Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees (58338 Views)

Aluminium Window, At BENIN CITY With Grey Glass / ACEVILLE ESTATE - Secure Land in Emerging Epe City with just N100k Deposit Only! / See The New Outrageous Kano State Property Tax (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by ogascomax: 6:28am On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
Till date I don't still understand why person go leave him village/ lhouse go dey hustle for another Man village, then use the money just to pay house rent bill, buy food. Pay NEPA bill,pay high transport, Maybe hire experience olosho, at the end he might die without achieving anything part from paying those bills. Whereas in his village, there is free accommodation, cheap food, fresh food, farmland to plant of the things, cheap NEPA bill, cheap transportation and cheap girls .
Human never know wetin them want. We over labour ourselves unnecessarily. And animals will be laughing at us.
How can we be earning salary just for bills and House and food.

And you are not even in your village o. What high institution did you go and where is your village?
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Finestgurlie(f): 6:30am On Aug 14, 2023
Graficient:

Jesus Saves Road
ok thanks I'll check it out.
I saw shege around bonsac

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by HRMK: 6:40am On Aug 14, 2023
IN ENUGU STATE?I WONT BELIEVE YOU!HALF A MILLION FOR A ROOM?ITS SIMPLY OUTRAGEOUS!!
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 14, 2023
This is why the Igbo will not rise again. Agricultural land is so expensive in the region also. Yakubu Gowon won Biafra because they weren't producing their food, and to date, they have not learned their lesson. Before the war, they import food from Calabar and Akwa Ibom, and the moment Gowon cut off the region, they lost the war. One would think they are ready.

How will Enugu develop when services involved in renting houses are high? They made the rents look affordable probably because the state government regulates it but they still found a way around it to collect more and more. Not funny. Yet, they say they want to rule Nigeria. Honestly, I am frustrated by Igbo's way of life. Can't they save their land before coming to save Nigeria that is still ok then their land?

Perhaps Yoruba, Hausa, and Fulani are the ones that have made their land so expensive because they like blaming others for their doings. Wow!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by OlujobaSamuel: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2023
Babastrong:
Can
i
get
a
house
of
in
Lagos.
baruwa,
ayobo
precisely.
No, except na face me I face you
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by wizdooarchy3(m): 7:06am On Aug 14, 2023
englishmart:
You can get a well-furnished two bedroom flat for 180k in Karmo, Jiwa, Gwagwa, Tasha, Akaraka, etc, Abuja.
Gwagwa and jiwa na slum waiting for bulldozer
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Sucolee(m): 7:08am On Aug 14, 2023
Most of them are ritualist so the bills is not thier prolem..
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by skywalker240(m): 7:14am On Aug 14, 2023
22o62021:
Not so in benin city
Hmm well in Benin, any agent that wants 100k is a criminal, but have you been to airport road? Ugbor and GRA?
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by englishmart(m): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2023
wizdooarchy3:

Gwagwa and jiwa na slum waiting for bulldozer
People have been living there for 200 years, bro. People will still live there for another 100s of years. The poor must breathe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Abaman001(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2023
Ade1177:

Only Government can intervene

But govt sef are worse

You'll be amazed some landlords without agent
Collect full 100k
No lawyer
Still collect 100k
No nothing in the house
Still collect 50k

In my presence in lagos
Even the agent that took us to the house

Out of the extra 250k

Na 30k landlord gave the 2 of them said they should manage it

Agents now asking us to add something for them

Govt needs to check these landlords

And developers especially
In all of these, nobody remembered to add that a bag of cement is currently sold within 5,700 and 6000 (still fluctuating) a piece of iron is within 6700 and above 9000 according to their sizes, building materials generally is soaring very very high on daily basis, what about price of land in most of these cities that are not smiling at all, the people and government should first looked into those areas before looking towards the landlords, real estate is a business just like others businesses, they are not a charity organizations, they all want to make profits too, even though it takes a landlord several yrs(more than a decade) to cover up is expenses

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by OlujobaSamuel: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2023
90dbest:
There are some facts in what you said, and u a polite about it unlike those people from south west.
After insulting the people of SS by calling the person ode in your initial post, you got a nice and calm response, you still find a way to bring in the SW into your insult.
Only God knows how you relate with people around you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Maobichek: 7:20am On Aug 14, 2023
englishmart:
You can get a well-furnished two bedroom flat for 180k in Karmo, Jiwa, Gwagwa, Tasha, Akaraka, etc, Abuja.

