Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times (27867 Views)

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by speaktome(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Exactly
That number 2 is very important...

Last week I went to Uyo from Aba with a public transport(AKTC) I spent 5k to and Fro...

Had it been I use my motor that has V6 engine, 30k fuel will not even be enough for the Journey...

#MySignature
#Mybusiness

7 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Georgejeez: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Also as a Man , stop dating more than one or two ladies ..

Stop writing any fine girl you see on Facebook, IG or Dating App and inviting them to come over .

Stop investing your funds inside "bear bear bank"
Resist Womanising and watch your savings grow .

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by oyeb15: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Curse Tinubu every morning you wake up to releaved your stomach

3 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by shantti(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Reduce masturbation so that your soap or cream will last more

2 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by elevy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
7. Don't date a broke girl.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by DanielsParker(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
ceejay80s:

And gotv ....I cancelled mine 5months ago,
I prefer downloading movies at the office and watching on my tv at home than subscribing to repeat movies

Is it cheaper ?
You sub and watch with data

1 Like

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by BluntCrazeMan: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
nexta007:

"E go only better" for those whe hear am, Believe am and work according to the demands of that talk. E better for many people na
As far as Nigeria is concerned..
No matter how better wey e dey for you,, once the people around you are not feeling the betterness from you,, or achieving the betterness for themselves on their own,, then you are in a bigg trouble ooo.

That's why we are praying for a country where there is an all-round betterness.
So that there will be all-round contentment for everyone, and all-round peace everywhere.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by officialfestus(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
cry
HateBigots:
grin... Thunder will fire the APC mod that keeps banning me for posting this picture🖕🏾...
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by blesdman(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=nurey post=125058713]Since I was wise after coming into this world all I hear is Nigeria go better. 55years after, nothing has changed, it even got worse.

Buhari supervised the destruction of the economy now Tinubu would put a nail to the coffin. As dog no dey eat dog, Tinubu won't make Buhari and his gang of thieves vomit our yam after all nah Buhari conjure am for there.[/quote
That saying applies in every country
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Quebec91(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
cheesy
Stanley1155:
You don't understand shishi no dey.
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by jojothaiv(m): 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
For me,

1. Trek a lot.
2. Avoid anything that have to do with flexing, alcohol or carbonated drinks is a no no now.
3. The three square meal/balanced diet is a myth now, 1-0-1, 0-1-0, 0-0-1 and 1-0-0. Groceries is now the mainstay, once in a while we dey bust am with protein.
4. Not in a committed relationship for now, LDR cut it for me, I don't want anybody using love as bait to extract money wey no dey from my hand.
5. Freebasics, night plans and *121# is handy, big shout to MTN for that life saving data plans.
6. Once I help my neighbor carry or play with their children, a sumptuous dinner is guaranteed.

At the end, man will be okay.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by officialfestus(m): 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
14 for general market.

1 Like

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by clems88(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
ceejay80s:

I prefer downloading movies at the office and watching on my tv at home than subscribing to repeat movies
for 2 months now I haven't subscribed GOtv. What's the essence of subscribing when we only get 1 or 2hrs light at night? N I can't buy fuel @ this ridiculous price to waste ontop nonsense tv that wount generate money to my account

10 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by RosyIsBlessed: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
nurey:
Since I was wise after coming into this world all I hear is Nigeria go better. 55years after, nothing has changed, it even got worse.

Buhari supervised the destruction of the economy now Tinubu would put a nail to the coffin. As dog no dey eat dog, Tinubu won't make Buhari and his gang of thieves vomit our yam after all nah Buhari conjure am for there.

But Bible said it na that things will get worse everyday. Tomorrow will be worse than today.

2 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by UnfairLife7(m): 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
ceejay80s:

You have free WiFi at the office?

1 Like

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Brownshoe: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
DanielsParker:
Wish two people can share dstv sub , that’s the only thing that keeps me at home. I know subscribing to Netflix and using data to watch isn’t any cheaper .

I have reduced the amount of meat I cook with,
I have reduced my movements with car to avoid buying fuel always.
I have been saying no to unnecessary billing.
My data still remains 5k for 40GB airtel.
Also curtailed unnecessary outing for beer and meat and unnecessary dates with ladies. If you no Dey come house , or take a walk with me in the park, forget it.

