Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike (52786 Views)

NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol / JUST IN: Nigeria Confirms Another Case Of Coronavirus / Breaking!!! Nigeria Confirms Another Case Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by grandstar(m): 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
Tianamen1:

You sound just like Nairalanda1.
Your point of view is too simplistic a lacks understanding of what the issues are.

What do Kenya, Ethiopia, and Ghana export that the value of their currencies are not falling?

Why is the value of the Naira falling? If the Naira keeps losing value, the price of petrol will keep rising.

This is the core issue not whether fuel should be cheap or expensive.

You're 100% correct. Those fixated with cheap petrol never want to accept the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 12:00am On Aug 11, 2023
Tianamen1:

You sound just like Nairalanda1.
Your point of view is too simplistic a lacks understanding of what the issues are.

What do Kenya, Ethiopia, and Ghana export that the value of their currencies are not falling?

Why is the value of the Naira falling? If the Naira keeps losing value, the price of petrol will keep rising.

This is the core issue not whether fuel should be cheap or expensive.
How much commodity is being imported/Exported in those countries compared to Nigeria? Can you furnish us with those figures?
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Tianamen1: 12:09am On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
How much commodity is being imported/Exported in those countries compared to Nigeria? Can you furnish us with those figures?

A slowpoke will tell you that you cannot compare the cars, the houses, the clothes, the phones, the lifestyles of Nigerian politicians and civil servants to those of other African countries. You can also not compare the inequalities that exist in Nigeria to other African countries.

The mess we are all witnessing in West Africa is a direct consequence of the profligacy of Nigerian leaders. Other parts of Africa are leaving us behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Rick9(m): 12:46am On Aug 11, 2023
Agbadonians will buy it for N50.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 1:17am On Aug 11, 2023
Tianamen1:

A slowpoke will tell you that you cannot compare the cars, the houses, the clothes, the phones, the lifestyles of Nigerian politicians and civil servants to those of other African countries. You can also not compare the inequalities that exist in Nigeria to other African countries.

The mess we are all witnessing in West Africa is a direct consequence of the profligacy of Nigerian leaders. Other parts of Africa are leaving us behind.
Profligacy? What about the multi nationals in Africa that repatriate their profits to their respective parents countries? The clothes you wear is imported, your gadgets are imported, some of the food you consume are imported, cars? Imported, fuel imported, building materials imported, some toiletries are even imported, jokers! A 100m populated country heavily dependent and reliant on importation comparing itself to smaller African countries. The japa thing that seems to be the fad is also a problem . If I was Bola Tinubu or obi or Atiku, I'll relocate to Switzerland and watch the country burn since majority of the masses are ignorant. They want to buy fuel at 50 naira per liter without taking a lot of factors into consideration.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Tianamen1: 4:08am On Aug 11, 2023
@vanitybutiwanti

Both External and internal factors induced this economic crisis.

External factors include Covid-19 disrupting supply chains, the Russian-Ukrainian war, the rise in US interest rates, America entering into a period of credit deacceleration, and issues with globalization amidst conflicts between the United States and China.

Internal factors in Nigeria include rapid population increase, a lack of productivity, as you have rightly mentioned, and Nigerian's High taste for all things imported, as my first response to you stressed.

What can Nigeria do?
Research has shown that girl child education significantly contributes to the decrease in birth rates in the Western world. No developed country has the kind of basic education system found in Nigeria.
Government invest in quality basic education for their young citizens and then taxes these citizens when they reach adulthood.
Quality public education not only teaches children mathematics, science and other skills but also mixes children from different economic strata, creating an environment that fosters quality friendships and competition amongst young people.

Quality basic education will help solve our productivity and population problems.

As for the taste and preference issues, Richer Nigerians need to be taxed more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Fujiyama: 6:11am On Aug 11, 2023
Omoawoke:
Nice epistle. But I don’t see how changes the fact that Asiwaju remains the best candidate.

^^^
grin

Remains the best candidate?

Rather strange choice of words and tenses. undecided

The time for talk about candidates has passed. The election has come and gone - it took place 6 months ago and a 'winner' was declared and sworn in. With the heat you are feeling on this thread, it should be clear to you that nobody is interested in tales about 'candidates'. It is time to govern. Your man is now in the driving seat. The problem is that he is asleep at the wheel. undecided

Omoawoke:
I did not say I regret choosing Jagaban. I only made mention of the policy which I was against. And pls show me any government in the world that is perfect ! The fact we choose a candidate doesn’t mean they are perfect.

^^^
grin

Aha.

Still talking about 'candidates' - nearly 3 months after people were sworn in. undecided

Still giving excuses, explanations, disclaimers and equivocation of all sorts. Its time to govern, godammit. Leaders are elected to solve problems - not to describe them.

