Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy (47551 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by UnfairLife7(m): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Panda7:

a case of pot calling kettle black, since
you are on the social media and have any solid evidence of corruption you are in a better position to call them out to appropriate authorities.
the worst place in US and Canada is better than the best place in your shithole country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by 9jahotblog: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hmm 🤔 nawaoooo
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
tishbite42:

Is this a premium joke??
in my own case there was a very very strong tie.

And secondly documents were not even perused at all.
Infact the folder was closed the way it was from home.

So it wasn't a case of documentation, and there was no questions asked regarding ties to warrant that kind of verdict.

Be that as it may, does it mean that more than 200 people that had the same verdict didn't have strong ties , besides some didn't even have their documents perused

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
MASTERMIND04:

Forget about all these. They give people VISA. They reject more though but people get it.
My younger sis was on $34k scholarship and she got it.
I know about 2 people who got it too. All at first attempt.
They are giving people. You just have to know what to do to get it.
If they don't give you now, try again.
Try Abuja.
Don't scare those who want to try.
oga I am definitely not scaring any one.

Take time to read my post okay.
I also inferred that a lot of people from the hours of 6:30am to 9am were denied visa.
Are you saying that they were all not qualified.

Meanwhile Abuja was not conducting interviews as at when our application went through. We had to fly to Lagos for the interview.

There are things that are beyond the ordinary eyes, no matter how overtly prepared you are for things like that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MT: 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
grandstar:
I do not blame them. People who hitherto wouldn't Japa are doing so in droves.

MY sister who travelled to the States for holiday with her husband in 2018 or so decided not to come back when she did the following year.

She worked in a bank.

No matter how good your salary, the Naira's virtually worthless. We might as well be paid in Korean Won or Indonesian Rupiah. That is what 8 years under the very incompetent hands of Buhari has caused

Has your sister shared any story of regret with you ?. How she has to work as a factory worker under unhealthy conditions to make that pittance. How she dropships at unholy hours? Have u seen the pressure that makes illegal alien, especially age within short time?

Being in the United States after abusing your Visitor's visa is not straight forward.

Even if you get US citizenship, they will keep investigating till you are dead. Once they determine you have given an inconsistent information to either the consular officer before you got the visa or while in the United States, you will be stripped of your citizenship and recommended for deportation.

Be careful with the United States and its immigration laws.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by tishbite42: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
in my own case there was a very very strong tie.

And secondly documents were not even perused at all.
Infact the folder was closed the way it was from home.

So it wasn't a case of documentation, and there was no questions asked regarding ties to warrant that kind of verdict.

Be that as it may, does it mean that more than 200 people that had the same verdict didn't have strong ties , besides some didn't even have their documents perused
Na wa o
Na Russia me go try go
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by pacespot(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
21st if August, I was at the American embassy for a visa appointment.

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.
We have a government, system and people that are fantastically corrupt.
We have people who engage in and support illegalities.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.
Nigeria is not regarded as anything again.
In other words, we are just seen as nothing but irritating pollutants.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

It beats me when I see some àgbàdo Nigerians on Twitter who have managed to escape from this hellish country but still supporting evil back home, like that ọgbẹni Dipọ on Twitter.

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by IjebuWarrior: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
OK then... na the foolish Nigerians wey dey vote these useless, Bastard Politicians dey cause all dis nonsense angry
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Dshocker(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
Albinoflash:
ote author=Mindlog post=125353602]I feel for that guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship but was bounced, guy must be experiencing depression promax right now. angryI saw a girl too with scholarship rejected about 3 weeks ago I was shocked the girl was just crying and I heard her saying she already paid school fees to the school don't even know how possible is that

Oga they will refund her back.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2023
Chetas81:
THE QUESTION IS THAT,WHO ARE YOU LEAVING YOUR MOTHERLAND FOR, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY TANGIBLE CONTRIBUTION IN YOUR MOTHERLAND,DO YOU THINK TO BE SLAVE SOMEWHERE AROUND THE GLOBE 🌍 WOULD BE BETTER OPTION FOR YOU,I COME IN PEACE
it is for study
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by IjebuWarrior: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
MT:

Has your sister shared any story of regret with you ?. How she has to work as a factory workers under unhealth conditions to make that pittance. How she dropships at unholy hours? Have u seen the pressure that makes illegal alien, especially age within short time?

