Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger (44499 Views)

Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Confirmation For NEDC Board Members / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Approval For $800m Loan Requested By Buhari-led Govt / EFCC Goes After Bola Tinubu, Writes CCB For Assets Documents - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by NSNO(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
lexy2014:

pls what is is democracy?

the US has troops in Niger.

France has troops in Niger.

UN has troops in Niger yet none of them are asking for military intervention.

but oga that said theres no money for fuel subsidy and that Nigeria's should bear hardship and suffering now wants to spend nigeria's money on an adventure that doesnt concern him.

bro, is that democracy from a nigerian stand point?
The adventure concerns him because we are neighbours, everything that affects them affects us.

Democracy is the best form of government because the people have choices, they can choose. Imagine that buhari was a military head of state, we would still be under his control today. That freedom to choose is a gift that alot of you coupist are taking for granted.

And another consequence of this coup is the lack of international standing. Nigeriens will suffer the consequences of this coup for years because of the short-sightedness of their leaders.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Mozegee: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
A man who his house is burning , should first of all look for a way to quench the fire before helping his neighbour for any thing.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Throwback: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
wizod:

Exactly what the majority tribe did to the minority that won the last presidential election but you kept your eye the other way and refuse to say anything

Tinubu won the election and he is not a minority tribe.

Atiku was 2nd and he is not a minority tribe.

Obi was 3rd and he is not a minority tribe.

Kwankwaso was 4th and he is not a minority tribe.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Jman06(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
I think the Niger coup may just be a bait set by some international terrorist groups for Nigeria and other sub-saharan African nations to escalate crisis in the region in other to actualize the so called Islamic state of Northern Nigeria.

Let's play wise and not fall into such bait! After all, it's not like we're gaining anything from Niger republic as to warrant an intervention into their national affairs.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by socialmediaman: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
lexy2014:

you didnt answer my question.

but oga that said theres no money for fuel subsidy and that Nigerians should bear hardship and suffering now wants to spend nigeria's money on an adventure that doesnt concern him.

US, France, UN and co have no serious interest in Niger except for maintaining their military bases that give them a headstart in Africa, but Nigeria does. Mali and Burkina Faso already stand behind the dictators, what do you think will happen to Nigeria's fight against insurgency especially with these countries having links to the insurgency in the NE?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by nedekid: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
lexy2014:

you didnt answer my question.

but oga that said theres no money for fuel subsidy and that Nigerians should bear hardship and suffering now wants to spend nigeria's money on an adventure that doesnt concern him.

Infact, it is his hight of folly.
Anyone that thinks this fight is about democracy, has to have his head examined. It is all about interest.
Any Nigerian that looses his life over politicians in Abuja and their personal a gender has himself to blame. He die troweh. Person thar his puppies are buying 11m pound houses in their 20s, flying private jet as if it is taxi, now wants to send
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by ForChrist1: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Throwback:
Many Nigerians should know that Niger needs to be saved from Military dictatorship that has seized power from the minority tribe President who is not Hausa, Djerma or Fulani.

Imagine if a minority had won the Presidential election for the 1st time in Nigeria, then a military coup from the Majority tribes of Hausa or Yoruba then seize power to the joy of the majority tribes who support such return of power.

The whole world must save Niger from military dictatorship and any attempt to illegally thwart the regime of a minority tribe.

Hausa and Djerma should allow the minority Tuareg/Arab to breathe in Niger Republic.

President Bazoum must be allowed to complete his term in office.

I believe this is like saying Fulani should allow Hausa breathe.

There are one and the same.
They are more pressing internal needs that should have Tinubu's vested interest. He does not have to bow to the pressure from the West or anywhere to invade another man's sovereignty, more so a fellow African country.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Chetas81(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chizaam2008:

Now you know the magnitude of DEEEEEP SHYTE Mahmood Yakubu put Nigeria in!

how
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by RighChannel: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mr EBOLA should not put this country into chaos
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Vinnie2000(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

Copy and paste
How is the topic concerned the Igbos now?
Your hatred for igbo will give you .

I Tire, my Brother.😒🤦

Did Tinubu mention anything IGBO in the Letter?😏

Diz Igbophobic Fools are something else! 😕
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Microwhy: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

Nigeria - Niger War!

How many months will it last?

grin
ECOWAS-Niger war...
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Procashtips(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Traplord09:

Let it been know.
Southwest should lead the WAR..

