Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77727 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
zubbainno123:

Even without any initial backup? Plz i need to know before going forward. thanks.

backup shd be done regularly thru iTunes. but u don't need to backup to do OTA update. nothing is touched, just d iOS getting updated
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by lynxnoon(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
just restored my i5 from 6.0.2 to 6.1.4 via itunes
waiting for jb on iOS7 wink
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2013
Tdcrown007: Tumababa

Pls can my 3GS be upgraded from 4.1(8B117)

3Gs can be updated to 4.1 anytime. Apple still sign 4.1 for 3Gs
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 24, 2013
both factory unlocked and chip unlocked can install and use d bbm application.

my pin is 75adee3d
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Folajay22: Haha..i just tried it..it didnt work oh..it was dialing instead..that probably means i cant load airtime too..fair enough..i'l find a way around that..pendind the correction..still..its a fabulous Os..

seems some factory unlocked iPhones on ios7 are also having USSD problem in other countries

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5336237?start=0&tstart=0
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2013
new white 5C at 115k. check signature for contact details
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tumababa..just seeing this...oh thank goodness!!!..i am not alone then..at least at this scale..with this many people involved..something will officially be done..i have been using another phone to access the USSD.. cheesy
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Folajay22: Tumababa..just seeing this...oh thank goodness!!!..i am not alone then..at least at this scale..with this many people involved..something will officially be done..i have been using another phone to access the USSD.. cheesy

what's ur iphone model? and what type of chip u using?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
tumababa:

what's ur iphone model? and what type of chip u using?

Err..the 4S i bought from u..brand new..magic sim..
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Folajay22:

Err..the 4S i bought from u..brand new..magic sim..

Y do u av to remove sim wen u can go thru sim applications?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2013
tumababa:

Y do u av to remove sim wen u can go thru sim applications?

I checked for sim applications like u said..its not there..
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Folajay22:

I checked for sim applications like u said..its not there..

What do u see there? Can i av a screenshot of d sim application page
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
tumababa:

What do u see there? Can i av a screenshot of d sim application page

Please tell me how to get to the sim applications page again..i may not be doing it right.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 13, 2013
Folajay22:

Please tell me how to get to the sim applications page again..i may not be doing it right.

Settings-phone-sim application
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
tumababa:

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Folajay22(m): 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
tumababa:

This is all i have..i know i checked b4 and its not there..the only thing this screenshot doesnt capture is above and that's "own number"

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Folajay22:

This is all i have..i know i checked b4 and its not there..the only thing this screenshot doesnt capture is above and that's "own number"

Then u need to do a sim swap. It neans u cant even use d sim in an ipad. Cos u can only load d sim on an ipad thru sim application menu. To b sure d sim doesnt have, put it in a normal unlocked fone and see if u get sim application under d phine settings
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by bestofibkpumpn(f): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Is it save to upgrade to iOS 7.0.2, ave gat a factory unlocked iPhone 4s.......
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
bestofibkpumpn: Is it save to upgrade to iOS 7.0.2, ave gat a factory unlocked iPhone 4s.......

Sure u can
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by bestofibkpumpn(f): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
tumababa:

Sure u can

I hope der is no USSD problem with it ooo, and also any jailbreak for it?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
bestofibkpumpn:

I hope der is no USSD problem with it ooo, and also any jailbreak for it?
No jailbreak
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
finally got a chip that checks balance and loads credit on i5 running ios7
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2013
please note that used iPhones have become scarce in the market now (and in some cases, more expensive) due to the activation lock feature on ios 7

if u go to the market or u want to buy iphone already running ios7 from anyone , it is not enough to check with your sim if its locked or unlocked, or if u can see d apps.

YOU MUST GO TO ICLOUD SETTINGS AND BE SURE THAT FIND MY IPHONE IS OFF BEFORE BUYING. If it is ON, tell the seller to switch it off, if he cant switch if off for whatever reason, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

This is a must because once u buy and start using the fone to browse without switching off "find my iphone", d real owner (if it was stolen or lost) will get a mail that the phone has been found. he will now have control over the iphone and can lock it with his own chosen passcode which means u wont be able to use d iphone.he can even wipe the fone. At this point, it will be difficult to return the iphone to the seller.

you wont be able to restore/upgrade from itunes EXCEPT you turn off find my iphone. if you force d restore using DFU mode, then it becomes worse.before you can activate the fone, u MUST enter the apple id and password that enabled find my iphone before the restore (that's d activation lock feature). there is no way to bypass that for now and your iphone will be sooooo useless except u sell as parts.

So be careful.

this warning applies to mainly stolen iphones, but u never know if d fone u wanna buy was stolen abroad.

i know some sellers will be mad at me now but the truth must be told
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Vivauche(f): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2013
Pls guys wats d best and fastest way to update my iPhone 4? Is it faster thru iTunes or thru settings? Is it faster to use wifi from a cyber cafe or Internet subscription from Mtn,Airtel, Etisalat ? Whic network is better ? Pls if u've done urs share with me how u did urs. Thnks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Vivauche(f): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2013
Folajay22: Well..goodmorning ladies and gents..i'm back again..i finally went thru with the ios7 update like i said..and bloody hell!..it took 7hours to download..from the time of my last post till now..its just completed...and...YES!!!!..it worked fine!!..with my chip..i will need Tumababa to help me with the exact name of my chip(iphone4S i bought from u..brand new..Port Harcourt)..remember me?..anyway..it worked..and i'm rocking my os 7 now!
pls Dear whic network did u use to upgrade? Is it thru iTunes or if u subscribed whic network did u use? Thnksss
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2013
Vivauche: Pls guys wats d best and fastest way to update my iPhone 4? Is it faster thru iTunes or thru settings? Is it faster to use wifi from a cyber cafe or Internet subscription from Mtn,Airtel, Etisalat ? Whic network is better ? Pls if u've done urs share with me how u did urs. Thnks

use wifi
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Vivauche(f): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2013
tumababa:

use wifi
Thnks tumababa i tried using wifi it was really slow. How long do u tink it takes via wifi?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2013
Vivauche: Thnks tumababa i tried using wifi it was really slow. How long do u tink it takes via wifi?

depends on d update size
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Vivauche(f): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2013
tumababa:

depends on d update size
iOS 7 is about 1gig. It's large

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.