Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (43198 Views)

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

You don't need to say "lie here and there". It was my experience, respect it. Just like I respect yours.

It is an open fact that in the olden days Yoruba warriors chanted incantations in wars. Not fighting like Romans with swords.

Yourbas didnt have arena like Spartacus where they fight.

Go and watch "the woman king" - they tried to copy that movie and it turned bad.

Viewers will get carried away with the wacky storyline because of the visual effect. It's not a well thought out my movie.

That's my experience. You have yours and I respect it.

As for me, Anikulapo remains far Number 1

Anikulapo bawo ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ. Let me leave here since it's your opinion โ˜บ๏ธ

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Teeklef(m): 8:41am On Aug 12, 2023
Dpaulie:

So you're a son of the soil means nobody should be a son of the soil again??
Nibo lagbole yin lakoraye??
No be fight, so many people on this faceless forum portraying to be who they are not,introduce yourself. Omo agbole Fagunwa nimi.
NB: now I understand what you wrote up there..... I greet you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by braine(m): 8:42am On Aug 12, 2023
I liked the movie.

However, the colors didn't pop. I think the color grading could have been better. Vibrance and saturation.

The audio is a little muffled and doesn't properly align with their mouths in some scenes. The quality could be better. Its a great movie nonetheless.

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by kkins25(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:
JI beg i beg, yoruba should stop all these juju films...they should concentrate on using modern technology in their war films. These are the kind of films Sunday igboho watch that motivate him to believe he can create yoruba nation with mere cow horn and broom. I go try watch the film anyway.
๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Giftexx: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2023
osuulola:
Jagunjagun is a good one but there is a reason screen writing is a career in Hollywood.
The story as a whole is interesting to see. Coming from the Yoruba genre where Africa magic has made them lazy is a big push for the sect of Nolly wood.
The art direction was top-notch. The majority of the acting was awesome to say the least but the story development is not the best that it can be. Why is Ogundiji a terrible person? What is the need of showing the different kingdoms with no clear cut direction at first? Why did we learn Ogundiji had a son when he will not be a victim of revenge - except for part 2!
The school - I take is an idea from Spartacus - but what about showing us some classes. Then they were meant to be warriors but they did more of raiding. The honour of a warrior is lost in the needless murders of 'civilians'. Init?
It is possible the best Nigerian movie for a long time - it is definite the best action movie Yorubawood has ever since but Abija who create the genre deserved a shot and Lalude - those are the real veteran of the Yoruba action genres. I hope they get more scene time and be released from being used by skit makers.
There is part 2. That's where CHATA comes in
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by chidiokay: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2023
kokoA:
Half of the movie was "slow motion", I hate that. Why must every fight scene in nollywood be in slow motion? The storyline was quite predictable to. Anyways, I will give it an 8/10 by nollywood standard, it is better than all the nollywood movies I've seen this year.

Are you saying from the beginning you can predict ogundiji will turn out to be the bad guyz considering how he saved a king

you predicted gbotija will be the one to kill gbogunmi

you knew from the start kitan is agemo and not the real daughter of ogundiji

8/10 is a lot, i doubt if any movie has 10/10 on IMDb ratings

14 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Mikkeal: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.
How do yorubas fight with swords,hhow do you think people will face each other and be chanting incantations at each other pls read about Yoruba wars ,the kiriji war the ones fought with Dahomey oga you know nothing about Yoruba history just Google oyo empire

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by mkoabiola: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2023
Nice production

But yet to get d lesson or message d movie is sending

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by 007kjb: 8:48am On Aug 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Nobody stops you from watching your useless "Asaba films", Omo y.eebo ! Take your senseless tribal bigotry to wherever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you are already there ! Mtchew, Zubby ko,Zuma Rock ni ! All these village dwelling irritants from alaigbo sef,yeye dey smell !

