Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo (71938 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Limca Or Goldspot: Which Was Your Favourite? / This Fried Rice Doesn't Go Bad Quickly - See The Secret (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Espelbengz(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
I don't know where u were raised, but you can't use where u were raised to determine indomie was everywhere in Nigeria, if it was out in Lagos by then fine, but noodles wasn't popular all over Nigeria until in early 2000!
I don pass 45!!!

donbenie:
This is not true..
I don't know how old you are,but Indomie have been popular and a household name, much before the early 2000..
I personally started seeing Indomie in the early mid 1990s and it was common place.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Espelbengz(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
Read my comment, said indomie became popular in mid 2000.. and where did u grow up?

Sicilyjoe:

I ate indomie in 1995
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by BuyMeBanger: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
I'll never forget my first indomie experience back in 1991. My brother was back from boarding school (Model(?) College Lagos) and he bought his mixed-race (German/Nigerian) new best friend home with him to show off to us undecided(I think grin). Anyway they were both in the kitchen preparing the goods and I remember me and my other siblings were so intrigued by the aroma, cutting the long story short I vividly remember him giving us one strand each to taste and that was it I was hooked cheesy.

On the topic of drinks, I don't think I will ever stop missing Tandi Guarana, that drink was pure magic specially when piping cold, 'GuaranĂ¡ Antarctica' is the closest I've tasted as an alternative but it is much weaker than Tandi.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Deoboss(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
guobe:
I think there was also a drink called crush too in those days then okada dry.

I know of Canada Dry and can not remember Okada dry

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Deoboss(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived without compromising quality.

Modified: Schweppes doesn't taste the same.

You forgot Green Sand Shandy, Dr Pepper, Sena cola & Africola

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by UnimkeAk(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
Drank Goldspot during every break in secondary sch..
Finished 2006
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 5:45am On Aug 29, 2023
Deoboss:

I know of Canada Dry and can not remember Okada dry
it was Canada dry
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sicilyjoe: 7:20am On Aug 29, 2023
Espelbengz:
Read my comment, said indomie became popular in mid 2000.. and where did u grow up?

Did u say mid 2000 ? Is like u are still a kid, where i grew up doesn't matter, i first ate indomie in dec 1995 , am sure u are not born by then
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Espelbengz(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
Oga u d lie, I left university in 2000 and I can boldly tell you indomie wasn't popular then! I am 100% sure I old pass you! Although age has got nothing to do with this argument..

Sicilyjoe:

Did u say mid 2000 ? Is like u are still a kid, where i grew up doesn't matter, i first ate indomie in dec 1995 , am sure u are not born by then

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.