Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees (58340 Views)

Aluminium Window, At BENIN CITY With Grey Glass / ACEVILLE ESTATE - Secure Land in Emerging Epe City with just N100k Deposit Only! / See The New Outrageous Kano State Property Tax (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Badadvisor: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
lawani:

Where are you working in Enugu?. Which company?. The average Fresh graduate salary earner in an average Nigerian city can not afford 800k per annum for a one room apartment. Enugu is in the category of Calabar, Osogbo, Ilesa, Ile Ife, Sokoto and etc. There is no reason for you to pay such an amount for such an accomodation in a city like Enugu because the jobs that can support the payment literally don't exist in Enugu
There's a way enugu metropolis is built. You can get a good one bed at Monarch, Maryland, New artisan, independence layout phase 2, akpapa, some parts of trans ekulu for 400k to 600k depending on the building facilities but anything further than that close to thinkers corner (around chime estate and environs) New haven, independence layout, gra a good standard one bed goes for nothing less than 700k now except it's an old building.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Badadvisor: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
JerryJude:
This is Exactly what is happening in Lagos now, just last week friday, Agent is telling me Agent fee and Commision for 2bedroom is 400k, Rent 700k per anum. The landlord said you must pay 1year 6months..it is frustrating, the price for 1bedroom is now 500k-600k in Lagos. a bedsiiter 300k-400k per anum... I don't know what's happening in Lagos. landlords want old tenants to move out so that they increase the rent immediately for intending new tenants. its so bad in Lagos right now. mind you most of the room and parlour are so small that they can't contained 6x6 size of bed. so annoying. very sad that we find ourselves in this kind unfortunate situation in lagos right now...
Where in Lagos please?
Planning to permanently relocate to lag when my rent in enugu expires by next month
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Badadvisor: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
lawani:
When there is no market for a product, it means that such a product can not be sold. Nobody living in Enugu can pay the charges mentioned by the OP. The claim by the OP is therefore false
Lol you keep saying what you don't know.
Yeah there's no job that doesn't mean people aren't paying such amount.
Getting a one bed in centenary city now is 700k and up while 2 bed goes as high as 1.2 and above.
Maybe you need to visit enugu for some weeks and stop this na selection argument.
Except you want to live in gariki, emene or amechi and the likes
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by skywalker240(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
22o62021:

LOL ugbor GRA no de get light

Airport road, down down after ogba zoo

Houses de there but no regular light

My friend is asking me if I need a 2 bedroom at trade fair, the rooms are not big but the compound is good.

They only see light like 10-12 hours.

I'm still thinking
No, Airport Road down after estate gate Obazagbon down to ogege, they have stable power supply, you mean ugbor and Amagba? Geh geh

Ekaladeran or aerodromes close will be better, they have good light, but for, some time now, NEPA head de twitch
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 22o62021: 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
skywalker240:

No, Airport Road down after estate gate Obazagbon down to ogege, they have stable power supply, you mean ugbor and Amagba? Geh geh

Ekaladeran or aerodromes close will be better, they have good light, but for, some time now, NEPA head de twitch

But those places too far from town

I work inside town
Living there will mean I will be spending like 2500 daily on transportation
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by DigitB: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
OP you didn't include legal fee.

Enugu agents, lawyers and landlords are all bástàrds
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Donpenny(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Finestgurlie:
Asaba oooo
I saw shege
2 bedroom 500
agent 250k
caution 50k
lawyer 50k
ego oji 40k (depending on the landlord )
total package almost 1 million Naira

haaaa
that town don show me shege. My rent now is 750k just 2 bedroom for okpanam road. Three set of people i can't never help in this asaba Landlords, Police and estate agents. Never even if they need emergency

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Finestgurlie(f): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
Donpenny:
that town don show me shege. My rent now is 750k just 2 bedroom for okpanam road. Three set of people i can't never help in this asaba Landlords, Police and estate agents. Never even if they need emergency
lol 😂
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by millionboi2: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Well, it might be useless to you but nothing is useless to me. The devil is in the details. It might shock you that my rental form includes submitting adequate financial records and character attestations. Not to mention submitting comprehensive bio and work related information.

And I don't stop at just filling forms and take a bow like Nigerian senators. I physically check all information supplied are accurate. I take my time out to visit wherever they said they are working, confirm their financial and credit status with the banks among others.

I suppose that's why they pay 20k for the Pre-Rental and vetting form. I notify people that passed the vetting processes to proceed with payment, whilst reserving rights whether to inform or not to inform clients whose application form did not scale through.

Most client, once they collect my rental application form don't even bother submitting it because they simply can't complete several or few important information or questions been asked. So, they self filtered themselves away.

wetin won happen go still happen,is not by screening oga

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by CaptainFM1: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
millionboi2:
wetin won happen go still happen,is not by screening oga

It has always worked for me. Everything good happens ever after for me. I guess everyone can only speak for himself oga.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by millionboi2: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2023
CaptainFM1:

It has always worked for me. Everything good happens ever after for me. I guess everyone can only speak for himself oga.
hide under social media to claim what does not exist
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by CaptainFM1: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2023
millionboi2:
hide under social media to claim what does not exist

What's this one saying? SMHFU!
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by AfonjaConehead: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.