Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger (17798 Views)

Niger Coup: Northern Senators Reject Military Intervention / Holland Becomes First Eu Nation To Cancel All Sanctions Against Russia / Finally, Some Sense! Germany Calls For End To All Sanctions Against Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has advised President Bola Tinubu to remove various sanctions imposed on Niger Republic with a view to creating ways to negotiate with the military junta

DAILY POST recalls that following the overthrow of Niger civilian government, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ordered the immediate closure of borders between Niger Republic and disconnected power supply to that country

Reacting, however, NEF Director of Publicity and Advocacy, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, said the removal of sanctions on the country will make negotiations easier to conduct.

According to him, the sanctions imposed will negatively affect the morale and welfare of citizens of both countries and will detract from the existing positive disposition towards Nigeria’s position.

He said by removing various sanctions, it would make negotiations led by Nigeria, using all assets that both countries value, easier to conduct, adding that the forum noted the apology offered by the military leaders in Niger to our President over the manner in which his envoys, General Abdusalami and His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, were received.

It said President Tinubu is Chairman of ECOWAS and leader of Nigerians, adding that Nigeria is uniquely placed to engage the leadership of the Niger Republic to accept these with the minimum of delay.

β€œIt will compound the security and humanitarian crises in the ECOWAS region. It is likely to weaken and further divide the ECOWAS and provide greater access for non-African interests into the lives of Africans, with negative consequences,” he said.

He said the ECOWAS should actively re-assess the roles and designs of non-African interests in the West African region. Besides multiple threats from armed groups in the Sahel and the region, we are becoming increasingly victims of global military manoeuvres and a scramble for our assets.

He commended all leaders and persons of influence, including the Nigerian Senate, who are contributing to a genuine resolution of the situation in the Niger Republic, just as he urged President Tinubu to recognise this unique moment in history and conduct himself in such a manner that it records his role as defining statesmanship.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/15/coup-nef-urges-tinubu-to-remove-all-sanctions-imposed-on-niger/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
This is Buhari and his Fulani brothers speaking through the NEF and failure to comply, they will deal with Tinubu. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜†

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Iamcrazy: 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
My problem with Nigeria is between me and God. So it doesn't concern Nigeria or her governing body in any way. I still don't know why God sent me here in the first place. It remain the greatest mystery of my whole entire life and nothing else can take up that soace in my life.

I can't imagine what the feeling would be like if I'm reading Nigeria news as a citizen and resident of Canada or Germany. Nigeria is nothing but hell. I think people sent here are those who misuse their opportunity one way or the other when they were in the better part of the world.

Probably we are sent to this place to see of the hardship and events of this place would have negative or positive consequences on us or not because sometimes, Things happening in this country targets our behaviour and attitude with the aim to make us wicked, mean and cruel in relating with others. We are just too unlucky to be here. Even the mineral resources is a problem in disguise.

Only God knows why I'm in this country. It is only in this part of the world that you will encounter challenges that doesn't have a physical or define cause/reason.. Some situation will even make you think God dey whine you

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Vinnie2000(m): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
Tinibu wants to Attack Buhari's Resting Place. 😏

Northerners will soon DEAL with him.πŸ˜•

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by GanagiBitrus: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
Northern Nigeria is supposed to be part of Niger.
Fact is, Northern Nigeria owes more allegiance to Niger than to Nigeria.

Blood is Always Thicker Than Water

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by fuckJones(f): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
ipob will support northern elders

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Odin13: 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Only Yoruba people are supporting their god on this Niger matter ..

But for them to face the north and their elders that has been loud against their god.. na haram to Yoruba ..

But to others .. it’s wisdom..

They will abuse and curse any other going against their almight useless drug imp.

Yoruba guess northern elders are Ipob and bitter obidients?

Tinubu the imp must invade Niger .. otherwise he remain a useless god .. and the greatest of all Yoruba god .. dead and alive ..