Omoawoke:
And the fact that your candidate did not win does not warrant hoping that your country fails

^^^
undecided

Yet another reference to 'candidates'? You are bogged down in the past.

Show me a driver who looks only at the rear view mirror...and I'll show you a driver who is bound to crash. Its clear you would love to remain in perpetual campaign mode but...the election is over. Deal with it. Its time to govern.

There is a country that needs to be led and your man is failing miserably. Instead of arguing endlessly here, tell him to correct his errors so that the criticism will end.

That's all.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 6:41am On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
just the way you and your unfortunate father has been electing failures in the SE, thank God you and your ilks were stopped from foisting peter obi the failure on Nigeria tongue
you're a known failure right from time immemorial. You voted failure for two term and still went ahead to vote another failure pro max grin
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by ufotunang: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2023
Iykopee:
Thîefnubu ran away from presidential debate for a reason. Now, this is the outcome of having a useless idiot like thîefnubu @ the helm of affairs.
...that is the problem and nigerians will like to vote for the candidate that ran away from presidential debates and media TV interviews..same thing nigerians voted for Buhari that ran away from presidential debates and media TV interviews... nigerians do not learn
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by ufotunang: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2023
That is the problem when you vote for an old and dull person into power
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by ufotunang: 6:54am On Aug 11, 2023
Nigerians should had left PDP to still be in power...at least the economy was good during PDP time...but when APC was voted into power everything scattered in nigeria
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by ufotunang: 6:59am On Aug 11, 2023
Tinubu should peg the dollars ...not to float the naira against the dollars ... nigeria is a country that demands for dollars too much for importation of goods, products, cars, medical treatment abroad, schooling abroad...we should value what we have in nigeria...we like foreign things too much
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by otokx(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2023
Some IPMAN members would soon go out of business due to poor sales.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Mandem2: 7:18am On Aug 11, 2023
Omoawoke:
The biggest mistake was floating naira at the same time subsidy was removed.
Nothing to check or balance the other. Both fuel price and naira will be dancing azonto.
The govenrment need to be extra creative and find a way to solve this problem

I am Jagaban supporter but I never supported the floating of the naira from day one

Meanwhile

Some people like this mofo are irredeemably senseless
Because your candidate did not win an election is no reason to wish your country fail and celebrate bad news. There’s something about the universe, you will eventually get what you wish one way or the other. The way you sniff around looking for bad news, that energy will locate you and bad news will eventually hit you.
I asked myself sincerely, if obi had won and become president, would I because of that wish my country bad and hoping it fails? Of course no. There are times when you should know when to draw the line. Politics is one thing, hating your country is another.
It's very unfortunate that bad governance is being equated to hating Nigeria. Ogbeni I think the writing is on the wall for everyone to see about the current government. I personally I am hoping it gets better but.......
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by MRMRMR: 8:37am On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
your people are begging Emeka to sell foodstuffs for them on credit grin
U don't even know me, so how can u know my pple. Who's emeka?
Are u ok? If u are on prescription drugs, kindly take them o, because I no understand ur yannings.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2023
MRMRMR:

U don't even know me, so how can u know my pple. Who's emeka?
Are u ok? If u are on prescription drugs, kindly take them o, because I no understand ur yannings.
i know you. You're Emilokan asslicker
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you're a known failure right from time immemorial. You voted failure for two term and still went ahead to vote another failure pro max grin
Just the way you and your illiterate father voted for a failure in your region. You and your father are illiterates thats why you blame people for your poverty and misfortune
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Ray07(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2023
nairalanda1:
This shows why subsidy had to go.

Before, it would have been government protecting you not only from the rising costs of production, but also the vagaries of the naira vs the dollar.

Assuming subsidy was still here, I can see the amount of money now that Tinubu would be budgeting for it...and it would be very high. I can also see money being taken away from other sectors to pay for the rising subsidy cost.

Back in 2012, the same Tinubu opposed GEJ when GEJ tried to remove subsidy. And the fact is, he knew better. By removing subsidy on may 29, he showed he knew better. But him no wan hear..and he and Buhari joined occupy Nigeria to shoot down a good policy for Nigeria because politics.

But then again, most Nigerians then, as at now, oppose subsidy removal.

But what this shows is that if subsidy had been retained by Tinubu, by the end of the year, paying for the thing, plus keeping the naira at an artifical rate to the dollar...would have consumed our revenue, borrowed money, and so on just to keep up. A few more years, and one day, we would wake up to banks telling us to withdraw N20000 a month because....there is no cash anywhere. Even for looting.

Lord knows I do not like PDP , OR APC. But we should have removed this subsidy in 2012...and it is a good thing, even very late, that we removed it now. But let's be honest, GEJ should have grown a pair of balls and removed the subsidy in 2012. Yes, he would have lost by 12 million votes in 2015, but history would have vindicated him.