South-southeast.
Should give way for southwest to lead the WAR
Is there fright..

IGBOS should keep off

This is not about local politics.

It's about the soul of Africa!
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by BobbieZion(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Same people who support Russia's invasion of Ukraine just to spite the west.
Are now not happy the same Russia is backing Niger to chase the west.....
All French colonies in Africa live like slaves and the people are now wiser.

Bazoum is a very corrupt leader.
He should be brought to book.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5E84-ylxC4&

SOURCE
Enforce which compliance?
If you send your military to Niger, the first casualty is Bazoum who will be killed almost instantly.
I hope those around Tinubu will drop sycophancy for once and tell him some home truths
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by harmargedon: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Tinubu is fighting for his fears not for Nigeria
Tinubu is a French puppet, he's only fighting for his slave masters.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Southwestidiot: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
socialmediaman:
I think this is the right move! Military dictatorship should not creep back into Africa. Irresponsible use of weapons by the military should be totally condemned.

While we disagree and fight to improve on the corrupt politics of Baalablu and Mr Yakubu, we must agree that military rule should have no place in Africa
what is the difference between Iran, Saudi Arabia and the Emirates how is thier style of rulership different from that of a military regime

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by bizhop01: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
Yanka dey sleep,
Nigeria problems is more than what's in Niger republic

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Blaze14k: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
Throwback:
Many Nigerians should know that Niger needs to be saved from Military dictatorship that has seized power from the minority tribe President who is not Hausa, Djerma or Fulani.

Imagine if a minority had won the Presidential election for the 1st time in Nigeria, then a military coup from the Majority tribes of Hausa or Yoruba then seize power to the joy of the majority tribes who support such return of power.

The whole world must save Niger from military dictatorship and any attempt to illegally thwart the regime of a minority tribe.

Hausa and Djerma should allow the minority Tuareg/Arab to breathe in Niger Republic.

You guys are quick to condemn things buh u rein supreme amongs others without an iota of dirt. Just shut ur mouth and get out of Niger issues this is not ur call neither is it tinubu's,, the western puppet
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Dancebreaker: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
We have no business in Niger. Embargo is enough.

Learn from US/West experience in Iraq/Afghanistan and recent Russian experience in Ukraine.

War is not by who has more army population or equipment.

Our people say "once wrestling starts, the wrestling ground will get larger".

There are too many variables that complicate international wars and make them much costlier in human and economic terms and duration.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by BigIyanga: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
Have we finished fighting Boko Haram??
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by slivertongue: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
APC2:
This may backfire. I leave in the north. Many northerners are not happy with deployment of military to Niger

Already our brothers from the other faith don't agree to the use of force. They see it as a southern agenda to cause further damage to the North especially those from the north west.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by lexy2014: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
NSNO:

The adventure concerns him because we are neighbours, everything that affects them affects us.

Democracy is the best form of government because the people have choices, they can choose. Imagine that buhari was a military head of state, we would still be under his control today. That freedom to choose is a gift that alot of you coupist are taking for granted.

And another consequence of this coup is the lack of international standing. Nigeriens will suffer the consequences of this coup for years because of the short-sightedness of their leaders.

you didnt answer my questions.

1. pls what is is democracy?

but oga that said theres no money for fuel subsidy and that Nigeria's should bear hardship and suffering now wants to spend nigeria's money on an adventure that doesnt concern him.

2. bro, is that democracy from a nigerian stand point?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by mauchiz: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
001Lagos:
Northern Nigeria will be the theater of war where bombs and ballistic missiles will be dropped and takes off ..

Pray for the north 😂😆😂
Plus bokoharam and fulani herdsmen.

This man should not use millitary, who will bring money and soldiers for the war in Niger?

Please, am begging them in the name of God, they should not use Nigeria money and soldiers to fight war in Niger Republic, United States and France should bring their millitary and money to fight the war.

Hunger and hardship is in Nigeria, they should not go bring refugees into Nigeria, when we are not able to cope with ourselves.
Europe should open there borders to us, so we can migrate there, it will make it easy, we don't have space for Niger refugees and no food for them.

