreakme.com does not seem work again pls where do I start?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2011
mjay:

Help, I have upgraded my ipad 3g to os5 now I need to rejailbreak it . jailbreakme.com does not seem work again pls where do I start?
ipad1 or 2? ipad1 has a tethered jailbreak, ipad2 has no jailbreak on ios5

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.