Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (43277 Views)

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by wildikeman(m): 8:00am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

You don't need to say "lie here and there". It was my experience, respect it. Just like I respect yours.

It is an open fact that in the olden days Yoruba warriors chanted incantations in wars. Not fighting like Romans with swords.

Yourbas didnt have arena like Spartacus where they fight.

Go and watch "the woman king" - they tried to copy that movie and it turned bad.

Viewers will get carried away with the wacky storyline because of the visual effect. It's not a well thought out my movie.

That's my experience. You have yours and I respect it.

As for me, Anikulapo remains far Number 1

History buff. Most of what you said is very accurate. There was no Roman styled warfare truly. And whats more, the fight sync was off. You strike someone with a weapon and the person falls backward not forward. Like you said, its a step up for the Yoruba Nollywood movie industry standard. But they aren't there yet.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by VEHINTOLAR: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

The Film na Yeye fiim, even though I Neva Watch am. undecided

Just give me those Zubby Michael and Destiny E'Thick'o, Asaba films. smiley

Or correct Johnny Sins and Rachel Starr 'Blockbusters'! 😊😎
Nobody stops you from watching your useless "Asaba films", Omo y.eebo ! Take your senseless tribal bigotry to wherever hole you came out from and remain dumber than you are already there ! Mtchew, Zubby ko,Zuma Rock ni ! All these village dwelling irritants from alaigbo sef,yeye dey smell !

11 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by DenreleDave(m): 8:03am On Aug 12, 2023
Mynd44:

You have seen too many Abija and Fadeyi oloro movies sir.

The Yoruba states and those outside it fought large wars consisting of swords, aches, guns and the likes.

You think 2 thousand soldiers will face each other and be chanting?

cheesy grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by waledeji(m): 8:06am On Aug 12, 2023
Just give me those Zubby Michael and Destiny E'Thick'o, Asaba films. smiley

Says a lot about where you are coming from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Chummynoni(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2023
joyandfaith:

Who told you that? British and Arab through brought some civilization to yoruba land. Arabs had encountered with Romans earlier in the history. Britons, Portuguese and French brought guns later through yoruba mainland, badagry and dahomey respectively. Dahomey used to be part of oyo empire.
i was never a fan of history but all thanks to WOMANKING movie, it made me know that Dahomey was part of the OYO empire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by waledeji(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2023
Jostoman:
See the way they are praising him because he is an apc man but if it was Funke Akindele now they would have started talking rubbish about her just because she contested against APC in lagos.
Politics don turn your brain upside down

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by HBB1(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

Stop the cap oga!

The Kiriji war was named that because of the sound the Cannons made.

Which incantations where they making?

Na interhouse debate?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by DenreleDave(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2023
Jostoman:
See the way they are praising him because he is an apc man but if it was Funke Akindele now they would have started talking rubbish about her just because she contested against APC in lagos.

Tribalistic fowl.

Show evidence where fúnke was insulted on her hit movie

No s**se. All ur life na tribal war

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Thislifesef: 8:14am On Aug 12, 2023
Nothing I hate more than those asaba movies.
Immediately I see anything zubi Michael Michael, be it advert, movies, skit o I just quickly switch channels.
I no fit dey watch and listen to "na we dey here" "na we be big boys for this town"

10 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by chidiokay: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

[b]Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war [/b]or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1.

You must have witness lots of yoruba war to be so sure, ALOL ! bro loosen up its friction does not have to be true cheesy
the graphics was topnotch, beta than any yoruba movie i watched 2023 and the film looks high budget enough

above all give the audience what they can relate "spartacus" ticks, how many genZ wan dey watch Abija or fadeyi kinda of fight even we the old school are done with those kind movies, even indians now kiss and smooch in movies

I just love the fact that yoruba movies are evolving and stepping up to give Netflix a run for there money wink

8 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Broveens42(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2023
zed7:
Stopped watching after 20 minutes and deleted it. They put a bit of effort into the production but I found the acting and story sub par. Not my kind of movie but I score them high for effort.

