Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,306 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? (8572 Views)

Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? / The Evils Of Interest Based Loans & Mortgages / Ruling On Muslim Working In An Interest-based Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Teymanhenry(f): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
I personally think it's selfish to collect a loan, do business and not return with interest. Remember, you used it for business/trade. You gain interest on the trade and yet you don't wanna pay interest. Remember SAW did business too and gain great profits for Khadija

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Teymanhenry:
I personally think it's selfish to collect a loan, do business and not return with interest. Remember, you used it for business/trade. You gain interest on the trade and yet you don't wanna pay interest. Remember SAW did business too and gain great profits for Khadija

You share the Profit and Losses with the owners of the Capital.

3 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by chaloskyx: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
thats good non intrest loans should also apply to christians😅😅 as a matter of fact muslim sellers should not put markup and intrest on any goods they sell unless that one is not a sin abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
chaloskyx:
thats good non intrest loans should also apply to christians😅😅 as a matter of fact muslim sellers should not put markup and intrest on any goods they sell unless that one is not a sin abi?

Trading is allowed but not interest dealings.

Do you get it?
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Hu2010: 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lukgaf:
Earlier this week, President Tinubu addressed the nation on economic policies and interventions to mitigate the impact of removing petrol subsidies on Nigerians. Following his broadcast, a good brother from Bauchi State wrote an insightful letter to the President, expressing concerns about certain policies that may have adversely affected the Muslim Ummah in Nigeria. While many people applauded the brother's perspective, some individuals with opposing views resorted to criticism and derogatory remarks against him and the entire Muslim community. Read his letter here

Motivated by this incident, I feel compelled to shed further light on why the Muslim Ummah in Nigeria (and Muslims in general) abstains from taking loans with interest. This practice is not merely a matter of personal preference; rather, it is deeply rooted in our religious beliefs and the teachings of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah.

As devout Muslims, we firmly adhere to the divine guidance provided in the Holy Qur'an. In Surah Baqara Chapter 2: 278-279, Allah issues a stern warning against engaging in interest transactions, stating,

"O Believers, fear Allah and give up that interest which is still due to you, if you are true Believers; but if you do not do so, then you are warned of the declaration of war against you by Allah and His Messenger...."

This clear prohibition serves as a powerful reminder that Allah has declared war on those who persist in dealing with interest. As believers, we fear the consequences of such actions and strive to uphold the principles outlined in the Qur'an.

Furthermore, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) emphasized the gravity of engaging in interest transactions through various Hadiths. One such narration from Sahih Muslim highlights the severity of the sin, "The Messenger of Allah cursed the one who consumes riba (usury or interest), the one who gives it to others, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said: 'They are all the same.'"

This Hadith underscores the severity of dealing with interest and its detrimental effects on society. As Muslims, we seek to avoid any practices that are explicitly cursed by Allah through his Messenger of Allah.

It is essential to recognize that our faith guides us not only in acts of worship but also in our everyday financial dealings. By abstaining from interest-based loans, we strive to maintain our integrity as believers and protect ourselves from the consequences warned by Allah and His Messenger.

In conclusion, our refusal to partake in loans with interest is deeply rooted in our commitment to follow the teachings of Islam. As we commend President Tinubu's efforts to address economic challenges, we humbly urge him to consider alternative financing methods that are in harmony with Islamic principles.

May Allah guide us all on the path of righteousness and bless our nation with prosperity and unity.

Abu Afs Lukgaf

Jazakumulahu kahiran
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Debangis20(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
Amin thumma amin.

Brother Lukgaf, may The Almighty bless you and any righteous muslim/muslimah more abundantly.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by kkins25(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Exodus 22:25 (KJV) If thou lend money to any of my people that is poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury.
Lending to poor people is an entirely different matter my friend.. You don't lend miney to poor people, you gift it out..

