Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu (37490 Views)

Bode George To Okowa: Make Amends With Ibori, Your Leader / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders / OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by akilo1: 3:40am On Aug 05, 2023
What bode still doing in Nigeria?
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by wildernessVoice: 3:41am On Aug 05, 2023
Wainey:
Niger does not have what it takes to stand ECOWAS.
Also I don't want this war on Niger, they are trying to find a govt that will suit them, but I seriously don't want them to think a military dictator is better than a democratic govt.

I think they have to look for a voice in Democracy than settling for military rule

Civilians are now worse than military.
They dictate candidate to stand for a party.
They dictate who emerge winner of election.
They dictate harsh removal of fuel subsidy.
They dictate sales of National assets to themselves and cronies.
They dictate virtually everything without recourse to popular opinion in public hearing at the NASS or town hall meetings.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 05, 2023
Chief Olabode Tewonde George!

So much respec for the dude.

Dude fought tooth and nail to pry Lagos from the kleptomaniac fingers of Tinubu those days during Obj days.

I respect him though that he did not switch party.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Bosch10(m): 3:47am On Aug 05, 2023
Wainey:
Also I don't want this war on Niger, they are trying to find a govt that will suit them, but I seriously don't want them to think a military dictator is better than a democratic govt.

I think they have to look for a voice in Democracy than settling for military rule
that should not be your problem.let the people of Niger worry about that.
Their presidents did nothing in the past to help their suffering.let them also taste military rule.as bode George said,when it's time,the people Will decide on what to do
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:49am On Aug 05, 2023
aybabz101:

Nigeria has the largest economy in the continent with the highest number of people! Nigeria supplies about four different west african countries electricity and also assist in terms of finance......

How are Niger nigerias enemies? I never said Niger is an enemy of Nigeria. pls read my post again.

how does the above make nigeria a giant in west africa?

what are the 4 different countries nigeria supplies electricity to?

do you have any idea why nigeria supplies electricity to them? is it for free?

who and who does nigeria assist with finance in west africa?

If you say "nigeria need to keep things in check in this region", how has nigeria kept bad governance and poverty in check in the region?

is this from you below?
aybabz101:

These people are our neighbors and enemies of Nigeria must not be in power particularly not a domineering military Junta!
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by THeUNIFIER: 3:50am On Aug 05, 2023
DeOTR:

He who pays the piper dictates the tone. Niger is literally the 37th states in Nigeria, so whatever happens there is our problem.
If things go South for the country with this dictator in power, it's still Nigeria that'll bear the financial brunt.

If I were to be the President, I'll start building a China-like great wall along our border with Niger and Chad and man it with men ready to shoot trespassers at sight. Since the people are happy with soldiers in government, they should enjoy their country.
The poverty in that country is causing a refugee crisis in Nigeria already. Most of these people we call Hausas are actually Nigeriens. They only get to learn Hausa on arrival.

1. The so called democratically elected leaders are responsible for the pitiful state of the country today
2. The Nigeriens are actually in support of this. It would've been a different case if they weren't. Do you think America would've cared if they were killed instead by this same military while they were marching out in peaceful protests? Your answer is as good as mine.
3. We have our hands full with insurgency from IPOB, BOKO, etc to want to send our troops far away from home.
4. We've been told that there's no money for subsidizing education, petroleum products and electricity, yet there seems to be enough for war.
5. This war is a power tussle between NATO and Russia. The French got kicked out to let the Russians in and America isn't happy about that. They fear Russia's influence may spread if left unchecked whereby many Africans may begin to abolish their democratic system of governance.
6. PBAT should be more concerned about reinforcing our borders and not directly invading Niger which I don't think he's thought of the consequences to come. For instance, Russia might assist the Nigeriens forces in crippling our economy by bombing pipelines or important infrastructures. We know how porous our borders are.
7. We stand to lose more if the Russia backed Nigeriens decide to retaliate and trust me when I say we're already too divided to want this.
8. PBAT is more concerned about pleasing the international community than listening to his own people. The Nigerian army is mostly made up of northerners, many of which are originally from Niger which in itself is problem.
9. America doesn't mean well for Africa! They stand to profit from this by selling weapons and ammunitions to the ECOWAS side of the conflict.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Gratefullheart: 3:51am On Aug 05, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=124884699][/quote] bode George is an enemy ....it's advice is biased
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:52am On Aug 05, 2023
Peppysco:

