Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees (58343 Views)

Aluminium Window, At BENIN CITY With Grey Glass / ACEVILLE ESTATE - Secure Land in Emerging Epe City with just N100k Deposit Only! / See The New Outrageous Kano State Property Tax (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Juoflife1(f): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Lagos
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Maj196(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
Thunder fire all greedy agents angry
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by alimiadedayo1: 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
englishmart:
You can get a well-furnished two bedroom flat for 180k in Karmo, Jiwa, Gwagwa, Tasha, Akaraka, etc, Abuja.
[quote][/quote]
where do u want to get a such in Abuja or are you dreaming in your dream

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Impregnable101: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
22o62021:

Which area one bedroom reach 500k for benin
Some places around sapele road, you gats hold reach 400k to rent dope 1 bedroom flat

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Codes151(m): 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
Sometimes they don't even have water o lol.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Ade1177: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
iFESTAC680:
Can't believe no one is talking about Lagos
This place isn't cheap at al. I almost fought one agent over agency fee.

These guys need to be regulated seriously!!
Only Government can intervene

But govt sef are worse

You'll be amazed some landlords without agent
Collect full 100k
No lawyer
Still collect 100k
No nothing in the house
Still collect 50k

In my presence in lagos
Even the agent that took us to the house

Out of the extra 250k

Na 30k landlord gave the 2 of them said they should manage it

Agents now asking us to add something for them

Govt needs to check these landlords

And developers especially

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Finestgurlie(f): 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
Graficient:

Same Asaba, 2 bedroom 300k, 1 bedroom flat 200k, Bedsitter 150k. Some landlord still get conscience
location please

currently ?
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by BoldBrainz(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:

And I bet the rent doesn't come cheap?

The least you'll get a self-contained apartment in any estate environments with basic services in Abuja is 500K. Agency is 10percent. Legal fee is 10percent (negotiable). Caution fee is subject to negotiations between landlord and tenant, but that can come for 5percent.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by BoldBrainz(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

where do u want to get a such in Abuja or are you dreaming in your dream

Lol.
Those places he listed actually have cheap houses. But trust me, you don't want to live in any of them.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
God Bless you Sir. Enugu agents are thieves

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by ezechi242: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
the government really needs to attend to these menace of agents and land lords extorting the citizens, its really inhumane.

8 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by fineboynl(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
Tenant are stock in one apartment for years in Enugu even if they doesn’t like the place. The reason is agent and lawyer And all other fees.

E nor easy oh.

If you go club na agents you go dey see inside.

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by helinues: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Finestgurlie:
locarion please

currently ?

Pepper

grin cheesy
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by frankmoney(m): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Abuja ... plus you don't get value for your money
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 22o62021: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Impregnable101:
Some places around sapele road, you gats hold reach 400k to rent dope 1 bedroom flat

Back of mandillas
Clean house one bedroom there na 250k

But if e too cost 350k with pop ceiling
And based on say light dey
For GRA na highest 300k cos light no stable

My area na 300k and we de get light like 20-22 hours daily

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by sylve11: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Rapmoney:
I have visited so many cities in Nigeria due to my interest in the property business and I think Enugu is one of the most frustrating place to search for accommodation in Nigeria.

Read carefully. I am not talking about the general cost of apartments here. I am talking about the outrageous and unnecessary fees that these greedy and selfish Shylocks who call themselves property agents charge in Enugu.

It will interest you to know that the neighbouring states around are very different to what is obtainable in Enugu.

TYPICAL COST OF BED-SITTER/ONE ROOM IN ENUGU:

1 year rent = 200k/250k
Agent fee = 100k
Agreement fee = 100k
Caution fee = 50k
Management fee = 50k

Total = 500k/550k

Now, a young man who earns 50k as salary (average salary of a graduate in Enugu) is expected to pay 500k-550k for a bedsitter apartment for a year! If it was an industrialized city like Detroit, Amsterdam, Dubai, Los Angeles or Leeds, it would have been different but not a place that has civil servants and small business people as the greater part of the population.

Just because say you show me one room apartment, I go give you 100k!!!

