Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23900 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by deltateam: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

Let it bear her name. It's not a crime.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Lexusgs430: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

This lawyer been good to you and your Family.......

Simply put Mr & Mrs .........
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DanielsParker(m): 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
descarado:
Not at all.
If accident happen, he will be the one in trouble.
Anyway, nothing is ever right in naija

Omoh , I don’t know again sha.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Blitzking: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

her name or your name

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by darkmarky(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Shuu...wetin dey difficult for here bikonu. Buy her the damn car and put her name on the papers.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by deltateam: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Then it won't be a surprise anymore

Maybe you should give her the monetary value of that car. Her priorities might differ. She might prefer taking transportation or sharing her husband car.

Transfer the money to her account.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by NewDea4: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Isn't she bearing his surname?

If she is then put it in those names she's bearing, don't make the mistake of putting the man's full names else he will take it away from her

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by cococandy(f): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
Worriedwife:
Her husband's brother would not ask this question if he wanted to buy a car for his brother. You are doing too much or you just want nlders to argue.
exactly. They don’t realize how dehumanizing these little things are to women

6 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Lifecanbeamazin: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sample Mr Glenga and Mrs Titi Olayemi.
Do not write Mr & Mrs Olayemi, remember anyone can be Mrs, learnt that 30 yrs ago. My husband always spelt out my name in all our documents.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by deltateam: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
dawnomike:
Since the guy has been good to your family and he is not messing up, put the name as Mr and Mrs. .......

Who knows tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Popesuccess(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
modernWays:
Didn't your sister answer her husband surname?

Just put Mrs ......
Wise thing to do
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Visocrate(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
Lanretoye:
guess you dont have a car or perhaps have never driven.
No put it like this do I know what is car?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Mohisah: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Your sis no get name?
Before you buy it, let her notify her husband, mk u no go scatter marriage with ur good gesture😊

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by na2016: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
OP, be careful with this issue else you may cause ever lasting strain in their marriage. I suggest you use Mr/Mrs.... in the car document.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by deltateam: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mindlog:

This reminds me of a couple who came to the UK in September 2021 via study route. The husband was the student while the wife was the dependent and working full time as a domiciliary care worker to support clearing her husband's outstanding tuition fees as the husband was strictly working 20hrs weekly as a student and covered their rent and feeding. Few months down the line, the company gave the wife a small car to be driving to their different service users' homes to provide care, the company gave her a fuel card and were responsible for maintaining the car which she drove home daily even when off shift, the car was with her.

When she was off shift and the car packed in front of their residence, oga go dey insist on wifey to give him car keys so he could drive around for a while but wifey would refuse, reminding him that should he get involved in an accident or got fined for traffic violations while he is the one behind the wheels, she will be in trouble and insurance would not cover the damages. That caused a big strain in their marriage, oga reported her to relatives back in Nigeria of being selfish and arrogant. cheesy cheesy cheesy

He is not being reasonable. The woman made valid points. They can go out together as couple.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by m2cad: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Big deal, the husband has been INSTRUMENTAL to your family some he became an inlaw.
I feel it's most appropriate to carry ya inlaw along as u make whatever surprise present to your beloved sister so that your LOVE for your sister won't be a reference point in your sister's family

Soon, you will get married too
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ur sis name on d car paper. Ur name on d receipt.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by TheBillyonaire: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put it in her husband's name.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Buy two cars instead. One for her one for the husband case closed
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by IamAsiri: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Is this even possible?

That one is dangerous o. You want to put her on the spot? What would you expect her to write with her husband breathing down her neck? Plus, it's also dangerous not to finalize documentation with dealers before taking the car away from their slot.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by deltateam: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
Why should you even think of putting her husband's name on the car document? If he is truly a good man like you say, then a car gift with his wife's name should not bother him. In life no one knows tomorrow, put your sisters name alone.

That could be her saving grace to fall on should anything happen tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by deltateam: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

In this era?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Fuckyoumod: 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?
Why are you replying stupid questions? The dude thinks the world is as straight as ABCD...

See, seek the advice of your sister simple.
Before her husband sees your gesture negatively and start thinking otherwise.

Be careful....
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Kuku kill me
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Osa0(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
Naija sha, we like complicate things. D Law had been instrumental to you, then he deserves appreciation.... Baba buy the car,carry go dem house on Sunday, then present the key to them and package registration money for envelope. My little opinion o
YoungDaNaval:

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Georgnilla: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
If you're buying car for her. Put her name bro. Don't give somebody something with one hand and hold on to it with another hand. I hate that

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Southwestidiot: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
modernWays:
Didn't your sister answer her husband surname?

Just put Mrs ......
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Guyman01: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Yes Car is a depreciating asset but a necessity. They both need it in the family

Let me tell you the best thing to do so as not to destroy the peace in that home, I had a similar experience which created a big problem in our young marriage back in the day.
Her brother bought her a car without informing me, to worsen the situation she won't even let me go out with the car with lots of reasons about how I was a bad driver bla bla bla and one day she belittled me by saying after all it was her brother who bought her a car and I was not ashamed during an argument, after that statement and just like in the movie "The Gods must be angry" I insisted that because of her attitude the car must be taken out of our house and that was how a crisis started that almost led to divorce for several months.

When we went for counselling, we were told that the car was one of the issues that aggravated the situation in the home and her brother registering it in her name without informing me was a blunder.

Solution as advised by the counselor: Present the car to them and ask your brother inlaw to register the car for his wife and with that you put it under his control, he will happily register it in his wife's name and she also will be happy that her husband registered it for her in the name he prefers, she will appreciate the two of you wonderful men in her life looking out for her.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by codedguy1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Wow.

I'm just bamboozled!

What's all these weird thinking going on here?

Very weird and immature thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Charx122: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Put it on her single and married surname
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Morphinne: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Since she’s the recipient of the gift, it’s her name (marital) that should be on the document but I’ll suggest that you carry the husband along (very important). You don’t need to surprise the husband alongside. Tell him about it and have it planned together. That way, he wouldn’t feel left out or belittled.
Also, if you include the husband’s name, it could create some ego issues. Also, I’ll like you to consider a few things before handing out the gift. If this said husband doesn’t own a car himself, pls don’t bother getting it for the wife as getting it for her could be interpreted differently and this brings us to the reason why I said you should ensure that he’s carried along. Ciao

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by dbestuncle: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Get it in her name. Does the husband has a car
YoungDaNaval:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With An Overstaying Mother In Law / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.