Exactly what I thought you would do.
A word of advice, please, say no more.

with all the problems in Nigeria, are you saying Tinubu is so jobless that messing with brains is the only thing he can do with his time?
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by osigiepurr(m): 4:20am On Aug 05, 2023
Na only letters all the past Nigeria Army Generals sabi write. We are still waiting for Obasanjo to write his own letter.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Originalsly: 4:46am On Aug 05, 2023
victorv12:

What makes you think Niger doesn't have what it takes to stand ECOWAS? Bro, don't let's dwell into that. With what Bode George said, don't you think Nigeria has a country is about to get herself involved in a proxy war?

The war Russia, China, France, US along with the EU countries set-up to negotiate before the war get to their continent. I can see now that black people doesn't think critically. "To some, a smile is like a trojan horse."

Tinubu is playing out the handbook of America, France along with the US. Tinubu owns a property in France. He was once find wanting in the US and in the UK, he owns more than a property there. So, he can easily be manipulated and touched by these country's leaders.

I do agree with what Bode George said. After all .... the US along with others spent 20 years in Afghanistan before crawling out...... what did they accomplish with their superior firepower and technology ?
One thing I feared about Tinubu being President is he may be doing the bidding of the US. I fear they may hold the threat of reopening the drug case after 'finding new evidence ' that can lead to his downfall and imprisonment. It is beyond me for him to give orders and an ultimatum to a country as though we have a military that can enforce the change. Is it really Tinubu?.. or the US and France using Tinubu? Why? ... the US has the largest drone base in Africa based in Niger. It has a whole lot more bases there... it is the hub of its military operations in Africa. The new leaders want them out. Niger is the 7th largest producer of uranium with France operating more than 75% of the mines...The new leaders want the French out .... and the US bases out. They are aligning with Russia.... their citizens remain the poorest under the West and now they rather take chances with Russia. Will the US and France allow that? I guess get Nigeria to invade and they will give "technical support". The coup leader and some others were trained by the US military .... the assistance they give to Niger... all about military and nothing for the civilians. The chicken has come home to roost. Tinubu need to shut up or be neutral. Burkina Faso and Mali also had enough if the West.... no progress ... the reason they will help Niger. We need to open our eyes and do what's best for us.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Arielle: 4:52am On Aug 05, 2023
Wainey:
So you think Nigerian soldiers will support Niger and fight their own country?

Lolz,
What is "lolz"? Is it that you don't know that a lot of northerners share common ancestory with Niger and Chad? Many of them still have family in those countries and even maintain homes there. Divided allegiance, even skewed towards Niger, is a reality we must acknowledge.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Arielle: 4:56am On Aug 05, 2023
Democracy is dead in Nigeria. Until we set our house right, we have no moral justification to point fingers at anyone else. We are currently the laughing stock of the world with a president who has offered our country on a silver platter to the US.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Druss(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2023
Wainey:

What business do you have with Niger? A military approach will unsettle the region. Where do you think those fleeing the war will settle. You have been watching too many nice war movies. Nigeria should not go to war. Instead pursue the reinstatement of democracy.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by orisa37: 5:19am On Aug 05, 2023
THE WARNING IS RIPE. HEED IT.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by fineboynl(m): 5:21am On Aug 05, 2023
Lol. The Nigerian military is underrating Niger just same way Russian underrates Ukraine.

In war you cannot predict it outcomes. Even if America goes to way with Nigeria as far as we share the same border. Both side will collect worowoto forget super power status.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Druss(m): 5:23am On Aug 05, 2023
THeUNIFIER:

No you're the enemy. I have to notice that only the western part of the country is urging PBAT to proceed for purely tribalistic reasons. They don't understand war or the consequences it poses yet they're quick to run their mouth

See this one. Bringing tribalism. Bode George is from what part? Even FFK is saying no and he is from what part? The person that is paying you should ask for a refund. Your intellect is as weak as the naira and you are clearly made of stupid.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Jones4190(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2023
Badguy77:

What makes bode George an enemy? Is he not a Nigerian and has a right to air his view? He said he is talking from an ex generals paspetive and you call him an enemy? You and your likes are the real enemy of Nigeria.
Because he is Nigeria that stop him from been an enemy? have he ever support tinubu before?
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Druss(m): 5:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Wainey:
I really don't want this war but I really want ECOWAS to bring back democracy in Niger.

