Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees (58341 Views)

Aluminium Window, At BENIN CITY With Grey Glass / ACEVILLE ESTATE - Secure Land in Emerging Epe City with just N100k Deposit Only! / See The New Outrageous Kano State Property Tax (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by linkers: 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Land robbers
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Rebuke: 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 90dbest: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
Onitsha has the most affordable house rent in the whole of the country. May be because of the large number of high rise blocks of flat the city is known for.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by alizma: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
My Ikwere landlord dey try sha.
Make I go buy am something special. Enugu has gone the way of Lagos where other payments exceed the yearly rent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
One bed/sitter apartment, is it the same thing as self contained or one bedroom flat?

The name you called it is ambiguous.

Anyway, those unnecessary charges are frustrating...The best thing to do, is to stay in a parsonage or look for one Bet9ja store that runs 24 hours, and chill until you have better cash that's if you're in Enugu state and unable to meet up to your housing needs.

Take cue from those Hausa guys that sleep anywhere they see and they hustle daytime.

Life's not a do or die affair.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by ImoleNaija: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
I bin dey think say na only Lagos such madness exist.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Landlord97: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
Am from ENUGU and currently in ENUGU but I must tell you this situation needs to be addressed by the government

33 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Menclothing: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
Government should build very affordable housing estate
Local government and state government

Dm for men wears

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Fifthaout: 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
All the other fees aside the house rent are one-offs nah sad

The house rent is 200k. Period! sad
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by BoldBrainz(m): 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
englishmart:
You can get a well-furnished two bedroom flat for 180k in Karmo, Jiwa, Gwagwa, Tasha, Akaraka, etc, Abuja.

Don't mind this nigga. Run very far away from the aforementioned areas o! Run!

13 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by fuckJones(f): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
if it was Lagos everything would have been 240k

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by kenolsquad(m): 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
SAKA-MAN-JAY
Cajjwi23:
:
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Sheriman(m): 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
Menclothing:
Government should build very affordable housing estate
Local government and state government

Dm for men wears
We have senseless and useless people in government. They don't think that way

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by BoldBrainz(m): 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
KyleJason:
One bed/sitter apartment, is it the same thing as self contained or one bedroom flat?

Anyway, those unnecessary charges are frustrating...The best thing to do, is to stay in a parsonage or look for one Bet9ja store that runs 24 hours, and chill until you have better cash that's if you're in Enugu state and unable to meet up to your housing needs.

Take cue from those Hausa guys that sleep anywhere they see and they hustle daytime.

One bedroom apartment.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Chibuzoripob: 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
sad
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Impregnable101: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
22o62021:
Not so in benin city
Depends on the area
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Finestgurlie(f): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
Asaba oooo
I saw shege
2 bedroom 500
agent 250k
caution 50k
lawyer 50k
ego oji 40k (depending on the landlord )
total package almost 1 million Naira

haaaa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Babastrong(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
Can i get a house of 65K in Lagos. baruwa, ayobo precisely.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by badthinds: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Tinkerbell420:
Omo.

Greedy agents everywhere.

Tuehhh Enugu no be Lagos

$JAGA?
Go back to the place from whence you came. No one's gonna buy your rug pull.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 22o62021: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Impregnable101:
Depends on the area

Which area one bedroom reach 500k for benin
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Abujaexpress: 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Abuja, lagos rivers, delta, enugu etc... The situation is almost thesame in city areas.
Country hard, no work anywhere, property owers/ landlords are increasing rents like they are increasing volume!
In Abuja, you only pay the rent and in most cases 10% agency, 5% and where applicable, service charge/management charge which are usually one-off payment
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Graficient: 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
90dbest:
Onitsha has the most affordable house rent in the whole of the country. May be because of the large number of high rise blocks of flat the city is known for.

Yet all of una don run come Asaba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Rapmoney(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2023
BoldBrainz:

One bedroom apartment.

I am talking about one room apartment and not one bedroom apartment. They are different.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by iFESTAC680(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2023
Can't believe no one is talking about Lagos
This place isn't cheap at al. I almost fought one agent over agency fee.

These guys need to be regulated seriously!!

14 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Graficient: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
Finestgurlie:
Asaba oooo
I saw shege
2 bedroom 500
agent 250k
caution 50k
lawyer 50k
ego oji 40k (depending on the landlord )
total package almost 1 million Naira

haaaa

Same Asaba, 2 bedroom 300k, 1 bedroom flat 200k, Bedsitter 150k. Some landlord still get conscience

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by YouandiAllofus: 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
Abujaexpress:
In Abuja, you only pay the rent and in most cases 10% agency, 5% and where applicable, service charge/management charge which are usually one-off payment

And I bet the rent doesn't come cheap?
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by BoldBrainz(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Rapmoney:

I am talking about one room apartment and not one bedroom apartment. They are different.

Huh?
That's a "self-contained" apartment for a summary fee of 550K?
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Angelfrost(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Greedy Southerners... Especially Southeast and South-south. SMH.

Not one of the citizens and residents of Asaba, Owerri, Enugu, etc, can intelligently explain why Rents are outrageously high... Not one!

I mean, workers there don't earn more than workers in Ibadan or Abeokuta... Owerri can't even boast of industries... Job opportunities are literally almost nonexistent...

Yet cost of living is trying to keep pace with Lagos and Abuja.

Tell me how crimes and vices won't be astronomical... So stupid!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by tommy589(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
KyleJason:

Abi o

Cut your coat according to your size. Living in a pleasant environment is what everyone likes,but If you earn 100k monthly, must you stay where your rent eat half of your salary

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.