Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience (17018 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Stevengold(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2023
sad advice from NL is like telling a dog to roar.
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by GreatAchiever1: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2023
I no get any experience to tell you, although I did IT in a financial institution, I just did what I was told to do, gist small small among some staff and fellow IT students and then mind my business. Make I just say this to you, CONGRATULATIONS.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by darkmarky(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2023
Do your job, get paid, go home!

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Cyphar(m): 11:02am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations op............. Just try and stay away from women...... Avoid over familiarity.

Abeg make person help me.... Hunger wan finish me

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by CaptMarvel(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2023
Hey.

Bulk mailer and email extractor available. Contact me from profile.
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by CodeTemplar: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2023
Take a break once in a while then continue. E get why.......work no dey finish.

Above all work smart.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2023
timagentms:

Congratulations guy,

Working in a Financial Institution is a dream for almost everybody.

You should always remember this world *Integrity* this is what you will need to succeed in the financial house.

Be polite to your colleagues and customer, also know that customer can elevate you in your career and life, so also customer can degrade you.

Professionalism is the best work culture.
When you knows these steps and follow it, it will guide you in any unit/department you have been posted to.

Best of luck.
a dream fr almost everyboday😂.that statement off me
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by trespas: 11:06am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations, smart organizations have targets n objectives set for employees. When u get urs break it down to actionable items n focus on delivering ur target. Perhaps u encounter challenges while at it first critically analyze it come up with 3 likely solutions then approach ur supv clearly stating the challenge then present ur likely options of solutions for him or her to guide in best option. Always remember u were hired to add value the moment ur value dwindles the organization will not hesitate to show u d way out. As said earlier by others integrity teamwork & customer care are sure propellers. All d best. 1 more thing set ur targets for what u want out of the opportunity & network people are d key. Thank u
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Ahigbo1: 11:06am On Aug 19, 2023
Let accountability and honestly be your guide. Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by juman(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2023
So many advice to give but tired now.

You can become billionaire with right sense.
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by timiade446(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations man

I wish you well

Netflix premium access for sale

Just 1k

Check my signature for my WhatsApp
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by criuze(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2023
Read Mafia manager by V
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BabaOfLagos: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Integrity,Integrity and again, Integrity

Listen to this man,

Integrity can never be overrated.

80% of finance workers lack integrity.

They might portray a positive public image to hoodwink clients and superiors but their integrity is reprehensible.

Under no circumstances should you exchange your reputation and values for monetary benefits.

A person with zero integrity has a detestable character.

2. Avoid bedding a colleague or boss, If you do sooner or later, the mess would hit the fan and you know what comes next.

3. Work daily to improve and expand your knowledge in the finance niche.

4. Join a tribe of men with high values, I would recommend you to search and join IAJ ONLINE on Telegram.

Join the tribe of men there.

Get better Daily.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by badonkadonk: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

I got my dream job in a financial institution, I will be resuming on Monday.

From your experience, kindly share the things I must and must not do in a professional setting.

NB: This is my first professional job hence the reason for the question.

Remember God in all you do and keep His words and commandments close to your heart

Pray before leaving your house

Create time to read and meditate on God's word.

Stay away from office romance

Stay away from allegiance

Stay neutral

Come early leave 15mins after close of work unless you have loads to cover and the next day wouldn't be enough to sort it out

Don't fall for damsel in distresses

Don't lend out money to people, if you are led to lend, give what you know you can let go of when they don't pay back

Don't be Mr Nice employee

Keep your mouth shut and your eyes and mind open

Speak less listen more

Detect the bullshit before it happens

Make friends, give value always and expect nothing in return

Stay away from office gossip unless it favours your goals and ambitions,

keep up to date with office affairs

Go the extra mile and think 100 steps ahead

Always be calculative

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by DiamondPant(f): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

From your experience, kindly share the things I must and must not do in a professional setting.

I've never worked in a financial institution but generally, don't do shady deals and avoid office romance.
Work harder than your employer expects and as much as possible, do not complain.
If you complete a task assigned to you and still have time, don't play games or chit-chat in the name of free time, ask your boss if there is something else they'll want you to do. There'll always be something to be done.
From time to time, offer to take up tasks that are above your pay grade if you have the time.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Acehart: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2023
Honesty, Loyalty, Punctuality, Commitment and skill
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by rosamaris: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations! Wish I'm working in a financial institution too. All the best.
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by dannyspeejay(m): 11:19am On Aug 19, 2023
AVOID FEMALE COLLE...
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Nice2023(m): 11:21am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

If it is a bank...learn everything good about the loan and recovery process.

