Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47525 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Codeye(m): 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
1. Misrepresentation
2. Unprofessional workers
3. Unpatriotic Citizens
4. Flawed Systems
5. Covetiousness
6. Unfound lust for money
7. Poor International politics
8. Bad Governance
Are the major reasons Nigerians are denied visa.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by starlingbawa(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
deltateam:
Am I the only person that is not crazy about the Japa movement?

It just doesn't move me. I hope the security situation doesn't get worse though. That's the only reason I might consider it.

I thought the same way for years until i found myself presently residing in Toronto...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
post=125354495:

IS HERE And Observing The Thread, To Know The Level Of BAD NEWS
nobody died on that day and people's heads were not broken too as far as I know, just few people that were almost fainting out of frustration.

Abi make I give you the details make you run the story?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by qtguru(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
PaulH07:

What body language did you showcase?

Personally just normal, my colleague was panicking and didn't answer his questions like where he would be staying.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by RaptorX: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
America is full. Attention should be on countries that don't speak English like South Korea, Portugal and Japan. They need people, but we focus on those that speak English.
Japan and South Korea certainly do not need people(immigrants) don't know about Portugal but it is definitely not a rich country, their own citizens are migrating to Portuguese speaking African countries.

6 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Harrynight(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
deltateam:
Am I the only person that is not crazy about the Japa movement?

It just doesn't move me. I hope the security situation doesn't get worse though. That's the only reason I might consider it.

So there is someone In this Shitthole country that reason like me, I tot I was alone. grin
Honestly even my sis', and my woman try tire, still I've never been moved by this Japa thing Asswear
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
millionboi2:
which one is scare those who wants to travel?if its easy why not just enter plane and go without visa.how are we sure what you just said is the truth
There is nothing to prove to you oga. Rest.
People get visa on a daily basis and people get rejections too.
I said my own blood sis got something you are saying another thing. Will I tell you what I don't know?
She is there for her Phd and at the same time a Teaching Assistant in the school. It is a fully funded thing.
Get a PhD fully funded scholarship (Research Assistant or Teaching Assistant), prapere your transcript well, be bold and and pray, you will be fine.
I know what I'm saying oga.
Same thing with the 2 others that got it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
emdis:
So even students on scholarships are now being rejected? Damn!
very painful o.
Even undergraduates that are young and definitely have ties back home were bounced out.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Ikpunnegi01: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
If you're part of those that voted the Ebola may you never never been giving a Visa, may they kick you out of their office, may they kick you out like a criminal. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by AllenSpencer: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
the American embassy staff and systems are not daft.
All they needed to do was carefully scrutinize the documents and be sure it is real.

Maybe people could get away with things like that nowadays, but not any more especially with technology and all that

Scrutinize what was scripted from the source.

Take for example, People pay for bank statement with huge balances, that can be verified from anywhere and will still pass. How does the embassy verify when the bank itself has confirmed balances.

Fraud is moving at same pace with technology, and in a country like Nigeria, it’s very easy!

Don’t know how many peeps have made it to Canada with fake degrees, verified by WES?

The system is very porous and there is nothing the embassy can do. They themselves are confused. I believe they do more of psychological judgement.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Angelfrost(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
that is my thoughts too.
Why continue to collect visa application fee from people.
Now the rejected people will still reapply.
It is terrible

Well, that's the idea... Demand and Supply!

Keep rejecting many, and keep making serious money for the American government due to the desperation of Nigerians to flee their nation.

The game is what it is...

That's also why America and Europe never want good leadership in African nations.

Imagine a visionary and moral leader pushing for the fast development of this nation... Just imagine it.

Visa applications, student applications, Japa generally will decrease massively!

IELTS will be hit terribly!

Those nations will lose their cash cow, not to mention the human resources they are leeching off Africa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by abbey621(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
90% of those applying are not wise.....Here's the reason. Nigeria still has a better reputation than Mexico, Columbia and others but those people still get visa approval. Nigeria's problem is mainly volume, in terms of visa application, the U.S makes the most money from Nigeria than any other country even China and India. The U.S allocates a certain number of visas yearly, this number is strategically managed. Now let's talk about the people that are automatically placed at the highest possibility of rejection:

1. Men younger than 30, with no travel experience
2. Women with family members in the USA and no history of long career in Nigeria
3. Men over 40 with no family, no travel experience
4. Those that have been denied more than 3 times with no positive change in their situation

How to boost your chance if you're financially buoyant?

1. Disvirgin your passport, travel to countries where visas are easy, build a history of traveling and be consistent.
2. It is better to be married with kids than to be single, single people are at the biggest risk of rejection.
3. If you work for a company and have tenured history, have them sponsor your trip. Company sponsored conferences and summits are among the highest approval categories.

How to boost your chance if you're just managing?

1. Grab a cold drink use it wash down hot spicy turkey and jollof.......Take a deep breath and say.....Problem no dey finish grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by TheBillyonaire: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Only ignorantly silly people will want to japa to USA and Canada at these times.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Panda7(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I am a Yoruba guy who reside in Lagos. IGBOS are not your problem. You made the wrong choice twice

Baba Buhari and baba Emilokan grin
And your point is??
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Messi4441: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Can someone please tell me, why are they denying undergraduates. Like I don't get
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by descarado: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
that is why towards the end of my post, I indicated that such people will not understand until something wants to make them travel out .it may be study, or even health reasons
Our problems are Nigerians who have crossed over but still behave like Nigerians. We always want to do things the naija way everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by yemmit90: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

When they tell some people to stop damaging Nigeria names and their leaders integrity on Internet, they thought you are only doing that for political reason.

