Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23846 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by ITbomb(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
Your married sister now, she already has her husband's name alongside hers and it is a direct gifts

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DanielsParker(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ijaya123:

Just buy the car In Your own name and dash it to your sister.

After like 6 months when the euphoria must have died down, do change of ownership to your sister.

Best response..
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by chuksp09(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
Worriedwife:
Her husband's brother would not ask this question if he wanted to buy a car for his brother. You are doing too much or you just want nlders to argue.
Valid Question
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by denko(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
Please if you want to help your inlaw just say so and put his name. make your sister no go use car oppress that good man according to you.
YoungDaNaval:
He do not have a car yet
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by naijapikin2(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
What sort of question is that

Her name of course.

Next topic abeg

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by CedarHoldings: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
My na...
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by sacajawea: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Note: I

Ok ok, sure sure sure

But I wan ask, Na so e set for ur side??
A whole car??

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Tendd: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
You are buying a car for your sister so put the car on her name.lt won't stop the man from using the car anyway but the car remains your sister's.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by hahn(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

Does the husband have a car?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Iykemaster(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ahh! Pls don't put only your sister's name since the husband doesn't have a car yet..

You can put their names or better still put your own name. Which ever one, don't put your sister's name alone.

YoungDaNaval:
He do not have a car yet
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by enemyofprogress: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
Use her marital name now, that is, Mrs Ngozi Enemyofprogress
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by PussyGalore(f): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put your sister's name on the car documents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Aragon001: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ur sister name of course. Blood over all else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Trustmea: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ur sister ofcourse Incase if yawa gas in the marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by aktolly54(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise
It's common sense question, her(your sister )name and husband surname. If you can make money to buy car for her then you should be able to think on how to put correct name on the paper
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by descarado: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mindlog:

This reminds me of a couple who came to the UK in September 2021 via study route. The husband was the student while the wife was the dependent and working full time as a domiciliary care worker to support clearing her husband's outstanding tuition fees as the husband was strictly working 20hrs weekly as a student and covered their rent and feeding. Few months down the line, the company gave the wife a small car to be driving to their different service users' homes to provide care, the company gave her a fuel card and were responsible for maintaining the car which she drove home daily even when off shift, the car was with her.

When she was off shift and the car packed in front of their residence, oga go dey insist on wifey to give him car keys so he could drive around for a while but wifey would refuse, reminding him that should he get involved in an accident or got fined for traffic violations while he is the one behind the wheels, she will be in trouble and insurance would not cover the damages. That caused a big strain in their marriage, oga reported her to relatives back in Nigeria of being selfish and arrogant. cheesy cheesy cheesy
That's funny.
In naija, we do things differently.
An old lady in usa( they appeared in court. Have forgotten the name of the court but very very friendly court that always pardon people) to her husband to court cause he violated traffic rule but since its her name on the papers, she was fined. She was so furious.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by HaneefahRN(f): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Who exactly did you say you are buying the car for again? Cos I don't know what the confusion is about.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by MrOpp(m): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
Avoid using her maiden name in this context, as it could potentially create a significant issue. Even though her husband might not react strongly, the implications could be misunderstood. Considering that she is married, it's more appropriate to use her first name along with her husband's surname. This choice accurately reflects her marital status and respects her identity.

During the registration process, FRSC will reference her name using her NIN.

FRSC follows the name on your Identity card during vehicle registration. However, as an interim measure, it's recommended to procure the vehicle using her first name and her husband's surname. This approach takes into consideration the complexities of the registration process and ensures a smoother experience.

By the way, you don't need to register the car, leave them to handle the registration process.

Do you need the service of a professional content writer? Contact me on whatsapp 09081603112.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by fuckJones(f): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
husband name
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Famous606: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put your sister name oooo you they whine

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by bluebay(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
Give her the car and money to register the car . Leave the rest for them
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by BreconHills(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Use her name as it reflects on her documents. Individual property does not become the husbands because it has his surname. In fact it is more likely the other way round.

Use the name on her national ID card.

Nothing will happen.

Don't overthink this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by descarado: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
DanielsParker:

Best response..
Not at all.
If accident happen, he will be the one in trouble.
Anyway, nothing is ever right in naija
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by rajiedreez: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
No start wetin you no go fit finish
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Kog45(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2023
We too like wahala for this part of the world.Imagine buying car for a married sister can caused marriage issue…it’s well o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by ukeeddy(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
According to your post, you call the husband your BOSS,and that he has been good to you, I want to believe that he has been instrumental to your success also. He also is your sister's husband. With this information It is wise to put the name as Mr and Mrs....if he a good man , he will not deprive your sister of using the car. That's my take
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by tishbite42: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Her maiden name

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by nnewsnjobs: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

One question from my side.

Does your sister husband has a car?

If yes, then get the car in your sister's name. She can be using it to go to her work, no issue.

If no, you need to be careful here, then you need to get the car with Mr. and Mrs. And while giving it to them, find away to explain to them that the car is for the family then plead with the husband to allow his wife to be using it to go to work because of the distance especially to avoid, so that the car will not come a divide their home.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by oyoofong(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
You have a very good intention of gifting your beloved sister a car gift, which is fine and noble. By your action and my interpretation of your ACTION as per whose name to write on the car document is problematic. Writing Mrs.Chukwuma Umar Olutayo is in order and NOT CHUKUMA KELECHI EZEIGBO. Give her and stop asking malicious questions. No go use car gift cause wahala for her mallage like my Anam... blothers(brothers)
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Mandesz(m): 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

You'll be wise when thy kingdom come!
Nigeria now ehnnn you don't think like a perfect gentleman but like a warlord; as if everyone is your enemy, so u might be safe.
A word might be ok 4 the wise.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by saysoo: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?
you are aleady causing problem. why buy a car for a woman whose husband did not buy a car her? What are you trying to prove to the husband (your guy)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please / Man Rants At Length Over Wife’s Decision To Serve Him Just Two Pieces Of Meat / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.