Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu (37427 Views)

Bode George To Okowa: Make Amends With Ibori, Your Leader / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders / OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Tookool(m): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
Thought Bode George had said he would leave Nigeria if Tinubu wins the election.

2 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Johnboom: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
This man that said he will leave Nigeria permanently if Tinubu is declared President. Who take him serious again?

2 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by GloriousGbola: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
I thought bode was going to leave Nigeria because Tinubu won?

He should be writing as a contract splitting ex convict.

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by MadamExcellency: 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wainey:
So you think Nigerian soldiers will support Niger and fight their own country?

Lolz,

Buhari voted against a Nigerian (Igbo man) gave the vote to a Niger man in African Union in 1984. Nothing has changed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by staga: 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wainey:
Niger does not have what it takes to stand ECOWAS.
Also I don't want this war on Niger, they are trying to find a govt that will suit them, but I seriously don't want them to think a military dictator is better than a democratic govt.

I think they have to look for a voice in Democracy than settling for military rule

How will this come about when politicians only know how to manipulate election results, buy votes and pervert the course of justice?

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Chetas81(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
OJODEL10:
we pray he listen
we are hungry
we need food not bullets
keep the prayer louder, but remember that no bad citizen can build a great nation, Nigerian citizen love miracle over intelligence
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by anungangampu: 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wainey:
So you think Nigerian soldiers will support Niger and fight their own country?

Lolz,
Omoh eh, it seems most of you woke up to Nigeria from mars. Or is another kind of memory loss from living in denial?

6 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Angelfrost(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Well... He has already started.

Instead of stepping back to observe like other West African nations, he quickly went on the offensive.

Now, he has dragged himself and the entire Nigeria into a needless dispute and cold war with a neighboring nation... To what end?!! Just to score cheap political points.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Gajagojo: 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Bode George is an elder and general

He should know better
His advice is good but should be given in private

In these sorts of situations you should not publicise disunity

Don't let anybody outside the family know what you are thinking

Don Corleone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtc4f7Ez7FA
Even if you have zero intention of war the threat of war can be just as effective if your enemy believes it

Anyhow even if we don't go to war with Niger the instability there will still affect us

How do bandits get weapons?

Niger should see a build up of forces at the border even if we won't use it

2 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by OmoGomesIlorin: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
EKONGKING:
This is the most sensible post by Bode george .

Tinubu should be careful . All wars start on a happy note among countries who support it ,but ultimately majority of them do not go as planned .

Saudi - Yemen ,Russia -Ukraine ,USA - Afghanistan, USA -Vietnam, Soviet -Afghanistan ,USA -Iraq wars to name a few ,have not gone to plan .

Soviet adventures in Afghanistan is one of the major point in the dissolution of Soviet union as Soviet union, already close to bankruptcy became one after this war .

USA adventures in Iraq ,Afghanistan have tremendously inflated DEBT of USA , as dollar is de facto currency of the world and they can print as much money as they want ,There are only feeling small pain or else they would also be bankrupt like Soviet union .

Nigeria economy is in a worse shape to handle this war .

If Tinubu wants to go to war ,if his military advisors recommend ,then not only Nigeria army but also USA and France Army already present should join the campaign and USA should provide Billions of dollars to Nigeria for support as it cost lots of money to move troops and material .

Failing to do this ,Nigeria might be on verge of collapse like Soviet Union due to huge economic burden .

Having said that ,Tinubu being a street smart politician knows exactly what he is doing .

But Nigeria Millitary OP has always been successfull
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Wainey: 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
DrMPH:

That is where you're wrong sir, in war as in love, assumption is dangerous. You would have thought Russia has overrun Ukraine by now. Be reminded that the same forces (interests) are at play in Niger. So, expect it to drag on needlessly. People profit from war (insurgencies in the North is only a tip of the iceberg). While, Niger may have unwittingly but ceremoniously chosen the path of destruction, does Nigeria need to follow suit? Look at the map, study war history, which border countries can Nigeria count on in the Sahel? ECOWAS will lose woefully, and Nigeria disgraced.
Emphasis is that "Don't start what you can't finish, war is (strategic), not a tea party". We should not let ego drive us nuts, we could just turn a blind eye and fix our own mess.
I really don't want this war but I really want ECOWAS to bring back democracy in Niger.

Military rule doesn't respect fundamental human right o, a dictator can even take your mother as his wife and jail your father if he speaks, there is no constitution to hold him as he is bigger than the Constitution, there is no checks and balances either, no legislative or Judiciary, and there is no election.
You will endure that dictator until there is another coup, and if the next dictator is worse than the previous one, you will run to another country as a refugee.
Don't ever pray for a military govt

4 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Chetas81(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:
I thought bode was going to leave Nigeria because Tinubu won?

He should be writing as a contract splitting ex convict.
sit down let the tinubu bring war to your doorstep, as you guys always laugh at the reality

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by crossbreedwears(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
If you're sensible enough, you'd understand what Bode George said.

