Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (43267 Views)

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iamdapsyj(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2023
mkoabiola:
Nice production

But yet to get d lesson or message d movie is sending

It's quite simple- those in leadership positions shouldn't get greedy at the expense of their followers. Leaders (Ogundiji) should not be power mongers using their followers as pawns to achieve whatever mischievous deeds.

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by vannessa7(f): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

You don't need to say "lie here and there". It was my experience, respect it. Just like I respect yours.

It is an open fact that in the olden days Yoruba warriors chanted incantations in wars. Not fighting like Romans with swords.

Yourbas didnt have arena like Spartacus where they fight.

Go and watch "the woman king" - they tried to copy that movie and it turned bad.

Viewers will get carried away with the wacky storyline because of the visual effect. It's not a well thought out my movie.

That's my experience. You have yours and I respect it.

As for me, Anikulapo remains far Number 1

Lies, everybody on war front will now be chanting incantation, you want to know Yoruba more than the Yoruba, what do you think the blacksmith, which is an ancient profession in Yoruba, do, what is ada, Ako, ida, ibon, in Yoruba language, I smell deliberate denigration on your part, Yoruba didnt have sword indeed.

7 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Dareal90s(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2023
jagorinho:

Lol at your ignorance, most of the casualties in the Yoruba wars were by hacking, how many people dey use guns that time.please if you do not know much on a subject, you can always read more on it.
That guy don too watch so many Roman movies so he thinks that's only particular to the Romans.

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by eleniyan2020: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2023
Jostoman:
See the way they are praising him because he is an apc man but if it was Funke Akindele now they would have started talking rubbish about her just because she contested against APC in lagos.
what bring this rubbish now?

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Dareal90s(m): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

The Film na Yeye fiim, even though I Neva Watch am. undecided

Just give me those Zubby Michael and Destiny E'Thick'o, Asaba films. smiley

Or correct Johnny Sins and Rachel Starr 'Blockbusters'! 😊😎
Na prostitutes movies dey good for ur eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2023
osuulola:
Jagunjagun is a good one but there is a reason screen writing is a career in Hollywood.
The story as a whole is interesting to see. Coming from the Yoruba genre where Africa magic has made them lazy is a big push for the sect of Nolly wood.
The art direction was top-notch. The majority of the acting was awesome to say the least but the story development is not the best that it can be. Why is Ogundiji a terrible person? What is the need of showing the different kingdoms with no clear cut direction at first? Why did we learn Ogundiji had a son when he will not be a victim of revenge - except for part 2!
The school - I take is an idea from Spartacus - but what about showing us some classes. Then they were meant to be warriors but they did more of raiding. The honour of a warrior is lost in the needless murders of 'civilians'. Init?
It is possible the best Nigerian movie for a long time - it is definite the best action movie Yorubawood has ever since but Abija who create the genre deserved a shot and Lalude - those are the real veteran of the Yoruba action genres. I hope they get more scene time and be released from being used by skit makers.

I will like to answer that part of your question where you asked why Ogunjimi's son wasn't the victim of revenge. It is clear from the movie. Gbotija does not like injustice and would address the injustice squarely than beating around the bush. Why will Gbotija leave the main cause of the deaths, Ogunjimi and then go for his son? Isn't that injustice? Also, the son was revealed because of the revelation that Agemo, isn't Ogunjimi's daughter and that Ogunjimi uses people to achieve his aim but protect his own from any harm.

Bringing in Lalude and Abija into this is at the descretion of the writter. Remember, this fight isn't the battles of many incantations. Also the writter knows who will achieve what he wants. So, we shouldn't bring in sentiments to this. Who knows maybe we will see them in Part 2?

The movie is a good one and a good job done. I hope the explanations help

10 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by TenQ: 9:27am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.
No sir!
Yorubas fought wars with Bows, Spears, Swords and Clubs all supported with incantations and charms. The only times two warriors will face themselves with incantation in a fight is when they both know that weapons will not be of any effect on both sides.

It's just like in Chinese kung-fu movies : we are almost believing that the Chinese would rather fight with kung-fu rather than with guns. Even in modern kung-fu movies, the actors will manage to both loose their guns so that they can fight with their hands. It is called cinema effects. Yoruba movies have created the cinema effect of entertaining viewers with display of incantations in fights.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Jostoman: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2023
waledeji:
Politics don turn your brain upside down
hatred is what you poeple breath in breath out everyday.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2023
jagorinho:

Lol at your ignorance, most of the casualties in the Yoruba wars were by hacking, how many people dey use guns that time.please if you do not know much on a subject, you can always read more on it.

Don't insult others based on your limited knowledge. Go and read about the 'kiriji' war and you will know how that name came about.

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by TenQ: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2023
jagorinho:

The use of Guns depend on the time of the storyline.