Being in the United States after abusing your Visitor's visa is not straight forward.

Even if you get US citizenship, they will keep investigating till you are dead. Once they determine you have given an inconsistent information to either the consular officer before you got the visa or while in the United States, you will be stripped of your citizenship and recommended for deportation.

Be careful with the United States and its immigration laws.

Wellu donu with over-lying ooo. 🙄

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by azyaq(m): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
ITS A PITY MY GUY, I UNDERSTAND UR PAIN, HAVE BEEN THERE TWICE AND WAS BOUNCED IN BOTH APPEARANCE. AM IN SOUTH AFRICA NOW, MY BROTHER OUR PEOPLE DON SPOIL D COUNTRY NAME TOO MUCH MOST ESPECIALLY IGBO GUYS, THEY DO DRUG TOO MUCH HERE. THOU NOT ALL OF THEM SHA AND OUR YORUBA GUYZ NA YAHOO DON. NA ONLY GOD FIT HELP US OOO.

6 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by naturefellow(m): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
TemplarLandry Helinues FreeStuffsNG seunmsg moh247 talented321

Read this? Keep supporting evil! It's coming full circle.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ochiosa(m): 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
US embassy staffs in Nigeria are corrupt they are fully involved in this money for date and their embassies in Africa are revenue generating agencies.

6 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by PaulH07: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
If you want to travel to Canada, UK, U.S have it at the back of your mind you need to be ready with a strong ties home and abroad. Your home ties will be your work capacity/business entity, your abroad ties will be your hosting contacts.
If study, your work must tally with your study course,
If visit your home ties must tally with your foreign invitation like family, business connects and delegated diaspora communication to/fro in the past.
Medical visit all bills must be fully paid and accreditation from ministry of health in home country citing reasons why medical support can't be attain in country of residence.
Money in account should amount btw 250 to 500 thousand USd... personal statement in DOMICILIARY or Personal Statement
If you bring 50-100m account u will b bounced.

What about someone going there to work as a Medical Doctor?

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
oga I am definitely not scaring any one.

Take time to read my post okay.
I also inferred that a lot of people from the hours of 6:30am to 9am were denied visa.
Are you saying that they were all not qualified.

Meanwhile Abuja was not conducting interviews as at when our application went through. We had to fly to Lagos for the interview.

There are things that are beyond the ordinary eyes, no matter how overtly prepared you are for things like that
No wahala. God will make it possible.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by descarado: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
America is full. Attention should be on countries that don't speak English like South Korea, Portugal and Japan. They need people, but we focus on those that speak English.
South korea? shocked
Make I laugh

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by MT: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
IjebuWarrior:

Wellu donu with over-lying ooo. 🙄

Okay, I wish you become a victim soon.

You will know US Immigration law is one of the most draconian in the world.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SmartPolician: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ade4real2016: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sincerely, Nigeria as a nation ought to have gone into extinction.... imagine a student on paid scholarship being rejected...Our so called businessmen no get shame at all....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Chetas81(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
it is for study
they don't have professional citizen in this part of the world
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by RaptorX: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
You guys should keep donating your 60,000# visa fee or how much is it now self, to the US state department. At least you are doing the US government a favor by making their Nigerian embassy and consulate the most self sufficient in the World without any need for US government allocation. You Nigerians are very rich so keep dashing them money and they will keep collecting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by georgeakins: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

From the period spanning 3 hours I was there, nobody left the interview room with a smile or laughter. Almost every one there was rejected.

The funniest thing about the rejection was the verdict on the light blue paper given to the intending travellers which read" you have not demonstrated that you have enough ties to bring you back to Nigeria "

In a layman's terms, it means we are suspecting that you want to japa into the US.

The most painful aspect was a lot of undergraduates that were turned down. A guy that had a $60,000 worth of scholarship was bounced too.