Let me translate to a common ley man language. He said there are ways to resolve the conflict
without sending soliders to Niger. Tinubu is judt acting as Head of Ecowas which i truly understands. He doesn't have knowledge in the military unless the likes of Obasanjo, Yaradua and Buhari
Jones4190:
rule number 10 " do not take advice from the camp of your enemy" bode George is an enemy

3 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by derecho(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
If Tinubu is wise, he'd heed to this free advice. But the Tinubu I know isn't wise.
He talks before thinking.

You want to fight Another country when you lack support from Nigerians or does he think Oluomo and Asari can last in Niger for 2days?

Tinubu should understand Nigerians didn't send him to defend them. If he feels slighted, he should carry Seyi Tinubu and his family to go and defend Bazoum

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Exceed15: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wainey:
Also I don't want this war on Niger, they are trying to find a govt that will suit them, but I seriously don't want them to think a military dictator is better than a democratic govt.

I think they have to look for a voice in Democracy than settling for military rule

Africa has been impoverished in the name democracy. The people eyes have opened. They compared, contrast and discovered they faired well under the military.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Nonexisting1: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
Number two, when you have a crisis within, you solve that first before going international with a ‘Big Brother’ posture.
Elder statesman has vomited words on marble but children of perdition will soon call him Igbo man. We have problems within yet you're scrambling to solve other people's problem. Okay, let the insults on this fine gentleman begin. Where are defenders of evil?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Adjovi: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ebola no go kuku hear word

2 Likes

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by pansophist(m): 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tinubu is doing the jobs of his western masters. If he fails to enter Niger, they will deal with him.

The West can't send soldiers to protect their hegemony worldwide, so they need stooges to implement their will. Besides, what's the meaning of democracy if the citizens have no say?

What's different between what is happening in Niger and Ukraine, where Ukrainians overthrew the government? The West supported the overthrow.

Nigeria is a lynchpin to imperialism in west Africa. No matter the sins Tinubu or Buhari commit, the West will ignore because it's just collateral damage for their interest to flourish.

Things like this are what makes me sad. Our so called leaders are nothing but gatekeepers to neocolonialism, and their time will be up soon.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by EKONGKING: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

But Nigeria Millitary OP has always been successfull

Its the economy i am worried about and that's the reason ,i said USA should provide for the costs . .
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by BoldBrainz(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wainey:
same age as ur father.

Right. It's pretty obvious then.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
The evil party does not listen to anybody apart from bribery and corruption....
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by DonroxyII: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jones4190:
rule number 10 " do not take advice from the camp of your enemy" bode George is an enemy
Bode George is a Coward & Saboteur ... Military General Kwanu Tearing down War !

Anyway, Nigeria needs to Establish Her Footprint in West Africa & Sub-Saharan Africa Then the Entire Africa & Lead Africa to The Global Table to Face the Universes, Amen !

The Journey Begins Now ..

Nevertheless, to Be Respected in the International Community, We need to Fix Our Country Such That when we Breathe Fire, Africa & The World Shakes !

By God, We Have what it takes Only If We Can Put Heads & 1 + 2 things Together!

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Wainey: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
staga:

How will this come about when politicians only know how to manipulate election results, buy votes and pervert the course of justice?
You have no idea what military rule feels like.
There is nothing like Justice in military rule.
And if a dictator removes subsidy and you complain, he might kill you instead of negotiating palliative, there is no room for peaceful protest and there is nothing like fundamental human right.

You should be scared of military rule in a modern society

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Nonexisting1: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
crossbreedwears:
If you're sensible enough, you'd understand what Bode George said.

Let me translate to a common ley man language. He said there are ways to resolve the conflict
without sending soliders to Niger. Tinubu is judt acting as Head of Ecowas which i truly understands. He doesn't have knowledge in the military unless the likes of Obasanjo, Yaradua and Buhari
You're flogging a dead horse. The fool didn't even read the script. All they know and see is politics in everything. They are not called zombies for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Exceed15: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tinubu na toothless dog in this matter. He should focus on the almost grounded country under his nose.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by harmargedon: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wainey:

with our years in democracy, do you think that system of government really works for Africans, using Nigeria as a case study.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Wizardslayer: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tinubu is an illegitimate president, so why is he trying to unseat another illegitimate junta

Whom the gods has chosen to kill they first make mad.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Chetas81(m): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No offence, but how old are you?
only if you older than him
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by phorget(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
The rich will only jet out ones the war begins and the fate of those agbadorians is what I cant guarantee.
The war will even hasten the departure of the igbos since I know they wont involve in prosecuting any senseless war by Ebola.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Wainey: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Buhari voted against a Nigerian (Igbo man) gave the vote to a Niger man in African Union in 1984. Nothing has changed.
let's talk about Ngozi Iweala since you had to put Igbo in this

You guys will always be petty.
Goodnight
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by RPG2020(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jones4190:

And rules number 11 never count your homies pocket and think you deserve it cheesy
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Nonexisting1: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No offence, but how old are you?
Powerful response there. Only children knoweth not what happeneth in the fight againsteth boko haram in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors / Helicopter Loaded With Arms Lands In Taraba Village / JJ Omojuwa, Debola Williams, Fela Durutoye React To Stealing Nigeria's Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.