Times are hard no doubts.
you can actually share Netflix with someone that subscribe, so you only need data, this is our business @ CEDARMEDIA, see my signature,

However, join our students mobile Netflix package a month : #800.

1 Like

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by ceejay80s(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
UnfairLife7:
You have free WiFi at the office?
Not free but I have the password

2 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Versal: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
Cook and Eat at Home is not cheaper.
You might think it is, IT IS NOT.

Add all the costs (Explicit and Implicit)
Some of you only count the Explicit cost (cost of condiments)
There is the Implicit cost (water, heat, wears and tears of utensils, soap, physical energy etc.)

Plus, you get to eat varieties. Unlike restricting yourself
to the food you made until it finishes.
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Brownshoe: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
ceejay80s:

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Procashtips(m): 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
One of my big bros with multiple cars currently maintains just one. The others have gone to bring in revenue.

If you're still maintaining multiple cars that you can do without, you need your head checked.

4 Likes

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Brownshoe: 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
clems88:
for 2 months now I haven't subscribed GOtv. What's the essence of subscribing when we only get 1 or 2hrs light at night? N I can't buy fuel @ this ridiculous price to waste ontop nonsense tv that wount generate money to my account
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Versal: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

But Bible said it na that things will get worse everyday. Tomorrow will be worse than today.
Your Bible horror messages are only true in Africa Nigeria.
Developed nations do not give a phuck about your Bible.

1 Like

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by bonnyhope: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
GideonOludayomi:

There is no gainsaying that the current economic situation in Nigeria has forced many individuals and families to think of ways to cut costs, save money and what to do to earn more. As we all know, inflation is on the rise but income is in coma. However, saving money doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Here are six effective ways you can adapt in these hard times.

1. Cook and Eat at Home
This is very essential because it is most certainly one of the compulsory daily engagements you must have. Eating out can be tempting and convenient, but it can also be very costly. Cooking and eating at home not only saves money but also provides an opportunity to eat healthier. Cooking at home allows you to control the ingredients and portions you consume.

2. Use Public Transportation and Plan your Movements
Sentiments set aside, owning and maintaining a car particularly at a time like this, can be very expensive, but using public transportation can save a lot of money. Public transportation, though it comes with so much hassles, is not only cost-effective but also good for the environment. Carpooling or cycling can also save money while providing a good exercise routine.
Another important thing you should do is to plan your movements. Basically, this is not about avoiding to go to some places but more about synergising your movements. You don't want to find yourself in a situation where instead of stopping at the market on your way from office, you had to get home and then return again to the market. That is not smart. This is the time to have a plan book where you can itemize your to-do list.

3. Buy Smartly
Purchasing groceries in bulk, comparing prices, and taking advantage of sales and discounts can result in significant savings.
Shopping at local markets instead of supermarkets can also save money on groceries. Make a grocery list and stick to it to prevent impulsive buying.
For instance, do you know that there are very cheap and more voluminous data subscriptions that can save you money? Data is life and no doubt, many of us now spend a chunk of our income on data subscriptions. A smart buy would be to go for the more voluminous data plans at cheaper rates.

4. Cancel Unnecessary Subscriptions
Subscriptions for streaming services, magazines or other monthly services can add up quickly and become a significant expense. Take a closer look at your subscriptions and cancel any that you don't use or need. You should consider sharing subscriptions with friends or family to split the cost.

5. Repair Instead of Replacing
When something breaks, it's often tempting to replace it with something new. However, repairing items instead of replacing them can save a lot of money in the long run. Learn basic repair skills or take broken items to a repair shop instead of immediately buying new ones.
Recently, I was able to overhaul all my old shoes simply by taking them to a competent shoemaker to remake them with new leathers. Guess what, it only cost to fix three shoes the same amount it would cost me to buy just a single shoe. This is a time to get creative.

6. Negotiate Bills and Contracts
Negotiating bills and contracts can result in significant savings. I know some of us could be so tender-hearted when it comes to haggling but hey, this is not a time to turn father Christmas. Always do an on-the-spot analysis of value derived from any product or service you are billed for and negotiate accordingly.
Don't be surprised, many traders and service providers just indiscriminately adjust prices on hearsays. And without any thorough analysis, they wrongly inflate prices against the actual value being given. The truth is this, they are business men whose goal is to make profit. You are the one that needs to be smart by negotiating every bill in fairness to the value you are getting.