But, for business purposes, thats a diff ball game.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by kkins25(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
chaloskyx:

it's the hypocrisy for me....
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
kkins25:
Lending to poor people is an entirely different matter my friend.. You don't lend miney to poor people, you gift it out..

Nehemiah 5:7, 10-11 (KJV) Then I consulted with myself, and I rebuked the nobles, and the rulers, and said unto them, Ye exact usury, every one of his brother. And I set a great assembly against them.
I likewise, and my brethren, and my servants, might exact of them money and corn: I pray you, let us leave off this usury.
Restore, I pray you, to them, even this day, their lands, their vineyards, their oliveyards, and their houses, also the hundredth part of the money, and of the corn, the wine, and the oil, that ye exact of them
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
kkins25:

Ezekiel 18:13, 17 (KJV) Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.
That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
kkins25:

Jehovah says don't deal in Usury.

Even in Business it is not allowed by Jehovah. You share Profits and Losses.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
kkins25:

God Law on Usury is Universal. That's God's Commandment in your Financial dealings. You can choose to OBEY or IGNORE or be SELECTIVE in its Applications. The Choice is yours and yours ALONE.

If the Muslims or Anyone wants to go by that Commandment, please let them be. That way you will only be guilty of not obeying Jehovah and not Vilifying and obstructing those that want to obey God.

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by mamaafrik(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Emu4life:

You are filth, do not touch the Holy Qur'an Please.

Indeed, it is a noble Quran. In a Register well-protected. None touch it except the purified . } [Quran 56:77-79]
But a moslem can touch bible,head they pain your mama

Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by mamaafrik(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Nehemiah 5:7, 10-11 (KJV) Then I consulted with myself, and I rebuked the nobles, and the rulers, and said unto them, Ye exact usury, every one of his brother. And I set a great assembly against them.
I likewise, and my brethren, and my servants, might exact of them money and corn: I pray you, let us leave off this usury.
Restore, I pray you, to them, even this day, their lands, their vineyards, their oliveyards, and their houses, also the hundredth part of the money, and of the corn, the wine, and the oil, that ye exact of them.

So you read bible,are you a moslem or christain
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by mamaafrik(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Emu4life:

You are only making noise. You can't stop the Muslims on what they intend to achieve, not even the President cheesy
Now I know your mumuness na inheritance
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by mamaafrik(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Proverbs 28:8-10 (KJV) He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.

So you read Bible but will say someone should not touch the Quran,why??
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by kkins25(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

God Law on Usury is Universal. That's God's Commandment in your Financial dealings. You can choose to OBEY or IGNORE or be SELECTIVE in its Applications. The Choice is yours and yours ALONE.

If the Muslims or Anyone wants to go by that Commandment, please let them be. That way you will only be guilty of not obeying Jehovah and not Vilifying and obstructing those that want to obey God.
No sir. You cannot choose to leave that way, because, the last time i checked, Its federal republic.. Not islamic state.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Angelnath(m): 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
You need to start reading like a wise man and not a dullard

Lev.25.35 - And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.
Lev.25.36 - Take thou no usury of him, or increase: but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.
Lev.25.37 - Thou shalt not give him thy money upon usury, nor lend him thy victuals for increase.
Lev.25.38 - I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God.
Lev.25.39 - And if thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee; thou shalt not compel him to serve as a bondservant:
Lev.25.40 - But as an hired servant, and as a sojourner, he shall be with thee, and shall serve thee unto the year of jubile:
Lev.25.41 - And then shall he depart from thee, both he and his children with him, and shall return unto his own family, and unto the possession of his fathers shall he return.

Lukuluku69:

Leviticus 25:37 (KJV) Thou shalt not give him thy money upon usury, nor lend him thy victuals for increase.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by gloryman91: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jazaka Lahu Khayran my Brother for the enlightenment, honestly these kinds of message should go viral especially with all what the pulpit cheaters did before, during and after the Presidential 2023 General Election.

