Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47518 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by agabusta: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.

Look at you even communicating a kind of admiration for the fraudster instead of you to express outrage and condemn him.

This is the reason it is difficult to trust anything Nigeria. And they make Nigerians go through a lot before they can be believed.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by BigDawsNet: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Larryndelaw:
if they do.itnlike the way you said , you will still be the one to complain first. We always use our mouth to destroy our country by saying negative things. That's one if the problem

What I said is not officially but a theory .. I don't know the the maximum cap per year and no one who ain't a US consular has the data... na just assumption..
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by maasoap(m): 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

You have mentioned the singular reason for high rate of rejection which is DECEPTION on the part of you, the applicants. I don't understand why you chose to go on and on about irrelevant reasons.

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Patriotcreed: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
It's not 'nigerias' situation, it's the people's mentality. Are they really making any difference with their abroad?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Abufo: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

Check well ! most of the applicants are our neighbours in the south west ,who will not allow Ndigbo to live and work in peace in Lagos! na dem japa the most o! you harass fellow citizens living in Lagos in the land of their birth but at first opportunity they flee the hell hole their APC created...........come to Indiana here na dem full here.....begging African Americans for marriage of convenience! yet you keep on voting senile ancestors into power!

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Bfly: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2023
Just try and see it yourself, don't listen to this person.
What most Nigerians have committed is enough to dry the little oil in their head.

I believe in cause and effect.

Though some are not qualified for real. Like no intention
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Offpointng: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
Willie2015:

Dont mind them... Russia dey..but they wont go.. Even with scholarship... from the govt... No be book dey wan go read... No be the same book dem go read for USA Na in dey Russia... grin cheesy
Lol
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by georgeakins: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
pacespot:

It beats me when I see some àgbàdo Nigerians on Twitter who have managed to escape from this hellish country but still supporting evil back home, like that ọgbẹni Dipọ on Twitter.

It is Ibos that are messing up our image abroad, not Agbado people.

They go into all sort of crimes to make money.
They will go over there to study.

Even in Ghana and South Africa, Ibos sell drugs on the streets and have also introduced kidnapping.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by abbey621(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2023
UnfairLife7:
WHY are they denying under 30 men? I thought they prefer younger ones.

Under 30 coming to VISIT America, especially single......Very suspicious....Majority of under 30 coming to visit have no intention of coming back.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by fkj950ax(m): 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

How did your interview go?
You broached on every topic relating to Nigeria, but left the outcome of your very first sentence

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by stanluiz(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
Angelfrost:

Well, that's the idea... Demand and Supply!

Keep rejecting many, and keep making serious money for the American government due to the desperation of Nigerians to flee their nation.

The game is what it is...

That's also why America and Europe never want good leadership in African nations.

Imagine a visionary and moral leader pushing for the fast development of this nation... Just imagine it.

Visa applications, student applications, Japa generally will decrease massively!

IELTS will be hit terribly!

Those nations will lose their cash cow, not to mention the human resources they are leeching off Africa.
you have said it all.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by narite: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
correctguy101:

How funny... The irony is...

Yet they'll allow the bandits raping the country and it's citizens easy access to their country.... Even letting them deposit stolen public funds, only to later spin one nice drama so that they can seize the funds .. Very smart if you ask me.

The only reasoning this ancestor can see here is them wanting you to have enough spending power to no matter how small, support their economy.

They see those who don't have such as a liability, a total nuisance that wants to escape the cage their smart leaders are using our dumb leaders to create ....smh

Not to blame them though, it was never their fault in the first place...

Small small, many of us Nigerians will reject our Nigerian identify to become Ghanians, Togolese, Cameroonians even Burkina Faso won't be spared..

Smh
The black man work all his life to become a part of them. They pick the ones that are very rich and also the very very smart ones as those are the ones that can really change things within the system, creating problems for them and they do not want this. Then leave the mediocres, giving them hopes that can promote them higher while behind the scene they are being siphoned.