I saw someone who was just going on a study leave from a whole Deloitte where he works in presently in Nigeria being bounced too.
Most of the interviewers didn't even check out relevant documents of the applicants, but just drew their conclusion based on face value.

I was discussing with people and they said inasmuch as the reason for that verdict was baseless and stupid, we Nigerians are viewed as the worst of the worst world citizens to allow access into the US, irrespective of one's qualifications.

Our judiciary is biased and is for the highest bidders, and our political system and elections are flawed (none is perfect anywhere in the world) but ours is glaring and very embarrassing.

Our leaders are not patriotic and that is why when we as citizens have our rights trampled on locally or internationally, nothing is done about it.

So for those of you that applaud evil in this land, pray you remain forever in Nigeria because even if it is just to go and visit and come back, they will not allow you.
If you even have a scholarship or any good thing that can take you out of this country, you will be frustrated at the embassy.

And for those of you that left already and are destroying the name of Nigeria, God's punishment awaits you.
And for those that are still making us proud in the US and elsewhere, may God continue to bless your efforts

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

This is no story, nothing strange about it.
Most of those rejected will still be given visas one day.
Most of Nigerians based abroad today have had their visa applications rejected in the past.

7 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by IjebuWarrior: 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
MT:

Okay, I wish you become a victim soon.

You will know US Immigration law is one of the most draconian in the world.

Baba, they don't just issue you a U.S citizenship without all the necessary background checks to all the way to when you applied at the embassy.

They do extra due diligence before granting it to you, and once you get it, that's all.

Caveat... unless there's something totally off with the application in the 1st place, or a blatant misrepresentation of fact that was previously missed due to error etc...

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by ojasweb(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

This particular statement is the worst thing about the majority of Nigerians.

The way people glorify, engage, and support illegalities and find justifications for it is alarming.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by UnfairLife7(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Emaprince:
Yeah
My younger sister got her US visa on first try around april.. same as my younger bro too, who traveled to Canada.

Meanwhile, I know many people who have been frustrated.
wow!

Was it through study ?
Is their job in Nigeria related to their course of study?
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by PaulH07: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
MT:

Blame those who were given Visitor's visa and Student's visa and abused them. Nigerians are profiled as one of the high risk Nation that will abuse visa.

Let the truth be told, over 90% of the people that were bounced would abuse their visas. The Consular Officers have seen it all. Sadly some few individuals with genuine intention will be bounced too but majority that are bounced are deserving of it.

You must give them a genuine reason why your case is different. US embassy care less about your document. Your body language and what you say will determine it. You cannot fill in your application form that you are going for tourism and you pick Indiannapolis. You have shot yourself in the leg before you utter a single word.

Stop heaping blames on the Government alone, the citizen's behaviours play key roles too.

But what of Doctors that have gotten a job to work there.

Are they denied visas as rampant as this too, or they have a special visa?

Thank you.
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by YourBestWriter: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mummyfour:

I rest my case.
Please mods front page

It is indeed a curse to be Nigerian. I'm on my third attempt now to get a visa, and hopefully it will be successful this time after two previous failed attempts. Sometimes i wonder why humans have to go through such difficult processes just to travel. I sometimes envy the birds that fly freely at will. We committed no crime as immigrants; we just want to leave this country for the rich, corrupt people to defecate upon. Is that a crime?

4 Likes

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by georgeakins: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One of my close buddies got his us visa on the first try with fake bank documents. Really lucky dude.

He was lucky.
Someone who tried that 3 years ago was picked up by police anti fraud unit in Ikoyi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by Mummyfour(f): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
MASTERMIND04:

No wahala. God will make it possible.
thanks 👍
Re: You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy by SonofGod231: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
JimmySwaggart:
I just hope that when am done with my nursing program in few years time I'll able to secure the EB-3 Visa and practice in the US.
You would have to pass the US Nursing licensing exams to be able to practice as a nurse in the US and also have a high score in your IELTS. Nigerians get Visa to the US and Canada every day. Just get all that's required and needed. It's preferable to use Abj as Lagos can be something else.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Life In Jordan For Nigerians / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.