Hahahaha. It's same feeling and it's because screen play is so fake.
I still can't understand why Nollywood try so hard to be unpredictable this days but end up becoming predictable with wack screen play.
The beauty of screen play is to follow your lines. Let it flow, it will become unpredictable to more people than you thought would be predictable.
There's these normal Nollywood movies I saw on YouTube: "fence of defense" , "girl number 41" .
While I was expecting them to do their normal Nollywood thing, I was so surprised. That's a classy Hollywood type of movie. Flowing with your lines which can come with unpredictability
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Teeklef(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Dpaulie:

You so funny, so people will face each others in thousands and chanting incantations, and you'd call that war?? Think am now, for me if I didn't witness ogun kiriji...
I was at ife and modakeke war. Live and direct
Stop talking base on assumptions
You were at ife and modakeke or you participated in the war....... Watch your next statement because I'm a son of the soil. Born and Bred in Modakeke.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by yesloaded: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2023
One thing I picked from the movie is that Nigerians fight themselves all because of powerful politicians and these same politicians set the poor masses against themselves

Go & watch last scene of the movie to have clear knowledge about my submission

Storyline is very predictable

Location is topnotch

Graphics is topnotch

Set is topnotch

Respect to haykeem

7 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by membranus: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2023
Hezmatosky:
Anything yoruba not for me sad

Chaii!

Then you are missing something good.

7 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by zinizta: 8:24am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

Ignorance at its peak.

The arrogance of this write up seems to be laced with malice.

8 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by spagettiluv: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2023
Watching presently

5 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Broveens42(m): 8:27am On Aug 12, 2023
yesloaded:
One thing I picked from the movie is that Nigerians fight themselves all because of powerful politicians and these same politicians set the poor masses against themselves

Go & watch last scene of the movie to have clear knowledge about my submission

Storyline is very predictable

Location is topnotch

Graphics is topnotch

Set is topnotch

Respect to haykeem

That's the problem. Graphics this days over screen play.
I still prefer the old epic like igodo, egg of life etc

Go check old Hollywood movies with lesser quality in cinematography , you will still enjoy them because of storyline and casting. Movies like American Ninja
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by zinizta: 8:27am On Aug 12, 2023
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Tayorshd87: 8:27am On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:
JI beg i beg, yoruba should stop all these juju films...they should concentrate on using modern technology in their war films. These are the kind of films Sunday igboho watch that motivate him to believe he can create yoruba nation with mere cow horn and broom. I go try watch the film anyway.

I dey tell you 😂
Sunday Igbo go dey believe all this fictional tales by moon light juju ☺️

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Thislifesef: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

I hope you like how many people have schooled you on this thread.
I hope you have learnt your lessons.
We learn everyday.
Keep learning boy.

13 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by descarado: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2023
Will start watching naija movies the day they will do health and educational movies or series.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by SamAfrik(m): 8:30am On Aug 12, 2023
tolue42:

Lies here and there...
Yorubas used charms,swords and guns in the past..this movie is better than anikulapo.
Thanks for calling him out. He just wrote lies there. Did he live in the past?
Yorubas were always modernizing their army. They used charms, swords and guns. Even used canons during the kiriji wars (some still standing till today). Jagun jagun deserves commendation don't mind the fake historian.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by GeneralPula: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2023
DeejaywonDJ1:

One of the aspects I love most about the movie, Jagun-jagun is that its slight deviation from the usual representations of ancient Yoruba warfare in films.

It's understandable if some of us erroneously believe that Yoruba did go to wars with charms only--that's one of the damages Yoruba Nollywood has done to our history and our orientations.

Some are so surprised to see the display of martial arts in Jagun-jagun. They query how Yoruba warriors could engage in sword fights like they see in Chinese movies. It's not their fault, it's because of the standards set by the Nollywood. Though, this is not the first time of seeing sword fights in Yoruba movies, I think the same was done in the "Ogun Abele Ti Je," if my memory serves me right, only that this Jagun-jagun is one of it's kind in the recent time.

