Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo (72016 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Limca Or Goldspot: Which Was Your Favourite? / This Fried Rice Doesn't Go Bad Quickly - See The Secret (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Bukola94: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Burob:
Schweppes has rebranded.
they got a good taste still
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sicilyjoe: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
JetApartment:

Oga stop the lies, Indomie entered Nigeria in the 2000s and not the 90s.

Indomie enter naija in the mid 90s, i first ate indomie in 1995
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by BABYBULLETIN: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:
I think there was also a drink called crush too in those days then okada dry.
lolz..crush..i remember that drink...fatoyinbo use crest for bukola
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by dreamxhaser: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Good evening elders

I'm a Genz boy but there is a lot of misinformation going on here. Not all these things have gone extinct ooo

In still drink Limca, 7up, Sprite, Shweeps and Mountain Dew oooo

They still in the market and I can still buy them now (at leas where I live).

Also, if you want any of the old drinks, you can go to a super market that sells foreign goods, you will see them there
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Dshocker(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
Even Tandi

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by olumaxi(m): 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
flokii:
Goldspot was still around when I was in the University na.. I remember some cult boys using Goldspot bottle to stab a target in our hostel then.
Very thick bottle.. na those ones dey fall wey no go break.
o jabo kofo
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by JetApartment: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sicilyjoe:

Indomie enter naija in the mid 90s, i first ate indomie in 1995

They started production in 1996 and you ate your first indomie in 1995, are you ok?

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Elninomufasa: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
It was 2 minutes noodles way back

Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
if u had tasted coca cola & fanta in early 90s, u will be forced to pity dis present generation onboard now.

Na poison dem dey package now as soft drink.
Water-water & sugar plus colour dem dey package put for bottle dey call am coke & fanta!

The real coca cola left Nigeria since 90s!
undecided
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Ikemba007: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:

True even Fanta ginger A died too
Ginger Ale
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by NonsenseRubbish: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2023
These were my favorites then
Schweppes pineapple
Miranda Tropical
Fanta blackcurrant
I think Coke also had some variety of flavors too I can’t remember like Vanilla and others

I never liked goldspot or limca 🤮
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
Elninomufasa:

It was 2 minutes noodles way back

Maggie 2 minutes noodles!
cool
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Faradmax: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tonic Fanta.......who remember that??.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
dreamxhaser:
Good evening elders

I'm a Genz boy but there is a lot of misinformation going on here. Not all these things have gone extinct ooo

In still drink Limca, 7up, Sprite, Shweeps and Mountain Dew oooo

They still in the market and I can still buy them now (at leas where I live).

Also, if you want any of the old drinks, you can go to a super market that sells foreign goods, you will see them there
dat is not d real Limca u drink now.
& Schweppes?
Puleeaase!
if u taste Schweppes of d 90s walahi u won't drink any of dis present poisons dey call mineral now...
dat is d one reason I don't spend my money on them unless u give me free drink to drink!
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Omoluabi16(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ishilove:
Limca survived, Goldspot didn't cry
loool. goldspot that was neither here nor there. At least limca could use that lime and lemon distinct taste. But there was fanta, mirinda, tandi orange and I think crush.Too much competition for a weak drink.🥲
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Omoluabi16(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
NonsenseRubbish:
These were my favorites then
Schweppes pineapple
Miranda Tropical
Fanta blackcurrant
I think Coke also had some variety of flavors too I can’t remember like Vanilla and others

I never liked goldspot or limca 🤮
They should have kept up with the varieties. They tasted nice.I think coke owns limca now and also make bottle water.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by ochiosa(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
It was produced by Indians, the production plant was in Warri close to Water resources.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by ezewealth(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
Psady:
That CRUSH DRINK is the best among all those orange class of soft drinks back then and will still better any of now if re- introduced with same quality, no orange drink come close to that crush , mere looking at the bottle alone it stands out among others with this thick admirable colourant and salivating orange flavor.mere purchasing it then your day is made.
I swear even the bottle signifys loyalty. The taste is out of the world. I don't know what happened, crush, krests and scwrapps are same company.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Fearyourcreator: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
I fit die cus of tandi ooo... I like am like crazy... Goldspot too for birthday
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Fearyourcreator: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:
I think there was also a drink called crush too in those days then okada dry.
Dr pepper... Bluna
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Fearyourcreator: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:

True even Fanta ginger A died too
Fanta sharoman
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Fearyourcreator: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:

True Fanta Chapman was just cruise.it didn't last at all.
Sharoman no tey
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by jonsn: 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:
From boys to men there was a drink called Goldspot and olo.Kids then love the drinks but they faded away fast.
Indomie generation and Genz will not know what these drinks look like.

You should have put Bramma Gurana instead of Limca and Gold spot.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Espelbengz(m): 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2023
Indomie came into the Nigerian market early but on became popular and a household name in early 2000, how many people in the mid nineties ate indomie for secondary or university? Make we yarn true oooo

Throwback:

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Lacisa: 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
A drink called Dr Pepper did not see the late 80s
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Archangelhenrio(m): 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Goldspot and crush were my favorite then.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by sehin79(m): 12:04am On Aug 28, 2023
i remember this limca them na him i dey buy give my girlfriend for naija then with fried yam...does where beautiful teenage years..
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by 3Hopeblog(m): 12:10am On Aug 28, 2023
ceematics:
Back then at FGC Enugu it was Goldspot and Okpa all day it was our National Anthem 😁

Na big boys Dey take that one for center. We na zobo and pastry. You go buy like 3/4 and two zobo. chitis later come open. Fedi 08 set
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by PPIA: 12:25am On Aug 28, 2023
Throwback:

When importation to Nigeria only began in 1988? 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by rickleye: 12:52am On Aug 28, 2023
The Zing thing ! Gold spot
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by jonahhh: 1:27am On Aug 28, 2023
Chochovini:
. Hiaa...! Which one was that again?

Search tandi old drink on google ... tandi guarana went out of business and nobody knows why
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by otipoju(m): 1:43am On Aug 28, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived without compromising quality.

Modified: Schweppes doesn't taste the same.

Tandi Guarana as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) / Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.