It is OK to condemn government or call out corrupt leaders through constructive statements or vote them out but everything is bad or not proper if you call your country or leaders all sort of derogative names for the whole world to see on Internet. These people relies mostly on online forums and social medias to get their information about your country, yet some people has made this their duty to keep damaging the integrity of the country they called home thinking they are doing already rich politicians.

People should only call attention of government to what we think they should do rather than criticising them irrationally or keep damaging the name of their country. You can't slap your father in the present of your friends and expect the same friends to respect you and your father or allow you to come close to theirs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
Angelfrost:

Well, that's the idea... Demand and Supply!

Keep rejecting many, and keeping making serious money for the American government due to the desperation of Nigerians to flee their nation.

The game is what it is...

That's also why America and Europe never want good leadership in African nations.

Imagine a visionary and moral leader pushing for the fast development of this nation... Just imagine it.

Visa applications, student applications, Japa generally will decrease massively!

IELTS will be hit terribly!

Those nations will lose their cash cow, not to mention the human resources they are leeching off Africa.
makes sense

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Angelfrost(m): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
abbey621:
90% of those applying are not wise.....Here's the reason. Nigeria still has a better reputation than Mexico, Columbia and others but those people still get visa approval. Nigeria's problem is mainly volume, in terms of visa application, the U.S makes the most money from Nigeria than any other country even China and India. The U.S allocates a certain number of visas yearly, this number is strategically managed. Now let's talk about the people that are automatically placed at the highest possibility of rejection:

2. Women with family members in the USA and no history of long career in Nigeria
4. Those that have been denied more than 3 times with no positive change in their situation

1. Disvirgin your passport, travel to countries where visas are easy, build a history of traveling and be consistent.
2. It is better to be married with kids than to be single, single people are at the biggest risk of rejection.
3. If you work for a company and have tenured history, have them sponsor your trip. Company sponsored conferences and summits are among the highest approval categories.

1. Grab a cold drink use it wash down hot spicy turkey and jollof.......Take a deep breath and say.....Problem no dey finish grin grin

A million thumbs up to you...!

This is the gospel right here... Nothing to add.

They will keep making serious money off these desperate Negroes.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by samwillyco1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
Canada Visa is how much please

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Codeye(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
YourBestWriter:

It is indeed a curse to be Nigerian. I'm on my third attempt now to get a visa, and hopefully it will be successful this time after two previous failed attempts. Sometimes i wonder why humans have to go through such difficult processes just to travel. I sometimes envy the birds that fly freely at will. We committed no crime as immigrants; we just want to leave this country for the rich, corrupt people to defecate upon. Is that a crime?
Nigerian are the most blessed people on earth. I'm sorry you don't know this fact.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by samwillyco1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
descarado:

Refund?
I don't understand.

The embassy should be made to refund applicants visa fee once rejected by the embassy
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by UnfairLife7(m): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Panda7:

And your point is??
WHY are you supporting Nigeria government milking over 220 million Nigerians? Do you think you're more Nigerian than others? Or they're paying you as some people do say here?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by georgeakins: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
Basicend:

What are you talking about? The man you voted in a your president is the linchpin of corruption. . If APC can put Ganduje as their national chairman. . That means he is their flagship party card member. . So what are you talking about dust being settled?

I rest my case too.

J
Obi has lost, he can never be president of this country.
Try to move on.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ozo13(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
psucc:
The major challenge to this is the involvement of our leaders and government in every corruption module. It's even better now. Let the dust over 2023 elections settled, that's when we will get the real deal
my brother the corruption is everywhere oo not limited to only political class.We hv people That hv Japa and are still receiving salary from federal and State govt .some are even coming back for verification just to ensure they get the free salary.something they can not do in their new abode.We hv plenty wahala in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by yemmit90: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.

Must you spew out this? You think they don't read this?

This is one of the reasons they rejects many genuine applicants.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by onyxo76(m): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
hmm, got mine in 2018,first attempt with just simple travel history. .i was just myself throughout. went for 10 days and came back...i guess they have a way of telling if you are telling the truth from your body language cos they really denied lots of peeps in front of me then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by UnfairLife7(m): 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
abbey621:

WHY are they denying under 30 men? I thought they prefer younger ones.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Harrynight(m): 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

US govt is now very much strict with immigration issues and has even become a political campaign issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria!

Go and watch desperate travels on Aljazeera and the one by Anderson Cooper. Sea of heads trekking on foot from everywhere and especially latin America yet Nigerians are not there!

The money Google and co made from Nigeria in 15 months is about N2 Trillion! If Google is making such money here and you are going to beg in their country embassy, u be suegbe according to late Fela. Check my signature for free stuffs!

I just checked Ur site buh you might have to educate me about the free stuffs
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by sweetkev(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Only ignorantly silly people will want to japa to USA and Canada at these times.
Any reason ? Please enlighthen us
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MatrixReloaded: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dshocker:

grin

Please remove Japan from the equation, Japan is more difficult than the US.

JAPAN is the only that has the least number of citizens wanting to migrate to any country.

Japan has it all, abeg no go there.

SmartPolician:

Times are changing. As for the second line, I said that Nigerians should focus there.

I am not writing about those willing to leave their countries.

https://erudera.com/news/japan-unveils-ambitious-plan-to-welcome-400000-international-students-by-2033/

Cc tensazangetsu20
Person wey u copy na Chile e go, why e no land Japan. Lol
Please edit your comment. You shouldn't be writing things like that in a public forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rules For Unmarried Couples Staying In Dubai Hotels / Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Family Escapes Death As Steel Ring Falls Off Trailer & Crushed Car In Magboro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.