We need to start unlearn somethings we learned in the past. We would definitely witness more of such introductions and reintroductions in Nigerian movies henceforth. One of them is shoes.

NOTE: in addition, the shapes and formations of Yoruba swords are different. Also, our iron and it's products were black, not white.
copied[i][/i]

Abija do sword-fighting most of his movies nah..

Most Yoruba movies in the 90s & early 20s were sword fighting. Yoruba fought many wars and those Olden days people knew much about history. They were able to come up with a lot of amazing movie stories..

The more you know about your history, the more of things you can project off it..

As for those saying Yoruba using only charm for war, no mind them. How’s it even possible to go to wars with only charms? You wan dey chant incantation while war is on-going ni? grin

7 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by twosquare(m): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Yo[s]rubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or [/s]in a fi[s]ght challenge, the ending is so predictable an[/s]d [s]the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.[/s]

Femi A[s]debayo, dressing like a roman[/s] king, which I[s] found so alien - should not have acted tha[/s]t part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords.Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 12, 2023
Now I'm curious to see the movie grin grin
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2023
Trustedpronet:
JI beg i beg, yoruba should stop all these juju films...they should concentrate on using modern technology in their war films. These are the kind of films Sunday igboho watch that motivate him to believe he can create yoruba nation with mere cow horn and broom. I go try watch the film anyway.
grin grin grin grin

Stray bullet come touch Sunday Igboho grin

3 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by manikspears: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2023
AlfajiriAfrika:
I'm still skeptical about the movie, can anyone truthfully rate the movie?

10/10

Like it or not the historical accuracy is top notch.
The costumes
Every aspect of it.

The one on one fight of as a historical reference of gbonka and timi that i read in school. When the leader get jealous of fear on of his foot soldiers they try to set them up, it is natural. Secondly most warriors are swords for hire and guess who hires them? The rich and powerful. Secondly the protagonist is not powerful but just smart and lucky, he only has one move and that is also historical correct as you cant kill an ifa priest with thunder so he also has taken the protection of the element that protects him.
Guy go and watch it ,if that movie does not get nominated for the best international movie in Oscars then a lot is wrong with the judges. Most of those people giving negative reviews don't know anything.

Lastly fear WOMEN 😆

PS:
Anikulapo is also a masterpiece and deserves every accolade it gets.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by IbileIfe: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2023
DyshApp:

[url=https://dyshus.com/article/7a85d012-d662-4b57-ad31-b04e8bc679c0]
The Top Nollywood Movies Pulling Crowds To The Cinemas in Nigeria

1. Orisa
2. Akudaaya
3. Hotel Labamba
4. Unforgivable
5. Love, Lust & Other Things
6. Big Love
7. Almajiri
8. The Other One

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by SamAfrik(m): 8:37am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Yorubas used both spiritual and physical weapons, stop misleading people. You are entitled to your other opinion (eg casting, costume)

6 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Mikkeal: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

From your own so called experience I know where you are from ,yorubas fought wars with charms ,swords and Dane guns that is why you have charms like okigbe against knives and swords and charms against bullets ,you do not know anything about Yoruba history ,you should just criticize a movie if you don't like it but don't disparage the Yoruba race because of your ignorance ,read Yoruba history you will be pleasantly surprised

10 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Dpaulie(m): 8:39am On Aug 12, 2023
Teeklef:

You were at ife and modakeke or you participated in the war....... Watch your next statement because I'm a son of the soil. Born and Bred in Modakeke.
So you're a son of the soil means nobody should be a son of the soil again??
Nibo lagbole yin lakoraye??
So I should be telling u online here if I participated in the war or not
Go back home and ask about pastor from any elderly person in itamerin or anywhere around ogunsua palace.
Not everybody you tackle online

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie / Mike Ezuruonye Rocks Bald Hair In 'Our Landlord' Movie (Video, Photos) / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.