We have IDp camps in Nigeria and they are very hungry, the money they want to waste in Niger, should be given to us to build our economy.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by socialmediaman: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Southwestidiot:
what is the difference between Iran, Saudi Arabia and the Emirates how is thier style of rulership different from that of a military regime

I don't owe anyone any answer, however, I will say that I don't care about military rule. I'll rather fight to improve on my democracy than accept military rule.
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Throwback:

You're wrong
So Nigeria should get invoiced in the petty local tribal politics of Niger.
Seems you don't understand anything at all
And i used to think you're enlightened

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Guyman01: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
APC2:
This may backfire. I leave in the north. Many northerners are not happy with deployment of military to Niger
I have not seen a northerner that is in support of going to Niger to kill people on behalf of France

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by baralatie(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
NSNO:

How does athe change of government in Niger affect Nigeria?
The funny thing you are mentioning buhari as a former head of state o!
Did his rule affect the republic of Niger!
So how does going to war with a west African neighbour not amount to aggression

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by lexy2014: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
socialmediaman:

US, France, UN and co have no serious interest in Niger except for maintaining their military bases that give them a headstart in Africa, but Nigeria does. Mali and Burkina Faso already stand behind the dictators, what do you think will happen to Nigeria's fight against insurgency especially with these countries having links to the insurgency in the NE?

thats not what I asked you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Willie2015: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
ppogba:

Writing to the senate is not stupid and misguided.

Will you be happy seeing him take a decision without carrying the senate along?

Nigeria is going to do nada. This is to to find a way to push the issue aside.

Good thinking...

Na to call Akpabio and tell
am on phone to make sure the
request use a minimum of 8 mths... grin cheesy
Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by Throwback: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're wrong
So Nigeria should get invoiced in the petty local tribal politics of Niger.
Seems you don't understand anything at all
And i used to think you're enlightened

You are obviously not enlightened if you think the creeping military rule in West Africa must be treated with kid's gloves.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by cjudy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
One thing I really don’t understand about igbos is this

So u hate Nigeria badly to the level of wishing we got wiped out from d surface of d earth but u still want to rule us

Aren’t we justified for not voting u now cos it would have been d greatest mistake of our lives if we had given sword to the one who hates us the most

To u non igbos that got decieved into voting their Igbo agenda during election, hope u can see now?

They never regard u, u were just a pawn in their chess game, now that your eyes are clear I pray u don’t make same stupid mistake in d future cos if people like us don’t repel your stupidity then we would have found ourselves in d hands of an enemy who disguised as a friend

Imagine how igbos so wish us bad on social media n tell me come 2027 that any of their candidate deserves to b given power

See this one. Who hate you?
What’s your business with Niger. The military took over power in Niger and you can’t sleep in peace anymore.
Why involving Igbos? Is it now a crime for someone to support the military of another country? You claimed the Igbos are enemies of Nigeria and yet your same country won’t let them be on their own.
Cut ties with your enemies. What’s Bulaba business in Niger? Oh I see ECOWAS chairman and he want to sacrifice his foot soldiers.
Let me remind you, Niger Soldiers are ready to die at any time just to protect their country. The corruption there was getting out of hand and they need to intervene. See a whole finance minister crying and shaking on national TV just because he was asked to give account of money allocated to him.
If same happen here, even LG Councillor can’t account for 100k given to him.
The so called Democracy in Africa is scam. The politicians have milked us dry. Your Balablu said he said 1trillion from removal of subsidy and yet he’s looking for to borrow 500bn for palliative. Get sense na even if you don’t have sense, just keep quiet and watch. Everything to you shouldn’t be Igbo this and that. Igbos have you, Igbos hate Nigeria, Igbos are this, Igbos are that, can’t you comment without mentioning them? I believe they make you Cum too always. I’m Southern and not Igbo but I can tell you, this people wished this country well because none and I repeat none president since 1960 can boast of development in Nigeria. Nigeria is still a shithole, well I think you need to visit other developed countries then you will know you’re leaving in Canal.

Leave Igbo out of your mouth. Leave Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger by ForChrist1: 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
Abeg Nigeria should be careful when bombing Niger Republic with our Super Tucanos. That country is littered with uranium and breeze may blow it south.

Siddon mode look activated.

Let's see how things turn out. Niger is already a war zone with nothing to lose. But should they decide to retaliate and rain missiles down on Lagos via a carefully orchestrated air raid, then we will see who the real losers are.

You wey your military never chop belleful, and even citizens facing hardship are crying for military intervention in Niger whose coup activity bears no security threat whatsoever to Nigeria's sovereignty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Real Reasons Atiku Wasn’t Declared Winner Of Election / Buhari Meets Tinubu In Aso Rock Villa / APC And PDP Erect Big Campaign Banners At The Same Place In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.