By implementing these six ways to cut costs in hard times in Nigeria, individuals and families can further reduce expenses and improve their financial situation. It takes some effort and discipline but cutting costs is an effective way to save money during tough economic times.

Good points

But I still use my car. No vex
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by oneMalik: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ask yourself ?

If he better for you then he go be .

but if you don't want it to or pray for better day ....sorry na ur name

izuch:
Will it ever get better?
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Lovelife433(m): 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
What about guys that have up to Three girlfriends Or d once that have only one girlfriend? The should break up with them just to cut cost abi. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by stacyadams: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
elevy:
7. Don't date a broke girl.
grin most of them are broke anyway cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by mukthar2000(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Legedisbenz instead of bicycle

Ride a bicycle instead of machine

Ride a machine instead of car

Enter luxurious bus instead of aeroplane.

Niger shall balance soon.
Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by easzypeaszy(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
Thinkin I wl see somtin diff frm wht I do
Most ppl do dis abeg
Na all person dey do and sapa still dey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times by Llyordsuits: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=GideonOludayomi post=125057890]
There is no gainsaying that the current economic situation in Nigeria has forced many individuals and families to think of ways to cut costs, save money and what to do to earn more. As we all know, inflation is on the rise but income is in coma. However, saving money doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Here are six effective ways you can adapt in these hard times.

1. Cook and Eat at Home
This is very essential because it is most certainly one of the compulsory daily engagements you must have. Eating out can be tempting and convenient, but it can also be very costly. Cooking and eating at home not only saves money but also provides an opportunity to eat healthier. Cooking at home allows you to control the ingredients and portions you consume.

2. Use Public Transportation and Plan your Movements
Sentiments set aside, owning and maintaining a car particularly at a time like this, can be very expensive, but using public transportation can save a lot of money. Public transportation, though it comes with so much hassles, is not only cost-effective but also good for the environment. Carpooling or cycling can also save money while providing a good exercise routine.
Another important thing you should do is to plan your movements. Basically, this is not about avoiding to go to some places but more about synergising your movements. You don't want to find yourself in a situation where instead of stopping at the market on your way from office, you had to get home and then return again to the market. That is not smart. This is the time to have a plan book where you can itemize your to-do list.

3. Buy Smartly
Purchasing groceries in bulk, comparing prices, and taking advantage of sales and discounts can result in significant savings.
Shopping at local markets instead of supermarkets can also save money on groceries. Make a grocery list and stick to it to prevent impulsive buying.
For instance, do you know that there are very cheap and more voluminous data subscriptions that can save you money? Data is life and no doubt, many of us now spend a chunk of our income on data subscriptions. A smart buy would be to go for the more voluminous data plans at cheaper rates.

4. Cancel Unnecessary Subscriptions
Subscriptions for streaming services, magazines or other monthly services can add up quickly and become a significant expense. Take a closer look at your subscriptions and cancel any that you don't use or need. You should consider sharing subscriptions with friends or family to split the cost.

5. Repair Instead of Replacing
When something breaks, it's often tempting to replace it with something new. However, repairing items instead of replacing them can save a lot of money in the long run. Learn basic repair skills or take broken items to a repair shop instead of immediately buying new ones.
Recently, I was able to overhaul all my old shoes simply by taking them to a competent shoemaker to remake them with new leathers. Guess what, it only cost to fix three shoes the same amount it would cost me to buy just a single shoe. This is a time to get creative.

6. Negotiate Bills and Contracts
Negotiating bills and contracts can result in significant savings. I know some of us could be so tender-hearted when it comes to haggling but hey, this is not a time to turn father Christmas. Always do an on-the-spot analysis of value derived from any product or service you are billed for and negotiate accordingly.
Don't be surprised, many traders and service providers just indiscriminately adjust prices on hearsays. And without any thorough analysis, they wrongly inflate prices against the actual value being given. The truth is this, they are business men whose goal is to make profit. You are the one that needs to be smart by negotiating every bill in fairness to the value you are getting.

By implementing these six ways to cut costs in hard times in Nigeria, individuals and families can further reduce expenses and improve their financial situation. It takes some effort and discipline but cutting costs is an effective way to save money during tough economic times.[/diversify your income stream, by leveraging on MTFE]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes / Couple Expecting Twins Welcome Triplets After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Share Your Thought (picture).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.