Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23865 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by toxtimmy: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
Any man that would feel inferior because the bother of his wife buying a car for his wife is a lesser man... Actually an evil man... I mean show me where god or allah or which ever god that exist for this universe or beyond don come down from their throne and go to the car shop to buy a car for someone, and drive the car to their house and give them?

Sometimes it's good to call a spade a spade...

boldx:
I will prefer you ask your sister for her opinion. Please don't come and divide the family with your good intention. Don't take that decision on your own. It is easier to destroy a relationship than to build it.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by NoToPile: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
Interesting thread

Interesting comments

Hypocritical Nairaland men on display as usual.

The same people that say their wife is not their family are talking.

If you cannot write whatever legal name she's bearing on the documents then there really is no point.

Kuku keep the money because chances are that whether you write it in her name, their name or whatever, anytime your wife talks too much it will be shey it's because it's your brother that bought the car, if she say he should not drive it same thing. You know he doesn't have a car and most Nigerian men and ego are like 5 and 6

Just dash her the money abeg,

4 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by phemmyfour: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise
When registering the car, the couple will decide on name to use. The name on the receipt is inconsequential

Let them handle the registration, don't divide a happy home with your gift
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by mehooy: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Then it won't be a surprise anymore

It's better not to be a surprise than to surprisingly scatter their union by separating married couple. The man has been nice to you too and this may make him start having second thoughts about you. Maybe you should ask an elder family member/close family friend to stylishly seek her opinion. But if none, then you can buy it in your name and she'll do change of name to any name she wants. Just be careful.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Boyjaco: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
Learn you no agree learn put your mama mama Name there 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Mayeldah(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
This is not hard na, buy the car in your name and give it to them

The can do change of ownership later and write whatever name they wish.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by frozen70(f): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

I think you should put your name and dash the car to your sister

Let her decide what to do as change of name

By the time you give her the car as a gift

Let her do change of name to her choice
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by saintruky(m): 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Both

Then write Mr Joe n Mrs Grace...
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Khallicopyro: 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put your sister's name and her original surname being your dad's name. Incase of casity
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DrDunamis(m): 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

The car is for your sister..
What she does with it shouldn't concern you, put her name
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by target100: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Buy it in your name ie the receipt of purchase then present to them let them decide whose name they will put it then 50 or 100k in an envelopefor registration.
YoungDaNaval:

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by ayandee: 12:12am On Aug 26, 2023
Mindlog:

This reminds me of a couple who came to the UK in September 2021 via study route. The husband was the student while the wife was the dependent and working full time as a domiciliary care worker to support clearing her husband's outstanding tuition fees as the husband was strictly working 20hrs weekly as a student and covered their rent and feeding. Few months down the line, the company gave the wife a small car to be driving to their different service users' homes to provide care, the company gave her a fuel card and were responsible for maintaining the car which she drove home daily even when off shift, the car was with her.

When she was off shift and the car packed in front of their residence, oga go dey insist on wifey to give him car keys so he could drive around for a while but wifey would refuse, reminding him that should he get involved in an accident or got fined for traffic violations while he is the one behind the wheels, she will be in trouble and insurance would not cover the damages. That caused a big strain in their marriage, oga reported her to relatives back in Nigeria of being selfish and arrogant. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You can imagine. He was not even concerned about his wife's job.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Knetpro(m): 12:52am On Aug 26, 2023
Put your sister's name to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by BALLOSKI: 1:16am On Aug 26, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?
buy it in your name and present it to them. Once they have it, they can go do a change of ownership and this can now be discussed between them as a family.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by BALLOSKI: 1:19am On Aug 26, 2023
DrDunamis:

The car is for your sister..
What she does with it shouldn't concern you, put her name
Did you read his post well? He doesn't want to hurt the husband or put their marriage on some strains.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Ayo25: 2:15am On Aug 26, 2023
I don't see any problem here. Receipt of purchase from the car vendor can be in your name but gift it to your sister without registering it. Let she and her husband make the decision about the name the car will be registered.

You need not show them Receipt of purchase.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Akeem79(m): 4:47am On Aug 26, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Then it won't be a surprise anymore
Use your brain dude

Tell her that one of friends brought a landed property for his big sister
And the land document carried his sisters name and that move cause a big problem between his sister and her husband

Wait for her own response
And act from there
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Taiwo20(m): 5:49am On Aug 26, 2023
Use your name and “borrow” her the car as a palliative.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by troubleseller: 6:17am On Aug 26, 2023
LandMann:

Good morning bros. We did a business on one Redmi 8A phone about 2 years ago. I needed your help on something. Please, I sent you an email.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by sandygechy(f): 6:25am On Aug 26, 2023
Register the car as Mrs Sister Husband surname.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:36am On Aug 26, 2023
You definitely are joking .
barthmew:

Why would you buy a woman living in his husband's house a gift? even though she's your sister. That's a subtle insult to his husband.

