Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23825 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Kuku kill me

Buh on a serious note since it's a surprise for ur sister talk to the husband first cos he is the owner of the house. If he is cool with it then u can go ahead

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Joezik(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

Your sister name ofcos...it's a gift to her.

Forget the formality of who will drive...it's for her

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Klass99(f): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2023

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by seyigiggle: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
don't give them a liability.
why not give her the money to start a side hustle.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by aumoria(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Present the car to them unregistered and leave the decision of whose name will be on the papers to them.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by randymirrors(f): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mindlog:

When she was off shift and the car packed in front of their residence, oga go dey insist on wifey to give him car keys so he could drive around for a while but wifey would refuse, reminding him that should he get involved in an accident or got fined for traffic violations while he is the one behind the wheels, she will be in trouble and insurance would not cover the damages. That caused a big strain in their marriage, oga reported her to relatives back in Nigeria of being selfish and arrogant. cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's a foolish man not a husband. A husband is meant to be the head in everything including sense.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by tomju2(f): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
Some questions shouldn't be asked in the first place? Use my name to register it. Mstewww
quote author=Kobojunkiee post=125317008] If you want to buy a car for X, shouldn't you put X's name on the car? I mean this isn't rocket science at all since the gift typically bears the name of the one whom the gift is meant for unless you have ulterior motives for presenting said gift. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/quote]
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by absoluteSuccess: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
Bobo, use your gift to further tighten up the home, call it the latest baby of the house you intended adding to the family.

By the time it gets to the end users, they will define and refine how and how the vehicle will be used and if I may tell you, another vehicle will follow.

You did the right thing asking, some women can be possessive, don't use your good intentions to dabaru or add to the silent competition going on, follow your mind.

Those that are led by the spirit of God are children of God, you won't see what your third eye is seeing presently, so use your gift wisely.

Your gift is not the best and the last good thing that will come into their family, so don't make it bring division but unity.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by randymirrors(f): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

Please let's not be overstating/ exaggerating good or goodness. He's a "good" man. If he was that good, he wouldn't worry about a car gift in his wife's name.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Elsueno: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Oga, put ur sisters name on that car, the only thing u own d man is telling him that u want to buy a ride for ur little sister to ease her movement as he is her husband. Anyways even if u put her name, he would still use the car as well, no big deal. UNLESS U INTEND TO BUY THE CAR FOR THEM BOTH, that's when u would use both names

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by absoluteSuccess: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
Klass99:

Weird to you but not weird to me, why are you even surprised and bamboozled? That is the sound of insecurity and inferiority complex. Insecure men will sink you faster than the titanic.

I have been reading comments and smiling, the number of male users urging the OP to include the husband's name on the car papers is amusing.

They have quickly forgotten how they love to say negative things like a wife is not your blood. But now they won't allow OP prioritize his own blood to the exclusion of the husband. Abi has the husband now become OP's blood too? By virtue of marriage or the car at stake?

They often say illogical things without stopping to think until they are at the receiving end of their own thoughts and ideologies. For example;

1. Men are polygamous in nature and cannot eat one soup for life.....until they father another man's child, then polygamy is no longer sweet.

2. Blood is thicker than water and your wife is not your blood......until her well off family member wants to buy her a car or send her overseas grin

Are you mocking marriage based on public opinion?

It's all this sort of justifications that often turn a happy home upside down, the fellow in question has not been scandalized.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Ganjafama(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

If it would cause a rift in their marriage, it's better you don't buy any car. It's as simple as that.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
You just troubling yourself then get two cars and have your peace .
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by darlenese(f): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
You married sis nor get name again? Did that marry her name off
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by frankson1(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?

Your brother in-law shouldn't have any issue with you buying your sister and his wife a car unless he's possessed by an evil spirit undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by barthmew(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
Why would you buy a woman living in his husband's house a gift? even though she's your sister. That's a subtle insult to his husband.

You should know this; men guides their territory with pride and jealousy.

'The husband has been a source of blessing to you' more reason you should reconsider your intended actions.

Your suppose good intent has the potence of breaking your sister's marriage, in way you could not imagine.

Imagine you are the husband, and your in-law gifts your wife a car. How would you feel?

Please understand this, whatever you intend giving a woman that's married should be channeled through her husband (unless in extreme case of serial betrayal from the man of the house), and then the husband can decide how best to administer such gift or whatsoever the case.

This is what you should, if you so much desire to appreciate your sister and her husband;

1. Gift the husband the car and secretly let him know you felt your sister could use one to ease her everyday commuting to and from her work. That you couldn't gift it to her directly, cos it'd seem like a subtle disregard and disrespect to him.

2. Gift her the cash equivalent of the car and let her use it whatever way she seem fit.

Now, let me ask you. Who do you think will be fueling and maintaining the car in the long run if you eventually buys it for your sister?

Of course, the husband!
Which he may not or may be grudgingly willing to do.

Your sister on the other hand, may not even be happy with your decision, if she's domesticated and homely.

And that being the case, trust her to hand over the car to her hubby or sell the car off to safe face.

So why put a strain in your sister's marriage?

You had better not gift her that car at all if I were you. Gift her the cash equivalent if you must.