These whole thing goes on a very large global scale. It a vicious cycle of a huge rip off. The black man is still a slave, he his in a prison he cannot see, smell or touch. A prison for his mind.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by formular2002(m): 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
I encourage people to try and build travel history. Visit Kenya, Egypt, Ethiopia and other tourist destinations in Africa. These trips shows you are always coming back home and will stand a better chance of getting approved

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Vinchin(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

I dedicate Shey na like this we go dey dey? By Wande Coal of Mohit record then.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Kingbuhari(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Where unah won go.. abi unah say Ebola Tinubu nah the messiah.. u voted bad government and won run.. they will bounce u tire until u get small sense and do the right thing
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by famology(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
BigDawsNet:
My advice generally for guys is to try and travel to other countries... get atleast a temporary residency from that country and apply for a US visa... atleast your chances are higher den...

But coming from nigeria with just Nigeria passport... it's based on lucky... US doesn't run based system.. so its based on luck

Wise man

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by RaptorX: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by emdis: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
Pls, Abuja or Lagos? Make we take note now o..
Mummyfour:
very painful o.
Even undergraduates that are young and definitely have ties back home were bounced out.

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Ezemeiyogu(m): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
In need of Proof of fund, look no further, help has come

Just reach out!

@Op, if you hv waited or knows anyone who has waited for Germany's interview appointment date, u won't need to go to any embassy for this understanding.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Hezzyluv: 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
Emaprince:
Yeah
My younger sister got her US visa on first try around april.. same as my younger bro too, who traveled to Canada.

Meanwhile, I know many people who have been frustrated.

Which route did they follow?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by correctguy101(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
narite:

The black man work all his life to become a part of them. They pick the ones that are very rich and also the very very smart ones as those are the ones that can really change things within the system, creating problems for them and they do not want this. Then leave the mediocres, giving them hopes that can promote them higher while behind the scene they are being siphoned.

These whole thing goes on a very large global scale. It a vicious cycle of a huge rip off. The black man is still a slave, he his in a prison he cannot see, smell or touch. A prison for his mind.

As you can see, it's all a smart game. Woven to look enticing, no matter how demeaning it seems.

Like I always mention on here when discuss such as this are brought up...

It's simply the fate of the weak.

The weak has many options, every single one with it's underlying consequences and risks. Ah, the weak I'm seeing in this drama are not even conscious of the situation/game let alone choosing to break from it.

One could even conclude that by "doing nothing" about it all is also one of the options albeit the one chosen by the weak in this case, whether consciously or not, a choice has already been made....

I barely get like this, I need my gin...

SMH
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Reference(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

The summary of all your lamentations is:

The rule of law.
It is one denominator behind almost all the failings of Nigeria as a nation.
It is one test practically every citizen of Nigeria fails.
And the only solution to this is restructuring.

In this case to reverse the black badge placed on every Nigerian passport.

The United States in question is busy prosecuting a powerful, former President and his cohorts who rose against THE INSTITUTIONS of State and trampled on the Constitution of the country.

How do we expect them to respect us when we dare not do either, even try.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Pauliaette(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
Like this like this America do shun Nigeria immigrants, there is no needs having their embassy here nah. I don't take shit from the white at all

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by correctguy101(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Only ignorantly silly people will want to japa to USA and Canada at these times.

Everytime you post something like this, I always suspect it was me on the other side posting...

How you mostly post my mind escapes me. You sure say you no dey steal info from my mind from that "what's the name you always use again?" Something database.... grin

My spirit don dey rise, yet I never increase voltage... Smh

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Panda7(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
UnfairLife7:
WHY are you supporting Nigeria government milking over 220 million Nigerians? Do you think you're more Nigerian than others? Or they're paying you as some people do say here?
Don't be patriotic to Nigeria, burn the country down so you can go abroad and become a US citizen. I believe you know the US was once built by its ordinary citizens as you. As for the Nigerian govt, that doesn't mean everyone in the government is into corruption. If you have legitimate way you can fight corruption you can help contribute your part as a good citizen.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by rayopt(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Funny lots. But the corrupt politicians go and come without wahala na, how come? Be deceiving yourselves with your yeye post. Those useless countries that knows what they are doing. You are here blaming everyday Nigerians supporting what they support.