But then again, this is a journey we started in 1973, when we had to let the poor breathe.
Hmm . . . It is well with your country.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 10:38am On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
Just the way you and your illiterate father voted for a failure in your region. You and your father are illiterates thats why you blame people for your poverty and misfortune
I am a Yoruba guy if you don't know. You think i am that foolish to support APC after Buhari failure? Only dumb 30k stipend to asslicking mofos support a old frail Emilokan who has nothing to offer Nigerians
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by tommyray4ever(m): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2023
Hiya!
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I am a Yoruba guy if you don't know. You think i am that foolish to support APC after Buhari failure? Only dumb 30k stipend to asslicking mofos support a old frail Emilokan who has nothing to offer Nigerians
You a lier, I don't care if you're Igbo or youruba but it's very normal for igbos to claim to be Yorubas on the internet. Bring your father and the head of your extended family, let's see what he has to offer Nigerians. You and your father that hasn't done anything spectacular with your lives are always quick to open your loud months to spew trash. Get lost and run along
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
You a lier, I don't care if you're Igbo or youruba but it's very normal for igbos to claim to be Yorubas on the internet. Bring your father and the head of your extended family, let's see what he has to offer Nigerians. You and your father that hasn't done anything spectacular with your lives are always quick to open your loud months to spew trash. Get lost and run along
you're a known asslicker. Anybody who didn't support your old frail Emilokan is an igbo. Dumb 30k monthly stipend mofo grin

You will soon asslick Seyi Tinubu too. You're born to asslick those who had stolen your future and that of your unborn kids
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you're a known asslicker. Anybody who didn't support your old frail Emilokan is an igbo. Dumb 30k monthly stipend mofo grin

You will soon asslick Seyi Tinubu too. You're born to asslick those who had stolen your future and that of your unborn kids
Your father didn't have an opportunity to steal, that's why you're broke, frustrated and blaming random people for your misfortune. If you don't hustle, your kids will also do the same. I implore you not to birth kids because you're lazy and eternally poor . Even if Jesus is president of Nigeria, you can never make it. It's written in the stars. You're destined to be poor just like your father
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by orisa37: 1:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
THIS IS FAST BECOMING A PLOT TO PRINT N5000 & N10'000. EVEN THE CURRENT N1000 IS TOO HIGH HANDED.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
Your father didn't have an opportunity to steal, that's why you're broke, frustrated and blaming random people for your misfortune. If you don't hustle, your kids will also do the same. I implore you not to birth kids because you're lazy and eternally poor . Even if Jesus is president of Nigeria, you can never make it. It's written in the stars. You're destined to be poor just like your father
asslicker grin

Online 30k monthly stipend mofo to defend the old frail Emilokan failure pro max grin

You will only asslick from now till thy kingdom come. Nothing nothing for you and your likes. I heard one of your team members on this platform is a security man in his 40s living in one single room grin shamelessly asslickimg those who had stolen their future and that of their unborn kids. No wonder they are eternally poor. A man in his 40s asslickimg his fellow mate holding political offices grin

You guys are useless on nairaland. An average Nigerians see you guys as a clown.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
asslicker

I'm very sure you're in your 40s. Old clown asslickimg some of his mates over 30k monthly stipend grin
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
asslicker

I'm very sure you're in your 40s. Old clown asslickimg some of his mates over 30k monthly stipend grin

You can only cry and type asslicker, your tears will not change anything. You'll wake up depressed and hungry from now till the end of this administration
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
You can only cry and type asslicker, your tears will not change anything. You'll wake up depressed and hungry from now till the end of this administration
old asslicker, asslickimg his old frail Emilokan grin

You're born to asslick. You asslick bubu and old frail Emilokan. You will also asslick their children grin
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Shut up.
I want to place a curse on all scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00

Place your fvcking curse and stop spamming every thread with your retarded copy and paste post.
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by vanitybutiwanti: 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
old asslicker, asslickimg his old frail Emilokan grin

You're born to asslick. You asslick bubu and old frail Emilokan. You will also asslick their children grin
Just the way you and your father are born to complain and cry. Your kids will also complain and cry, your grandkids will complain and cry. Unfortunate man from an unfortunate lineage tongue
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by MRMRMR: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
i know you. You're Emilokan asslicker
OK , you also peter pandora and ipob asslicker
Re: IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike by UnfairLife7(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2023
MRMRMR:

OK , you also peter pandora and ipob asslicker
nah

Show me where i asslick any politicians like you guys please. I know those politicians majority had nothing to offer Nigerians. Especially your old frail Emilokan.

I prefer someone else outside those career politicians. A fresh brain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

These Women Really Need The Wardrobe Allowance More (photo) / COVID-19 Donation: MURIC Tells Christian Rights Agenda (CRA) "Mind Your Busines" / Video Of President-Elect Bola Tinubu At The National Mosque Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.