Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,019 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience (17020 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by mayowascholar(m): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2023
Go through the handover notes or possibly reach out to the person you are taking over from for guidance.This will give you a soft landing

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Camberlo(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2023
Avoid thinking you want to live big because you begin to work in financial institution.
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Greenfaces: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

I got my dream job in a financial institution, I will be resuming on Monday.

From your experience, kindly share the things I must and must not do in a professional setting.

NB: This is my first professional job hence the reason for the question.
Just mind your business. Don't divulge anything. Envy is real. Do your job and go back home to your family.

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by DonroxyII: 4:58am On Aug 21, 2023
nepapole:
Congratulations.

Avoid office politics.

Do not be too forward(shun eye service) and too laid back as well.... Find a place in the middle.

Office Politics is Unavoidable ...
This is like advising Nigerian Politician to Avoid Nigerian Politics ...

Haba!

If You No sabi Play the Game, Abeg Comot from the Field ...

If you Don't Play Them Dem go Play You Laslas You go Be Like Zombie grin ....

Just Don't Hurt Anybody But Play Your Games Real Good ....

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by DonroxyII: 7:14am On Aug 21, 2023
badonkadonk:

Remember God in all you do and keep His words and commandments close to your heart

Pray before leaving your house

Create time to read and meditate on God's word.

Stay away from office romance

Stay away from allegiance

Stay neutral

Come early leave 15mins after close of work unless you have loads to cover and the next day wouldn't be enough to sort it out

Don't fall for damsel in distresses

Don't lend out money to people, if you are led to lend, give what you know you can let go of when they don't pay back

Don't be Mr Nice employee

Keep your mouth shut and your eyes and mind open

Speak less listen more

Detect the bullshit before it happens

Make friends, give value always and expect nothing in return

Stay away from office gossip unless it favours your goals and ambitions,

keep up to date with office affairs

Go the extra mile and think 100 steps ahead

Always be calculative
This is Dope cheesy
Other than Allegiance, at some Point in the Career, You just have to Choose a Side Because When Sh.its Gets down... You may need Ya teams to Front for You

This is no Neutrality in this World .. Nah cheesy... Just Use Ya Sense & Play Smarter than them all By Keeping Ya Mouth shut & Eyes Open ...

Detect Bullsh.it before e happen: ... Baddest of them all .... Never Looseguard if you do ... Gear Up to Curb the Consequences to Nil !
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by DonroxyII: 7:19am On Aug 21, 2023
DiamondPant:

I've never worked in a financial institution but generally, don't do shady deals and avoid office romance.
Work harder than your employer expects and as much as possible, do not complain.
If you complete a task assigned to you and still have time, don't play games or chit-chat in the name of free time, ask your boss if there is something else they'll want you to do. There'll always be something to be done.
From time to time, offer to take up tasks that are above your pay grade if you have the time.
Good luck.
Omoh, Employee na Businessman o ...

Why do you want him to do beyond his Salary ...

Na small small Slavery dey start .... If dem come use am beyond his endurance & tolerance Thresholds e go vex as e change am for them na so dem go Wreck am & e go dey easy because his dck is already in dem hands .... You can't be an high value individual & do more than you earn for another man business ... No Businesses will pay you more than your worth .. That's a Loss to them ... they want to milk you already to earn more from Ya services than being paid to uou ...

Never start wetin u no go finish ...
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by DonroxyII: 7:26am On Aug 21, 2023
Kajaard:

1. Don't involve yourself in office politics
2. Stay away from office gossips
3. Don't date a co-worker. It never ends well
But Some Coworkers eventually marry now ... or remain friends forever .... Na Only Maturities jhare ... once a dude is mature, He will get away with many things but once you behave anyhow, You will see anyhow as woman go show you shege ...

Same way she open The Cake for you is same way she go open you give HR grin

As u dey Fvck the down, You must Be Fixing the Up if not ... O ti Lor cheesy ... Corporate World na ihm dey shag the most !

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by lavylilly: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2023
golbe1972:

Learn never to short-changed your employer because you knew the salary before accepting the job, otherwise forget it and allow those who will be contented take the job.
There are employees you cannot attract and keep in your organisation because of the small size of your vision.

These employees will keep leaving because the size of your vision is too small to accommodate them.

Hence, after 5 years in business, you still can't boast of up to 3 loyal employees you have raised in your system.

This is why you must quit playing small.

Quit dreaming and acting small.

Smallness move certain people away from you.

However, when you play big, you give your employees the opportunity to light their own candles from yours.

If you play big, employees who get attracted to your business will use your success as a bragging right.

They will want to be identified with your journey.

They will want to take selfies in your or their fine offices or work stations.

They will want to appear on a photo with you.

They will want to work for you.

They will want to speak about your company to their friends or family members to earn their respect.

They will want to share photos or videos about the company they work on their social media platforms.

They will want to be in your winning team.

This does not necessarily make them gold diggers; it is just the natural instinct of every human species.

Humans love to identify with what's working.

Humans are driven by growth.

They are also sustained by growth.

So if you are not growing as an entrepreneur, no reasonable employee will want to stay with you for long.

Yes, I know success takes time.

But in life, you must also remember this:

There has to be an urgency to creating some level of success for you to retain certain employees.

If you take more time than necessary to create that level of success, certain talents are going to leave you.

That's just how the cookies crumble.

You must constantly build your business and raise your vision to match the evolving aspirations of your people in it.

And for those who leave, let it be that when they come back after three months, they cannot recognise your business again.

Why?

You have moved!

You cannot continue to provide good reasons and justify your smallness after a certain period of time.

People will lose their patience on you because, after all, they have their own lives to sort out too.

And after a while if you are not helping them achieve that, they will pack up their bags and look elsewhere.

So while you keep complaining that employees are always resigning and leaving your "small business".

Maybe they are not actually the problem.

Maybe the problem is YOU.

You have stayed "small" for too long.
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Meerahbel: 7:41am On Oct 04, 2023
lavylilly:
Never work for a man who is CHRONIC womanizer, it always ends in regrets.

Don’t be fooled by what they portray outside (social media).

Set clear boundaries in the workplace.

Avoid or run FAR from organization that uses crack version of softwares.

Learn to short change your employers (VERY necessary) because the "take home" will NEVER take you home.

Don't stay in company accommodation, they turn you to their slaves.

Leave organization that doesn't give you chance of improvements

If by any chance your salary is delayed even for a day or not paid as agreed (without communicating to you why it's been delayed) on the offer letter, activate exit plan ASAP.

Lack/inadequate medical services for staff - If the medical services (HMO) does not cover you ONLY or you & your family, don't run, disappear!!

No Ieave allowance (you work 24/7 & 365 days) Just resign ASAP
#factomondo.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Meerahbel: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
DonroxyII:
But Some Coworkers eventually marry now ... or remain friends forever .... Na Only Maturities jhare ... once a dude is mature, He will get away with many things but once you behave anyhow, You will see anyhow as woman go show you shege ...

Same way she open The Cake for you is same way she go open you give HR grin

As u dey Fvck the down, You must Be Fixing the Up if not ... O ti Lor cheesy ... Corporate World na ihm dey shag the most !
Experience shaggiest
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by DonroxyII: 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
Meerahbel:
Experience shaggiest
I'm a Pastor cheesy πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Meerahbel: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2023
undecided
DonroxyII:
I'm a Pastor cheesy πŸ˜€

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Job Interveiw From Zis / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.