I don't think I'd like to stay in Enugu sha. undecided cool
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by blesdman(m): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Edipet:
Till date I don't still understand why person go leave him village/ lhouse go dey hustle for another Man village, then use the money just to pay house rent bill, buy food. Pay NEPA bill,pay high transport, Maybe hire experience olosho, at the end he might die without achieving anything part from paying those bills. Whereas in his village, there is free accommodation, cheap food, fresh food, farmland to plant of the things, cheap NEPA bill, cheap transportation and cheap girls .
Human never know wetin them want. We over labour ourselves unnecessarily. And animals will be laughing at us.
How can we be earning salary just for bills and House and food.
Oga loud this volume.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 90dbest: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Graficient:

Yet all of una don run come Asaba
Ode, you don't know that most houses in asaba are built by Onitsha-based business men. In fact, asaba is a spill over development from onitsha.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Kfed4ril(m): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
englishmart:
You can get a well-furnished two bedroom flat for 180k in Karmo, Jiwa, Gwagwa, Tasha, Akaraka, etc, Abuja.
Oga o
Easy na
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 9jabox(m): 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
englishmart:

Fear God small nau. Na you build the house keep for there?

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by NapoleonHill: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
This thread go long ehn

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Cantonese: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
OP your topic is mischievous, tribalistic and shows an attempt to ridicule some people.

Maybe you hear of Maitama in Abuja only in the news. Ask any agent how much one room self contained costs in Maitama and Asokoro.

You may also choose to ask how much one room self contained costs in Ikoyi, V/I, Lekki phase 1 and Ikeja, especially off Allen avenue and Adeniyi Jones area. All those will disproof your claim about Enugu and show you that Enugu’s rent is not in anyway comparable to the aforementioned areas.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Abufo: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Edipet:
Till date I don't still understand why person go leave him village/ lhouse go dey hustle for another Man village, then use the money just to pay house rent bill, buy food. Pay NEPA bill,pay high transport, Maybe hire experience olosho, at the end he might die without achieving anything part from paying those bills. Whereas in his village, there is free accommodation, cheap food, fresh food, farmland to plant of the things, cheap NEPA bill, cheap transportation and cheap girls .
Human never know wetin them want. We over labour ourselves unnecessarily. And animals will be laughing at us.

You hit the nail on the head! If we truly ran a federal structure.....it would be easy for ethnic nations to run their own affairs, Alaigbo region can go to Akwacross region and facilitate port services including roro port...........then most ndigbo will not have to travel to other lands where they are resented..........for me I will live in my forefathers'homestead and do my runs across Alaigbo and Niger delta....wetin wan carry me go mushin and ikotun, to do what there?.......make I begin to drag gutter and refuse dump with mc oluomo!!! God forbid!!

white man do us something but there time is over!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by CaptainFM1: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
As a home owner, I don't use agents but my rental form fee is 20k. I do see people complaining about that too, but when I explain to them that the fee is for me to run around and do background checks and also carry out vetting process on them, those that are serious understand and are willing to pay it.

From what I've noticed so far, it's always tug of war between Landlord and tenants once the vetting process and due diligence is not done when taking in tenants. Most tenants lie in their forms and most hungry landlords are quick to giving out property without checking /enquire thoroughly about the tenants they are taking.

10 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Blackpowers101: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
Rapmoney:
I have visited so many cities in Nigeria due to my interest in the property business and I think Enugu is one of the most frustrating place to search for accommodation in Nigeria.

Read carefully. I am not talking about the general cost of apartments here. I am talking about the outrageous and unnecessary fees that these greedy and selfish Shylocks who call themselves property agents charge in Enugu.

It will interest you to know that the neighbouring states around are very different to what is obtainable in Enugu.

1 year rent = 200k/250k
Agent fee = 100k
Agreement fee = 100k
Caution fee = 50k
Management fee = 50k

Total = 500k/550k

Now, a young man who earns 50k as salary (average salary of a graduate in Enugu) is expected to pay 500k-550k for a bedsitter apartment for a year! If it was an industrialized city like Detroit, Amsterdam, Dubai, Los Angeles or Leeds, it would have been different but not a place that has civil servants and small business people as the greater part of the population.

I think someone is trying to remind you of the lawyer fee...

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by circular(m): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Rapmoney:

1 year rent = 200k/250k
Agent fee = 100k
Agreement fee = 100k
Caution fee = 50k
Management fee = 50k

Total = 500k/550k

Omoh, that's quite outrageous. Later, we'll be blaming the government for our predicaments.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by libertyfather(m): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
u make a lot of sense here, in other way life is like bet, many wins and still many looses , everyone keep trying
Edipet:

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Chimatesky64: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
Moh227:
cool

For a city with low GDP, less Industrialization, No municipality water, less job openings

That is scam

Lagos, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Anambra, Imo are still viable for such rent

pH says Hi.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Moh227: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Chimatesky64:
pH says Hi.

PH with oil companies... I forgot to add

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.