You people will have having sense once you start looking inwards. For now, Goodluck to your japa struggles. Whatever your eye see, take am like that. No kon disturb others.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by marenkurz: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Don't mind OP, he is not truthful.
No embassy would reject a visa application when you have scholarship from a reputable institution.
It doesn't make sense. I know at least 20 people that has left for the USA with scholarship in the last two years.
lastkingsman:

@Mummyfour

You mean scholarship and not loan? Jeez!

US should pity us na. Na WA oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Penboy: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
MT:

Blame those who were given Visitor's visa and Student's visa and abused them. Nigerians are profiled as one of the high risk Nation that will abuse visa.

Let the truth be told, over 90% of the people that were bounced would abuse their visas. The Consular Officers have seen it all. Sadly some few individuals with genuine intention will be bounced too but majority that are bounced are deserving of it.

You must give them a genuine reason why your case is different. US embassy care less about your document. Your body language and what you say will determine it. You cannot fill in your application form that you are going for tourism and you pick Indiannapolis. You have shot yourself in the leg before you utter a single word.

Stop heaping blames on the Government alone, the citizen's behaviours play key roles too.

What happens in Indianapolis?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by uuzba(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
psucc:
The major challenge to this is the involvement of our leaders and government in every corruption module. It's even better now. Let the dust over 2023 elections settled, that's when we will get the real deal
Back in 2004 one of my mates went to the American Embassy, and viewed same frowning and disappointed rejected faces coming out of the interview rooms.
But for him, they gave him.
HOW?
Well first of all NEVER EVER let them know you are desperate.
His family is here in lagos.
His dad used to visit Ikoyi club and maintained membership. But how does that affect my friend?
Well, my friend saw that those big men in Ikoyi club come there to play golf, same with the oyibo people.
So my friend APPLIED for professional Golf Course in one useless school in US.
Immediately those Embassy people saw it, they started smiling at him.
This one is a BIG boy. He just wants to flex small in US.
The granted him visa.
My guy travelled to US went to the school and branched to another school and did all the runs necessary for permanent stay. In fact, he married a Nigerian girl there that already had papars.
Thats how he did his own O.
Today he has 4 kids and a successful business there. He has visited Nigeria llike 1ce or 2ce since that 2004.
Don't be desperate..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by steeltrust: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
You de talk america
I had my fair share of it sha

Even common Jamaica sef de do yanga for Nigerians

I go apply for visit oh make me and my fiancé just go enjoy our self when I even get Canada visa join

Imagine Jamaica when be say if them dash me citizenship I go reject self de do me yanga

Na laugh I just laugh comot there
No be there fault sha

Na bad leadership cause am 😂🤣

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by narite: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
correctguy101:

As you can see, it's all a smart game. Woven to look enticing, no matter how demeaning it seems.

Like I always mention on here when discuss such as this are brought up...

It's simply the fate of the weak.

The weak has many options, every single one with it's underlying consequences and risks. Ah, the weak I'm seeing in this drama are not even conscious of the situation/game let alone choosing to break from it.

One could even conclude that by "doing nothing" about it all is also one of the options albeit the one chosen by the weak in this case, whether consciously or not, a choice has already been made....

I barely get like this, I need my gin...

SMH
Yeah, that is the saddest thing, a system where one is suffering and tormented but still yet the suffering and torment are not enough to wake them up, for they to become conscious. This game has been carefully set up hundreds of years ago. It just marveling.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nairalander Visits Oguta Lake Confluence And Saw Amazing Ecological Wonder / Nigerian Man Deported From Libya Kneels On The Tarmac To Thank God (photos) / Rules For Unmarried Couples Staying In Dubai Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.