You should know this; men guides their territory with pride and jealousy.

'The husband has been a source of blessing to you' more reason you should reconsider your intended actions.

Your suppose good intent has the potence of breaking your sister's marriage, in way you could not imagine.

Imagine you are the husband, and your in-law gifts your wife a car. How would you feel?

Please understand this, whatever you intend giving a woman that's married should be channeled through her husband
and then the husband can decide how best to administer such gift or whatsoever the case.

This is what you should, if you so much desire to appreciate your sister and her husband;

1. Gift the husband the car and secretly let him know you felt your sister could use one to ease her everyday commuting to and from her work. That you couldn't gift it to her directly, cos it'd seem like a subtle disregard and disrespect to him.

2. Gift her the cash equivalent of the car and let her use it whatever way she seem fit.

Now, let me ask you. Who do you think will be fueling and maintaining the car in the long run if you eventually buys it for your sister?

Of course, the husband!
Which he may not or may be grudgingly willing to do.

Your sister on the other hand, may not even be happy with your decision, if she's domesticated and homely.

And that being the case, trust her to hand over the car to her hubby or sell the car off to safe face.

So why put a strain in your sister's marriage?

You had better not gift her that car at all if I were you. Gift her the cash equivalent if you must.

Pls apply wisdom.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by vickydevoka(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

When an I reasonable person speak, you will know
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by HRMK: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2023
HAS SHE NO NAME?PUT HER NAME!PREFERABLY HER MAIDEN NAME!!
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by pocohantas(f): 9:33am On Aug 26, 2023
Klass99:

Weird to you but not weird to me, why are you even surprised and bamboozled? That is the sound of insecurity and inferiority complex. Insecure men will sink you faster than the titanic.

I have been reading comments and smiling, the number of male users urging the OP to include the husband's name on the car papers is amusing.

They have quickly forgotten how they love to say negative things like a wife is not your blood. But now they won't allow OP prioritize his own blood to the exclusion of the husband. Or has the husband now become OP's blood too? By virtue of marriage or the car at stake?

They often say illogical things without stopping to think until they are at the receiving end of their own thoughts and ideologies. For example;

1. Men are polygamous in nature and cannot eat one soup for life.....until they father another man's child, then polygamy is no longer sweet.

2. Blood is thicker than water and your wife is not your blood......until her well off family member wants to buy her a car or send her overseas grin

Or you forgot the fact that they claim they are never threatened by a woman's success, but they are all here agreeing that a mere car gift would scatter a marriage... grin If say na woman talk am for another thread, your mentions would be full with them calling you bitter. Na why I no send their papa. They know the truth! Give them time and they will say the same thing they counter you for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2023
Nigerian marriage?

May God help women. grin

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Lama70(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?

Register with the man's name since you guys are good. On the day of presentation, you tell both of them you are buying a car for the family but chose to register with the man's name. If the man has self-worth he will understand that you did it because of your sister. A responsible man shouldn't even be dragging such things with a woman.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Styluss: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
Your sisters name

YoungDaNaval:

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Klass99(f): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by pocohantas(f): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
Klass99:

What are you doing here, are you not supposed to be on vacation enjoying freshly made oha soup? Your diary sessions, FK's and Primma's are always a pleasure to read. I was besides myself with laughter on the update where you said cho cho cho cho will not kill you this early morning or so.

It is interesting how they keep claiming to have logic and when their logic is scrutinized you realize how fundamentally flawed it is in every way. Just see the majority of them clamouring for the car to be put in the man's name too, meaning, it is what they would want for themselves if they were the OP's brother in law.

Their massive egos/egoes can't handle the car being in wifey's name alone, the one Primma quoted in her shock and awe grin, was even candid enough to reveal his true colours, most are hiding under the guise of marriage will scatter, yen yen yen. If the marriage scatters because of a car gift to a sibling then the OP would realize the man is not as good as he thinks after all.

I saw your posts and I couldn't help responding na. You hit the nail on the head. You can see they want the car. I done talk am before say na only for NL Nigerian men dey provide 99%. Offline most women are doing their best. I know many in the bank that bought cars and their husbands drove it. I saw the ones that took loans to support housing projects. But online they are always sending women back to her father's house.

The one my mum was gisting about an aunty and her husband na chochocho for another. That is how many of them are. Logical Wizards. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Farfalla(f): 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
bigtt76:
Let her husband decide how or who rides it.

Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by bigtt76(f): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
You wan cause family problems?

Farfalla:

Why?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by icebergtoby(m): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
To be in a saver side. Just use mr and mrs. On the doc

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Rants At Length Over Wife’s Decision To Serve Him Just Two Pieces Of Meat / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons / I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.