Military rule doesn't respect fundamental human right o, a dictator can even take your mother as his wife and jail your father if he speaks, there is no constitution to hold him as he is bigger than the Constitution, there is no checks and balances either, no legislative or Judiciary, and there is no election.
You will endure that dictator until there is another coup, and if the next dictator is worse than the previous one, you will run to another country as a refugee.
Don't ever pray for a military govt

Are you or other members of your close family joining the military? Niger isn't worth the cost. As Bode mentioned there is something at stake - a new pipeline. This is part of a larger battle between the West and Russia similar to Syria. Follow the gas. There are countries privately putting pressure on Tinubu. The President should say no.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Jones4190(m): 5:27am On Aug 05, 2023
Blaze14k:

Enemy of who precisely? So u think war is a better option?
even you that was shouting biafrug or war before don't want war now
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Druss(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2023
Jones4190:
Because he is Nigeria that stop him from been an enemy? have he ever support tinubu before?

You are mistaking political rivalry for being a personal enemy? Nice try. Being a member of a rival party doesn't mean one is an enemy of Nigeria. That is the logic that puts small minded shallow people in trouble. Bode has every right to do what he has done. If Tinubu wants yes men, he should hire you as his personal jester.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by orisa37: 5:29am On Aug 05, 2023
NIGERIA IS A 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND EACH STATE IS REALLY FULLY AUTONOMOUS.
TINUBU HAS NO TERRITORY OF HIS OWN.
SO DON'T TAKE ANY STATE FOR GRANTED. THAT'S WHAT BODE GEORGE IS SAYING.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Jones4190(m): 5:32am On Aug 05, 2023
Druss:

You are mistaking political rivalry for being a personal enemy? Nice try. Being a member of a rival party doesn't mean one is an enemy of Nigeria. That is the logic that puts small minded shallow people in trouble. Bode has every right to do what he has done. If Tinubu wants yes men, he should hire you as his personal jester.
in the history of Nigeria when a group of handle mop started supporting you just know you are doing the wrong thing but when they started going against you know that you are doing the right thing.
look at how they are supporting Niger now.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Druss(m): 5:36am On Aug 05, 2023
Jones4190:
in the history of Nigeria when a group of handle mop started supporting you just know you are doing the wrong thing but when they started going against you know that you are doing the right thing.
look at how they are supporting Niger now.

No one is supporting Niger. You are not reading properly. They are saying 'Do not use the military option'. Once you go down the route of military, it is not as straight forward as you think!

Reason this: we can not and haven't defeated Boko Haram or is it ISWAP! We now want to open another front for war. That is ridiculous. As Bode said, Nigeria was not having economic issues as today when we financed ECOMOG in earlier conflicts. We are struggling to defend the naira presently. Tinubu should pick his battles and what strategies to fight the battles.

His immediate speech was very unusual of a Western Nigerian elder. He needs people who understand war and the importance of logistics in war. It is not something you pick without experience.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Druss(m): 5:39am On Aug 05, 2023
ehikwe22:

You're too ignorant. When a war starts, that's when you know who you're fighting.

That is if you are lucky they show themselves. At times someone will be playing both sides to extend the war. A war with Nigerian soldiers only suits foreign powers. It doesn't suit Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by orisa37: 5:40am On Aug 05, 2023
TCHIANI AND BAZOUM ARE JUST LAYING AMBUSH FOR NIGERIA.
AND PLEASE REMEMBER, "I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER ME", IS A WELL TRAINED NIGERIA MILITARY AMBUSH STRATEGIST.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by orisa37: 5:48am On Aug 05, 2023
IT IS NOT WEAKNESS BUT STRENGTH TO KNOW THAT CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
IT TAKES A SOLDIER TO KNOW A SOLDIER. TINUBU IS EMILOKAN BUT NOT A SOLDIER. BODE GEORGE IS A SOLDIER LIKE OBASANJO AND THE SCORPION. HE IS NOT OJUKWU AND BUHARI.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by tonididdy(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2023
War is not a Tea party indeed

I dare tinibu to invade niger and laslas the reverse will be the case*
Niger has the backing if both Russia and Wagner forces. They will be backed with modern arsenals and TINIBU WILL REGRET HIS ACTIONS.

