Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,270 members, 7,829,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo (71935 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Limca Or Goldspot: Which Was Your Favourite? / This Fried Rice Doesn't Go Bad Quickly - See The Secret (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by engrchykae(m): 4:12am On Aug 28, 2023
harkolat:

could remember Parle Soda...the good old days
yes o,parle soda and tonic water that year
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by lexy2014: 4:16am On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:

Fanta Ginger Ale.

I remember seeing that one up to 1994.

I think the production was stopped when Fanta Chapman began, which also stopped a few years after.

Demand stopped production of ginger ale and not the production of Chapman
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by airsaylongcome: 4:59am On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.

Indomie generation does not refer to those who first ate Instant noodles in Nigeria in their teens and 20s. It refers to those who started eating instant noodles from age 1 or 2. While Indomie instant noodles was available in the 90s it wasn't as cheap and as widespread as it became in the 2000s.

3 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by kolaaderin: 6:23am On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
you ate indomie as a teenager, indomie generation are refers to those that their brain formative years were build with indomie as foundation blocks. I.e those born in early 90s and above to 2000, after 2000 are the Gen Zs. Don't we still eat indomies as an adult now ? If you are eating indomie at age 50 now does that make you and indomie generation? Obviously at 50, those are Cassava born generation
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by youngtee5(m): 6:33am On Aug 28, 2023
Slimplush:
that Schweppes helps me a lot then... I love the lemon-like taste and It works for malaria like hell, it is my goto medicine anytime I'm sick, before they eventually introduce the rubbish version.
Chat up for graphic design talks. 08174101621
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by psalmz(m): 6:52am On Aug 28, 2023
guobe:
I think there was also a drink called crush too in those days then okada dry.
the three orange men nko ?Miranda black current too

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by psalmz(m): 6:53am On Aug 28, 2023
Who remembers bongo tea ?
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by ceematics: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2023
3Hopeblog:

Na big boys Dey take that one for center. We na zobo and pastry. You go buy like 3/4 and two zobo. chitis later come open. Fedi 08 set
Wow me I be 05 set but I left In 03 SS1 National house. Chitis was for only Dangote's children the first day I tasted it I swore I won't go to toilet grin
My favorite was Mbadume pastry cos it could carry me all day at school. You must be the set where two boys stabbed themselves to death
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by tishbite42: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2023
guobe:

Klub soda was not sweet at all.did not take it one day.people say it was smokers that usually drink it.
It was actually made for them

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by tonyshine01: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2023
Olo was my best favourite
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sirmee(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2023
The Goldspot and Limca factory in badagry now house the winners church. More churches less factories. Nigeria which way?
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Banter1(m): 7:33am On Aug 28, 2023
guobe:
Also Brahma

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2023
tishbite42:

It was actually made for them
Ok
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Codes151(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2023
The rubbish that gets moved to fp is worrisome.

Important analysis like the safety and collapse of that oil rig that was brought for discussion was ignored by mods. Yet na this rubbish that is more important.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by labake1(f): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2023
donbenie:
I'm very sure you know about Fanta,Coke and Pepsi..

Yes I do
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by dinkyicon: 8:09am On Aug 28, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived without compromising quality.

Modified: Schweppes doesn't taste the same.
even Fanta doesn't taste like before except when you take the importer one
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Dreament(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2023
guobe:
yea okada dry was own by formal governor of Edo state governor father igbenedion. The owner of okada university

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2023
Dreament:
yea okada dry was own by formal governor of Edo state governor father igbenedion. The owner of okada university
Yes it was.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Greenfaces: 9:02am On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:

you love mathematics definitely
Quite easily demonstrated
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Relevant123: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2023
My breakfast then used to be
10# bread
akara 5#
then Gold spot 10# grin grin

when schools was on holidays
Not everyday sha grin grin
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sicilyjoe: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2023
JetApartment:

They started production in 1996 and you ate your first indomie in 1995, are you ok?
oga stop that rubbish, i ate indomie in dec 1995 what are u telling me ?

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sicilyjoe: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2023
Espelbengz:
Indomie came into the Nigerian market early but on became popular and a household name in early 2000, how many people in the mid nineties ate indomie for secondary or university? Make we yarn true oooo

I ate indomie in 1995
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by donbenie(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2023
labake1:

Yes I do
Then you can't relate,not because you don't take Sodas..

But because the ones mentioned are no longer available..
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by donbenie(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2023
Espelbengz:
Indomie came into the Nigerian market early but on became popular and a household name in early 2000, how many people in the mid nineties ate indomie for secondary or university? Make we yarn true oooo

This is not true..
I don't know how old you are,but Indomie have been popular and a household name, much before the early 2000..
I personally started seeing Indomie in the early mid 1990s and it was common place.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Even Crush, Krest and DrPepper, the indomie generations don't know. Dr Pepper still sells in some parts of America and Europe as I speak, in bottles and cans. I saw one in Switzerland in 2017
Dr. Pepper is sold in packs and single cans in the UK as we speak. Any COOP food and Mom n Pop store sells it.

tonyshine01:
Olo was my best favourite
This was a soda too
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by trumpcoat(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
What about bramah guarana
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sammie147: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin >: cheesy grin grin
Throwback:

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as

teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.

Wahala no Dey finish
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by syntekelite(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:

Exactly my point, since GenZ were born in the late 1990s onwards.

We need to realise that Indomie generation are now over 40yrs old for those who had Indomie in the 1990s as University teenagers.

On point.. but that indomie i think was diff,(called 2mins noodles or so)i may be wrong though, the aroma,the sauce and most especially the time to get cooked 2mins on dot..
But the sweetest part was its aroma and its long and thick strands..
The indomie of today abegi na total rubbish esp the sauce terrible health wise, i substitute mine with knorr if at all i must eat it...
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by syntekelite(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Dr pepper nko?
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by syntekelite(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
[quote author=Apus post=125159209]

True, but they are not that felt.

Drank Schweppes some time ago and was not that impressed.
Was a very big fan of Schweppes.

Hardly drank anything asides old Schweppes lemon then.

[/quote

Na tonic water i miss pass esp if u dey smoke small ... So gutted that it no longer exists...

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Mcreloaded(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
Remember Greensands Shandy,
Gold lager beer

I guess I ate indomie also.
I qualify as youth be that.

Can't remember what age I was downing the gold lager beer but I guess maybe early 90s I no come remember

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.