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
This is Buhari and his Fulani brothers speaking through the NEF and failure to comply, they will deal with Tinubu. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜†
That's why it is not good to support bad thing, he is simply paying them back in their own coin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Entprys(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
fuckJones:
ipob will support northern elders

Mediocer you are

28 Likes

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by EmeeNaka: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
You can imagine the audacity.
So, the Northern Elders Forum supports Niger Republic in a disagreement with Nigeria ? So, to them, it's Tinubu's fault and not the fault of the Junta.
It's even better to advise Tinubu to remove the sanctions and not get involved at all, than to advise him to remove sanctions before negotiation.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
EmeeNaka:
So, the Northern Elders Forum supports Niger Republic in a disagreement with Nigeria ? So, to them, it's Tinubu's fault and not the fault of the Junta.
It's even better to advise Tinubu to remove the sanctions and not get involved at all, than to advise him to remove sanctions before negotiation.
Nlfpmod
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by slivertongue: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
More like a sanction on northern Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
slivertongue:
More like a sanction on northern Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by limeta(f): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
North and south west
Face to face rumble

3 Likes

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2023

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by obiekunie01: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
If the rottenToothedDruggieBA.Tstard should make the huge mistake of dropping booths in the republic, he will be fighting a losing war in various fronts!

He will be fighting with sabotaging northern Nigerian army.

Fighting with heavy influx of fully armed Islamic terrorists from the Sahel,

Then fighting with seasoned Nigerien desert warrior soldiers who has been the main guys holding back Libyan terrorists from over running northern Nigeria - hence the reason why the military junta warned that if they had not intervened by removing their corrupt elected president, that Nigeria would hav been drastically affected.

Tilumbu should thread with caution. cheesy

"We" go just seat on the fence dey watch as events unfold. cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Tipsoul:
Tinubu will only do what's on his mind

Only if he's ruling Lagos not nigeria, taking down Tinubu from Aso rock is easier than invading Niger Republic.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Tinibu wants to Attack Buhari's Resting Place. 😏

Northerners will soon DEAL with him.πŸ˜•

Tinubu is a betrayal he won't last before shettima will take over his place.

8 Likes

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by delpee(f): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
We should focus on our interests and leave foreign interests sort out their issues with Niger. Perhaps we should establish our own home grown democracy across Africa. Libya was stable until Ghaddafi was killed by foreign interests. Same way Patrice Lumumba was killed for standing by his people.
Nigerienes appear to like their new rulers. Let them resolve their issues internally instead of imposing war on them. Moreover, this is more like a proxy war.

3 Likes

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Odin13:
Only Yoruba people are supporting their god on this Niger matter ..

But for them to face the north and their elders that has been loud against their god.. na haram to Yoruba ..

But to others .. it’s wisdom..

They will abuse and curse any other going against their almight useless drug imp.

Yoruba guess northern elders are Ipob and bitter obidients?

Tinubu the imp must invade Niger .. otherwise he remain a useless god .. and the greatest of all Yoruba god .. dead and alive ..

Tinubu is a betrayal and he won't last he understood this

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
EmeeNaka:

Only foolish nigeria leader will be against Niger Republic junta government and since Tinubu has shown his foolishness he will start paying and disrespected

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
KGBKremlin:

Only foolish nigeria leader will be against Niger Republic junta government and since Tinubu has shown his foolishness he will start paying and disrespected
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by RingRoadMafia: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2023

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Goodman2023: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Northern elders or southern Niger elders ?

Kano, Katsina, sokoto are all southern Niger

4 Likes

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Iamcrazy:
My problem with Nigeria is between me and God. So it doesn't concern Nigeria or her governing body in any way. I still don't know why God sent me here in the first place. It remain the greatest mystery of my whole entire life and nothing else can take up that soace in my life.

I can't imagine what the feeling would be like if I'm reading Nigeria news as a citizen and resident of Canada or Germany. Nigeria is nothing but hell. I think people sent here are those who misuse their opportunity one way or the other when they were in the better part of the world.

Probably we are sent to this place to see of the hardship and events of this place would have negative or positive consequences on us or not because sometimes, Things happening in this country targets our behaviour and attitude with the aim to make us wicked, mean and cruel in relating with others. We are just too unlucky to be here. Even the mineral resources is a problem in disguise.

Only God knows why I'm in this country. It is only in this part of the world that you will encounter challenges that doesn't have a physical or define cause/reason.. Some situation will even make you think God dey whine you
grin grin grin

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Godspeed0: 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Are we really one Nigeria?
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by bigdammyj: 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Noted.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by ImoleNaija: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Racoon(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
cheesy I said it.Tinubu does not fully grasp what he is playing with as far this Niger Republic debacle is concerned. They may just activate a military coup in Nigeria just to reverse the sanctions. Senseless drug baron. Meanwhile, let the marriage no scatter o.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hassan Tukur Granted $40m Bail / Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu / 8 Years After, Buhari Completes N2.5 Bn Baro River Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.