Pls apply wisdom.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by absoluteSuccess: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
barthmew:
Why would you buy a woman living in his husband's house a gift? even though she's your sister. That's a subtle insult to his husband.

You should know this; men guides their territory with pride and jealousy.

'The husband has been a source of blessing to you' more reason you should reconsider your intended actions.

Your suppose good intent has the potence of breaking your sister's marriage, in way you could not imagine.

Imagine you are the husband, and your in-law gifts your wife a car. How would you feel?

Please understand this, whatever you intend giving a woman that's married should be channeled through her husband (unless in extreme case of serial betrayal from the man of the house), and then the husband can decide how best to administer such gift or whatsoever the case.

This is what you should, if you so much desire to appreciate your sister and her husband;

1. Gift the husband the car and secretly let him know you felt your sister could use one to ease her everyday commuting to and from her work. That you couldn't gift it to her directly, cos it'd seem like a subtle disregard and disrespect to him.

2. Gift her the cash equivalent of the car and let her use it whatever way she seem fit.

Now, let me ask you. Who do you think will be fueling and maintaining the car in the long run if you eventually buys it for your sister?

Of course, the husband!
Which he may not or may be grudgingly willing to do.

Your sister on the other hand, may not even be happy with your decision, if she's domesticated and homely.

And that being the case, trust her to hand over the car to her hubby or sell the car off to safe face.

So why put a strain in your sister's marriage?

You had better not gift her that car at all if I were you. Gift her the cash equivalent if you must.

Pls apply wisdom.

Most women are terrible lots economics wise, my brother, and we also have their siblings that supports their incredible taste and if you say no, you are tagged the enemy of progress.

Just accept whatever comes in good faith, and see how best it can be put to use. I can't tell OP to give his money to the husband, but if you ask the man his priority right now, it might not be a car, so how for do?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by BRATISLAVA: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
If you want to buy a car for X, shouldn't you put X's name on the car? I mean this isn't rocket science at all since the gift typically bears the name of the one whom the gift is meant for unless you have ulterior motives for presenting said gift. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

He knows why he's asking. If not to stir the misogynist pot, why else?

Look at the quoted comment above mine. LMAO. People are so s*****d and aren't afraid to show it.

5 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by fineboynl(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
If the husband has a car don’t buy bigger car oh.

Make it smaller than the husband own.

Buy the car in your name. She can do a change of ownership if she likes.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by capnies: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
IF HER HUSBAND IS BUYING A CAR FOR YOUR SISTER WHICH NAME WILL HE USE
THAT IS THE NAME TO USE
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by vowiski(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
Buy it in her name.:

A reasonable man will be happy that the burden has been lifted of buying his wife a car for the main time.

And a reasonable wife will not be saying my car… She would rather say , I want to fix the Benz tires . Instead of I want to fix my Car tires..

So go ahead..

You rock!!

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Ejaisky: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
Visocrate:
The question here is who is gonna drive the car because of police and other road criminals if you understand what I mean
Our cars documents are in my name and my husband drives them. Police do not bother him, if he is asked who owns the car, he tells them it is his wife's.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Klass99(f): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2023

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by doggedfighter(f): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
DenreleDave:

That was in the past.. Man

I'm off that life.

Speak to me with respect as a mature man.

See this one undecided
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Integrafamoo: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Ask her
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DenreleDave(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
doggedfighter:

See this one undecided

What is it?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Blackdisciple(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put my name
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by abul101: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
It is complicated. It may not be a problem if the husband is very understanding and is okay with your close relationship with your sister. But for me I just think anything that has to do with financial decisions should best be left with the couples involved and let them sort themselves out at their own pace regardless of how much you love your married sibling. I have once being in same tight position when I gave close to a million naira to my sister to renovate and expand her business premises. The disruption caused by the sudden financial infusion almost ruptured her marriage and the husband was now using it to almost blackmail me. If he requested for money from me I could not say no because he will automatically say I was willing to help my sister and not him. I had to give him several "loans" that still have not being repaid. Best thing to do is to "borrow" her your current car and buy another one for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by LordReed(m): 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?

Then ask the husband.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by BRATISLAVA: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
Klass99:

@ The bolded, no, not at all. I am not mocking marriage what I am mocking is the negative and illogical thought processes of men/male users on this forum.

How most of them open their mouths waaaa to say blood is thicker than water and your wife is not your blood is unbelievable. Their own blood relatives will often leave them to their wives to manage in times of poor health or chronic illness.

It would have been nice to see the same set of people encourage the OP to prioritize his blood over the husband like they eagerly advise men to remember/do. Why sing a different tune now? Is it because of a car? Yes, the fellow hasn't been scandalized and I have nothing against him, I am only flipping male logic so we can see what the other side looks like, when they say blood is thicker than water and a wife is not your blood.

There's nothing wrong with the OP buying the car in her name alone, either. Like someone said the husband's brother will not be asking this question if he wanted to buy a car for his brother.

Prrrrreach.

3 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by josite: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
Has the husband a car .if he doesn't .give the hubby the car.if He has a car ,give him the car and tell him u want him to give it to his wife as a gift from you.

Don't change the equation of their marriage .
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Klass99(f): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / Am I Married To Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.