It is in record that the Yoruba have been fighting with Guns since 1877

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiriji_War

7 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by CrystalMax: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

What do you know about war in Yoruba land?
The ancient yorubas fought with swords. Even in the Woman King, the soldiers of the Oyo empire fought with swords. Do you just sit to write what you like?

Ida ni won pe ni Sword, Chairman and it's pretty much part of our culture. Yorubas are good blacksmiths (Alagbede)
Ogun Alara, Ogun Ajero were real wars that happened in the past. Go read legends bro and stop hating.

In the movie, charms and weapons were rightly depicted as requisites for being a warrior. The two go hand in hand.

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Jostoman: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2023
Basic123:

Read your comment again and rate your intelligence 😆
100%
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by TenQ: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2023
AlfajiriAfrika:
I'm still skeptical about the movie, can anyone truthfully rate the movie?
Just watch the trailer first. Then you can decide if you need to watch the full movie.
The trailer to me is appetising enough at least with respect to Nollywood standards

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Jostoman: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2023
DenreleDave:

Tribalistic fowl.

Show evidence where fúnke was insulted on her hit movie

No s**se. All ur life na tribal war
why not go and check your peoples comment on funke thread posted here before and after election.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by forgiveness: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1.

What an ignorant person. If you don't know the history of Yoruba, you should just keep quiet.

Who told you Yorubas didn't use weapons? Do you think Oyo empire conquered with charm to rule vast areas? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2023
raskymonojendor:
That movie na 10/10. It's "almost" placed in the same category as the Oleku, Saworoide, Koseegbe, Owoblow, Tioluwanile e.t.c

It's like saying Indians should outgrow their movies that is always filled with Hindu gods.

100%. Oyo and the Ijebus had calvaries (Soldiers on horses).

Yorubas had swords called "ida" not to be mistaken for "ada" cutlass. Different pronunciation.

Oleku still remains my best yoruba movie

Bro, they finish work for Oleku. The old school settings, visuals and musical work is unbeatable

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Enceladus(m): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

So why do you think Ogun is the Yoruba God of War? smh

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by kemiomobomi: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

which yoruba use charm to fight, you watch too much of films for your good.

As it was before, so it is now, charm can only boast your confidence....in real sense not potent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2023
Bluezy13:
Any movie with too much hype always ends being disappointing.

The woman king was not hyped much and it ended up the best African movie in a decade so far, to me.

Woman king is an American movie but I prefer jagun jagun
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by VEHINTOLAR: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

These Yoruba/APC Tribalists.😕🤨

I am from Delta State Plz.

Try have SENSE, ok?. 😏

Delta state kee you there,Omo y.eebo ! You're nothing but a f.ucking irritant from alaigbo ! Consider this my last post to you;I don't deal with primitive subhumans !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by ibawon(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2023
Story line wasn't that great. But every other thing dey onpoint. The sound on my surround sound system was so amazing. Abeg them try.

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2023
Jostoman:
See the way they are praising him because he is an apc man but if it was Funke Akindele now they would have started talking rubbish about her just because she contested against APC in lagos.

Na sickness dey worry you . Serious one
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by AmbFmk: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2023
I swear, I was just surprised and filled with goosebumps as I watched the film. It was fantastic and encouraging.

Nice one Femi Adebayo and co

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:
JI beg i beg, yoruba should stop all these juju films...they should concentrate on using modern technology in their war films. These are the kind of films Sunday igboho watch that motivate him to believe he can create yoruba nation with mere cow horn and broom. I go try watch the film anyway.

You can’t separate charms and incantations from Yoruba history. It was part of the culture. A man with charm is so much respected .

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2023
mkoabiola:
Nice production

But yet to get d lesson or message d movie is sending

What lesson did Spartacus send?

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2023
chidiokay:

Are you saying from the beginning you can predict ogundiji will turn out to be the bad guyz considering how he saved a king

you predicted gbotija will be the one to kill gbogunmi

you knew from the start kitan is agemo and not the real daughter of ogundiji

8/10 is a lot, i doubt if any movie has 10/10 on IMDb ratings

Hahahah

Honestly I never saw any of those coming

I assumed Ogundiji to be a good guy, never thought agemo was the girl, never saw gbodija fighting gbogunmi…

3 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Fryx: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by ntyce(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

Lies, where did you read such?

You wrote down lies, you were challenged, started calling names

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Guy, go and read about 'kiriji' war and you will understand better about the yoruba war. Stop saying what you know little or nothing about.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by HydraFeeds(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

who told you that the Yorubas don’t use sword to fight or fight like “Spartacus” ? Where does the name “ida” comes from ? The Yorubas use sword and arrows !

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / ‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie / Mike Ezuruonye Rocks Bald Hair In 'Our Landlord' Movie (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.