Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77742 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2013
JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT OUR RSIMs are working on IOS 7 beta2. very stable.

PLEASE DONT UPGRADE TO FINAL IOS 7 IF YOU ARE USING RSIM OR ANY CHIP FOR UNLOCK UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THAT ITS WORKING ON D FINAL RELEASE VERSION.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 22, 2013
i have observed that iphones with activation lock ON are already in computer village. Buyers beware. before buying any iphone now, make sure you can sign in and out of iCloud right in front of d seller before u leave him/her.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 12:48am On Jul 26, 2013
who has got 6.1.3 and want to downgrade and jailbreak? Apple is signing 6.0/6.0.1/6.0.2 on some devices as at the time of this post. Downgrade now from 6.1.3 now that you can
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 26, 2013
sun_temi: who has got 6.1.3 and want to downgrade and jailbreak? Apple is signing 6.0/6.0.1/6.0.2 on some devices as at the time of this post. Downgrade now from 6.1.3 now that you can
closed
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by akinlolusewanu9(m): 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
How to download and install iOS 7 beta 6 completely free http://phonegist..com/2013/08/ios-7-beta-6-released-to-developers.html
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Simeoncal(m): 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please is there a permanent sim unlock for my iphone 4s locked to 3 network in uk. Also anyone with an idea wat will it cost? Thanx in advance
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by badmrkt(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pls how much is iphone 4s in nigeria?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 11, 2013
GOOD NEWS!!
RSIM CHIP WORK WITH IOS 7 GM which is always what is released to the public.

Not withstanding, pls do not update your chip unlocked iPhones unless u av confirmed that it is working with d public release. Apple can surprise us, although never happened before.

Using my Airtel sim on d chip unlocked iphone 5 I av for sale, running iOS 7 GM dat was released 3 hrs ago.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
iPhone 5C is Said to work with R-SIM8 +, It now seems that everything will remain same and R-SIM8 will still be working on iPhone 5C when it comes out. This is almost Confirmed

iPhone 5S is Confirmed... Will NOT Work on any proxy SIM if the last iOS 7 is same as GM.
There will be a different Solution for that and it will be called R-SIM 9S.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 18, 2013
WARNING!!!!!!!

DO NOT UPDATE TO IOS7 TODAY IF YOU ARE USING A CHIP FOR UNLOCK. WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
IOS 7 IS RELEASED!!!!!. DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU ARE USING CHIP
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
I know you have just warned us not to..and with good reason too..BUT..i cannot just take in how pretty this OS7 looks and not do anything..so..i have decided to take one for the team..i will update..with my chip(which one did u get me sef?)..and will let u guys know how it goes..y'all wish me luck..
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by zubbainno123: 12:18am On Sep 19, 2013
tumababa: IOS 7 IS RELEASED!!!!!. DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU ARE USING CHIP
. Pls what's this chip u r talking abt? Can u explain beta to me. Am planning to upgrade my 4s wic is currently running on 6.1.3 to iOS 7. Thanks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Well..goodmorning ladies and gents..i'm back again..i finally went thru with the ios7 update like i said..and bloody hell!..it took 7hours to download..from the time of my last post till now..its just completed...and...YES!!!!..it worked fine!!..with my chip..i will need Tumababa to help me with the exact name of my chip(iphone4S i bought from u..brand new..Port Harcourt)..remember me?..anyway..it worked..and i'm rocking my os 7 now!

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 19, 2013
Folajay22: Well..goodmorning ladies and gents..i'm back again..i finally went thru with the ios7 update like i said..and bloody hell!..it took 7hours to download..from the time of my last post till now..its just completed...and...YES!!!!..it worked fine!!..with my chip..i will need Tumababa to help me with the exact name of my chip(iphone4S i bought from u..brand new..Port Harcourt)..remember me?..anyway..it worked..and i'm rocking my os 7 now!

good. since u took the risk, i will let u know why i said don't update yet.

now try to check your balance using *556# or try checking any mtn code dat ends with #. if that works , then it has been corrected. every other thing worked
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 6:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Haha..i just tried it..it didnt work oh..it was dialing instead..that probably means i cant load airtime too..fair enough..i'l find a way around that..pendind the correction..still..its a fabulous Os..
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2013
tumababa:

good. since u took the risk, i will let u know why i said don't update yet.