Hmmmm!!! The places you mentioned are not planned and beside no constant power supply.

I visited a friend at Karmo and i felt bad; Gwagwa and Karmo are within the same route. I personally will prefer Life Camp to these places you mentioned.

Thank you and good morning.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by riverbird: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2023
It's so obvious that this OP never near Lagos in his life.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 22o62021: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2023
Mcslize:

I am looking for a good 1 bed room flat 🏠 with better dope kitchen cabinet and regular light. Please, which area is that your place for the 20-22 hour light?

My area, it's hard to see a one bedroom o

It's a commercial area, it's mostly shops and warehouses they build.

You will see dope one bedroom at obe sapele road.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by 22o62021: 7:44am On Aug 14, 2023
skywalker240:

Hmm well in Benin, any agent that wants 100k is a criminal, but have you been to airport road? Ugbor and GRA?

LOL ugbor GRA no de get light

Airport road, down down after ogba zoo

Houses de there but no regular light

My friend is asking me if I need a 2 bedroom at trade fair, the rooms are not big but the compound is good.

They only see light like 10-12 hours.

I'm still thinking
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Ade1177: 7:44am On Aug 14, 2023
iFESTAC680:

Exactly my experience, I had to still give the agent #5k after paying 300k agency, agreement and caution fee to the landlord, this is almost 40% of the rent.

They need to be regulated honestly!!!!
Agents are bad

But the landlords are the real devil evil people

How can you collect such huge amount and give pennies to the owner of the commission

Collect 100k for Agreement no lawyer atall

Caution fee and you'll still be the one to complete some structures in the house yourself

A lawless country

What happend to 10% of the rent for commission
They collect upto 50% or 70% sometimes extra

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by luvyaself95(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2023
Wait what Wetin i just find out grin
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Ade1177: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2023
Abaman001:

In all of these, nobody remembered to add that a bag of cement is currently sold within 5,700 and 6000 (still fluctuating) a piece of iron is within 6700 and above 9000 according to their sizes, building materials generally is soaring very very high on daily basis, what about price of land in most of these cities that are not smiling at all, the people and government should first looked into those areas before looking towards the landlords, real estate is a business just like others businesses, they are not a charity organizations, they all want to make profits too, even though it takes a landlord several yrs(more than a decade) to cover up is expenses

Seems you're part of the developers

So because its high

Is it not the same cement the people in ikorodu are buying

Or those in far distance

There rent is almost 1/10 of what you people collect in the city

All in the name of location

And it's in a busy area

Understandable

But most you people rarely give room for any slight negotiations

To remove 5k they won't
Let alone reduce any amount from the total to accommodate new tenants

They want to gain all the money used to build the house

Under 3yrs max

I just look at those renting developers house in this lagos

If I see a new house and I ask

Is it the landlord that built it itself
I will rent

If na developer
I run no matter the gimmick
Because as you rightly said na for profit and you can never negotiate or be flexible on renewal of rent for next year that's is they don't increase it by 100k next year and ask uou to pack out because they want to collect another 100k. 100k

They use substantial materials and house starts peeling under 6months after collecting 500k each from 26 rooms

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Father4all: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2023
That's why the Igbos love Lagos, Abuja and other cities more than their house own. Funny people. Yet, they always shout Biafra Biafra
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Coolgent(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2023
Finestgurlie:
Asaba oooo
I saw shege
2 bedroom 500
agent 250k
caution 50k
lawyer 50k
ego oji 40k (depending on the landlord )
total package almost 1 million Naira

haaaa

This is fraud at highest order!
So one can't deal with the landlord directly or his estate manager?
What is eho oji?
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by seanwilliam(m): 7:54am On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
Till date I don't still understand why person go leave him village/ lhouse go dey hustle for another Man village, then use the money just to pay house rent bill, buy food. Pay NEPA bill,pay high transport, Maybe hire experience olosho, at the end he might die without achieving anything part from paying those bills. Whereas in his village, there is free accommodation, cheap food, fresh food, farmland to plant of the things, cheap NEPA bill, cheap transportation and cheap girls .
Human never know wetin them want. We over labour ourselves unnecessarily. And animals will be laughing at us.
a very underrated comment
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Finestgurlie(f): 8:03am On Aug 14, 2023
Coolgent:

This is fraud at highest order!
So one can't deal with the landlord directly or his estate manager?
What is eho oji?
lol
even if you deal with landlord directly you go still pay agent fee.
it's a kinda agreement with those landlords and agent.
dem get union.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Kemetals: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2023
I think the government have to do something as regards to this.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by cassyrooy(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2023
Edipet:
It's not even their choice, insecurity can cause it, political engineering, competition in same village will instigate migration and force people to seek greener pasture, a whole lot is happening deliberately and many people won't even know until they fall into that trap.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Rhado: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2023
ezewealth:
Enugu pay more costly rent Dan Lagos and abuja. No be even say water dey, average rent for one bedroom flat is 350k every year, two bedrooms 500k, 3 bedrooms 700k. For average brow area like achara layout, uwani, maryland district. For independent area, GRA, new heaven that one na die.
You fit see low rent for amache, one day, gariki, emene, akpapa, that if you don't care about your sanity

042 to the core.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by updatechange(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2023
Moh227:
cool

For a city with low GDP, less Industrialization, No municipality water, less job openings

That is scam

Lagos, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Anambra, Imo , PH are still viable for such rent

Na Igbo group them post that one, go twitter go see general veiw
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Rapmoney(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2023
Cromagnon:
stay ya village na

One greedy Enugu agent spotted.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by cassyrooy(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2023
englishmart:
I left this vicinity in 2006, last visited in 2021, but trust me, I will advise people to check Karu before your listed environment.
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2023
Madness
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by seanwilliam(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2023
GorillaApp:

See the way e easy for your mouth angry

How many young graduates don buy land

You fit help us buy abeg
To me, regardless of the city you work or live, if you’re paying house rent of 500k/1m , there’s nothing bad if you have your own land even if you’re yet to develop it.

Every city has developing area in Nigeria , even Lagos( ikd,bdg) you’ll still see a piece of land for 1m, it’s not a must for you to live at the city center especially if your kind of job doesn’t REALLY demand it. Infact in Ibadan, you’ll still see a plot of land in a developing but viable location for 700k.

One guy just bought a plot of land with his 800k savings , total package three days ago, he wanted to rent new apartee with the money, I told him not to, I said ‘ if you can’t run business with the money , then buy a land ‘

If you can come up with 500k house rent, you should be able to afford 1m land, even if na to pay twice.. na wetin person no search for him no go see !.

I have a friend who just renewed his house rent at ajah , almost 2m naira and this chap doesn’t own a plot of land. He’s been living there for 3 years, in his word ‘ he wants to buy house in lekki’. He’ll be running helter skelter any time rent is due .
Question is what if it doesn’t work out at the end? What will you fall back to.

Nigeria is hard, but person must be extremely wise and frugal with the little you earn in other to survive.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by Abujaexpress: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2023
Luckysbab:

What of short lets? A client needs to be in Abuja for a month. Needs a conducive space, but not too expensive and hotel accommodation might not cut it
I have a shortly of different specs and prices - 40k to 100k per night
Re: The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees by erniok(m): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2023
ezewealth:
Enugu pay more costly rent Dan Lagos and abuja. No be even say water dey, average rent for one bedroom flat is 350k every year, two bedrooms 500k, 3 bedrooms 700k. For average brow area like achara layout, uwani, maryland district. For independent area, GRA, new heaven that one na die.
You fit see low rent for amache, one day, gariki, emene, akpapa, that if you don't care about your sanity
Enugu pays more rent than Lagos? Can you pay 1.5m annually in a place like Gbagada? If pikin never taste other soups, e dey say d mama own na the sweetest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.