The ASABA WOOD IS WHAT THE WORLD KNOW AS NOLLYWOOD..I SMELL ENVY IN YOU
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2023
osuulola:
Jagunjagun is a good one but there is a reason screen writing is a career in Hollywood.
The story as a whole is interesting to see. Coming from the Yoruba genre where Africa magic has made them lazy is a big push for the sect of Nolly wood.
The art direction was top-notch. The majority of the acting was awesome to say the least but the story development is not the best that it can be. Why is Ogundiji a terrible person? What is the need of showing the different kingdoms with no clear cut direction at first? Why did we learn Ogundiji had a son when he will not be a victim of revenge - except for part 2!
The school - I take is an idea from Spartacus - but what about showing us some classes. Then they were meant to be warriors but they did more of raiding. The honour of a warrior is lost in the needless murders of 'civilians'. Init?
It is possible the best Nigerian movie for a long time - it is definite the best action movie Yorubawood has ever since but Abija who create the genre deserved a shot and Lalude - those are the real veteran of the Yoruba action genres. I hope they get more scene time and be released from being used by skit makers.

The emboldened part is what gbotija talked about in the last battle with Ogundiji. The Op mentioned it in his piece now. Ogundiji didn't use them for the purpose why they were there instead ransacking villages for personal gains.

The Spartacus like scene is just for visual effects. It has a way of working the brain of the viewers. Americans do some of these things in their movies too.
If we look at history thoroughly, we might find out that something close to that happened.....

Anyway, it was a good movie and their can be improvement here and there like you said. Just like American movies too have one or two things to critique about. Examples are SISU, John Wick chapter 4 and others have some flaws in their story lines and all that.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Pclemenza: 8:58am On Aug 12, 2023
hspda:
The hype around this movie is dame huge
Are you surprised? Donโ€™t be.

Nigerians love to hype movie projects and when you decide to watch the movie based on the hype, u might get disappointed. I suggest you doing forward, donโ€™t watch because of the hype you see.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Codes151(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2023
tolue42:
This movie is 10/10 for me..best Nollywood movie ever!
movie is 2/10.

Still room for improvement.

Yoruba boy with sentiments. 10/10 na so
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2023
jagorinho:

This is an upgrade on Anikulapo, you are talking about storyline ,yet infusing Anikulapo into the discussion, Anikulapo's storyline is very basic but aided by other good production components. Anikulapo is even inferior to King of thieves when you compare storyline....I no know how una dey watch una movies?

Who told you Yorubas don't use swords in fighting back in the days? Yorubas use short knives, Spears, double edged sword, single edged sword but the only misconception is that Yorubas swords are darker in shade, about the arena, where do you expect warriors to train? On the farm?

Abeg, that movie is the best Nollywood movie this decade. Even foreign outlets are in awe, I have read extremely positive reviews from British, Indian and American blogs.

Just leave him to ๐Ÿงข nonsense. The moment he said Anikulapo was a better movie, I just decided not to engage him and move on...

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1.

one thing I hate about this forum is people like you that always like to act like you know sh*t about things you clearly know nothing about. Yorubas don't use swords?

6 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2023
Codes151:
movie is 2/10.

The moment you mentioned Yoruba boy with sentiment, it shows that you are an IPOBORIAN clown ๐Ÿคก still pained from the last general election. You will be well las last ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

8 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by gman55(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2023
Criticizing is the easiest to do. All mouth no action. If you think you can do better, please shoot your own. The movie is a far improvement on what we all see (Action genre) from Nollywood.
Typically we except to see copying of some scenes from other movies. I actually wanted to watch the true Yoruba version, the voice over was good but there is room for improvement.
My only snag is the costume used by Ogundiji, poor choice of costume.
All other aspect of the movie for me is above 85%

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Vinnie2000(m): 9:06am On Aug 12, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Nobody stops you from watching your useless "Asaba films", Omo y.eebo ! Take your senseless tribal bigotry to wherever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you are already there ! Mtchew, Zubby ko,Zuma Rock ni ! All these village dwelling irritants from alaigbo sef,yeye dey smell !

These Yoruba/APC Tribalists.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿคจ

I am from Delta State Plz.

Try have SENSE, ok?. ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 9:06am On Aug 12, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
one thing I hate about this forum is people like you that always like to act like you know sh*t about things you clearly know nothing about. Yorubas don't use swords?

Don't engage the guy please, in his write up you can tell that he views Yoruba warriors from the lalude', fadeyi' and Abija movies.