Anyways it's all a pipe dream
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Blaze14k: 6:13am On Aug 05, 2023
Jones4190:
even you that was shouting biafrug or war before don't want war now

Lol so you actually think biafra want war. Seriously I don't understand how u people think. And u are very quick to forget things and find who to blame..
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by maasoap(m): 6:18am On Aug 05, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Let those inexperienced minors continue blaming the Igbos and the Obidients until they destroy what is left of Nigeria because of hate and bigotry.

Being antiwar and pro-diplomacy is now seen as unpatriotic. What a degenerated set of people with nothing other than bragging rights that changes nothing in their lives better than their so-called "losers".

Stop wailing and stop echoing Bode George's sentiment, someone who is supposed to be in exile by now, BTW.
Nigeria and other WA countries have obligation to force dictator out of power when he has refused to listen to all the warnings and advices. Or, you want WA leaders to fold their arms and watch helplessly until coups start to spread like harmattan fire?
There is a pact, there is agreement, coupists have no relevant in modern day world.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by Bobbiee: 6:19am On Aug 05, 2023
DrMPH:

That is where you're wrong sir, in war as in love, assumption is dangerous. You would have thought Russia has overrun Ukraine by now. Be reminded that the same forces (interests) are at play in Niger. So, expect it to drag on needlessly. People profit from war (insurgencies in the North is only a tip of the iceberg). While, Niger may have unwittingly but ceremoniously chosen the path of destruction, does Nigeria need to follow suit? Look at the map, study war history, which border countries can Nigeria count on in the Sahel? ECOWAS will lose woefully, and Nigeria disgraced.
Emphasis is that "Don't start what you can't finish, war is (strategic), not a tea party". We should not let ego drive us nuts, we could just turn a blind eye and fix our own mess.

What's more is that going by the Sudan conflict, I DO NOT expect the West to show any vested interest like they did in Ukraine and the Yemen crisis. Niger does not pose a big economic benefit to the West. To Russia on the other hand, Niger is very important. There's also Algeria and Libya, one of the chief runners of weapons. Note that it's even easier accessing Iran military tech from Libya than it is from Russia. Libya has always been under western sanction and they are already backed by Russia. Algeria has always been anti west. Who do you think they will back? Russia and Niger or Nigeria? Libya in particular, aligns with Niger for ideological reasons.

Nigeria would be doomed. The people within the country are even strongly anti west. We are a black nation no less. A divided nation can never unite to fight Niger. There are powerful Nigerians who have a vested interest in Niger kicking out the french. Remember there are several boko Haram sponsors in Nigeria who feel that France has been impeding that spread. Aside this villains, there are other Nigerians who simply have a bit of sense and just want there to be peace and any protracted war with Niger would lead to calamity for both sides.
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by maasoap(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2023
orisa37:
IT IS NOT WEAKNESS BUT STRENGTH TO KNOW THAT CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
IT TAKES A SOLDIER TO KNOW A SOLDIER. TINUBU IS EMILOKAN BUT NOT A SOLDIER. BODE GEORGE IS A SOLDIER LIKE OBASANJO AND THE SCORPION. HE IS NOT OJUKWU AND BUHARI.
Unfortunately for you, Tinubu is the commander in chief of the FRN, not Bode George. Therefore, the responsibility to honour pact is on Tinubu, not on Bode. Do you kids even know anything at all?
Re: Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu by nosa2ekundayo: 6:22am On Aug 05, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=124884699][/quote]
My own experience with these regions especially Niger is that we are now inlaws oh...Nigeriens has so married Nigerians to the extent that soldiers see the war as going home to rest with their wives.
Other ECOWAS countries that haven't supported the coup hasn't yet gotten the clear picture of what is going on..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abacha Lost His Life To Filipino Doctors Not Indian Prostitutes – Gen. Ovadje / Eviction Of Bororo Fulani Herdsmen: Ibadan Tensed Up / ISWAP Training Child Soldiers In North-East Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.