So that,the day u leave the bank u can start ur own loan business or cooperative.

Don't work to earn alone but work to learn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by illuminutty: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

Don’t mess around with the opposite gender. Don’t do eye service to your boss or anyone.

Admit your mistakes and apologize from your heart and DO NOT make the same mistake twice.

Double check your mail recipients and re-read before you hit the send button.

Better to come early and close late than come late and close late.

Never leave your workstation/pc unsecured even when going to grab a cup of coffee at the tea room.

Avoid looking at the security calms like say you are aware someone is watching you.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by WantsandMore: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

NB: This is my first professional job, hence the reason for the question.
Learn office politics, there will be times you'll be tempted to compromise, but let your gut guide you. Let your yes be your yes and your no be your no, help whenever you can but your work relationship must not extend beyond your comfort zone, other than that stick to your schedules and do your job efficiently and bag that monthly reward and if possible with some icing on the cake. All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by dahmie2013: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations OP. Ask God for favour, & more favour. If you are a Christian read Proverbs 16:7.

All the best in your career journey.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Cemsorcems: 11:29am On Aug 19, 2023
Na Firstbank abi?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Kajaard: 11:31am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

1. Don't involve yourself in office politics
2. Stay away from office gossips
3. Don't date a co-worker. It never ends well

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BennyDGreat: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2023
trespas:
Congratulations, smart organizations have targets n objectives set for employees. When u get urs break it down to actionable items n focus on delivering ur target. Perhaps u encounter challenges while at it first critically analyze it come up with 3 likely solutions then approach ur supv clearly stating the challenge then present ur likely options of solutions for him or her to guide in best option. Always remember u were hired to add value the moment ur value dwindles the organization will not hesitate to show u d way out. As said earlier by others integrity teamwork & customer care are sure propellers. All d best. 1 more thing set ur targets for what u want out of the opportunity & network people are d key. Thank u

Amazing counsel

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by victorVIC1(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2023
Avoid office gossips at all costs, avoid office romance, contribute sensibly during meetings as this makes you visible and positions you for recommendations (but don't over do), work smart, keep improving yourself through research, professional courses, etc and put your trust in God.

The sky is your starting point

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Yankee101: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2023
You’ll get an integrity test that involves finances and/or confidentiality

If you’re a teller and you see overage, especially after you just resumed, just declare it jejely or you’ll be a one week only employee

Integrity. Confidentiality. Appropriate dressing. Timely

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BennyDGreat: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2023
badonkadonk:

Remember God in all you do and keep His words and commandments close to your heart

Pray before leaving your house

Create time to read and meditate on God's word.

Stay away from office romance

Stay away from allegiance

Stay neutral

Come early leave 15mins after close of work unless you have loads to cover and the next day wouldn't be enough to sort it out

Don't fall for damsel in distresses

Don't lend out money to people, if you are led to lend, give what you know you can let go of when they don't pay back

Don't be Mr Nice employee

Keep your mouth shut and your eyes and mind open

Speak less listen more

Detect the bullshit before it happens

Make friends, give value always and expect nothing in return

Stay away from office gossip unless it favours your goals and ambitions,

keep up to date with office affairs

Go the extra mile and think 100 steps ahead

Always be calculative

Amazing and solid points here

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Boomboost(m): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2023
Develop interest in AI and incorporate it into your job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by deltateam: 11:35am On Aug 19, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Is there a way you can fvck a female colleague "professionally"?

Yes nah. Marry her and go home and do it professionally.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Emeka71(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2023
siofragspot:
Congratulations!

AVOID fvcking a female colleague unprofessionally, so you won't get sh!t rubbed all over your face someday at work place.
So right.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BoldBrainz(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2023
deltateam:

Yes nah. Marry her and go home and do it professionally.

Well, that first comment suggested something else. And I didn't know fvcking one's wife could be considered "professional" knack..😂.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Job Interveiw From Zis / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.