now try to check your balance using *556# or try checking any mtn code dat ends with #. if that works , then it has been corrected. every other thing worked

u can still downgrade cos apple is still signing 6.1.4 but if u want to stay on 7.0, then u can get all those function thru sim application ONLY ON IPHONE 4S CHIP. IPHONE 5 CHIP DONT SUPPORT SIM APPLICATION FOR NOW
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 19, 2013
So iphone 4S users using chip can upgrade to ios7 BUT FIRST, try to check your credit or try to recharge thru settings-phone-sim applications. if u can do that on your current ios6, then u are free to upgrade, only if u are ok with the issue i explained above.

enjoy the new ios7.

for iphone 5 users using chip, just be patient, we shall get the solution. moreover if u need a jailbreak, stay on iOS 6.1.4
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Folajay22: Well..goodmorning ladies and gents..i'm back again..i finally went thru with the ios7 update like i said..and bloody hell!..it took 7hours to download..from the time of my last post till now..its just completed...and...YES!!!!..it worked fine!!..with my chip..i will need Tumababa to help me with the exact name of my chip(iphone4S i bought from u..brand new..Port Harcourt)..remember me?..anyway..it worked..and i'm rocking my os 7 now!

quicksim for iphone 4S

1 Like

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by zubbainno123: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2013
tumababa:

u can still downgrade cos apple is still signing 6.1.4 but if u want to stay on 7.0, then u can get all those function thru sim application ONLY ON IPHONE 4S CHIP. IPHONE 5 CHIP DONT SUPPORT SIM APPLICATION FOR NOW
Pls I don't understand all this CHIP u guys r talking about. Am using iPhone 4S with an airtel sim without a jailbrake nd am currently runing on iOS 6.1.3. Hope I won't have any issues if I upgrade to iOS 7, and how can I backup my phone before doing that. Am new to iPhone plz. Thanks .
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 19, 2013
zubbainno123: Pls I don't understand all this CHIP u guys r talking about. Am using iPhone 4S with an airtel sim without a jailbrake nd am currently runing on iOS 6.1.3. Hope I won't have any issues if I upgrade to iOS 7, and how can I backup my phone before doing that. Am new to iPhone plz. Thanks .

open your sim tray and check if it only your airtel sim that is inside, or if u av a small chip btw d simcard and simtray. if u don't av any chip, then u are not using a chip. simple. u can upgrade if u want.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by zubbainno123: 7:27am On Sep 19, 2013
tumababa:

open your sim tray and check if it only your airtel sim that is inside, or if u av a small chip btw d simcard and simtray. if u don't av any chip, then u are not using a chip. simple. u can upgrade if u want.
I just checked now, there is no chip, just my sim. Can u plz send me d link where I can download d iOS 7, and plz i would also like to know how I can back up my phone before upgrading so I won't lose my apps nd data. Thanks .
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2013
zubbainno123: I just checked now, there is no chip, just my sim. Can u plz send me d link where I can download d iOS 7, and plz i would also like to know how I can back up my phone before upgrading so I won't lose my apps nd data. Thanks .

just go to settings-general-software update. thats d best way. thru this way, all ur settings and apps will not be touched.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by zubbainno123: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2013
tumababa:

just go to settings-general-software update. thats d best way. thru this way, all ur settings and apps will not be touched.
thanks bro, God bless.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Olucheye(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Olucheye: Still running on a 5.1 OS and it's Jailbroken.
Tumbaba kindly please tell if I could upgrade to the iOS7

i will advice iphone 4 to stay away from ios7. very slow
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Olucheye(m): 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 4:23am On Sep 20, 2013
Olucheye:

It's an iPad 2 and not an IPhone 4..
Cheers
If u don't care about d jailbreak u can uograde
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by akinlolusewanu9(m): 5:46am On Sep 20, 2013
Warning! before you update to iOS 7 consider this http://phonegist..com/2013/09/dont-update-to-ios-7-blindly-consider.html
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:27am On Sep 20, 2013
There's no point rushing to iOS 7, people will still complain about so many bug as they are already doing now. I feel it's just waste of time and data. If you must update, take your time as Apple will be fixing so many bugs, so they will be releasing new updates. Me I no fit just dey waste data updating everytime.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by zubbainno123: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2013
tumababa:

Even without any initial backup? Plz i need to know before going forward. thanks.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Tdcrown007: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tumababa

Pls can my 3GS be upgraded from 4.1(8B117)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.