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Akasammyoka: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2023
MMG01:

Orie buru
Are you mocking me, thought I just told u I don't hear shit

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by tolue42(m): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2023
Codes151:
movie is 2/10.

What do you understand about good movies??
Little kid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Akasammyoka: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2023
raskymonojendor:

It has a subtitle.
Then it is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2023
tolue42:
This movie is 10/10 for me..best Nollywood movie ever!

Please, that rating is small. The movie is 12/10 grin grin grin

That guy stand out with this new movie

7 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by juman(m): 9:13am On Aug 12, 2023
Hmmmmmmmmm
Congrats to him.

I should also be producing big films.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by SamAfrik(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2023
jagorinho:

This is an upgrade on Anikulapo, you are talking about storyline ,yet infusing Anikulapo into the discussion, Anikulapo's storyline is very basic but aided by other good production components. Anikulapo is even inferior to King of thieves when you compare storyline....I no know how una dey watch una movies?

Who told you Yorubas don't use swords in fighting back in the days? Yorubas use short knives, Spears, double edged sword, single edged sword but the only misconception is that Yorubas swords are darker in shade, about the arena, where do you expect warriors to train? On the farm?

Abeg, that movie is the best Nollywood movie this decade. Even foreign outlets are in awe, I have read extremely positive reviews from British, Indian and American blogs.
I admire your view. One thing that also stands out is the use of proverbs/poetry in their dialogue. That can hardly be replicated by any movie genre.Typical Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2023
Codes151:
movie is 2/10.

This just shows your sentiments. Who in your tribe have produced a good movie in the past decades or in recent time?

6 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Pclemenza:

Are you surprised? Donโ€™t be.

Nigerians love to hype movie projects and when you decide to watch the movie based on the hype, u might get disappointed. I suggest you doing forward, donโ€™t watch because of the hype you see.

This movie in particular have more positive reviews than negative all round. It points that it's a good movie and I can confirm that too.

Their are people that don't love to watch Nigerian movies no matter how good they are. Those are the ones you can encourage not to watch the movie as you have suggested in your statement.

3 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by eleniyan2020: 9:15am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

You don't need to say "lie here and there". It was my experience, respect it. Just like I respect yours.

It is an open fact that in the olden days Yoruba warriors chanted incantations in wars. Not fighting like Romans with swords.

Yourbas didnt have arena like Spartacus where they fight.

Go and watch "the woman king" - they tried to copy that movie and it turned bad.

Viewers will get carried away with the wacky storyline because of the visual effect. It's not a well thought out my movie.

That's my experience. You have yours and I respect it.

As for me, Anikulapo remains far Number 1
is it a most to fight like romans?

3 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by sslcrypt: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2023
kokoA:
Half of the movie was "slow motion", I hate that. Why must every fight scene in nollywood be in slow motion? The storyline was quite predictable to. Anyways, I will give it an 8/10 by nollywood standard, it is better than all the nollywood movies I've seen this year.

Good balanced view
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by SamAfrik(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
E tried

if u watched till end, u would have seen chatta ready for war in part 2.. its not bad at all but ,what was uploaded for NETFLIX UK, wasn't Yoruba version bt Translated.. I heard incantation in English first time in my life sounded like TOASTING POEMS angry

Are u saying na Gen z ? cheesy
Please change it to original (Yoruba) with your service remote control. The film is currently 4th on top 10 movies in the UK. I'm proud of it.

9 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Dareal90s(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.
You watch too many Roman movies, Yorubas has been existing even back then and they have been fighting wars with other Yorubas and even with non Yorubas like the Fulanis and so on.

You mean they fought all those wars with chanting? You don't know anything about Yoruba wars.

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by AllBlack: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien

A yoruba warrior using the KATANA as a sword. Is yoruba a Japanese tribe? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tobi Picks Alexโ€™s Nose (Pictured) / BBNaija: Mercy Twerks For Ike In Bed / Ike Confronts Tuoyo Over Mercy At Saturday Night: 'Donโ€™t Try Me, Iโ€™m A Gangstaโ€™

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.