Hoping Tinubu Shettima must have learnt their lessons ?
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
mamaafrik:

So you read Bible but will say someone should not touch the Quran,why??

Read the Quran in it there Healings.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
undecided
Angelnath:
You need to start reading like a wise man and not a dullard

Lev.25.35 - And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.
Lev.25.36 - Take thou no usury of him, or increase: but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.
Lev.25.37 - Thou shalt not give him thy money upon usury, nor lend him thy victuals for increase.
Lev.25.38 - I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God.
Lev.25.39 - And if thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee; thou shalt not compel him to serve as a bondservant:
Lev.25.40 - But as an hired servant, and as a sojourner, he shall be with thee, and shall serve thee unto the year of jubile:
Lev.25.41 - And then shall he depart from thee, both he and his children with him, and shall return unto his own family, and unto the possession of his fathers shall he return.

Wise One, what does Jehovah say about Usury?
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
kkins25:

No sir. You cannot choose to leave that way, because, the last time i checked, Its federal republic.. Not islamic state.

Of course I can choose to live without Usury and usurious Transactions.

And you can decide to continue Usury consumption.

As for the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let them do what pleases them.

1 Like

Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by kkins25(m): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Of course I can choose to live without Usury and usurious Transactions.

And you can decide to continue Usury consumption.

As for the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let them do what pleases them.
Any way, if u know any bank that offers such.. Hola me. Mashallah brother!
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
mamaafrik:

So you read bible,are you a moslem or christain

That parts of the Bible I quoted belongs to the Jews. Are you a Jew?
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
kkins25:

Any way, if u know any bank that offers such.. Hola me. Mashallah brother!

There are loads of Banks offering Interest Free Banking Services both in Nigeria and abroad.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by kkins25(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Lukuluku69:

There are loads of Banks offering Interest Free Banking Services both in Nigeria and abroad.
where dem dey?
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by mamaafrik(m): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Lukuluku69:

That parts of the Bible I quoted belongs to the Jews. Are you a Jew?
I am a christain w
and my Holy book is Holy bible just like yours is Quran,you are a Muslim .

I asked because some of your fellow Muslims are stupidly calling christains filty for reading Quran,but here you are and other average Muslims doing same without such name calling from Christians for reading a Quran .
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by ANTlSLAAM: 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Oya Mention one sufu
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
mamaafrik:
I am a christain w
and my Holy book is Holy bible just like yours is Quran,you are a Muslim .

I asked because some of your fellow Muslims are stupidly calling christains filty for reading Quran,but here you are and other average Muslims doing same without such name calling from Christians for reading a Quran .

I honestly don't understand the point you are making and of course you can read the Quran. Millions are doing that all over the World and they are not Muslims.

Besides the Scriptures I quoted can be found in the Old Testament which the Jews/Israelites holds as God's Word. And you can see clearly that it forbids Usury and Usurious Transactions.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
kkins25:
where dem dey?

You have a Device, with Data you can find out.
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by ANTlSLAAM: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
Lukuluku69:

You have a Device, with Data you can find out.

Na to lie for allah you people are good at but to come and defend your taqqiya for allah na problem
Re: Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? by mamaafrik(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
Lukuluku69:

I honestly don't understand the point you are making and of course you can read the Quran. Millions are doing that all over the World and they are not Muslims.

Besides the Scriptures I quoted can be found in the Old Testament which the Jews/Israelites holds as God's Word. And you can see clearly that it forbids Usury and Usurious Transactions.

have you not read of your people burning and killing christains for reading Quran,a large percentage, I have personally witnessed it and a fool called me filty for saying I want to.

Your people are violent minded and hypocrites who do unto others what they can not take

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Islam Says About Celebrating The Birth Of The Prophet? / Is Buying A Cat And Rearing It Haram Or Asking For The Price ? Please Click / Questions Muhammad Should Have Asked Allah, Which He Didn't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.